AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-07-16, 20:38   Link #4041
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuffy View Post
Ah then I wonder if they can help me with this, first I'll just say this. Hi! I'm new to the forums. ^^ (Just finished registering 10 min ago and everything in profile but sig just a second ago)

I was wondering if I can get links to all the volumes of the novel( pm or not ). I finished watching the anime a while ago(by that I mean 3 hours ago) and I was reading around the internet to find that the anime left out a lot of certain things. So I kind of want the actual and full content and REALLY want to know what happens after season 2( I know season 3 is out in fall but still T.T ) so um, yeah, thats my reason. Anyone can help? Please and thank you. ^^ I've read this thread for a couple pages and I was under the assumption that this thread has english translated versions of these novels, unless everyone here knows how to read japanese kanjis and the like.
If you want English translations, you'll have to go to Bakatsuki. Not much is done but at least there's some people actively translating it.

I use Chinese translations instead, and that's pretty up to date as far as I know.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 21:39   Link #4042
Yuffy

Location: In a magical world of Flame Haze, Tomogara, Mages, Gods, and Demons all together
Send a message via MSN to Yuffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
If you want English translations, you'll have to go to Bakatsuki. Not much is done but at least there's some people actively translating it.

I use Chinese translations instead, and that's pretty up to date as far as I know.
Ah, thank you. Wish I could understand chinese or japanese T.T but eh, this helps. Thanks! ^^
Yuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 21:42   Link #4043
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Ah then I wonder if they can help me with this, first I'll just say this. Hi! I'm new to the forums. ^^ (Just finished registering 10 min ago and everything in profile but sig just a second ago)

I was wondering if I can get links to all the volumes of the novel( pm or not ). I finished watching the anime a while ago(by that I mean 3 hours ago) and I was reading around the internet to find that the anime left out a lot of certain things. So I kind of want the actual and full content and REALLY want to know what happens after season 2( I know season 3 is out in fall but still T.T ) so um, yeah, thats my reason. Anyone can help? Please and thank you. ^^ I've read this thread for a couple pages and I was under the assumption that this thread has english translated versions of these novels, unless everyone here knows how to read japanese kanjis and the like.
Flere821 already clarified things here. But if you don't know Japanese or Chinese and hoping for English translations aside from summaries posted by other members. Then you will merely have to wait for Baka-Tsuki to translate things since they are finally back at work once again after finding a way to bypass the copyright that has plagued us for years by ViZ. ViZ only translated volumes 1-2 and they are quite poorly translated just to say. For Baka-Tsuki translations, you can go to this site link here

Season 2 left off on volume 16. So translations will never reach in time unless the translators for Baka-Tsuki are dedicated to the core, so season 3 and the fansubbers are probably the best bet you can get for now.
Old 2011-07-16, 21:50   Link #4044
Yuffy

Location: In a magical world of Flame Haze, Tomogara, Mages, Gods, and Demons all together
Send a message via MSN to Yuffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Flere821 already clarified things here. But if you don't know Japanese or Chinese and hoping for English translations aside from summaries posted by other members. Then you will merely have to wait for Baka-Tsuki to translate things since they are finally back at work once again after finding a way to bypass the copyright that has plagued us for years by ViZ. ViZ only translated volumes 1-2 and they are quite poorly translated just to say. For Baka-Tsuki translations, you can go to this site link here

Season 2 left off on volume 16. So translations will never reach in time unless the translators for Baka-Tsuki are dedicated to the core, so season 3 and the fansubbers is probably the best bet you can get for now.
Well if its ViZ, then I would understand, since they are quite...slow and many others things... Anyways thanks for the link and advice.
Yuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 21:58   Link #4045
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Well if its ViZ, then I would understand, since they are quite...slow and many others things... Anyways thanks for the link and advice.
Viz is dead...not slow.
Old 2011-07-16, 22:10   Link #4046
Amagetu

It gets on my nerves when a company wont translate something, but refuses to let anyone else to.

That aside, I am looking forward to reading the SnS Light novels once they get fully translated.
Amagetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 22:33   Link #4047
liquidblueocean

Does anyone have synopses for volumes 11-15? I've been searching this forum but haven't found much yet, except for plenty of info about other volumes.

