AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-23, 10:22   Link #81
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by G. Zeus View Post
Based on your description, sounds like ch49's pretty chunky to cover so many issues.
Perhaps it is best to show what I meant through scans.

Old 2007-07-24, 22:43   Link #82
dfens

Just read chapter 49 I can say I'm a little disappointed. I fell in love with this series and the original characters, if Aida is going to focus on these new older girls I don't know if I'll have the will to keep buying the series.

No matter what I guess the gun collector in me will keep me coming back to this series that and the art work which I'm a sucker for.
Old 2007-07-25, 20:24   Link #83
Kalas_Raven

Aida is putting for emphisis on the other girls in the agency!? What about Triela and Henrietta and Rico!? Don't tell me any spoilers just tell if they're in the manga. Are they still the main characters??
Old 2007-07-26, 03:24   Link #84
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalas_Raven View Post
Aida is putting for emphisis on the other girls in the agency!? What about Triela and Henrietta and Rico!? Don't tell me any spoilers just tell if they're in the manga. Are they still the main characters??
Nah, I don't think that there's any need to worry since everybody's been getting their fair share of attention so far. Besides, the introduction of new characters keeps things from getting static.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
Old 2007-07-26, 15:38   Link #85
dfens

I'm sorry to say it introducing more characters ruins a series such as this.

The more you add the more they'll fight for more scene time.

When Gretchen appeared it was just one little panel then they gave her a page or two. She hasn't been back since, which is good I could care less about her.

Then Petrushka came on the scene took up like half of volume 6 then all of volume 8. She isn't a bad character but like most people want to read about the original 5 girls, I mean 5 girls to follow is hard to squeze into 1 whole volume and be good.
Old 2007-07-26, 17:40   Link #86
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
I'm sorry to say it introducing more characters ruins a series such as this.

The more you add the more they'll fight for more scene time.

When Gretchen appeared it was just one little panel then they gave her a page or two. She hasn't been back since, which is good I could care less about her.

Then Petrushka came on the scene took up like half of volume 6 then all of volume 8. She isn't a bad character but like most people want to read about the original 5 girls, I mean 5 girls to follow is hard to squeze into 1 whole volume and be good.
Aida could always kill off characters if he wants. Look at how he did just that recently.
Old 2007-07-27, 12:07   Link #87
Kalas_Raven

ALL of Vol. 8 was about that girl!? Why?? Gunslinger Girl has always been about a lot of the gilrs, one story for each chapter! I don't think I'll like these new gils. I wish Aida stuck with the original 5 girls. We need to know more about them! >_<
Old 2007-07-27, 14:38   Link #88
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Aida could always kill off characters if he wants. Look at how he did just that recently.
I wouldn't mind having a few more deaths in the series. In fact, I'm rather surprised that only 2 of the girls have died so far. Not that I'm a sadistic bastard or anything but their high survival rate is rather unrealistic given the nature of their jobs, even with the artificial enhancements. Yes, it's tragic that their lifespans are so short but I think that people have to be reminded that the situation is much worse because any of the girls may die in any of their missions.

Norihiro Yagi kills off characters on a regular basis in Claymore but many of them are memorable despite their brief appearance. This emphasizes the fact that one of the harsh realities of combat is the number of casualties on both sides. Given that Yu Aida usually tries to make things realistic (gun models, European locations, gray areas in morality, etc) I think that it's about time that he(?) also let a few of the girls perish in combat.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
Old 2007-07-29, 12:49   Link #89
Kalas_Raven

Well they are cyborgs but... I see your point, G. Zeus. Triela should have died in the 3rd volume. (I'm glad she didn't) but she should have. I think it would be more realistic to kill off even some of the more minor characters in the seires, because of the work they are in. It would be more beliveable.
Old 2007-07-29, 13:41   Link #90
dfens

Kill off Triela are you mad the battle royale she had with pinocchio was the best fight in the whole series. Wait till you read volume 5 it was straight up a battle of survival the one who wanted it more wins.

I don't mind a character dying but at least do it for a reason, other than oh I just can. Give it some meaning. Who wants to read something when the main characters die right and left.
Old 2007-07-29, 14:59   Link #91
Kalas_Raven

I wasn't saying that Triela SHOULD die. She's my favorite character in all of Gunslinger Girl. I'm just saying she should have died in the 3rd book. (That's what Pinocchio was GOING to do, then he stopped.)

I said Aida should kill off at least some of the minor charaters to make life at the agency and their jobs seem more belivable. I don't want the main charaters to be killed off left and right!
Old 2007-08-24, 20:09   Link #92
Kalas_Raven

It's offical!! Gunslinger Girl is going to have a second season!!!!!! YAYYY!!! More GSG!! W00T!!! ^o^
Old 2007-09-28, 20:07   Link #93
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Question for you guys who has probably read the manga back and forth and know all the little gritty detalis.

It's old questions but I don't think it needs a spoiler.

Why does ADV call Jose, Guiseppe?

Regarding a couple of Flashbacks.
Is Hartmann, Hilshire? If so, why did that mafia guy call him Hilshire?
Is Prisicilla, Patricia? I got that vibe from that chapter.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-09-30, 13:09   Link #94
dfens

Guiseppe is the proper way to say Jo'se. Basically the english name is Joseph, so I think he went by Jo'se a shortened like nickname version of Guiseppe. So calling him either is correct also latter on like volume 4 onward he went by his proper name so ADV translated it like they were suppose to.

