AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-21, 20:22   Link #161
Terras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsnail View Post
George, Jessica, Battler and so on will disappear from the background. Afterall, a human cannot be in two places at once.

But for a witch... such a trick is child's play.
Aha.... I see what you mean.

Though, I'm still wondering if we'll get any secret characters.... Though I reckon we won't know until the game comes out.
Old 2010-11-21, 20:29   Link #162
AlexiaCarcera

Come to think of it... In the character page, why are the top coffins upside down, and the bottom ones right side up? And on the Story page, why is there a purple beato dress, (probably an alternate color), behind Beatrice? It seems out of place...

I think I'm over analyzing things rofl
Old 2010-11-21, 20:34   Link #163
Terras

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexiaCarcera View Post
Come to think of it... In the character page, why are the top coffins upside down, and the bottom ones right side up? And on the Story page, why is there a purple beato dress, (probably an alternate color), behind Beatrice? It seems out of place...

I think I'm over analyzing things rofl
If you really wanna over-analyze, why are there 6 coffins on top and 4 underneath? That leaves room for 2 extra coffins. If they didn't want to hint at bonus characters, all they had to have done was 5 coffins per row,..... but they didn't.
Old 2010-11-21, 20:37   Link #164
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I hope the game dons a good engine comparable to BB/Melty Blood.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2010-11-21, 20:39   Link #165
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Yes. In fact, the opening shows her summoning... seagulls, and her hat actually transforms into one of them.
Fun fact: some seagulls have a... cigar
Maybe she's not summoning seagulls, but actually transforming objects and people into seagulls. We know she turned her hat into one. The smoking seagull is probably Hideyoshi.
Old 2010-11-21, 20:45   Link #166
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
If you really wanna over-analyze, why are there 6 coffins on top and 4 underneath? That leaves room for 2 extra coffins. If they didn't want to hint at bonus characters, all they had to have done was 5 coffins per row,..... but they didn't.
Mooar over analyzing!

Why are they releasing chars in pairs?! and why is it, top Beatrice+Battler, then the chars next to both of them, then the lower left chars, then the other top chars, and then the lower bottom right chars?! And why is there a 2 day wait for the next chars?!

And at the top of the Characters screen, there are 4 (possibly 5) chairs and 2 stools!

lol.
Old 2010-11-21, 22:11   Link #167
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
The game appears to be done in a tag-team fashion; you choose two characters at the start and can switch between them. So maybe they're the teams available in story mode.
Old 2010-11-21, 22:39   Link #168
KoiYuki

Quote:
oops, missed some background chars

Spoiler for screenagain:
I saw that and figured it was Eva-Beatrice, since it has the staff, seems to have gloves, and.. she's in the game. oAo
Old 2010-11-21, 22:44   Link #169
Ronove

Apparently all the characters have their own portrait in the OP o: !
Old 2010-11-21, 23:32   Link #170
Mikachiru
test

Guys, look at the corpses in the background... ;~;

I spy Jessica, George, Maria, Rosa, Nanjo, and I think the last one is Kumasawa...

Why Jessica and George? Just... Why?

Quote:
Spoiler for screenagain:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
I saw that and figured it was Eva-Beatrice, since it has the staff, seems to have gloves, and.. she's in the game. oAo
If you ask me, it looks more like MARIA. Dunno, YMMV.

Last edited by Mikachiru; 2010-11-22 at 00:12.
Old 2010-11-22, 02:06   Link #171
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't know why people are expecting them to shove every character in, in addition to creating extra story modes for those characters it just makes balancing so much harder when the numbers expand. I'm sure they'll be multiple sequels to this anyway... kinda hard to sell a sequel without new characters.. I think SFII is the only game to be successful at doing that.. I think Hyper Fighting to Championship Edition had no extra characters.. or did it allow the Shadowloo bosses to be playable.. whatever, can't remember but the point stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
And I've actually played a fighting game where background characters are gone when someone is playing as them, so I know what I'm talking about.
The Airplane Africa stage from Street Fighter IV is a recent example, has Boxer in the airplane door but when someone is using him it turns into Claw. I think if you do Claw Vs Bocer on that stage it turns into Sagat?
Old 2010-11-22, 02:12   Link #172
Terras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't know why people are expecting them to shove every character in, in addition to creating extra story modes for those characters it just makes balancing so much harder when the numbers expand. I'm sure they'll be multiple sequels to this anyway... kinda hard to sell a sequel without new characters.. I think SFII is the only game to be successful at doing that.. I think Hyper Fighting to Championship Edition had no extra characters.. or did it allow the Shadowloo bosses to be playable.. whatever, can't remember but the point stands.

The Airplane Africa stage from Street Fighter IV is a recent example, has Boxer in the airplane door but when someone is using him it turns into Claw. I think if you do Claw Vs Bocer on that stage it turns into Sagat?
Every character? Heavens no. A fighting game series should never start with a bunch of characters. This way, it's easier to balance at the start. 10-12 is optimal.

I'm just hoping we get 1 or 2 unlockables, like MARIA and Gaap, since it would seem weird to have a fighting game that goes up to Ep4, yet have neither of them.
Old 2010-11-22, 03:33   Link #173
Westlo
Lets be reality

If anyone should be an Ep 2-4 unlockable it should be Musou Rosa.
Old 2010-11-22, 11:24   Link #174
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Gameplay video:

Notable points:
-As expected, the "change gauge" is required for the switch and it depends of the time.
-Each character has their own special gauge.
-Break Limit gauge is your usual "guard" gauge, except it is filling instead of depleting
-The gameplay requies a lot of switch between normal and metafield
-Shannon has a way too obvious chest animation for one of her CG
-Ronove's demon transformation (alucard style?)
-Ange's GERMAN SUPPLEX!

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-11-22 at 11:39.
Old 2010-11-22, 11:46   Link #175
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Noted that epic-looking Ronove demon transformation. Reminds me of some fan-art of demonified Ronove and Gaap... Also boob-bouncing noted.
I also wonder if Sakutaro is used as some kind of dummy shield to absorb hits.
Spoiler for EP6:

The character section has also opened a page for Ange and Lucifer. A thing I noticed in one of Ange's screenshots where she is fighting Beatrice that Beato has some kind of dark red ribbon with the eagle symbol behind her, which I haven't seen before in any art.
Old 2010-11-22, 11:54   Link #176
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Gameplay video:

Notable points:
-As expected, the "change gauge" is required for the switch and it depends of the time.
-Each character has their own special gauge.
-Break Limit gauge is your usual "guard" gauge, except it is filling instead of depleting
-The gameplay requies a lot of switch between normal and metafield
-Shannon has a way too obvious chest animation for one of her CG
-Ronove's demon transformation (alucard style?)
-Ange's GERMAN SUPPLEX!
Never mind, I updated my flashplayer thing.
Also:

Maria is holding the staff in her left hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
No one's expecting everyone to be playable. I just want a bit more human characters to show up, especially those who have actually fought the demons/witchs. Is that really too much to ask? :/

Last edited by Mikachiru; 2010-11-22 at 12:57.
Old 2010-11-22, 12:41   Link #177
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
No one's expecting everyone to be playable. I just want a bit more human characters to show up, especially those who have actually fought the demons/witchs. Is that really too much to ask? :/
If you think about it, there's probably someone who wants every character X to be playable. If the team wanted to satisfy everyone, they would have to include every character, which would probably have led to balance problems and repetitive characters, and who knows how much leeway they had in making and testing this game. So I don't see the point in complaining about some characters not being in it (though it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them included as secrets or the like). And we do have Shannon and Kanon from the human side, as well as Battler and Ange, arguably. That's four out of ten, in a game mainly focused on meta-battles.

And, of course, I seriously doubt that there will be no sequel to this game.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2010-11-22, 13:10   Link #178
Terras

That gameplay video was awesome.... a tad bit worried about Gaap and MARIA's inclusion now though.
Old 2010-11-22, 13:23   Link #179
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
And, of course, I seriously doubt that there will be no sequel to this game.

Yeah, especially onsidering it already sold out (jk).

talking about that, any idea of where/how we can buy it ? I was planning to buy ep08 but I would rather buy somethign that I can enjoy right away.
Old 2010-11-22, 13:31   Link #180
Terras

The website updated with Ange and Lucifer info.
Closed Thread