From noticing the number of repeated requests for the synopsis of different volumes, a sticky-tag would be great too...
liquidblueocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 00:04   Link #4048
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
hello..i'm new in here...and i am the one of SnS's fans too( but i just watch the anime, the LN is not full translated yet) but i want to ask some question....
1. i am just wondering....how popular is SnS light novel series in Japan now?? i know Shana is overhelming popular since the first season anime was released.. but somehow i didn't hear the name pretty often now.

2. why is the english translated SnS pretty slow? well i know the translator has his own problem in the real world but SnS has more active translator than TAMNI in baka-tsuki...

3. when i try to check the forum and compare with other forum (for example To aru series) , it's has far less post than the TAMNI forum's post, is the forum going hiatus for a while??

4. what are vol in the light novel that already adapted to anime....???

sorry for my complaining, i am pretty new in here and still don't know to much about SnS series,,,,....i appreciate if you answer my question thank you..
julioalqae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 06:46   Link #4049
Kochiya
Lv.6 Railgun and violin

Send a message via MSN to Kochiya
The new Haruhi novel and the Summer season animes really preoccupied me these few weeks :x

@ Above:

1. It is still popular, with SnS popping up in quite a few Newtype polls, as far as I know of. Well the Astonishment of Suzumiya Haruhi dethroned everything when it was released, so...

2. The Chinese translators are, trust me, really active. They covered all the volumes so far as I know. The translations they did are pretty good too, if you are fluent in Chinese

3. It is at stand-still, both the novel and the would be Season 3 of the anime.

4. Everything up until around 14 (?), except for the volume with the Mathilde arc, can't remember which. Can't remember much about anything except the characters and plot, I read the latest volume a few months ago ><

Hope this helps.
Kochiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 07:20   Link #4050
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Do I really have to answer everything here...?

EDIT: Let me clarify this. We will get there, no matter how long it takes.

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2011-07-17 at 07:34.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 12:00   Link #4051
julioalqae
the pragma

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiya View Post
The new Haruhi novel and the Summer season animes really preoccupied me these few weeks :x

@ Above:

1. It is still popular, with SnS popping up in quite a few Newtype polls, as far as I know of. Well the Astonishment of Suzumiya Haruhi dethroned everything when it was released, so...

2. The Chinese translators are, trust me, really active. They covered all the volumes so far as I know. The translations they did are pretty good too, if you are fluent in Chinese

3. It is at stand-still, both the novel and the would be Season 3 of the anime.

4. Everything up until around 14 (?), except for the volume with the Mathilde arc, can't remember which. Can't remember much about anything except the characters and plot, I read the latest volume a few months ago ><

Hope this helps.
oh thanks for answering..well i like this series because of the season 1 but when i watch the second season ..i don't really get the idea because suddenly SnS was become to "slice of life" and a bit moeblob anime...so i don't get story enough.......but i think i will follow the final season... i hope jc staff doesnt ruin it....
julioalqae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 17:22   Link #4052
pancakes
*Author

Quote:

I AM Yashichiro Takahashi.

Last edited by pancakes; 2011-07-17 at 17:43.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 17:40   Link #4053
pancakes
*Author

Oh my god there's so many new users and questions.

Let me just say that a lot of you are questioning the ending. Saying that you hope it ends well, or that you hope " jc staff doesn't **** it up". I can tell you right now the novel will have an amazing ending. That's a fact. So do not worry. As to wether it will be "sad" or "happy". Honestly I think it will end well for the characters, if this was a build up break down story then it probably wouldn't be so complicated and long. Usually these kinds of factors lead to a "grandiose" ending were things turn out for the best. I don't see any melancholy ending really.

As for the anime....

I'm not quite sure. From personal experiance I'm pretty sure anime is altered in quite a different way. And I'm preeeeeeety sure it's usually for realistic purposes. So if JC staff wants to **** it up well then no one can stop them. But I doubt that. It's a good series, not something to take lightly (you'll take much better care of a $100 bill then a $1 bill right?). They'll probably lead it into the right direction. And besides, that teaser trailer explained that their going to follow the novel path anyway. They can't mess that up now.