Hartman is Hilshire. His birthname is Hilshire but he changed his last name to Hartman for awhile before he joined the social welfare agency. Now he goes by his original last name.

Prisicilla is the women who works at the social welfare agency in the intelligence division. She loves Henreietta and her job. Patricia the one with the longer hair and glasses is Marco's ex-girlfriend. She left him after she found out he was lying about being in the Military when he claimed he was taken care of a young girl. She said she could smell the gun powder on him. In the chapter your thinking about she met the young girl Angelica and learned what his real job is and why it was so secret. They are still broken up.
Old 2007-10-01, 12:21   Link #95
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Oh I thought Patricia became Prisicilla to get closer to Angelica.

Old 2007-10-01, 19:58   Link #96
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Guiseppe is the proper way to say Jo'se. Basically the english name is Joseph, so I think he went by Jo'se a shortened like nickname version of Guiseppe. So calling him either is correct also latter on like volume 4 onward he went by his proper name so ADV translated it like they were suppose to.
No. They change it to make it sounds more Italian. Which is stupid considering that there's no way "Jean" sounds Italian.

Quote:
Hartman is Hilshire. His birthname is Hilshire but he changed his last name to Hartman for awhile before he joined the social welfare agency. Now he goes by his original last name.
Again no. Hartman is his birth name. He changed his name, I believe, due to the fact that he got too involve in Mario's Child Smuggling Ring and is in need of an identity change.
Old 2007-10-02, 00:58   Link #97
dfens

Guiseppe is the Italian name for Joseph. I know I'm half Italian.

I never really heard of Jo'se but it sounds close enough to a nickname, of Joseph. At least it sounds cool when you say it. Ask Aida if you want to know the whole story.

As for Hartman I'm no expert but I don't think that's German. Close as I found a guy who's Canadian with that name, which basically is French.

Hilshire was going by the name Hartman when he was serving in France just before joining the SWA. Seeing a pattern. More than likely took that name you would see in the country he was in. Like at my friends job. He is the only non-Indian working their and some of them have american first and last names even though they were born in India and it's impossible to have a amercian last name if their father is not american.

Also looking up Hilshire is a name of a supposed German sauage company in the states so their you go. German. We know Hilshire speaks it to his mother and his home is in Germany.

As for Jean you don't have to have a proper Italian first name to be Italian. My name was originally French but now is the number one name in the USA. Does that mean I'm French?
Old 2007-10-02, 09:50   Link #98
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Guiseppe is the Italian name for Joseph. I know I'm half Italian.

I never really heard of Jo'se but it sounds close enough to a nickname, of Joseph. At least it sounds cool when you say it. Ask Aida if you want to know the whole story.
According to the huge Artbook which comes to my posession as a preorder bonus for the first volume of the GSG PS2 Game, the official romanisation of ジョゼ is "Gioseffo" . So we both stand corrected.

Quote:
Hilshire was going by the name Hartman when he was serving in France just before joining the SWA. Seeing a pattern. More than likely took that name you would see in the country he was in. Like at my friends job. He is the only non-Indian working their and some of them have american first and last names even though they were born in India and it's impossible to have a amercian last name if their father is not american.
Hilshire's first name is "Victor" as evident from his phone conversation with his mother. In the flashback, he again is refered to as "Victor Hartman" as Rachel. Why the drastic change in family name ? I again was led to believe this was to protect his identity due to his involvement with the Smuggling Ring.

Quote:
As for Jean you don't have to have a proper Italian first name to be Italian. My name was originally French but now is the number one name in the USA. Does that mean I'm French?
As we the case with ジョゼ , there is no official announcement with ジャン''s romanisation. It might have been "Jan" or "Gen".
Old 2007-10-02, 12:52   Link #99
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

So following this type of thread then Patricia is Priscilla. Because in the flashback it is told from Patricia's POV instead of Marco's, then it ends with Prisicilla wondering why she did this.

So I guess the Flashback shows that Patricia joined the Agency as an Intel expert.

Old 2007-10-02, 19:09   Link #100
dfens

Uhhh my head hurts now.

Forbin Patricia and Priscilla are two different people you really need to re-read the series.

Priscilla was one of the first agents working at the agency section 2, before Marco even started. She never had long hair and never wore glasses. While Marco and Patricia were still dating Priscilla was working along side him at the SWA, even helping to create the Pasta Prince story that they told Angelica. So that pretty proves that aren't the same person. I think Marco would know his girlfriend in diguise.

Anyways Patricia asked Marco about the girl he was taken care of and about the story he made up. She eventually turned the Pasta story into a series of picture books for children.

Later in volume 5 a padina terrorist tricked Patricia so he could get close to her ex-boyfriend Marco and the agency. When the incident ended the guy was shot by Angelica and she learned that he still is working for the government in a Military like position. Also that they use little girls. So he was telling the truth about caring for a young girl, but still lying about being with the Military. Which caused them to break up.

As far as we know she is keeping her mouth shut to stay out of trouble.

MakubeX2 Gioseffo, is kind of weird you sound it out and it sounds like Joseph. And the art book is amazing I have one as well got it for like under 20 dollars. Now I have people bugging me to buy if for almost 100.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, gunslinger girl, seinen