AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2008-09-27, 08:31   Link #981
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

ic... Well i dun think rika is evil just a mere thought
SealedTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 10:03   Link #982
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Well...correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't there at least be a little interaction between her and Satoshi in Saikoroshi-hen? Even though it was just a dream sent by Hanyuu?
Because Saikoroshi-hen is either:
(a) an epilogue of Matsuribayashi-hen without Frederica's interaction with the young Miyoko
(b) an epilogue of Matsuribayashi-hen with Frederica's interaction with the young Miyoko, or
(c) a result of Frederica's interaction with the young Miyoko in the form of a dream
Either way, I heard it's supposed to be a "sinless world" where no one died, Satoshi didn't disappear, Keiichi never transferred, etc.

Also, some KGKA news. We've found two new translators, one working on Kokoroiyashi-hen, and the other working on Watanagashi-hen, I believe. We still need translators willing to do one or more of these arcs: Kataribanashi-hen, Tsumihoroboshi-hen, the remainder of Tatarigoroshi-hen, or Meakashi-hen.
Also, I highly doubt we'll get this far, but any people who can read Kanji without hiragana, would you be willing to take a crack at one or more of the three novels: Nekogoroshi-hen, Kuradashi-hen, or Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Matsuri Hajisarashi-hen.
HigurashiRika_04621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 00:05   Link #983
Hareoic
There will be burgers

I just found out about Kokoroiyashi-hen a few minutes ago. Sounds like it's just started.
Old 2008-10-06, 00:42   Link #984
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

what's that? An additional arc? o.0
Old 2008-10-06, 09:13   Link #985
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealedTime View Post
what's that? An additional arc? o.0
The Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Kokoro-Iyashi-hen (When They Cry - Higurashi: Heart-Healing Chapter) manga will also start later this month after a preview in the current Comp Ace issue. The story will be about the character Rika and her after-school club's first summer vacation together. Yuna Kagesaki (Karin/Chibi Vampire, Strange Mansion, Hekikai no AiON) will draw the manga based on Ryukishi07/07th Expansion's mystery suspense visual novels.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...art-this-month
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 09:23   Link #986
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

I see, thanks for the info.
Old 2008-10-06, 15:18   Link #987
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
I just found out about Kokoroiyashi-hen a few minutes ago. Sounds like it's just started.
Yep, only the first chapter's out. We had almost all of it translated by Dreamiel, but someone else's working on that now.
Old 2008-10-11, 08:09   Link #988
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

I also have a question... I can't seem to find the Kataribanashi-hen mangy anywhere... What exactly is the Kataribanashi-hen about?
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 08:29   Link #989
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
I also have a question... I can't seem to find the Kataribanashi-hen mangy anywhere... What exactly is the Kataribanashi-hen about?
Kataribanashi-hen is just a collection of doujins/short stories collected by Ryuukishi07 into four volumes.
Old 2008-10-11, 11:05   Link #990
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

Can anyone give a brief summary of what happens within that chapter?
Old 2008-10-15, 19:03   Link #991
Rias

The timing for the releases of Kokoroiyashi-hen sure is weird. The story takes place AFTER Matsuribayashi-hen, talks about Matsuribayashi-hen a little bit, yet Matsuribayashi-hen manga hasn't finished seralizing yet. I know lots of people have played the game/watched the anime before reading the manga, but introducing human-Hanyuu in the beginning with no explanation is weird. Or the other various Matsuribayashi-hen elements. The people who have only read the manga for all the pervious arcs would have their be so spoiled thanks to chapter 2...
Old 2008-10-15, 19:57   Link #992
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
The timing for the releases of Kokoroiyashi-hen sure is weird. The story takes place AFTER Matsuribayashi-hen, talks about Matsuribayashi-hen a little bit, yet Matsuribayashi-hen manga hasn't finished seralizing yet. I know lots of people have played the game/watched the anime before reading the manga, but introducing human-Hanyuu in the beginning with no explanation is weird. Or the other various Matsuribayashi-hen elements. The people who have only read the manga for all the pervious arcs would have their be so spoiled thanks to chapter 2...
They did this since the very beginning.

Onikakushi-hen: March 24, 2005 to March 22, 2006
Watanagashi-hen: April 26, 2005 to March 26, 2006
Tatarigoroshi-hen: May 18, 2005 to May 18, 2006
Himatsubushi-hen: January 12, 2006 to October 12, 2006

Like you can see, all 4 of the question arcs began before Onikakushi-hen was even finished.
Old 2008-10-16, 12:00   Link #993
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
They did this since the very beginning.

Onikakushi-hen: March 24, 2005 to March 22, 2006
Watanagashi-hen: April 26, 2005 to March 26, 2006
Tatarigoroshi-hen: May 18, 2005 to May 18, 2006
Himatsubushi-hen: January 12, 2006 to October 12, 2006

Like you can see, all 4 of the question arcs began before Onikakushi-hen was even finished.
The question arcs can happen side by side. There aren't too much infomation exclusive to each arc that would be too spoiler for the others. That's why Meakashi-hen can go side by side with Tsumihoroboshi-hen, and Minagoroshi-hen can go with Matsuribayashi-hen as Matsuribayashi-hen is serialized on GanGan Power.

However, kokoroiyashi-hen does contain some Matsuribayashi-hen elements that would make people go "what? how did that happen?" if you don't know what goes on in Matsuribayashi-hen. Such as the whereabouts of Satoshi.
Old 2008-10-16, 12:21   Link #994
Orophin

Quote:
The question arcs can happen side by side. There aren't too much infomation exclusive to each arc that would be too spoiler for the others. That's why Meakashi-hen can go side by side with Tsumihoroboshi-hen, and Minagoroshi-hen can go with Matsuribayashi-hen as Matsuribayashi-hen is serialized on GanGan Power.

However, kokoroiyashi-hen does contain some Matsuribayashi-hen elements that would make people go "what? how did that happen?" if you don't know what goes on in Matsuribayashi-hen. Such as the whereabouts of Satoshi.
You have a point there but I still think that this is confusing. I mean, those who only followed the manga had to follow 3 different stories with the same characters at the same time.
Old 2008-10-17, 02:43   Link #995
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

Quote:
Thanks ^ ^
Old 2008-10-17, 09:45   Link #996
The Best In The West
ひぐらしのなく頃に fan.

Post Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfriend400 View Post
whee here it is (some parts are what I predicted):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2PV6SE8O

Thank you, here is an update:

UPDATE

By Reading order:

1)Onikakushi-hen - ch: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Epilogue.
2)Watanagashi-hen - ch: 1, 2, 3, 4
3)Tatarigoroshi-hen - ch: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
4)Himatsubushi-hen - ch: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, Epilogue.
5)Oni Sarashi-hen - ch: 1, 2, 3, Prologue, 4, 5, 6, 7, Epilogue.
6)Utsutsukowashi-hen - ch: 1, 2, 3.
7)Yoigoshi-hen - ch: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.
8)Matsuribayashi-hen - ch: 1.

*Higurashi doujinshi:

- Gorioshi-hen
- Hajisarashi-hen
- Katautsushi-hen
- Rakukayushi-hen
- Kimodameshi-hen
- Higurashi no Naku You ni
- Hitakakushi-hen

----Series Break----

8)Legend of the Golden Witch - ch: 0, 1, 2, 3.

If I missed anything, or the order is not correct, tell me and I'll make another update.

The Best In The West
The Best In The West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 14:27   Link #997
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfriend400 View Post
whee here it is (some parts are what I predicted):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2PV6SE8O
c-can someone give me a rapidshare or mediafire link, please? ._.

Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 16:08   Link #998
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

KGKA is still looking for translators for the following arcs:
  • Kataribanashi-hen, Anthology Chapter, a collection of short-stories by fans put together by Ryuukishi07 himself
  • Meakashi-hen, Eye Opening Chapter, the first answer arc in the series
  • Tsumihoroboshi-hen, Atonement Chapter, the second answer arc in the series
  • Chapters 8-13 of Tatarigoroshi-hen, Curse Killing Chapter, the third question arc in the series

Again, for those who can read Kanji without hiragana, please consider trying to translate the three novels:
  • Nekogoroshi-hen, Cat Killing Chapter, a side-story about the mystery of Yagouchi (a village bordering Hinamizawa)
  • Kuradashi-hen, Warehouse Clearing Chapter
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Matsuri Hajisarashi-hen, When the Cicadas Cry Festivals: Shyness Exposing Chapter

Please alert me or my partner, cereal_killerxx, if you wish to help with one or more of these arcs.
Old 2008-10-17, 17:35   Link #999
xxangelchanxx
>:3

Send a message via MSN to xxangelchanxx
This was probably mentioned but the U.S version to volume 1 of higurashi is on pre-order <3
i cant wait for it~~
xxangelchanxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 17:38   Link #1000
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxangelchanxx View Post
This was probably mentioned but the U.S version to volume 1 of higurashi is on pre-order <3
i cant wait for it~~
I put it on preorder in August. xD
But for some reason, Borders couldn't complete my order. ;w;

In other news, Spanish John's (aka mine) first cosplay coming up~
For Halloween, I'm going to be Shion. That should be enough to scare people. I'm even going to go around laughing like her and quoting her and stuff. xD