I just had to bring that up.
Old 2011-07-17, 19:04   Link #4054
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I don't get any of the questions, if you guys can organize your ideas and decide what you want to know and what not, then I'll gladly answer.
Old 2011-07-17, 21:30   Link #4055
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
And besides, that teaser trailer explained that their going to follow the novel path anyway. They can't mess that up now.
What teaser trailer? Can you give a link please? (I'm almost certain that if I try to look I'd find something else not even close to the one we're talking about here)
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 21:41   Link #4056
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I think he means the last scene in Shakugan no Shana S episode 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kochiya View Post

@ Above:

Hope this helps.
For #1. When I first arrived in this forum and AnimeSuki, there was a report about Shakugan no Shana light novels selling for around 7.5 million copies. Reaching that mark in (I think its a 6 year mark now?) that time period seems pretty sufficient for popularity-wise. The teaser for season 3 shows the bridge scene from novel 16, while the anime overall ended at novel 14 where Yuji dissappears and goes evil, while rallying about the Bal Masque when Shana and Kazumi look for him. That's practically volume 14 there, volume 15 is a flashback volume of a flame haze we haven't met. I believe they plan to animate that volume although it still serves no major purpose for story overall.

The only problem I have so far, is that they never did animate the dreams that Yuji has when he chats with Snake about what's happening in the world and if it's truly right. Slowly talking Yuji into his goals about creating a new world where Tomogaras can live without the need to feast off humans for power of existance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidblueocean View Post
Does anyone have synopses for volumes 11-15? I've been searching this forum but haven't found much yet, except for plenty of info about other volumes.

From noticing the number of repeated requests for the synopsis of different volumes, a sticky-tag would be great too...
My paragraph above explains volume 14-15. While I'm not all that knowledgable about volume 11-13, since I only remember up to volume 9-10 before the skip to volume 14 since second season already covered most of the novels even though it was majorly anime original. Then again, it chopped out development of other flame hazes that will appear later in the volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
I don't get any of the questions, if you guys can organize your ideas and decide what you want to know and what not, then I'll gladly answer.
I believe they worded their questions quite accurately to what they wanted. What dont you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
Oh my god there's so many new users and questions.

Let me just say that a lot of you are questioning the ending. Saying that you hope it ends well, or that you hope " jc staff doesn't **** it up". I can tell you right now the novel will have an amazing ending. That's a fact. So do not worry. As to wether it will be "sad" or "happy". Honestly I think it will end well for the characters, if this was a build up break down story then it probably wouldn't be so complicated and long. Usually these kinds of factors lead to a "grandiose" ending were things turn out for the best. I don't see any melancholy ending really.

As for the anime....

I'm not quite sure. From personal experiance I'm pretty sure anime is altered in quite a different way. And I'm preeeeeeety sure it's usually for realistic purposes. So if JC staff wants to **** it up well then no one can stop them. But I doubt that. It's a good series, not something to take lightly (you'll take much better care of a $100 bill then a $1 bill right?). They'll probably lead it into the right direction. And besides, that teaser trailer explained that their going to follow the novel path anyway. They can't mess that up now.

I just had to bring that up.
Well not that many questions that I'm already used to. But there is quite the increase user-wise

Volume 22 is basically where the volume will end (Guess I was counting extras this whole time ), so when it releases before season 3 reaches its ending. Then it will be right there that J.C. Staff will have no excuse over not enough information from the volumes to finish it. So if they really want to tarnish their remaining reputation to dust and lose major profit then they can just go ahead and mess with season 3. Now if they want to rebuild their reputation, then Shakugan no Shana season 3, To Aru Majutsu no Index season 3, and a rehash of Zero no Tsukaima season 3 is their best bet to start.

