AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 00:39   Link #41
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niker117 View Post
The whole reason I fully support an animated game. Having a Little Busters! Kind of minigame, besides the whole Saya route being a completely f-ed up story sending you two times to the main menu without further explanation...

If the game is properly animated we could see the game being partly easier, but the whole idea of Angel Beats! Has a LOT of guns around so I think its a safe bet that we'll have minigames like that.

I also support a Baseball game, as this is a jun maeda work, that's almost guaranteed.

Niker
They should make a Project Diva style rythm game featuring Yui XD

What's with Maeda and baseball anyway...
Old 2012-04-17, 00:46   Link #42
Balzac
Assistant Professor

What people like and appreciate about Key through the years would perhaps be served better in a separate discussion in itself. Personally, as a specific appreciator of VN comedy, Key has remained golden in that department, and that's why they're one of my top-tier companies to look out for.

I strongly feel apprehensive about treating the girls in Angel Beats! as romance routes, because it would thus shunt the game into individual routes with specific endings, which although expected, isn't exactly "novel" in my book. (Not that I won't be pleasantly surprised by the method Maeda might use though)

And in addition, aren't Yui and Yuri spoken for? (For the latter especially, it'd mean much of the SSS exploding in sheer rage if Otonashi confesses his love and is reciprocated) But I can see a Kappei-like route (for those not in the know, a route from Clannad) for Yui maybe.

Also, I remember someone writing a remark last year in a thread I don't remember about Key making an otome game. With the sheer amount of males in the cast, Angel Beats! The Visual Novel could become a suitable prototype
Old 2012-04-17, 00:48   Link #43
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

They are spoken for but that doesn't mean they should be excluded from the game....after all if everyone gets covered that would be the ideal. And it doesn't have to be from Otonashi's POV only....the game can jump POVs with each route
Old 2012-04-17, 00:52   Link #44
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Romantically, of course. I'm not saying exclude 'em, just that they can't all be necessarily romantic in nature; there are many instances of non-romance routes in Key's history so it's not exactly new. And again, coming from an anime with established dynamics, it's hard to perceive someone like Yui for example responding to Otonashi. Reverse-NTR dear gosh I'd prefer Maeda write hers as an extension of Hinata's route or something.
Old 2012-04-17, 01:03   Link #45
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Romantically, of course. I'm not saying exclude 'em, just that they can't all be necessarily romantic in nature; there are many instances of non-romance routes in Key's history so it's not exactly new. And again, coming from an anime with established dynamics, it's hard to perceive someone like Yui for example responding to Otonashi. Reverse-NTR dear gosh I'd prefer Maeda write hers as an extension of Hinata's route or something.
Exactly what I meant...when you get to her, make it POV switch to Hinata's. That way, can cover more people's stories without the need for so many routes too...
Old 2012-04-17, 08:29   Link #46
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Yuri's was pretty much in the balance for most of the story ( Unless you read heaven's door ) I remember a distinct scene from ep 2...

In any case, I would love to see a romantic outcome for every girl, and then a non romantico outcome in the "true" route.

Maybe in the true route that Otonashi chooses say, kanade, we are treated to a similar outcome as the anime?

Niker

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 09:22   Link #47
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Technically, the anime end is the True end...
Old 2012-04-17, 09:32   Link #48
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

We don't really know. The true end may be something like discovering the real secret behind the world, finding god or something.

I would rather think that the anime ending was the Kanade ending, as many questions lie unanswered.

Niker

Old 2012-04-17, 14:32   Link #49
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Could it be more a Kinetic Novel like Planetarian?
Old 2012-04-17, 14:37   Link #50
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

NO! I definately hope it will not be something like Planetarian. There's just so much to be explored in that world that I don't think the Kinetic novel design fits it at all.

Niker

Old 2012-04-17, 15:00   Link #51
Balzac
Assistant Professor

A kinetic would fit, thus having the plot stick to the anime roots. It'd have to be longer of course, with much detail given to the characters. I'm guessing with this approach, there'd be arcs much like in the anime, with appropriate characters explored, for example each of the girls in GirlDeMo at the start right next to Iwasawa's or Naoe's by the time the SSS are fighting him.

And then this basically throws multiple girl capture routes out the window for the true Kanade ending
Old 2012-04-17, 15:15   Link #52
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

If Jun Maeda was working on a "scenario" where Iwasawa didn't dissapear, then the kinetic novel is out the window.

Niker

Old 2012-04-17, 23:01   Link #53
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I wonder what would happen if Iwasawa was interrupted before My Song.

Possible scenario: The Week Without Their Music
During Iwasawa's song, one of the faculty members tripped while making his way into the platform above the stage. This causes one of the lights to fall on Iwasawa, severely injuring her. The SSS manage to escape, but Iwasawa remains in the infirmary for a week following the incident.

During this time, the other members of Girls Dead Monster, worried about Iwasawa, considered disbanding because they do not want to put their friend in trouble because of their reckless singing.

During this week, Otonashi MUST try to stop them from disbanding because this is the condition for the disappearance of Hisako, Sekine and Irie (see Episode 12). One possible way is to convince Yui into replacing Iwasawa for the meantime. Successfully drafting Yui into GDM can inspire Iwasawa into returning as lead guitarist of GDM, and we can eventually see Yui and Iwasawa performing together.

However, Iwasawa's disappearance would be inevitable, as she would still disappear in a performance much later — a "farewell concert" she personally organized with GDM. This was actually triggered by her injury, which like her injury in the living world, involves her head.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 00:37   Link #54
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Aren't injuries moot in the afterlife? There's a bigger chance the hit to the head instead goes into a flashback reminding her of her life like Hinata with the fly-ball than being knocked down for a whole week.
Old 2012-04-18, 00:41   Link #55
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Recall that Kanade was knocked out for some time as well after encounter with her Harmonics clones, so this is just as plausible.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-04-18, 00:44   Link #56
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Well it's...Kanade. That long injury I took to be more related to her power malfunction. She's like the big exception in the whole afterlife... we don't even know how exactly her powers fit into the grand scheme.
For the Iwasawa scenario, it'd make sense if it didn't affect her physically, but the flashback put her into a cycle of depression because it reminded her of her previous life.
Old 2012-04-18, 00:55   Link #57
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
And in addition, aren't Yui and Yuri spoken for? (For the latter especially, it'd mean much of the SSS exploding in sheer rage if Otonashi confesses his love and is reciprocated)
They could make it so if you go the Yui route, Hinata gets Yuri and vice versa. Although it'd be hilarious if there was a way to get both and double NTR Hinata.

But on the whole, I'd rather see a story that isn't about choosing a girl -- if there's any choice at all, it should be limited to Yurippe and Kanade.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-18, 02:33   Link #58
Balzac
Assistant Professor

On second thought, technically it isn't NTR if the couple hasn't formed a relationship prior to the "theft". If Hinata and Yui don't get a chance to get together at all, there's only a perceived NTR on the part of the fans...

And I agree with your latter sentiment, since as I said, we have an anime base that already showcases chief dynamics. Yuri should remain just the unassailable leader of the SSS, with all the boys clamoring for her as Otonashi and Kanade go lovey-dovey to the side.
Old 2012-04-18, 03:18   Link #59
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

NTR in Angel Beats! is.....<_<

You could make stuff all tragic and sad like that but....I dunno does it fit the theme? Don't think so...
Old 2012-04-18, 03:23   Link #60
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

How about the possible pairings for the rest of the cast? Although on second thought, I don't think all of the girls have interests with boys in the SSS. Hisako has signs of liking Iwasawa, and the dynamics between Sekine and Irie suggests another yuri pairing. That just leaves Yusa and Shiina, who are too quiet to show any signs of affection towards the opposite sex.

I did remember hearing about a supposed pairing between Hisako and Fujimaki.