AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-12, 10:36   Link #61
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
What did I just watch?

Boobs: check
Furries: check
Aliens: check
Mechas/powersuits: check
Military: check
Terrorists: check
Spies: check
Kids with superpowers: check
Serious: check
Comedy: check
WTF: CHECK

What a mess.
haha, everything you wanted?
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 11:48   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Picked up the show only because I knew Hanazawa Kana had a major role in this, so I had pretty much no idea what I was getting into. Kana's character is pretty awesome so I got what I came for and some more.

Still, not sure what to think about the rest of the episode. For a moment, I thought it was going to be similar to To Love-ru, with a hot alien girl starting to live with some random bland boy, and Aoi maybe playing a role similar to Yami's... but then, SPIES EVERYWHERE! I have no idea what the hell is going on. Well, it was interesting, I guess. Waiting to see how the story will progress.
Old 2010-07-12, 13:50   Link #63
Ichijo

I watched the first episode only knowing that it has catgirl aliens. My impressions went like this:
Spoiler for Ep1 impressions:
Ichijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 14:07   Link #64
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
Well Eris did say their planet is also called Earth, in the process of renaming it to avoid confusion, and they surprised also of humans appearance that thought it was a hoax at first.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 15:55   Link #65
Nerroth
NePoi!

It's probably a bit of a long shot, but since they are in Okinawa, I hope they might show a bit of the Ryukyuan culture and language, if only to note their presence on the island.

I'm not getting my hopes up, though.
Old 2010-07-12, 16:14   Link #66
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
I found the first episode very good. Straight into the action and story is really great. Love to the point plot.
Of course i'm not sure if i'm the only person slighty put off that everyone the main knows is actually some assassin / (insert word). Thats just way too much coincidence. I'm sure i'll get over it though as the episodes fly but man I would like to see what his reaction would be if his childhood friend is a backstabber, and the girl that likes him is a cold hearted killer.

Wonder if his Ojii-san is also some American spy. All their missing is foreigner interference.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:23   Link #67
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
What did I just watch?...WTF: CHECK What a mess.
The WTF makes it all good, lol. I consider myself pleasantly confused. I have no idea how to connect the pre-OP part to the rest, but I am perfectly willing to let them show me.

I was pleased that the protagonist was not sniveling, abject, and shocked, but seemed to take things in stride after a modicum of reflection.

I'm expecting that the amazing coincidences will be revealed not to be coincidence: he was under observation already, for some reason.

And we already got some Okinawan food, so I expect bits and pieces of other Okinawan culture.
Spoiler for ep1 speculation:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:44   Link #68
Xacual

I'm pretty sure that weird cult online group was exactly that. They are depressed that this cat girl is the first alien contact and not something really amazing. Not to mention she speaks "japanese" and her planet was called earth too?!? How could this be a proper alien! At least that's what I got from the meeting and teacher's attitude.

I didn't expect much but the series was decently surprising so I'll probably watch more and see how it goes.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 16:46   Link #69
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Please do try to ID the guns here=>
Spoiler:

Oh yeah it will be GIF time soon....this series has some really good moments.
Hanging on the right looks like an M-4. The first upright piece on the left looks like a Colt 6920 or similar, based on the straight ammo clip and its grooves. To the right of that looks like an M-16. The wood stock to the right of that is classic AK-47. To the right of that (middle) seems to be another Colt... the straight clip again. And at the bottom is a SOCOM-package MK23. Which leaves the one at the upper right... can't help ya there. I'm not actually a gun person, just noodling around with Google Images.

Nothing exotic in the firearms really, just a bunch of pro-grade weapons drawn pretty well.

Quote:
What did I just watch?

Boobs: check
Furries: check
Aliens: check
Mechas/powersuits: check
Military: check
Terrorists: check
Spies: check
Kids with superpowers: check
Serious: check
Comedy: check
WTF: CHECK

What a mess.
Well yeah. But throw it all together and ask,
Does it blend??
Sometimes mixing a bunch of stuff together is stupid. Sometimes it works oddly well. We'll have to see where this one falls.
Besides, who doesn't like nekomimi paired with big oppai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
One thing I do like about Eris is her name, as I have a bit of a thing for meaningful names. It's only been one episode, and she's already caused all this discord...
A reference to the Goddess of Discordia? I'M IN.
And I may be making GIFs once I watch the first ep. Any requests?
Old 2010-07-12, 16:50   Link #70
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Pretty much like Kanon, I first expected something akin to To-love-ru.
And boy, color me surprised, in a very good way.

Although I would have been fine without some exaggeration (Kio's inability to handle even sipping mere beer, etc), this series has a lot of potential under its sleeve, depending how they are handling the more "darker stuff".
And considering its presentation, the whole spy stuff is unlikely to be a mere sub-plot or light content.

Although Kio doesn't have much specific trait (generic if you want to call that), Eris was a pleasant surprise: I was really afraid of your typical oppai dojikko being totally oblivious to her situation. Much to my surprise, she is basically very reasonable, sharp regarding her situation and not a airhead (quite friendly, but due to her initial objective, that's natural).

For now, I'm quite curious about Eris and Momiji, and I hope they will keep going like this (so long they don't start recycling tiresome jokes about Eris' chest...), as this is probably the best surprise of the season in my books.
Old 2010-07-12, 17:15   Link #71
Ashaman

Gotta agree. I came in expecting something similar to To-LOVE-Ru and instead got explosions, assassins and spies.

I'm pleased with this development
Old 2010-07-12, 18:42   Link #72
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukansa monkey View Post
Hanging on the right looks like an M-4. The first upright piece on the left looks like a Colt 6920 or similar, based on the straight ammo clip and its grooves. To the right of that looks like an M-16. The wood stock to the right of that is classic AK-47. To the right of that (middle) seems to be another Colt... the straight clip again. And at the bottom is a SOCOM-package MK23. Which leaves the one at the upper right... can't help ya there. I'm not actually a gun person, just noodling around with Google Images.

Nothing exotic in the firearms really, just a bunch of pro-grade weapons drawn pretty well.
Hey thanks! Never though I would get such nice information......SOCOM must be one of my favorites in the guns after the desert eagle. I really started to like it since playing Metal Gear on PS. Too bad no FAMAS yet.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 18:52   Link #73
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ehh.......yea was def not expecting that, colour me surprised.

The word fate/destiny comes to mind with the people around the lad, I mean really what are the chances
Best friend is some sorta spy, hot teacher is some sorta fanatic terrorist spy and the familar acquaintance is some sorta deadly super spy

I just hope it doesn't come down to the "I'll protect you no matter what" thingy but somehow it seems like it might just crop his chessy head somewhere.

Animation is crisp and seems this and Naru Mago have got some of the best production values I've seen this season so far.
Quite like the ED, very nice conmsidering how parts of the ep went.

Is that Windows 7, I spied there, great way to get people intereted, it has a AI that talks to you

I really wonder how things will go with Aoi-chan, she's shaping up to be a contender for new Most Badass female character
Old 2010-07-12, 18:59   Link #74
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Well finally this comes around, was waiting for this series. With this, my season is complete. Boobies, pantsu, romance, and action, oh me oh my makes me wonder just what did I miss for the past 2 years (from looking around it seems like I didn't miss much)

When I first read the description, I said "in no way can this be a To-Love Ru clone, don't make me go through that again!" And I like what I saw. Kio's meeting with Eris was thankfully not too much of a cliche, which to me, with this kind of setting for this kind of series their meeting was a pretty good one (a ceremony gathering). Good thing it wasn't one of those "drop in your lap" kind of meetings, although I'm still with a big question mark as to why she ends up in his home after he passed out. It would seem like she's out for something, that maybe he has, as others have mentioned it's pretty obvious he's been under surveillance for some time now, so hopefully they'll cover this because her "apparently" granted sleeping rights at his house is too much of a coincidence (darn I hate that word) Or maybe it's because he is someone around her age who was friendly to her. Sounds about good enough to me (at least it's no random "Marry me!" thing that happened) if they wanted to break protocol she would have stayed at the Uncle's place

Man, I've been looking for something to theorize and speculate about, I haven't worked my brain [during my free time] for a couple weeks now This could be it, since the other series are just about easy going (except HOTD, which is pretty much just zombie gore and boobies )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Although Kio doesn't have much specific trait (generic if you want to call that), Eris was a pleasant surprise: I was really afraid of your typical oppai dojikko being totally oblivious to her situation. Much to my surprise, she is basically very reasonable, sharp regarding her situation and not a airhead (quite friendly, but due to her initial objective, that's natural).
You know, I keep asking around about just what exactly does a girl need to qualify for to be labeled as an "airhead". Lately I've been seeing people plaster that on girls who kind of like, just go "ara?" and everyone cries "airhead!". Several years ago (last time I was involved in anime), airhead = "oblivious to the obvious, especially ones own silly actions, and the lack of common sense thereof". I'm glad (so far) Eris isn't like that, and hopefully she'll continue this way come series end.

Quote:
For now, I'm quite curious about Eris and Momiji, and I hope they will keep going like this (so long they don't start recycling tiresome jokes about Eris' chest...), as this is probably the best surprise of the season in my books.
You know what I'm happy about? They only focused on her bare chest mainly 3 times: naturally one for Kio, then Manami, then Hitokasu. Afterwards they didn't really keep doing the zooming effect on her breasts so it came about as acceptable to all parties. Which is great, to me, as eyecandy her breasts will still be there, but it won't get in the way of other things [so far].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I just hope it doesn't come down to the "I'll protect you no matter what" thingy but somehow it seems like it might just crop his chessy head somewhere.
Ha ha, I just have this feeling that could happen, which could be from any of the girls, but history says Eris is the likely candidate

Quote:
I really wonder how things will go with Aoi-chan, she's shaping up to be a contender for new Most Badass female character
Heh, at least she can join the ranks of Most Badass not-so-well-endowed Female Character
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 19:43   Link #75
Edgewalker
Nani ?

This was surprisingly not terrible. I DL'ed last night expecting to have some lulz at badness only to find it may be in the top 5 this season, depending on whether or not the 3 episode curse is upon this.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 20:09   Link #76
Silverwyrm

The only way i can describe this episode is like this:

the alien has...4 ears. 2 human 2 cat >.> found that a bit odd

Aoi-chan wins.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 20:10   Link #77
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Hahaha, everyone seems to be mashing up everything that could ever appeal to the otaku culture now days... and I like it
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 23:58   Link #78
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A fascinating mix... Superficially derivative of To Love Ru and Sora no Otoshimono, but stylistically closer to Darker than Black, for me (Momiji very much reminded me of a contractor). I even had flashes of Mahormatic - Kio reminded me of Suguru and Eris of Mahoro.

Way too much revealed for a fist ep, really - what secrets could they have left? But it was interesting and pretty to look at. Very curious to see which of the many personalities of the series emerges as dominant. And it was refreshing that Eris rose above stereotype by actually being pretty smart.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 00:07   Link #79
karuroso

Like almost everyone i expected something like To Love-ru and and got spies, assassins etc =D
Looking forward for more epis =D
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 02:28   Link #80
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Yes, like everyone else I thought that was quite refreshing it, just moved up near the top of my watch list
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, sci-fi, shounen