AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Ichimaru Gin?
Yes! 331 68.11%
No! 65 13.37%
Don't hate him, nor do I like him. I've issues. What now? 90 18.52%
Voters: 486. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-04, 02:09   Link #141
hollowfication
hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_who_cried_gnome View Post
hehe i can see that

ohoho hes not arrogant..... hes just too "polite" for his own good... and just a tad facetious to be honest, another huge reason why i lurve him is because of the talents of sir kouji Yusa because whenever i watch the dub i am just like "thats.... not... my... gin "

haha i wanna cosplay gin but would probably fail....completely i would be one of those people that other people would be like " ...oh gawd..."
Polite is an understatement!

I see it as him trying to ridacule the people beneath him, when he tries to act "polite" it always comes off as arrogance to the other person.

But one can only imagine if this is the way Gin wants to direct himself to others?

D;

Either way, i personally believe his sarcasm is just a form of passing off his somewhat "arrogant" self, into speach.

Just makes me admire him all the more though. ;D!
Old 2008-05-04, 13:28   Link #142
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Matsumoto as a teenager like appearance was super cute... I could see why Gin went for it, lol... But, I'm sure theres a lot of unfinished business between them... I feel that Matsumoto's alcohol issue derives from her trying to deal with her past with Gin. She's all smiles but once she sees Gin... she looks so sad, Gin is the same way, that fake smile quickly disappears and he opens his eyes, he's really OOC around Matsumoto, but I'm sure Kubo will resolve this by the time the series is over.
yes i agree completely, i also find it so ironic how matusmoto is portrayed as the most cheerful, beautiful, desired, and sexual woman of SS and it is heavily hinted that her heart belongs to gin, who is portrayed as pretty much the opposite of these things. Except for when he looked like he was going to rape rukia that one time LOL maybe it seems OOC to us, but in reality to his true character its the only true time that the deception that constantly masks his face has shattered.... gah i cannot wait until turn back the pendulum is over to see what their reunion of sorts is going to be like, or would kubo really be that cruel to deny all of this foreshadowing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowfication View Post
Polite is an understatement!

I see it as him trying to ridacule the people beneath him, when he tries to act "polite" it always comes off as arrogance to the other person.

But one can only imagine if this is the way Gin wants to direct himself to others?

D;

Either way, i personally believe his sarcasm is just a form of passing off his somewhat "arrogant" self, into speach.

Just makes me admire him all the more though. ;D!
hehe my opinion is that he is just trying to provide some entertainment for himself

and for some reason i just find that so adorable and cant stop from finding just as much entertainment from it as he does, aren't i such a nice soul? oh well, i get my kicks where i can
Old 2008-05-04, 14:09   Link #143
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

His fox like face is a mask, its symbolic, the face that he shows Matsumoto is indeed his true face.
Old 2008-05-05, 06:25   Link #144
CC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurai View Post
Gin, being able to take on hitsugaya in bankai form when he is in shikai. If aizen falls, gin may juz be the one to take over aizen. After all, much about him is unknown and..

Spoiler for manga:
Yea I agree with the first part and
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-05-05, 20:04   Link #145
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2 View Post
Yea I agree with the first part and
Spoiler for manga:
well my personal opinion is that he is going to betray aizen and come to the good side as well... i mean come on, episode 62 made my heart melt a little...

also, i think another huge factor with his personality could have been the harsh situations/environment of growing up in Rukongai... it would be interesting to see what district he lived in... if he did live in a higher ranking district he was probably so bitter that he entered the acadamy in an attempt to build his new found power to seek revenge on those that were more fortunate than him and rangiku... or it could just have been a power complex... so many years of being helpless you now have so much...
Old 2008-07-22, 20:34   Link #146
dizzy721

yes~ He's interesting
Old 2008-07-22, 20:57   Link #147
BleachAddict
Hitokiri

Yep. He's interesting. There is definitely more to him than that evil grin of his. i'm looking forward to see him kick butt in the next chapters. I even think that he'll be kicking Aizen's butt in the end - he's a prodigy after all.
Old 2008-07-22, 21:10   Link #148
twkiwilee

i used to dislike gin, but during these days; for some unknown reasons i started to grow fond of him. probably b/c i didn't pay much attention to him before. but now, when i rewatch bleach and i see how he reacts when he is around matusmoto, i fall for him :P

i like his bad-ass/evil yet gentle character. it makes him extremely hot like that. Plus he's a prodigy! extra bonus~

i do hope gin will betray aizen. he's possible. i'm gambling on that kubo made his face look like a fox for a reason: to trick. so i kind of agree with a belief tha gin may be an "undercover"~ sOo cooL!!

edit: not only he's awesome, but his younger self is ADORABLE!!

and afterthat, all i want to see is his reunion with matsumoto <3 :P

Last edited by twkiwilee; 2008-07-23 at 01:10.
Old 2008-07-22, 23:03   Link #149
twkiwilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrius View Post
I would have to sway to the side of "He wanted to take her with him"
...that is if the light doesn't kill her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iambankai View Post
Ahh, yea thanks for answering me ^^

hmm, well there is 3 options, of why he said that:

Spoiler for Future manga chapters (it might turn into one, but I don't know and not sure either):
really? so she might die if she had not let go?
then..
3. he might not end up choosing to go b/c if matsumoto wouldn't let go, he would have to push/or some way to get he out of the light that is if he cares for matsumoto. so his "too bad.." speech might means that you could have stopped me from going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
How can you not like Gin he is the one and the only reason Villiany is still Shexy in Bleach
AGREE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkMaster View Post
since no-one still posted this; here...

EYES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSerenade View Post
his eyes are red in the anime, but actually almost neon-green in the manga..........but at that time the color hadn't been released so they gave him blood red eyes...
really? does neon-green look good on him?
Old 2008-07-22, 23:27   Link #150
Langus
Optimus Prime

I think it looks better than the red, but that's just me hahahaha

I adore Gin. I've said this before in another thread but I think when he killed the third seat he didn't realize the implications of his actions. To him it was all a game. Look at his responses all throughout - "Oops! We got caught" He never takes it seriously and treats it as though they just lost a game of hide and go seek.

Plus, during the SS arc, he made no effort to protect Aizen when Ichigo made an appearance and he just sort of shrugged it off. I think it only became real to him when he got taken to HM and he realized that Matsumoto wasn't going with him. He looked genuinely sad to leave her behind and he's been rather melancholy since he arrived in HM.

If anyone is going to fuck Aizen over it'll be him because he'll grow tired of playing his game. That's my theory anyway. Though it's sad to know that because he's already a traitor he and Matsumoto can never be together again.
Old 2008-07-23, 02:30   Link #151
Kuroda

Scarey, Random, and powerful, so much so that it scares aizen even how could you hate a man that could re-turn on aizen!
Old 2008-07-23, 05:11   Link #152
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

I hardly think Aizen is concerned about Gin. Odds are Ringiku will be the one to kill Gin in a cruel twist of fate, then they will explain their relationship.
Old 2008-07-23, 05:50   Link #153
twkiwilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I think it looks better than the red, but that's just me hahahaha
really? Oo i want to see, do you remember where you have seen gin's green eye?

Quote:
Plus, during the SS arc, he made no effort to protect Aizen when Ichigo made an appearance and he just sort of shrugged it off. I think it only became real to him when he got taken to HM and he realized that Matsumoto wasn't going with him. He looked genuinely sad to leave her behind and he's been rather melancholy since he arrived in HM.
ahaha by your description, i pictured him in a very childish way like a innocent/playful little boy . so cute~

Quote:
If anyone is going to fuck Aizen over it'll be him because he'll grow tired of playing his game. That's my theory anyway. Though it's sad to know that because he's already a traitor he and Matsumoto can never be together again.
NOOOOOooo~ sigh i do hope a twist of fate happen again
Old 2008-09-09, 11:24   Link #154
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by twkiwilee View Post
really? Oo i want to see, do you remember where you have seen gin's green eye?
It was on the cover of a manga volume. The anime episode where he showed his eyes came out before this volume, hence the discrepancy.

Old 2008-09-09, 15:25   Link #155
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
It was on the cover of a manga volume. The anime episode where he showed his eyes came out before this volume, hence the discrepancy.

lol i was actually thinking of buying that volume but i didnt have enuff money to pay for an extra manga volume.
Old 2008-09-09, 15:30   Link #156
Casshern

Since he's not blind like Tousen, he has to keep his eyes closed all the time so he doesn't get hypnotised by Aizen.

Love Gin!
Old 2008-09-09, 16:31   Link #157
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Since he's not blind like Tousen, he has to keep his eyes closed all the time so he doesn't get hypnotised by Aizen.

Love Gin!
really i agree with you, i dont see any other logical reason of why gin keeps his eyes closed, i know it makes him look mysterious and that but its more likely that he is cautious of aizens power and he knows damn well to stay on guard everytime, so thats why to me he keeps his eyes closed. its funny how the only two people that are immune to aizen's shikai are with him (tousen and gin) hmmm.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:34   Link #158
Langus
Optimus Prime

I think it's forcive habit - he grew up in the desert. Blowing sand, scorching sun... You'd keep your eyes closed too.
Old 2008-09-10, 02:47   Link #159
Casshern

LOL well I'm pretty sure it's just the way he's designed. Like Brock from Pokemon or Mitsune from Love Hina, it's more related to the character concept rather than the story it's self. I'd be pretty surprised if Kubo ever gave a reason or a purpose to Gin's eye design.
Old 2008-09-10, 08:48   Link #160
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrokinetic View Post
really i agree with you, i dont see any other logical reason of why gin keeps his eyes closed, i know it makes him look mysterious and that but its more likely that he is cautious of aizens power and he knows damn well to stay on guard everytime, so thats why to me he keeps his eyes closed. its funny how the only two people that are immune to aizen's shikai are with him (tousen and gin) hmmm.
Gin's chracter was most likely designed after a Kistune .His personally traits match the Kistune .

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?i...nginsnoyw7.jpg