AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2016-07-04, 07:32   Link #61
RDNexus

I guess it was before they transitioned to the current "movie-style" kind of animation quality.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 07:50   Link #62
charles883

Come think of it, if Velvet does indeed appear in Zestiria, this going to be first Tales series has 2 different main hero from different series
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 07:56   Link #63
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I have no idea what I just watched, but it was one hell of a visual feast. This is some of the best use of CGI and some of the best CGI I've seen in a TV anime period. That storm at the end was terrifying. And the backgrounds were pure eye candy too. Definitely going to keep watching this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The death of that really young girl though... Yeah, that was cheesy.
Yep, they definitely overdid the ham with that one.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 08:13   Link #64
Sacredus

I will wait to end of season to watch this... because reasons we can't talk about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
For the record, Ufotable did Symphonia, which wasn't exactly stellar by any means.
Btw, Symphonia anime was any good? I still haven't watched it :/
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 09:58   Link #65
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

This was good. The scriptwriting was all over the place, but if it did anything was keeping you engaged while introducing the fact that this is a world with a crisis looming over it. As a person who loved the game I'm looking forward to future episodes.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 10:02   Link #66
charles883

Quote:
This was good. The scriptwriting was all over the place, but if it did anything was keeping you engaged while introducing the fact that this is a world with a crisis looming over it. As a person who loved the game I'm looking forward to future episodes
Are you fine if Studio going to change plot to improve it like having Velvet in the story?
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 10:03   Link #67
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm ok with either a straight up adaptation or a retake on the story as long as it's well done.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 10:36   Link #68
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I guess it was before they transitioned to the current "movie-style" kind of animation quality.
Animation quality has nothing to do with a narrative of a show being good or bad, though.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 10:36   Link #69
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
Are you fine if Studio going to change plot to improve it like having Velvet in the story?
The plot is already slightly different. Alisha didn't meet a dragon until much later on. It's not a big deal.

They don't have to change the story to incorporate Velvet into it. I don't want to talk too much about the game though. I have heard that it was going Anime original. It will most likely keep "key-events" and add more.

ToZ's ending was quite open. If Velvet meets with the party or some of them later on, it isn't changing much, as we're into post-game territory.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 10:41   Link #70
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
This is some of the best use of CGI and some of the best CGI I've seen in a TV anime period. That storm at the end was terrifying. And the backgrounds were pure eye candy too.
Agreed. It really was like watching a well-made animated movie. The storm scene was highly captivating. I particularly liked the moment where you have a view almost like a side-scrolling video game, and you see this humongous panoramic storm in the background of the Princess riding on her steed.
Old 2016-07-04, 12:02   Link #71
GDB

Really enjoyed this episode. The expanded focus on Alisha was nice, as was the world building. That jackal guy whose name I never remember because he was nothing more than annoyance in the game already feels more fleshed out than he was in said game. Overall, felt like a good set up for those who were cautious about this due to having played the game.

Though three things did annoy me a little. First, Clemm threw up such an obvious and cliche death flag when she turned around and spouted about how the book Alisha gave her was her prized possession. There was no contextual reason for her to do so, and felt pretty jarring. All it made me think was "Your ass is so dead before this episode is over." Second, it spent too much time making me wonder where it fit in the story and made it more difficult to immerse myself. Third, as others have said, that little girl's death was quite possibly the cheesiest thing I've seen in anime in years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
I will wait to end of season to watch this... because reasons we can't talk about.

Btw, Symphonia anime was any good? I still haven't watched it :/
It's three parts. The first part is super ridiculously rushed and probably needed to be twice as long as it skips large chunks of story to move things along. The second and third parts are pretty well paced and done well, so if you can get past the first part you're fine.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 12:05   Link #72
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Third, as others have said, that little girl's death was quite possibly the cheesiest thing I've seen in anime in years.
Been seeing this comment all over the place. No one remembers the little kid in the Qliphoth after Akzerieuth? =0(

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 12:11   Link #73
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Been seeing this comment all over the place. No one remembers the little kid in the Qliphoth after Akzerieuth? =0(
Nope, don't remember said kid at all. Though even if it's cheesier, that would've been back in 2008 so this is still the cheesiest in years.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 12:17   Link #74
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't know. That scene brought some people to tears. Not me, but Tales series does do those sorts of things.
Old 2016-07-04, 12:25   Link #75
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

This is a very minor spoiler from the game but I don't think anyone's going to be hurt by seeing this. I'll hide it regardless, but feel free to check it.

Spoiler for Kids:

Edit:

I wanted to clarify some things. Depending on which site you watched it, some things may have been named differently:

In some translation, they said...
"Ley Lines"
"Book of Seraphic Remains"

The in-game term is...
"Earthpulse"
"Celestial Record"

It's not a big deal.
Old 2016-07-04, 18:09   Link #76
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The animation was awesome but I failed to digest a lot of information (Well, I had to replay Abyss to understand its story.)

So basically that black mist is going to kill mankind?

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2016-07-04 at 18:21.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 20:29   Link #77
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Jesus someone raised the Royal treasury. How big of a budget did they get. Prolog was a fine set up and given that I have been in a dry spell for months would animes since Iv hated almost everything that has been released this held my attention quite nicely. Will be sticking with it for a while
Old 2016-07-04, 21:31   Link #78
Kazu-kun

Gotta wonder why they're putting so much money on this. It wasn't even their most successful Tales game (that's Xillia with half a million copies sold in the first week if I remember correctly).

Another thing that seems odd is releasing a PS4 version of Zestiria this month when Berseria is getting released in August. The two releases so close to each other could strain the fans' wallet, impacting negatively on sales overall.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-07-04 at 23:33.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 22:34   Link #79
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

While it is understood that Berseria and Zestiria are connected, what's the point of putting Berseria's MC here in the OP/ED thing?

OTOH goddamn they personally should have put all this money on the actual production of Zestiria itself, so that I didn't end up having to play (and never actually finish!) that technical mess of a game.

If there's one ting we can all probably agree on, they're apparently really intent on breaking Alicia even this early into the storyline.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 22:43   Link #80
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Minor spoiler explanation as why Velvet being in this Anime isn't totally nonsensical

#1 Well, ToB isn't out so we don't know how it ends.
Spoiler for Minor in-game info. Not a big spoiler, but still hidding it nonetheless: