AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-20, 06:42   Link #1021
Haladflire65
*Artist

If they did, I'd be really, really sad. How can I not be able to see Hei electrocuting someone again!?!
Old 2009-10-20, 07:14   Link #1022
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
Ninja skills. Hei's main use of his power was to make his coat bulletproof and to deliver killing blows with electricity... it'll handicap him, but he'll still take out his share of soldiers and contractors.
The coat is only bulletproof when he puts a current through it. Sure, he has ninja skills and will be able to handle the crummy contractors and soldiers, but you know there's going to be someone who is going to be tough, and he'll need his power for it.
Old 2009-10-20, 07:54   Link #1023
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I thought the coat was bulletproof when he just unfolded it, but it makes more sense that he would use his electricity to make it so (also explains all the tatters at the bottom of the coat).
Old 2009-10-20, 09:42   Link #1024
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I thought the coat was bulletproof when he just unfolded it, but it makes more sense that he would use his electricity to make it so (also explains all the tatters at the bottom of the coat).
In the first season they said the coat was bulletproof when Hei wore it, so yeah.
Old 2009-10-20, 12:51   Link #1025
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The coat is only bulletproof when he puts a current through it. Sure, he has ninja skills and will be able to handle the crummy contractors and soldiers, but you know there's going to be someone who is going to be tough, and he'll need his power for it.
Like I said, yes, he'll lose his bulletproof coat. But he was always able to deal with contractors--see South America--without Contractor powers. He'll be considerably weaker, but asides from some of the more powerful contractors, I just don't see him being beaten.

Right now, that would be... Harvest from the manga, maybe. November probably could have, but he's dead. Hazuki, the ninja chick? I doubt it. The golem guy? Probably not. The burger guy with superspeed probably could, but he's dead.
Old 2009-10-21, 15:50   Link #1026
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It could be like the HEV suit in Half Life/Half Life 2 series...where the armor is "electrically hardened."
Old 2009-10-22, 11:51   Link #1027
Weils

Episode 3:

Spoiler for Episode 3 spoilers:
Old 2009-10-22, 11:52   Link #1028
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

@Weils - That kind of post belongs in the episode three thread, when it's created.
Old 2009-10-22, 11:56   Link #1029
Weils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
@Weils - That kind of post belongs in the episode three thread, when it's created.
Yea...I know. 'Cos I won't be back here looking at DTB section until next morning eight hours later from now, so might as well write it here.
Old 2009-10-22, 12:37   Link #1030
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Thanks for the summary. Wow. Episode 3 sounds wicked!
Old 2009-10-22, 13:47   Link #1031
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Episode 3:

Totally glorious.
Old 2009-10-23, 10:29   Link #1032
Vangrim
Missing Detective

I'm glad the action shifts back to Japan, didn't like the vodka-drinker Hei that much!
Old 2009-10-24, 01:00   Link #1033
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Episode 3:

and after the ED in the extra scene:
Spoiler for Extra scenes:
Old 2009-11-04, 01:05   Link #1034
sintaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
and after the ED in the extra scene:
Spoiler for Extra scenes:
i know wtf
Old 2009-11-04, 01:37   Link #1035
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
this is killing me. i really want to know what happened between Yin an Hei. even though he said that he will kill her i dont think he will. but with this vodka drinking hobo Hei i cant guess anything he will do he's too unpredictable this season.
Old 2009-11-06, 22:51   Link #1036
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ I think that's what makes Hei interesting in the second season... he was more humane in season 1, but his unpredictability in S2 makes it easier on the writers to throw us off.
In addition, I realised they're really pushing the 'Misaki-loves-Hei' thing so far...while I love MisakixHei, that leads me to believe that it won't actually happen or there will be a tragedy of some sort.
Old 2009-11-07, 13:26   Link #1037
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
was just wondering what everyones theory is on the meteor fragment that Suou has?
After watching ep5 it sort of struck me that before everything happened with her brother she showed contractor signs and then when the was with her frind in his house and saw the anti-tank gun she wanted to use then the first sing of trouble she gets into next she is suddenly able to materialise it out of the fragment.

once i thought of this i was thinking along the lines that this new type of fragment is the reason that contractors manifested their powers in the first place but instead kets the person that holds it it lets them choose their own power.

i thought of this because at the end of season 1 and in season 2 the saturn/jupiter ring was a device that was meant to destroy contractors powers which teir theory worked that the first season fragments emitted a type of wave. now with season 2 fragment this one houses the waves that give contractors powers. and thinking along these lines i was hoping thats how Hei will get his power back once he comes in contact with Suous's fragment.
Old 2009-11-08, 08:40   Link #1038
Tanksenior
~:=}

I'm not really liking the whole "depressed" hei thing, I hope he'll be a bit more optimistic soon.

Anyway things will get better back in Japan I'm sure
Old 2009-11-16, 21:59   Link #1039
hymntastic

what episode does he second season start at?
Old 2009-11-16, 23:22   Link #1040
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymntastic View Post
what episode does he second season start at?
Hei? Right from ep 1