Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-11-18, 21:40   Link #81
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
As expected from episode 7.. (at least BW was more wholesome)
I think Brave Witches is probably the exception rather than the rule. Still, the episode was more enjoyable than I thought it would be, which is a good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Operating limit is different from actual depletion. Operating limit is based on how much output a witch can make, with a focus on whether the output is enough for combat. As time passes, a witch would not be able to keep up with the required output to run the units and also the shields. Basically, it's similar to the voltage: A battery can be recharged, but the voltage might decrease with time. For all I can see Yoshika used up her reserves, with it taking time for her to actually recharge.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Since this episode covered the concept, the time has come to address a misconception from another thread: the idea that magical energy is analogous to voltage is wrong. Voltage/potential difference refers to the delta in energy between two locations and doesn't describe the rate of flow. A Witch's output is correctly described as being analogous to current, which is the amount of electrical flow (magical flow for the Witches). Clearly, the relationship between voltage, current and resistance is not something that Yonsei University teaches its students
Old 2020-11-18, 21:52   Link #82
arkhangelsk

Personally, I'm not thinking about any of that. Yean I know, strange for me who tend to like to get into this kind of stuff. However, Strike Witches doesn't capture my heart enough to put in the effort, and it is way too obvious that there are no real rules, that Yoshika will be weakened completely in accordance to the needs of the vignette (not even episode). Any explanation they attempt is just paper-thin babble...
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-18, 22:11   Link #83
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well another good ep7 and Lucchini strikes again this time being possessed

Charlie really destroyed that shirt
Old 2020-11-19, 07:58   Link #84
arkhangelsk

Actually I thought this episode was not so much a fanservice episode than a gag episode, and it was so stupid I laughed quite a bit, so ... and we have Sanya and Eila next time.
Old 2020-11-25, 13:55   Link #85
Marina2

Ep.8

Ah...Yes! This is what I have been waiting for! Sanya X Ella ep!!!

Great to see Sanya acted as leader for the operation. A little conflict between her and Ella (and their made up) was nice to see. Combat in this ep is also interesting with stealth enemies that can't be easily seen with naked eyes and a core that move around its body.

BTW, Look like as long as Yoshika got some time to recharge her power between the operation, she will be mostly fine. Let hope there is no new problem in the future.

This is a kind of ep. I like the most from Strike Wtiches.
Old 2020-11-25, 14:01   Link #86
arkhangelsk

I think I have never seen such a proactive Sanya before. But yes, it is a very good episode that really worked out.
Old 2020-11-25, 18:37   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Nice to finally get a Sanya and Eila episode. Makes sense this time to actually focus a bit more on Sanya getting heated up. And works well with a problem that pits their two respective abilities into conflict. Both confident in what they detected and didn't detect.

No matter how much trust is there neither could have gotten this far without trusting their own abilities. And it just works since Sanya was too fired up to calmly assess things. And of course Eila isn't going to obey any orders that require her to ignore Sanya's life being in danger. Eila saying she was wrong would be not prioritizing Sanya's safety.

I'm not entirely sure how come Sanya's powers couldn't detect that thing. Yeah, it has a lot of empty space...but it still has a shape and is still a neuroi. Would have been a bit more ok with it if she detected something but chose to ignore it since it felt too minor to be the main body anyways.
Old 2020-11-25, 21:37   Link #88
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not entirely sure how come Sanya's powers couldn't detect that thing. Yeah, it has a lot of empty space...but it still has a shape and is still a neuroi. Would have been a bit more ok with it if she detected something but chose to ignore it since it felt too minor to be the main body anyways.
The detection piece makes sense at a conceptual level: if we suppose Sanya's magic is similar to radar, then it'd work by sending out a wave, which would reflect off an object and be picked up by Sanya. The geometric Neuroi meant the amount of signal bouncing back to be detected was far less than usual, so assuming there is some threshold to how much signal returns to Sanya before she can say she feels it, she wouldn't detect it if this signal was really faint or limited. Stealth aircraft, for instance, scatter radar waves in different directions, reducing the amount of signal that the detector picks up, and similarly, tiny objects return so little signal that it's not picked up.

Overall, this was a great episode, a proper return to form The timing is also pretty good, since we're now a month away from Christmas.
Old 2020-11-25, 22:11   Link #89
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So its Sanya and Eila time to shine they both work well together as well contradict each other
Old 2020-11-27, 13:16   Link #90
Ernietheracefan

Is this the first time we hear Maita's angry noises..?? (CMIIW)

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-02, 14:53   Link #91
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep9:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-02, 15:14   Link #92
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep9:
Anything contrary would fundamentally go against the theme in Strike Witches
Old 2020-12-02, 19:23   Link #93
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep9:
Unless you want Trude to having a PTSD like Sonoka was..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-02, 20:38   Link #94
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Overall, this was another fun episode. Taking a closer look, the effects of the fuel in this ninth episode are a reference to the fact that the real Komet used a highly corrosive and lethal mixture capable of dissolving organic matter. To lighten this for Strike Witches, it's unsurprising the fuel only dissolves clothes instead!
Old 2020-12-02, 22:11   Link #95
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its good to see Ursula again and bring a lot of useless gadgets but at less she upgraded the jet striker But on the plus side the fuel dissolves clothes
Old 2020-12-02, 22:50   Link #96
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

That Striker was modelled after the Me 163 Komet, which used a rocket motor as opposed to a true jet engine.
Old 2020-12-03, 13:52   Link #97
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Anything contrary would fundamentally go against the theme in Strike Witches
Yeah, that's why the whole dramatic ED song thing was a farce.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-04, 02:08   Link #98
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well its good to see Ursula again and bring a lot of useless gadgets but at less she upgraded the jet striker But on the plus side the fuel dissolves clothes
they really must have nailed that fuel formula to eat clothing only while fueling the rocket engines. that fuel was rather toxic IRL...
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-04, 08:50   Link #99
gral

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
they really must have nailed that fuel formula to eat clothing only while fueling the rocket engines. that fuel was rather toxic IRL...
IRL, it burst on fire when in contact with organic material, like cloth fibers and skin, IIRC. Being Strike Witches, it merely dissolves clothing.
gral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-04, 09:59   Link #100
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Halfway through the season I got the impression that they would be focusing more on the older members of the 501st, and this episode sort of supports an idea I've had since Mio essentially exited the show at the start of the season.

If they retake Berlin at the end of the season, this might actually be the last action hurrah of the older members. Mina's already losing it, and Gertrude is not far off being just a year younger.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote