AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-12, 15:55   Link #3401
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Furuichi is really being creep-ichi this arc. So far he's gone mad on power that's borrowed from demons and has gone around beating the crap out of people for no reason, some of whom aren't even enemies with him.
Actually, not really.

He fought MK5 as a test, but everyone beats on them. And they made fun of him.

He took down the karate club because they were harassing people (and then asked them where they got the money. Dude was intending to return it to their proper owners)

Miki was another test, and even then Miki struck first. You could say they were both at fault.

After that it was Himekawa and Kanzaki, who had been making fun of him for quite awhile.

Toujo picked a fight with him when Furuichi had no intention to face him, and so has Oga.

At the core, he's had 3 reasons to fight. For respect, as a test of his new strength, and because the other person started it. They are better reasons than some of the other delinquents.

He might have gone a little mad with power, but he's not exactly gone off the deep end either. Still, he's had a couple of creepy moments too. Can't deny that.
Old 2012-09-12, 15:58   Link #3402
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Even if it's Jabber, I didn't expect Toujou to be taken down so easily. The gap between them is larger than I thought.

Furuichi is in big trouble. Oga needs to save him from himself.
I was under the impression demons are more powerful when they have a host... for instance Beel is not strong but he can grant a host alot of power.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 16:25   Link #3403
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
He might have gone a little mad with power,
Not to mention mad with brain eating toxin...

But I agree. The only one he picked a fight with for no reason was Oga. And it was more acting loopy than anything.

The others... He may have provoked them a bit, but they struck first. And his provocations aren't any worse than calling him Creepichi.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 16:27   Link #3404
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Actually, not really.

He took down the karate club because they were harassing people (and then asked them where they got the money. Dude was intending to return it to their proper owners)

Miki was another test, and even then Miki struck first. You could say they were both at fault.

After that it was Himekawa and Kanzaki, who had been making fun of him for quite awhile.

Toujo picked a fight with him when Furuichi had no intention to face him, and so has Oga.

At the core, he's had 3 reasons to fight. For respect, as a test of his new strength, and because the other person started it. They are better reasons than some of the other delinquents.

He might have gone a little mad with power, but he's not exactly gone off the deep end either. Still, he's had a couple of creepy moments too. Can't deny that.
I agree with you there.

But now, one clearly can see how much those drug-like tissues had made its toll on him already.

Btw, I don't see why he should say good bye forever to those tissues, maybe he can get some and use them just-in-case, one can be a badass and a comic relief in the same character.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 18:31   Link #3405
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Let's be honest here. He could have chosen not to retaliate but he did.

Quote:
Yes, made fun of him. Not beat him up even when they were stronger than him. And look what he does first? Beat them up when he's stronger than them by borrowing someone else's power.

Quote:

He's pretty much gone mad with power. This is why people think he's creep-ichi in the series. He thinks he's being cool but in reality, he's just being a bully.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 21:58   Link #3406
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Actually, not really.

let's be honest here, great power comes great responsibility, the way he uses the power is just him wanting to get back on all those people who ever made fun of him, and let's admit it, he gone completely power mad == Like I'm not saying what he's doing is completely wrong, but the way he handled it could have been better, but he's just a bit too power mad to notice
Old 2012-09-12, 22:40   Link #3407
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Right, like everyone else does in this manga. They beat the living shit out of you regardless of how strong you are. Oga wanted to beat up his so called best friend after Furuchi slapped him. Why the hell should he not retaliate?

Bullshit. They WANTED to beat him up that's why they called him out. They even asked him why he is talking to them as if they were friends in the beginning i.e. they do not see him as a friend. Calling him a mob and themselves his superiors. They would not pull this shit if it were Oga or Toujo. Both knew he is weaker than them. And they were the ones who attacked him first.

And lol at the borrowing someone else power. As if Oga or Himekawa are beating all of their enemies with their own powers, please.

Furuchi is acting like an arrogant asshole and pretty much lost control. But everyone he beat up deserved it or saw it coming.
The part where Himekawa and Kanzaki wanted to beat him up was provoked by Furuichi. He was confident he can beat him with the power of the tissues, when he lost it at that moment he immediately freaked out. Unlike Furuichi who essentially borrowed 100% percent of power to defeat someone, Oga didn't have to resort to use Baby Beel power many times. Those who borrowed powers so far and use them are Oga, Aoi, and Saotome. All three were originally powerful to begin with and seldom borrowed power. Oga unlike Furuchi does not seek out people to fight, they usually come to him. Like during chapter 36, Oga choose not to use Baby Beel's power to defeat Toujo where unlike Furuichi where he loses the tissues he immediately freaks out to try and use the power again.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 23:08   Link #3408
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I'd be willing to bet that even the author didn't expect people to read this much into it.... Creepyichi is being Creepyichi .... in the end just like with the money he will just lose everything and go back to being the side kick... and everyone will laugh again...
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 01:33   Link #3409
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Oga needs those tissues to wipe his ass, better give it.
Old 2012-09-13, 05:10   Link #3410
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Right, like everyone else does in this manga. They beat the living shit out of you regardless of how strong you are. Oga wanted to beat up his so called best friend after Furuchi slapped him. Why the hell should he not retaliate?
Everyone beats the shit out of others with their own power and they don't act high and mighty cause they're borrowing demonic power. Oga wanted to beat up Furuichi cause Furuichi slapped him for no reason. Dude, if someone slapped you, what would you do.

Quote:
Bullshit. They WANTED to beat him up that's why they called him out. They even asked him why he is talking to them as if they were friends in the beginning i.e. they do not see him as a friend. Calling him a mob and themselves his superiors. They would not pull this shit if it were Oga or Toujo. Both knew he is weaker than them. And they were the ones who attacked him first.
Someone already mentioned it but he basically provoked him into attacking them. You do not go and insult people unless you want them to take it up with you. Some people will let insults slide, some won't. Furuichi did what he did knowing full well that they would call him out on it and he could own them with his borrowed demonic power. To me, that's a creep.

And what I mean by them not bullying him before that. You notice how even though they're stronger than Furuichi, they never beat him up just for kicks to show how strong they are; unlike what he's doing now.

Quote:
And lol at the borrowing someone else power. As if Oga or Himekawa are beating all of their enemies with their own powers, please.
Oga has beat up pretty much everyone non-demonic with his own power. Furuichi is borrowing a demons power to beat up everyone; including ordinary humans.

Quote:
Furuchi is acting like an arrogant asshole and pretty much lost control. But everyone he beat up deserved it or saw it coming.
Furuichi himself deserves the biggest beatdown

Old 2012-09-13, 05:14   Link #3411
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
And of course he freaked out. He is weak and he knows that. That's why he is abusing this power as much as he can. Who would not? He is a normal average joe so he will abuse it 100%. Problem is that he went mad and acts too arrogant.
No, the problem is abusing it period. -_- He should go star in some lim dal yong manga and not be in this manga

Old 2012-09-13, 05:31   Link #3412
Blaat

I find it amusing that in a manga in which everyone is abusing their power, indeed the hierarchy of the character relation is based on how strong they are, but it's the weakest character, who managed to get temporarily power up, who gets the flack for it.

Last edited by Blaat; 2012-09-13 at 09:47.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 06:36   Link #3413
Ashaman

Quote:
Let's be honest here. He could have chosen not to retaliate but he did.
I'm not sure who you're talking about here, Miki or Furuichi. Because it applies to both.

Quote:
Oga wanted to beat up Furuichi cause Furuichi slapped him for no reason. Dude, if someone slapped you, what would you do.
That really was a misunderstanding though; Furuichi really did think there was a bug. Oga, being Oga, over-reacted, which made Furuichi instinctually defend himself.

Quote:
Someone already mentioned it but he basically provoked him into attacking them. You do not go and insult people unless you want them to take it up with you. Some people will let insults slide, some won't. Furuichi did what he did knowing full well that they would call him out on it and he could own them with his borrowed demonic power. To me, that's a creep.
Actually, he didn't insult Kanzaki or Himekawa.

Their conversation was literally:

Quote:
F: Yo Kanzaki, Himekawa, treating your families well?

K: Ah?

H: Why are you talking to us like we're your friends or something?

F: So what happened with your fiancee, Little Hime (Hime-chan?)

H: Furuichi, step outside.

K: If you want to apologize, this is your last chance.

H: Looks like you've forgotten how to talk to your superiors, you damn mob.
I mean, he sort insulted Himekawa, and talked down to them a bit, but that they decided to beat on him for that?

And its not as though Himekawa asked for the whole fiancee thing to be kept quiet either.

The full extent of Furuichi's provocation was basically acting a bit snobby towards them. Their immediate reaction was to call him out to put him in his proper place.

Quote:
And what I mean by them not bullying him before that. You notice how even though they're stronger than Furuichi, they never beat him up just for kicks to show how strong they are; unlike what he's doing now.
Bullying comes in many forms, and that they constantly insult him is one of those forms.

But you're right, they've never attacked him, probably because 1) Everyone knows he's below them, so they have no reason to fight him. and 2) they're probably afraid that Oga would kick the crap out of them if they did attack him for no reason.

And look, as soon as 1) is broken, they snap and try to double team him

Basically, they are doing exactly what you said they never do. Beating him up to show him how strong they are, and how weak he is.

Furuichi is doing this becasue he's tired of the insults and knows that guys like them respect only strength.

Quote:
Furuichi is borrowing a demons power to beat up everyone; including ordinary humans.
Correction. Furuichi is using his power to beat up people who attack him, and who have bullied him for weeks/months now. The fact that he provoked them is superfluous to the fact that, in every single encounter (bar maybe the MK5+1 one) he is not the instagator of physical violence.

And I can't stress this enough; Furuichi is acting a bit snobby, and its caused no less than 3 people to attack him!

I'm not going to deny he's being cocky, or that he's gone a little mad with power and is abusing it, but so far I don't think he's really done anything wrong. Anyone he's beat up deserves it to some degree.
Old 2012-09-13, 12:39   Link #3414
Excorsism

All of the flak Furuichi is receiving is pretty funny. Do you guys hate his character that much? Him and Lamia are one of the main reasons why I read this manga. God forbid a comedic relief gets his time to shine over the people who treat him like dirt for like 98% of the manga.

It's inevitable Oga is going to beat him down though, which is the sad part.
Old 2012-09-13, 13:11   Link #3415
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Furuchi isn't really hated, but abusing power is another thing. Furuchi wasn't bullied, insults and bad names given to him yes, but he wasn't really bullied. A lot of times when other characters beat him up were warranted. The fact remains yes he was called names and insults, but was it really like bullying no. Acting conceited and beating people up just for the heck of it isn't.
Old 2012-09-13, 13:37   Link #3416
Ashaman

Quote:
The fact remains yes he was called names and insults, but was it really like bullying no.
No, that's bullying.

When people start using an insult as your name, and call you a pedo at every opportunity, that's bullying. I'm honestly surprised that this needs to be said.

Quote:
Acting conceited and beating people up just for the heck of it isn't.
See what I said above. Sure, he's acting like a prick, but he's yet to throw the first punch. And he does have a reason for this, which is earn their respect so that they'll stop picking on him.
Old 2012-09-13, 13:47   Link #3417
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
No, that's bullying.

When people start using an insult as your name, and call you a pedo at every opportunity, that's bullying. I'm honestly surprised that this needs to be said.

See what I said above. Sure, he's acting like a prick, but he's yet to throw the first punch. And he does have a reason for this, which is earn their respect so that they'll stop picking on him.
I've seen bullying first hand, compared to Furuichi I would say at a scale of 1 to 10 on bullying its a 2. Despite being called names or pedophile, he wasn't alienated by all the characters. Despite other characters view of him, they still hang out everyday. They didn't seek out to insult him to make his life a living hell, when one is bullied they feel like their life is horrible.

The thing about first punches don't make sense to me physically, when you provoke someone that to me is already a first punch. Since you started the conflict, doesn't matter if you haven't physically harm someone, because you started it. Childish as it may its the truth.

As for beating people up, he is shown to do it to show his power and attempts to reign over everyone. As a moral choice, you would choose to use your new found power for good or something benefiting in the long run. Not make enemies.
Old 2012-09-13, 15:18   Link #3418
Miraluka
Banned

What about his dignity?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:18   Link #3419
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
He might have gone a little mad with power.
Going mad without power is boring
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:48   Link #3420
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What about his dignity?
There is no doubt he lost a lot of it, but is abusing power the best way to get it back? There are other ways to do so, he is weak physically but is shown to be one of the smartest characters. He should use his intelligence for good use.

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence