Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-29, 22:27   Link #261
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Relegation's eligibility is reinstated. Kawasumi Mai (KN), Kurata Sayuri (KN), Misaka Mikoto (TAMI), and Tsukimiya Ayu (KN) are placed back on the Do Not Nominate list.
Old 2009-12-29, 22:31   Link #262
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Looks like we will be seeing all four in the regular season then.
Old 2009-12-29, 23:24   Link #263
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Only if they can beat the nominees for one of those remaining 34 slots. Then they'll have a second shot at getting killed by the likes of Shana, Kyou, Fate, and Haruhi.

Oh and yes, Yuki Mori is sort of a body type that Maetel is modeled after. Matsumoto's willowy blonde haired women. Some people love them. In fact Yuki just got some fresh 2009 screen time with the December release of the new Yamato Rebirth feature film just a week or two ago.
Old 2009-12-29, 23:46   Link #264
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

They'll make it. Weak as Kanon may seem to the top 16, they're still top 50 material.

And Mikoto...is obvious.
Old 2009-12-30, 00:19   Link #265
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Makoto of course, but Kanon's flame is going cold. Though sad girls in snow still works. Clannad's longer run seems to have taken over. But with no KyoAni produced Key anime forthcoming their memory might become more even.

But they still have to make it past the second 16 (or so) and the high end newbie nomination plus the Saimoe, Best Moe winners, and the top 16 that aren't in the tournament already. Tough standards.

They might make it, but since it is only 50 girls, it will be tough.
Old 2009-12-30, 10:37   Link #266
chaosprophet

Well ... "K-On! Anime's 2nd Season Officially Announced"... depending on when this air, then I will change my opinion about K-On performance on next year.
Old 2009-12-30, 10:42   Link #267
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm thinking 2nd half of the year. January is fixed and April is filling up already. An announcement of this timing would indicate it's at least 6 months away, so I wouldn't count on it airing before July.
Old 2009-12-30, 11:26   Link #268
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Looks like we will be seeing all four in the regular season then.
Right now they're in the preliminaries. But in a way they earned it. Mikoto may be popular enough to reach the regular season, but until the regular season starts, each character has a chance including the Kanon girls.

K-on getting a new season is like a double edged sword. (a) the second half could be even better and would give me a reason to want to get the series (they are actually selling original DVD imports here) or (b) the writers could decide on original material which is unacceptable to K-on fans and might not buy the series.
Old 2009-12-30, 12:00   Link #269
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Kyoto Animation may have learned their lesson about delays this last year. Hit them while they are still hot and selling like platnium singles.

Considering the talk a year or so ago about K-On...specifically that no one know who was animating it (looked like Kannagi) and some mild calls for, "yeah I'll check that out, but if it really is KyoAni I'm going to be upset because its delaying Haruhi...or why not just more Lucky Star" comments. Now, while still having detractors and rabid fans, K-On has made its own name despite calls about not quite so good art quality from time to time. They sold a lot of people just on the ED "Don't Say Lazy" alone. Enough that they seem to be selling albums even to non-anime fans. A whole lot of albums.

Also has enough international appeal that it got its own Abridged series within a few weeks of airing. (perhaps even a few days considering how viral Yui's castinets were).

It will be an interesting year. All that is needed is a Rozen Maiden OVA and more Minami-ke....and maybe more Lucky Star...but lets not push things.
Old 2009-12-30, 13:36   Link #270
Eater of All
NOM

Well damn, I should have saw it coming from a mile away. How can KyoAni resist milking such a fat cash cow?

And with that, K-On has no doubt secured a place in ISML. Hell, even the mere announcement of this 2nd season might be able to shift things quite a bit, because it'll give K-On voters something to anticipate for instead of leaving the memories to rot in their heads.
Old 2009-12-30, 13:39   Link #271
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
First draft of my nomination plan complete. I based these off a multitude of factors instead of just who I liked the "best" or found the "most moe".

Spoiler for The List:

The last four are kind of like wildcard spots for me, so I could easily replace them with someone from this next list.

Spoiler for Secondary List:
Old 2009-12-30, 13:43   Link #272
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Endless Yui? 8episodes of Yui playing her castanets. It will sell.
Old 2009-12-30, 14:34   Link #273
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

At least with Endless Eight is was the actual plot of the story. Just you can't quite feel the repitition of the cycles in the short story. We can now. It is much more painful and yet oddly fitting now somehow. Also the dark mania of Haruhi has past...only new material remains from Dissapearance onward. And while that should benefit Yuki most, Haruhi will have her moments as well. Can't say the same with Mikuru...It just isn't her story....well at least Mikuiru(small) anyway. Mikuru(Big) on the other hand...well she's not generally in things for the moe'.

With K-On they have about enough materialfor a second season already and by the time the show comes out the manga will be just a little ahead of the anime, and thus give them some room to do other things while they wait for K-On's college years to build up enough material.

But for ISML, one cannot be complacent. Just because they have a second season coming does not mean you can defer your vote for them because you think "Oh they'll get in anyway", because that is how some girls lost.

Question...I'm wonding how much material Lucky Star has since the series ended?
Old 2009-12-30, 15:17   Link #274
chaosprophet

I'm not 100% sure but I think that in the Lucky Star manga the characters graduate not long ago but after the end of anime. Anyway, I don't see original material for K-On and Lucky Star as bad things. Considering that they're 4-koma, every scene, even if based on a concept in the manga, needed to be extended a lot. This means that if you liked the anime for those two, then you already enjoyed a fair amount of original material.
Old 2009-12-30, 16:28   Link #275
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
It's that time again...

Today's Fantasy. Which characters do you think would win in 2010? Percentages are welcome.

Old 2009-12-30, 16:36   Link #276
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Yami - 57-43 ... Yami started performing really well during the latter parts of the regular season, but I'll assume she drops the ball a bit and go with a not-as-rape matchup.

Holo - 58-42 ... Likewise, I expect Horo to perform slightly worse than last year, so this seems reasonable.
Old 2009-12-30, 16:58   Link #277
Team Rocket Elite

Yami already beat Shinku back in Sapphire when Shinku was still in the upper tiers of strength. Considering the Rozen Maiden collapse in DE, Shinku no longer has the strength to beat Yami. There's the possibility that Shinku is back to being super strong now, but I'll believe it when it actually happens.

Kushieda isn't close to Holo in terms of strength. Toradora is finished and their characters will just go down from here. Holo wins without any trouble.

Konjiki no Yami (TLR) [55.77%] vs Shinku (RM) [44.23%]
Kushieda Minori (TD) [41.78%] vs Holo (OtK) [58.22%]
Old 2009-12-30, 17:24   Link #278
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Yami
Horo

Thank god that I can finally vote for characters that I like AND who have a chance of winning ._.
Old 2009-12-30, 17:33   Link #279
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Shinku and Horo.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2009-12-30, 21:12   Link #280
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Spoiler for Tidy:
Yami (59%) > Shinku (41%) - Depending on whether the RM faction will come back with full force again, Shinku can either win or lose this one. RM faction is an exception though, not the norm; Shinku wouldn't get close to Yami if she won't get backed like last year.
Horo (60%) > Minori (40%) - Shouldn't change much from last year's statistics.

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament, voting