AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-10-03, 13:21   Link #61
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I was calling nonsense the overall point of Sasuke being incapable to deal with the Alliance -or what little remain of it.

Incidentally 8th Gate Gai was indeed ridiculously powerful but he didn't fight alone. 6th Gate Lee, Edo Minato, Kakashi and Gaara fought alongside him taking away Madara's offense and defense which is what allowed Gai to land his blows.
But as I sad those details are irrelevant plotwise. If Gai wasn't dreaming right now and tried to interfere in this fight he would be taken out just as fast as the nine Bijuu because his spotlight has passed.
Yeah he could take out the alliance quite easily at the level he's at and I agree that plot does wonders during fights true if he did show up and and wasn't a crisp he would lose for some odd reason or he would even forget that he has the gates.
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 13:33   Link #62
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
I'm HOPING that during this fight we get a little more info on Naruto's lineage.
Who were Minato's parents, for example?
How is the Uzumaki clan related to the Senju?
I'm very surprised that edo-first and second are gone and we never got a good explanation as to what happened to the senju. i think kishi might be trying to sweep their shaky history under the carpet and hope nobody notices
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 13:55   Link #63
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I'm very surprised that edo-first and second are gone and we never got a good explanation as to what happened to the senju. i think kishi might be trying to sweep their shaky history under the carpet and hope nobody notices
He didn't know how to explain the senjus I mean they practically dissappared without a massacre as it stands we only know about Tsunade in this era
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 07:40   Link #64
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
We already noticed hundreds of chapters ago
Not to mention the question of how the hell did the 1st hokage die at such a young age, he was practically immortal if we don't count aging, since he could self-heal, was way stronger than anyone else ever after Madara vanished, and was the leader of the village so he was in the spotlight all the time. I expected some explanation from Madara, for example he plotted with Zetsu to poison Hashirama while he was sleeping and such. But no explanation was given, not even in the very end where they went to the other world together.

There are things that are simply unrealisitic in this manga no matter how you try to explain it. The 1st such unrealistic thing is that ninja are not actual political rulers of the world due to their overwhelming power, they answer to feudal lords who are ordinary people, and in some cases they are made to look like idiots too.

The 2nd most unrealistic thing in my opinion is that there are ninja who can single handedly destroy almost entire villages, but no village was ever destroyed since the beginning of the ninja system. Take for example Deidara attacking the Sand village and using all of his explosive jutsu, which he did not and yet if it was not for Gaara most of the village would have been killed by the morning. Then take the villages themselves who have such ninja, their armies should have destroyed some enemy villages in those 3 world wars, the same way in our world there are countries that do no exist any more, there are nations that were driven away from their homeland and sometimes exterminated. Empires were formed and destoryed or shrunk down to small countries. So the Naruto world was completely static during the whole history of villages despite the huge destructive forces that existed within them and around them.

So i guess the disappearance of the Senju clan is probably not even in the top 10 unrealistic things list
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 14:18   Link #65
itachi-san314

it's not a question of realism. if you want to break anything down in this story it would be unreal. the question is why did he completely avoid the issue? surely he could have came up with something to explain the senju disappearance, regardless of whether we liked the reason or not
Old 2014-10-05, 04:53   Link #66
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
it's not a question of realism. if you want to break anything down in this story it would be unreal. the question is why did he completely avoid the issue? surely he could have came up with something to explain the senju disappearance, regardless of whether we liked the reason or not
If you can choose to either give an unsatisfactory explanation or avoid giving one then in the case of less important issues you can just avoid it. The fate of the Senju clan was never really important for the majority of the readers/fans, so why waste pages on some explanation that's not even realistic.
Old 2014-10-05, 05:59   Link #67
bonsobon

Funny how both Naruto and Sasuke use Itachi's words in their argument with each other to try to get their point across. It makes you wonder who really understood what he was trying to say. Is it Naruto? Is it Sasuke? Or is it neither and they're both misunderstanding him?
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 07:03   Link #68
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Eh, Itachi fucked Sasuke up for no reason. I get that he was fighting for what he believed and thought was right but he should have killed Sasuke off when he wiped out the clan. I know it's easier said than done, since Sasuke meant most to him out of everyone in the clan.

Still, there was no reason to let Sasuke know that he did it. It fucked up his mentality and left scares so big that the guy still can't rationalize at 17. I know he did it so that there would be a person who would punish Itachi for murdering everyone but it was once again selfish line of thinking from Itachi.

Had he made Sasuke think Itachi died with the family, Sasuke would definitely turn out a lot different. Even when he would learn the truth, the amount of hatred he build up would still not compare to the suddent twist of 'Itachi did it' after years.

Sigh, it's unfortunate.

