4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-23, 01:11   Link #21
MarthX

It'd be nice if he posted it while /a/ is still up. Who knows how long it will be up this time.

This is an interesting episode because all the pieces have already been translated. Anyone can read them to see how summarized the anime is in comparison.
Old 2007-10-23, 01:56   Link #22
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-23, 09:33   Link #23
MrAnonymous

Heh, this episode kinda made me hope that Higurashi would make use of that Lost "whshooooooOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSS * BOOOOOOOMMMMMM" noise that always ends character flashbacks.

you know.

just so it would be easier to keep track of where we're going.
Old 2007-10-23, 12:09   Link #24
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Sample

Though Irie does change as the pieces go on, like when C*** is talked about
i like the talk between rika and irie. RIKA FTW
Old 2007-10-23, 15:08   Link #25
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

@Klashikari

I can see what you mean by a pained "gomenasai" from Hanyuu, but the thing is, I didn't really feel any emotion when she said it, which is what I meant by Hanyuu needing to sound more...assertive. Perhaps assertive isn't the right word. I think she needs to sound more emotional. What I felt when I watched the episode was that Hanyuu was really bored rather than pained, but of course, that can be just my own personal interpretation.
Old 2007-10-23, 22:27   Link #26
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Preview for 17 is up.

http://www.animate.tv/special/higurasi_yokoku.php

Rika causes a BLEEP? lol
someone should translate the preview i wanna understand what they were both saying ><
Old 2007-10-24, 11:42   Link #27
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
someone should translate the preview i wanna understand what they were both saying ><
It said "On a side note, Hanyuu **** as well..."
Old 2007-10-24, 15:08   Link #28
Jaden

Another suprising episode, made me remember all the side-plots in Higurashi, or should I say plots within plots? Gotta love the Takano-Irie interactions especially. I guess upcoming is discovery of the parasite, past recollections for Kei and Rena, the Mion/Shion switcheroo, Satoshi's disappearance, and maybe more loose ends I don't recall. It'll be interesting to see it all tie in with the main plot.
Old 2007-10-24, 15:43   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well another episode in which we start understanding more things about what's going on. The murder of that Manager finally gets explained. Nothing in conspiracy but a killing that came in a rush. Seems like the manager was affected and went at them and in counter they killed him. Clearly that one guy was well into it with the limb chopping up.

Certainly get to see Satoshi feeling burdened with everything. All the pressure he was under with living in that house. And Takano...that woman creeps me out more every episode it seems. Even planning on dissecting Satoko up.

Hanyuu spending a lot of the episode apologizing for being unable to act all that time. And you can imagine what it was like to watch all this unfold from her point of view. But she'll be ready to go this time. Should keep getting some answers as it moves toward their battle.
Old 2007-10-24, 16:58   Link #30
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Not bad, not bad at all, pieces of the puzzle are starting to fall into place and the series is still able to surprise. I liked Satoshi's outburst, he is not just Satoko's selfless protector. And the first "curse" murder and disappearance was shown quite impressively.

I don't get it how Hanyuu and Rika were able to go back that far in time, though.
Also, since Hanyuu can roam into the clinic and Takano basically behaves like a borderline psychopath, spilling the beans to anyone who might be eavesdropping, I find it more and mroe implausible that Rika and Hanyuu never suspected her.

Old 2007-10-24, 19:19   Link #31
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I don't get it how Hanyuu and Rika were able to go back that far in time, though.
Also, since Hanyuu can roam into the clinic and Takano basically behaves like a borderline psychopath, spilling the beans to anyone who might be eavesdropping, I find it more and mroe implausible that Rika and Hanyuu never suspected her.
It was an early repeat--Hanyuu did say her power was diminishing, but I assume the first few times this was possible.
Old 2007-10-24, 19:30   Link #32
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
True, Irie has been too humanized.
I disagree. I though that he was portrayed as a spineless wimp who can't stand up to his own subordinate when she's blatantly going off and making people become affected by the Hinamizawa syndrome in order to acquire more test subjects. He's certainly not sympathetic since he could easily prevent this but doesn't do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well another episode in which we start understanding more things about what's going on. The murder of that Manager finally gets explained. Nothing in conspiracy but a killing that came in a rush. Seems like the manager was affected and went at them and in counter they killed him. Clearly that one guy was well into it with the limb chopping up.
I'd say that Takano arranged for him to be infected in order to cause that incident to take place.
Old 2007-10-24, 19:38   Link #33
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Just so you know technically Irie is Takano's subordinate so he couldn't really stop her if he wanted to
Old 2007-10-24, 20:55   Link #34
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I think in the beginning, Hanyuu had alot more power to restart over far back in time, but each time that happen, the same result happen and she had to restart again, I believe I think she has been doing that for a very long long time and each time that she resets, Rika was starting to doubt if she can save herself and get out of June 1983 without getting harm, but when a shining light of hope came in because of one person and that person's will to change everything including fate, made her try harder to do impossible.
Old 2007-10-24, 21:01   Link #35
cereal_killerxx

Awesome episode, indeed Hopefully they cram most of pieces and story together without too many plotholes. Can't wait for the next episode XD
Old 2007-10-24, 21:08   Link #36
yangxu

I can't remember if I saw it in this episode or not, my memory's not working properly these days.... But there's a scene with Miyo and Tomikake at a bus stop with pouring rain, did she sell her body to him to gain his absolute trust?
Old 2007-10-24, 21:14   Link #37
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

No that piece was horribly mangled here how it is in the game

Quote:
Spoiler for space:
Old 2007-10-24, 21:19   Link #38
Kristen
*Author

I'm really enjoying what they are doing. After answering the principle question "Why are these strange events occurring?", most animes would just try to resolve it. Here, they're trying to do the Meakashi-hen version of the show: Show everything that actually went on from the very begginning. My understanding is that it was like this in the game too.

Overall, a wonderful episode, part of a wonderful epic series.
Old 2007-10-24, 21:20   Link #39
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
It was an early repeat--Hanyuu did say her power was diminishing, but I assume the first few times this was possible.
It makes no sense for this to be an early repeat, they make a point of showing a very determined Hanyuu, especially in the epilogues of the last two episodes; and Rika's speech in this epilogue makes me think she remembers the Minagoroshi events.

Old 2007-10-24, 23:06   Link #40
yangxu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
No that piece was horribly mangled here how it is in the game
Wow, that was horribly portrayed in the anime... They turned something "relatively" pure, into something that could give people the wrong idea.
Closed Thread