AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-20, 06:12   Link #41
Anthriel
天使

In my opinion, Sakura during the Oro - Sasuke fight was hilarious. She accused him of being a coward, while doing nothing at all. ^^; However, according to the character book, she has the same potential as Neji, or Kakashi, or Gai, or Lee, or Kiba, or Hinata, or basicaly everyone except Naruto, Sasuke (whose potential is greater than hers), Ino and Chouji (whose potential is below hers).
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-20, 08:26   Link #42
Chotto_Matte
Tired with anime?

Send a message via MSN to Chotto_Matte
What's this character handbook?
Chotto_Matte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 11:37   Link #43
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

just an idea but way things are going now I get the feeling that Naruto will die saving the village from some horrible threat and Sakura will take his place crying for his lost soul....its just me but I love tragedies like that
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 11:45   Link #44
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
In my opinion, Sakura during the Oro - Sasuke fight was hilarious. She accused him of being a coward, while doing nothing at all. ^^; However, according to the character book, she has the same potential as Neji, or Kakashi, or Gai, or Lee, or Kiba, or Hinata, or basicaly everyone except Naruto, Sasuke (whose potential is greater than hers), Ino and Chouji (whose potential is below hers).
wtf? Sakura has potential? well they didn't do a very good job on showing that. But as far as care, she can S my D!
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 12:16   Link #45
Dix11

team 7 is similar to the legendary three team in a lot of ways but if you pay closer attention, Naruto is more directly like the 4th hokage than jiraya, naruto and jiraiya have similarities, but they make it clear that people who know what they are talking about in the series see Naruto as resembling the 4th hokage (Jiraiya even says it to himself in one of the recent anime episodes just released)...so i'd think that the person most resembling a former hokage will more like become a hokage...

ALSO...lets not forget that Tsunage is the afterthought hokage because they went to Jiraiya first...its like asking out a girl to prom, and when she says no you go to your backup plan...Sakura would be backup to naruto if naruto didnt want the job but we all know how naruto feels about becoming hokage so i think its safe to assume that sakura suc- i mean wont be hokage.
Dix11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 13:38   Link #46
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dix11
ALSO...lets not forget that Tsunage is the afterthought hokage because they went to Jiraiya first...its like asking out a girl to prom, and when she says no you go to your backup plan...Sakura would be backup to naruto if naruto didnt want the job but we all know how naruto feels about becoming hokage so i think its safe to assume that sakura suc- i mean wont be hokage.
umm.... why would they ask sakura to become hokage? (unless she improves) but as far as things go, she still sucks! Hell, Let sasuke become hokage if Naruto declines. There's a whole line of people who will qualify to become hokage. like:
Sasuke
Neji
Shikamaru
kakashi
Lee
Gai
Gaara ( assuming he turned good n stays in the village)
ect...

I just don't get it. Why would people assume or even think that she will become hokage when all we've seen so far is her obsession with sasuke? *blinks*
Old 2004-06-21, 13:50   Link #47
xxjc1104xx

Send a message via AIM to xxjc1104xx Send a message via MSN to xxjc1104xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoV
The only reason Sakura can control her chakra better than Naruto and Sasuke is because she doesn't have as much chakra to control. Her potential is practically nothing compared to the potential Naruto and Sasuke have. Sakura hasn't shown us any ninjitsu either. All we know so far is that she's really bright, but really sucks at fighting. So far, it seems, she only knows the basics like bunshin and biting people. I can't see someone like her ever becoming hokage unless she changes herself drastically.
.... that is a false speculation, no where does it say the more chakra you have, the harder it is to control. sakura has good chakra control, is intelligent, and has genjutsu specialties. like when oro invaded during the chuunin exam, she was one of the 2 who could actually break free from the sleeping spell.. other than shikamaru, he's smart too =P
xxjc1104xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 14:00   Link #48
Naxo-kun

Dont know why do you dislike her so much. Is it only cause she isnt strong enough to break the floor with a punch? A character doesnt need to be always a strong freak (look at Shikamaru) , and Sakura is far smart than any Genin, she was the nē1 in the exams at the academy and the only one who answered all the questions (by herself) in the first test of the chuunin exam.

I´m sure we will get surprised when we see her again in the manga...
Naxo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 14:20   Link #49
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxo-kun
Dont know why do you dislike her so much. Is it only cause she isnt strong enough to break the floor with a punch? A character doesnt need to be always a strong freak (look at Shikamaru) , and Sakura is far smart than any Genin, she was the nē1 in the exams at the academy and the only one who answered all the questions (by herself) in the first test of the chuunin exam.

I´m sure we will get surprised when we see her again in the manga...
But unlike Shikimaru, Sakura has shown us NOTHING, just a couple of kawarimi no jutsu and some biting.............nothing more, oh yeah and a trap.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 15:24   Link #50
Dix11

i didnt mean that i think sakura would be next in line to replace naruto as hokage, i just meant to point out the parallel there to make it obvious that Sakura wouldnt be asked to be hokage based purely on the premise that team 7 is like the legendary team.

someones logic earlier in the post was that since tsunade is going to be asked to be hokage...then does that mean sakura will be hokage one day beacuse team 7 parallels team legend in a lot of ways...my answer was basically no, especially since they asked jiraiya to do it first so that would lead by his logic to meaning naruto would be asked first..jiraiya turned it down, i doubt naruto would say no.
Dix11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 16:00   Link #51
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

*sigh* ok I gotta do this....

I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura. I hate sakura.

I don't freaken care if she's the smartest! She's shown NOTHING that's worth my time! Even during the exam, she didn't cheat because she didn't know how. And didn't Iruka say that Sasuke has one of the highest grades in the class? Sasuke's smart too, and he had to cheat during that exam. If she was sooo super smart and she knows these illusion techniques, why in the world did she fall for that illusion Kakashi put on her about Sasuke dieing when kakashi was testing them? That was soo pathetic! No, I'm not hating on her.. ok I am hating on her. Why would kishimoto create such a loser character like sakura? Did he have bigger plans for her, then lost interest in her and made her all "sasuke obsess"? I truely think that her role in the manga is to follow sasuke around like a little bitch!

I mean almost everyone in the anime has an ability, at lease all the girl genins that we were introduced to has one. Ino has that transfering mind thing and Hinata has the kick ass Byakugan. TenTen- well at lease she can fight! And what can Sakura do? NOTHING but cry when sasuke rejects her! She's useless!!! She cries about sasuke not being man enough (the fight with Oro) but all she did was stood there and whined! I mean if she was soooo smart, couldn't she at lease use her brian to come up with a stragey to beat Oro or at lease to distract Oro so they can run away. UGH!!! God I hate her!!!!

She sees only the surface and not the inside. She sees that Sasuke is hot, she doesn't see the ugly power seeking Sasuke. She sees the "annoying" naruto not the naruto who would never give up. If he falls down, he comes harder on the 2nd try. She sees the lazy Shikamaru and accused him of running away when they were chasing Sasuke and Gaara. She sees herself as the high and mighty smart sakura when in fact, she weaker than ANYONE in the anime!!!! I've never had to deal with STUPID characters as her self until now!! UGH!!!!!

Last edited by PerniciousJuJu; 2004-06-21 at 16:24.
Old 2004-06-21, 16:08   Link #52
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerniciousJuJu
I mean almost everyone in the anime has a bloodline,
So far we have only seen 5 bloodlines ... But I'm sure you were referring to the special abilities eveyone but Sakura seems to have.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 16:23   Link #53
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
So far we have only seen 5 bloodlines ... But I'm sure you were referring to the special abilities eveyone but Sakura seems to have.
UH.........

*points*

YEAH, that's what I meant!

*goes to edit*
Old 2004-06-21, 16:32   Link #54
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Just recently watched the Jump Festa 2004, and it wasnt surprising that she was left behind to watch the kids, and couldnt even do that! She spent 80% of the episode in a friggin net! Its sad that she did absolutely nothing >.<
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 20:59   Link #55
evil_edea

I said it once and I will say it again:

Sakura has no traits (mental, physical, personality-wise) that would make her a good Hokage. She's not smart, strong, brave, or caring. And most of all, she has no will to be any of those.

Sakura is complete trash.

Where are all the Sakura fans? I can understand that she wouldn't have many, but even still...
evil_edea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-21, 22:56   Link #56
CyberPunk

i'm pretty sure the konoha advisors asked jiraiya to be hokage simply because he was there and tsunade's location was a mystery. he declines because he isn't fit to lead, and then proceeds to hunt her down.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 09:47   Link #57
CapoV

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjc1104xx
.... that is a false speculation, no where does it say the more chakra you have, the harder it is to control. sakura has good chakra control, is intelligent, and has genjutsu specialties. like when oro invaded during the chuunin exam, she was one of the 2 who could actually break free from the sleeping spell.. other than shikamaru, he's smart too =P
Kakashi said himself the reason why Naruto and Sasuke were having a harder time controlling their chakra is because they have more chakra than Sakura.

Sakura didn't actually break free from anything. She realized that it was genjutsu because she's good at identifying genjustu and pulled a Harry Potter where she kind of blocked it. If she actually broke free, then that would imply that she fell asleep and then woke up on her own. Sakura is book smart, and is great at controlling her chakra, but to say that that she as "genjutsu specialties" may be a little off. We know that she can identify genjutsu well because Sasuke even said so himself and the chuunin exam case, however, where else has she actually used genjutsu? She only knows the basic stuff like replacements and bunshins. Having said that she still knows and understands how and when to properly use them in combat as was evident when she was trying to eat that sound guy alive.
CapoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 11:34   Link #58
Amarieste
The Librarian

Send a message via AIM to Amarieste
she's okay, i guess, it's not like you have to pay attention to her all the time and that you have to like her. And i don't think that she'll ever become hokage. it's just not likely. Sakura is one of my favorite characters and she's cool. i guess she's just going through that phase that almost every girl goes through with the Sasuke thing and stuff. and Kishimoto really doesn't focus much on any female characters, except Tsunade, and well...watever. if u don't like Sakura then why do you talk about her so much? if i don't like someone, i just choose to put it like if they don't exist. hope that makes sense. and of course, NARUTO WILL BECOME HOKAGE. Sakura will do something, maybe go into healing, i dunno. but she's okay, she's not the best, but she's there and that's it.
Amarieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-22, 12:15   Link #59
xxjc1104xx

team 7, in my mind, doesn't really seem to have similarities to the legendary sannin.. true naruto is like jiraiya, a little, but sasuke and sakura don't seem like orochimaru or tsunade.. not strength wise or anything, but personality wise. all the other teams have 2 guys and 1 girl too..
Old 2004-06-22, 12:18   Link #60
xxjc1104xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoV
Kakashi said himself the reason why Naruto and Sasuke were having a harder time controlling their chakra is because they have more chakra than Sakura.

Sakura didn't actually break free from anything. She realized that it was genjutsu because she's good at identifying genjustu and pulled a Harry Potter where she kind of blocked it. If she actually broke free, then that would imply that she fell asleep and then woke up on her own. Sakura is book smart, and is great at controlling her chakra, but to say that that she as "genjutsu specialties" may be a little off. We know that she can identify genjutsu well because Sasuke even said so himself and the chuunin exam case, however, where else has she actually used genjutsu? She only knows the basic stuff like replacements and bunshins. Having said that she still knows and understands how and when to properly use them in combat as was evident when she was trying to eat that sound guy alive.
well, her genjutsu is certainly better than narutos and sasukes.. cause she did wake up naruto when he fell to that spell. and that's only sakuras strong point, genjutsu =/ she can't fight if her life depended on it, her weak kunai would not do ANYTHING

and it's true, naruto doesn't really focus much on female characters. like when kisame and itachi were fighting asuma and kurenai, kurenai did horrible, and when kakashi showed up, the kurenai famous quote that made me laugh.. "nice soo kakashi" the soo is how she pronounced it >.< hinata does horrible, ten ten does horrible, ino does horrible, the only "emphasized" female characters are tsunade and temari