I really wish we didn't have this Madara/Kaguya crap go on so long and had this fight way sooner. This series could have been so much more but in the end it was dragged in the mud so that little kids would give them more money.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 07:42   Link #69
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Still, there was no reason to let Sasuke know that he did it. It fucked up his mentality and left scares so big that the guy still can't rationalize at 17. I know he did it so that there would be a person who would punish Itachi for murdering everyone but it was once again selfish line of thinking from Itachi.
Itachi doing that to his own clan without him being evil would logically lead to the conclusion that he was forced to do it by the village. And Sasuke would eventually end up destroying Konoha because of that. Itachi had to come up with a reasoning that distances himself from the village. He also wanted to spy on akatsuki who were the greatest threat to the village. Going undercover meant that he had to be a criminal. And nobody said that Itachi was right in his decisions, on the contrary, Itachi himself explained to both Naruto and Sasuke how wrong he was. He realized he was the cause of Sasuke's current dark path, and realized that only Naruto can save that guy now. So i think if there is somewhere a character who became the opposite of "selfish" in this manga that is Itachi.
Old 2014-10-05, 08:42   Link #70
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I'm sure it would have been really easy to show Sasuke a Genjutsu with Itachi's body, making the kid believe that he's 100% dead. Would have worked a lot better for him, I believe.
Old 2014-10-05, 11:33   Link #71
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
If you can choose to either give an unsatisfactory explanation or avoid giving one then in the case of less important issues you can just avoid it. The fate of the Senju clan was never really important for the majority of the readers/fans, so why waste pages on some explanation that's not even realistic.
again, realism is a moot point. as for importance, the senju were a more powerful clan than the uchiha. and based on the last 4 or so years of the manga, the senju played a larger role than any other clan aside from uchiha. the fate of the senju is indeed important
Old 2014-10-05, 23:54   Link #72
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Naruto will end at chapter 699!

It's official! Naruto will end with five more chapters. With chapter 699 being the last!

Source:
http://www.shonenjump.com/j/2014/10/naruto-fin.html
https://twitter.com/SASAKI_Hisashi/s...59296373989376
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...5-weeks/.79600
http://shonenjump.viz.com/node/2326

Even tho the manga had some problems recently with whole Kaguya thing. It's still sad that the manga will end so soon.
Old 2014-10-05, 23:55   Link #73
Aegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I find highly unlikely that the last fight of the story will be covered with only 5 chapters. Brevity has never been one of Kishimoto's strong point.
Well, that was unlikeley, but that's what will happen.

The manga will officially end in the issue #50 of WSJ. Chapter 694 was in issue #45.
There is officially only 5 chapters left until the end of the manga.

source : http://www.shonenjump.com/j/2014/10/naruto-fin.html (official WSJ site)

The manga will be over when the movie will come out.
We'll have the Naruto final chapter on Nov 5th or 6th. The movie that will come out a month later will be nothing more than the epilogue.
Aegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 00:12   Link #74
Random14

Well, guess this won't be a long fight then. Unless the fight is four and a half chapters with a really short epilogue, but I hope not. Would be nice to see everyone after they get out of those cocoons. Guess this is it, really going to miss this series (with all it ups and downs). We all knew the end was coming, but still, sad news.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 00:21   Link #75
Wandering Soul

Guess it won't be a very long fight then since at max it will be just 5 chapters long.
Old 2014-10-06, 00:34   Link #76
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Well, guess this won't be a long fight then. Unless the fight is four and a half chapters with a really short epilogue, but I hope not. Would be nice to see everyone after they get out of those cocoons. Guess this is it, really going to miss this series (with all it ups and downs). We all knew the end was coming, but still, sad news.
Many think that the new movie will be the epilogue!
Old 2014-10-06, 00:48   Link #77
The Green One

Only five more chapters huh? Sheesh, it's going to feel outright strange not reading a chapter each week after doing it for so long. Should be amusing to watch the final bout of screaming when Character A doesn't hook up with Character B even though that's not even remotely what the manga is about.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 02:53   Link #78
Spelt

Even tho It's ending is overdue it's a pretty strange feeling. Naruto has always been a big part of my life and its going to be weird not having my weekly chapter.
Old 2014-10-06, 04:53   Link #79
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Good. After all these years, this manga will finally end.
Old 2014-10-06, 05:34   Link #80
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
It's official! Naruto will end with five more chapters. With chapter 699 being the last!

Source:
http://www.shonenjump.com/j/2014/10/naruto-fin.html
https://twitter.com/SASAKI_Hisashi/s...59296373989376
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...5-weeks/.79600
http://shonenjump.viz.com/node/2326

Even tho the manga had some problems recently with whole Kaguya thing. It's still sad that the manga will end so soon.
Every reader with OCD just fainted.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion