AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-03-14, 08:42   Link #5501
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Just stick to ARAMs, Dominion, the new game modes that Rito introduces

If anything just play normals and catch up with all of the champs for there. The jungle is different so stick to relearning lanes first.

Spoiler for IEM:
Old 2015-03-14, 14:41   Link #5502
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Any tips for someone who will return to the game?
I think last time I played was during the time when Karma was new, and that's a LOT of heroes to learn and relearn.

Also, as someone with a far less than competitive nature, will it be a good idea to jump in to the League compared to DotA 2 or other MOBAs? Right now, I'm ping-ponging between Minecraft and Dragon Nest and I wanted a change of atmosphere or something like that.
Smite is popular and I've tried a few others, but LoL is by far the most fun to play for me. ARAMs will help you get the hang of the new poking options available (of which there are many) and bot games can introduce you to the new new jungle and the ever-changing items. I still haven't played any solo Q despite it being two weeks or so since my own return.

P.S: Karma pwns well, I managed to hold a lane 1v2 and still get ~55 cs by the 10' mark. She has been redesigned to fit mid and top in addition to her classic bot role...but strangely enough, few people play Karma.

Spoiler for finalists:

Last edited by Kafriel; 2015-03-14 at 15:51.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-14, 15:52   Link #5503
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Unbelievable, holy #$%ing unbelievable. Good luck for all the teams that will face EDG in the MSI.
Old 2015-03-14, 16:21   Link #5504
IceHism

Thats right GE tigers.

Spoiler:
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-14, 16:37   Link #5505
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Thats right GE tigers.

Spoiler:
They better hope now for WE to return and start stomping the LPL, if not it will be the biggest embarrassment for EU, NA and KR.
Old 2015-03-14, 20:12   Link #5506
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

That blue shell made me cry tears of joy.

Well done to the WE team, what a game they brought.

Gonna root for the west at the finals, but kinda split anyhow. Still incredibly bummed over SK's choke, I wanted to see them in a BO3 so bad.
Old 2015-03-15, 05:41   Link #5507
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Summoner Level 3.
Holy shit, the sheer number of items available. D:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 10:08   Link #5508
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Ingame or in shop?

Ingame don't sweat it, just go with recommended and start looking at some guides. The more you play you'll begin to see how certain items are non-meta and unused and you'll improve naturally.

In the LoL shop, I'd save my IP and then use it all on tier 3 runes. There are guides to that as well.

Keep at it, enjoy the game above all!
Old 2015-03-15, 12:32   Link #5509
IceHism

Quote:
Summoner Level 3.
Its okay, every champ has a set of only 6 out of 8-9 items they can realistically build
Old 2015-03-15, 12:37   Link #5510
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Summoner Level 3.
That's what makes it fun! No more of that crap cookie-cutter build that ALL champions of a certain role must buy! Have fun with AD Thresh and on-hit Vi :P

I ended up playing Soraka today, didn't know she had had yet another remake. What's with everyone getting skillshots? Does Riot hate targeted spells or something? ...anyway, no ADC in the team, Akali mid losing to Vlad and top just getting shredded by the enemy jungle/top. Lee Sin (not jungling but going bot against Caitlyn) spent more time in the fountain than in lane, so I was practically soloing bot with a support...again. Didn't know what else to do, so I went with warmog's/spirit visage and then a ton of AP in order to abuse her W! We somehow turned it at 40' and won after picking up a baron, but damn...that was hard.

EDIT: Screw this, lagging waaaay too much to watch this game live! At least now I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning

EDIT2: So yeah, I ended up watching it...
Spoiler for GAME 1:

Spoiler for Game 2:

Spoiler for Game 3:

v use spoiler tags for a day or so, the match just ended.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2015-03-15 at 16:42.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 16:24   Link #5511
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

WE, I am proud of you. While I am a bit sad that I can't see Spirit holding that championship Cup. But for what you has accomplished coming into this tournament, you guys did excellence.

Congratz TSM, for being the strongest Western team.

Oh and NA > EU
Old 2015-03-15, 16:39   Link #5512
Awrya
U mad?

TSM are the champions, but still props to WE, no one expected them to go so far in this tournament.
Got to love twitch chat, they come up with so many weird things.
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-03-15, 16:41   Link #5513
IceHism

TSM > Korea confirmed.
Old 2015-03-15, 16:41   Link #5514
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Bad strategic plays from WE. Game 1 should have been theirs.

Death by a thousand cuts, really. Not impressed this series, but certainly their achievement of getting to the finals was nice.
Old 2015-03-15, 18:44   Link #5515
Awrya
U mad?

This is why ARAM is so fun (or not):
http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflege...2?tab=overview

Enemy team with ridiculous burst potential with ADCs and Assassins + a Thresh for pulls. Kalista, Talon and Thresh were free rotation champs and you could feel that they never played them before. For every 2-3 Death Sentences someone on our team should have been bursted down, but Thresh either kept pulling the minions or Malphite.

But we also had a nice team comp with Malphite/Pantheon engage followed by Annie/Tibbers stun. I don't think I'll ever get used to Malphite's ultimate cry, that sound + jumping towards an enemy looks too funny.

Now that I'm level 27, it's about time I started to get runes, but it costs 10k+ to build one complete rune page from scratch (minus the ones I unlock as I level) with T3 runes.
Old 2015-03-15, 19:10   Link #5516
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for Reflections on IEM Katowice 2015:

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2015-03-15 at 19:31.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 19:36   Link #5517
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

After reading a guide on how to deal with the road to a Level 30 Summoner, I set up a couple of bot games to familiarize myself with the free champs. (It's also an uneven matchup at 4v3 as the guide suggested.)

First game as Ashe, I actually lost because the enemy Xin Zhao bot tore through my allies easily, and the deadlock I managed to force mid-game was countered by Xin bot's advance through bot.

Second game as boots-on-head Nami, and it was much fun. According to some guides, support roles don't usually last hit to allow the companion to get more money, and since the champ comp consists of Karthus, Morgana and an idiot Trist on my side against Amumu, Cho'gath and Kog'Maw, I often switched lanes to help out the other lanes. I eventually chose Morgana over all the others, and I watched as Morgana snowballs with the help of my CC.

It is nice that AIs can use non-free heroes. At least I can watch how those champs fight (or revisit those who may have been remade since last time).
Next stop is Shyvana, I guess.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 19:51   Link #5518
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

My thoughts!
Pretty much agree with Last Sinner though.

Spoiler for Team Assessments::

@ Marcus Good for you! Play like 20 games of bots. If you have a friend, maybe you can duo bot with him in some human vs AI. Once you win like 10-15 "hard mode" bot games you can definitely hop into normals and learn how to lane against humans. I say this lightly because I had friends that taught me and walked me through it, so I learned really quick. I even had a friend lane against me an a premade 1v1 so I could learn the basics of laning and trading. Do what works with you!

Also ARAMs for fun and learning how to dodge and zone.

Anyhow, I would advise when you're playing solid normal games to main Gangplank mid. He teaches you ALL the basics. When to poke, when to use powerspikes, when to trade, how to conserve mana, map awareness, how to make plays with your map awarness and your ult, and how to farm.

Great champ for learning some very important aspects of the game.

Also he's a pirate. Who doesn't like that?

Keep at it!
Old 2015-03-15, 20:00   Link #5519
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Spoiler for Impressions:
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-15, 23:53   Link #5520
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

IEM is normally a good tournament with its finisher in Katowice. Watch the 2013 grand finals between Frost and Blaze - that was a good set. If you have the patience for only one game, watch Game 3 of that set. It is an epic. As for 2014 IEM, it was definitely better than 2014 All-Stars.

Tags
league of legends, lol