J.C. Staff seems to have enough investment to pull through animation wise since they animated quite the decent amount of animes 2-3 seasons ago. Now if they didn't throw their money in a fire, then if they invest majorly into season 3 where all those Shana fans and potential Shana fans are waiting for. Then I have high hopes they will make a decent profit from it. So overall, I don't see any reason for J.C. Staff to just blow their own studio to the ground by screwing this up.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-07-17 at 22:39.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 01:38   Link #4057
julioalqae
the pragma

Talking

Quote:

Volume 22 is basically where the volume will end (Guess I was counting extras this whole time ), so when it releases before season 3 reaches its ending. Then it will be right there that J.C. Staff will have no excuse over not enough information from the volumes to finish it. So if they really want to tarnish their remaining reputation to dust and lose major profit then they can just go ahead and mess with season 3. Now if they want to rebuild their reputation, then Shakugan no Shana season 3, To Aru Majutsu no Index season 3, and a rehash of Zero no Tsukaima season 3 is their best bet to start.

J.C. Staff seems to have enough investment to pull through animation wise since they animated quite the decent amount of animes 2-3 seasons ago. Now if they didn't throw their money in a fire, then if they invest majorly into season 3 where all those Shana fans and potential Shana fans are waiting for. Then I have high hopes they will make a decent profit from it. So overall, I don't see any reason for J.C. Staff to just blow their own studio to the ground by screwing this up.
agree.....

those 3 anime are the most potential biggest profitable project...(well i doubt if it's zero no tsukaima)...for jc staff.... and SnS season 3 must be a good start followed by TAMNI season 3.......

and i want to see GARyuuji...
Old 2011-07-18, 15:06   Link #4058
pancakes
*Author

Quote:

For #1. When I first arrived in this forum and AnimeSuki, there was a report about Shakugan no Shana light novels selling for around 7.5 million copies. Reaching that mark in (I think its a 6 year mark now?) that time period seems pretty sufficient for popularity-wise. The teaser for season 3 shows the bridge scene from novel 16, while the anime overall ended at novel 14 where Yuji dissappears and goes evil, while rallying about the Bal Masque when Shana and Kazumi look for him. That's practically volume 14 there, volume 15 is a flashback volume of a flame haze we haven't met. I believe they plan to animate that volume although it still serves no major purpose for story overall.

The only problem I have so far, is that they never did animate the dreams that Yuji has when he chats with Snake about what's happening in the world and if it's truly right. Slowly talking Yuji into his goals about creating a new world where Tomogaras can live without the need to feast off humans for power of existance.

My paragraph above explains volume 14-15. While I'm not all that knowledgable about volume 11-13, since I only remember up to volume 9-10 before the skip to volume 14 since second season already covered most of the novels even though it was majorly anime original. Then again, it chopped out development of other flame hazes that will appear later in the volumes.

I believe they worded their questions quite accurately to what they wanted. What dont you get?

Well not that many questions that I'm already used to. But there is quite the increase user-wise

Yes that is the "teaser trailer" I'm talking about. The term,imo,comes from the gaming industry so it's a term I'm used to .

Well I agree mostly with what you're saying. But you must remember it's a business to them. Major companies could give a crap about their fans and a crap about their products. It's a about the $money$. I mean, if I was a corporate asshole and only cared about money, and not anime or games. Then I would screw the plot, and turn the story into an endless money making machine. (I've had this happen to many things I love) Remember quantity over quality! (sarcasm)

That's what i'm trying to say and partly what your saying. But the chances are unlikely. That's the cruel cruel world we live in.
Old 2011-07-18, 15:10   Link #4059
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by julioalqae View Post
agree.....

those 3 anime are the most potential biggest profitable project...(well i doubt if it's zero no tsukaima)...for jc staff.... and SnS season 3 must be a good start followed by TAMNI season 3.......

and i want to see GARyuuji...
Yes, after two seasons of seeing Yuji getting PHYSICALLY man handled by everyone from Hecate to that stupid baby rhinne from the first episode, I can safely say we ALL want to see him go god mode.
Old 2011-07-18, 15:49   Link #4060
pancakes
*Author

HAHA YUJI SO STUPID

Spoiler for what a pevert...:

Spoiler for wait, yuji has a futon?:

Spoiler for run:

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen