AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-18, 01:50   Link #981
freakonboard

The scanlation of volume 2 of Haruhi-chan is also out.
Old 2009-09-18, 02:49   Link #982
M.Marangio

Kadokawa is also releasing a fanbook "Suzumiya Haruhi-chan & Churuya-san no koushiki". Release date is September 26.

http://haruhi.tv/haruchuru/goods.html
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/comic/bk_d...d=200908000005
Old 2009-09-19, 07:04   Link #983
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
kool looks like the eng translation of chapter 3 of Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu is out.
Am I the only one that thinks that, thus far, Nagato Yuki-chan is probably the most boring, limp little thing anyone could have possibly done with this series? Maybe it's just that I'm not really a Nagato fan (sorry), but it just seems incredibly generic to me and doesn't really capture any of the uniqueness of the original. I'm hoping that it will eventually pick up...
Old 2009-09-19, 07:10   Link #984
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It's only 3 chapters. Sometimes, a good story takes a couple of tankubons to appear.
Old 2009-09-19, 07:36   Link #985
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're right. I want to like it, since Puyo has a nice art style and can clearly do some great things with the characters and concepts (I find Haruhi-chan to be full of energy and fun, even if it's a little too centered on Nagato and fanservice in general, but what Haruhi merchandise in general isn't?). Nagato Yuki-chan just seems to be starting off pretty slow and with a little too much "formulaic harem manga" feeling. Hopefully that's just to lull the readers into a sense of complacency before pulling off a nice twist and kicking up the pacing.

Last edited by worldruined; 2009-09-19 at 11:41.
Old 2009-09-19, 16:46   Link #986
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't put it past the writer to be setting this up as that Haruhi-chan harem VN he penned earlier in the series.
Old 2009-09-19, 17:18   Link #987
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldruined View Post
Nagato Yuki-chan just seems to be starting off pretty slow and with a little too much "formulaic harem manga" feeling.
Um... what? The closest this comes to the harem formula is "one guy, a lot of girls," and that's because Nagato never interacts with any guys other than Kyon and Koizumi(who is in another school), and this is her story.

I suppose you could argue that there's relationship stuff going on, but outside Yuki/Kyon, it's either being manufactured by someone else(Mikuru), to motivate another girl(Asakura), or non-existent(Tsuruya).
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-19, 23:59   Link #988
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Am I the only one that thinks that, thus far, Nagato Yuki-chan is probably the most boring, limp little thing anyone could have possibly done with this series? Maybe it's just that I'm not really a Nagato fan (sorry), but it just seems incredibly generic to me and doesn't really capture any of the uniqueness of the original. I'm hoping that it will eventually pick up...
Quote:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're right. I want to like it, since Puyo has a nice art style and can clearly do some great things with the characters and concepts (I find Haruhi-chan to be full of energy and fun, even if it's a little too centered on Nagato and fanservice in general, but what Haruhi merchandise in general isn't?). Nagato Yuki-chan just seems to be starting off pretty slow and with a little too much "formulaic harem manga" feeling. Hopefully that's just to lull the readers into a sense of complacency before pulling off a nice twist and kicking up the pacing.
I have to agree with you, so far. It seens to be reallly boring for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
It's only 3 chapters. Sometimes, a good story takes a couple of tankubons to appear.
Agree. However, Nagato-chan suffer from a problem with the side of the chapter and it periodicity. 19 pages is just too few for a mothly manga. Really. It is 3 mouths already and nothing happened yet. If it was weekly, we would have 12 chapters now.
Old 2009-09-20, 04:18   Link #989
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I have to agree with you, so far. It seens to be reallly boring for now.

Agree. However, Nagato-chan suffer from a problem with the side of the chapter and it periodicity. 19 pages is just too few for a mothly manga. Really. It is 3 mouths already and nothing happened yet. If it was weekly, we would have 12 chapters now.
Well, I don't know what Puyo is working with. But, I doubt (s)he has the manpower needed for Yuki-chan to be a weekly. If my memory serves, (s)he is still doing Haruhi-chan.
Old 2009-09-20, 07:15   Link #990
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, I don't know what Puyo is working with. But, I doubt (s)he has the manpower needed for Yuki-chan to be a weekly. If my memory serves, (s)he is still doing Haruhi-chan.
I see. Still, then it should have more pages. I don't know any other monthly manga ith so few pages. Every other I know has, at last, 25 pages. Usually more then 30.
Old 2009-09-20, 08:03   Link #991
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Um... what? The closest this comes to the harem formula is "one guy, a lot of girls," and that's because Nagato never interacts with any guys other than Kyon and Koizumi(who is in another school), and this is her story.

I suppose you could argue that there's relationship stuff going on, but outside Yuki/Kyon, it's either being manufactured by someone else(Mikuru), to motivate another girl(Asakura), or non-existent(Tsuruya).
Maybe "cookie-cutter slice-of-life romantic comedy" would be better? I usually don't read/watch much of either genre, so my viewpoint is probably a little skewed.

Anyway... I still have hope for the series, I really do. I wouldn't bother reading it otherwise. It's just that for me, the opening chapters really drag. If it weren't for the Haruhi character names and designs, I couldn't see this standing out in any particular way from the rest of the stuff out there.
Old 2009-10-07, 23:23   Link #992
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Chapter four out and...

...Just as much of a snooze-fest as the previous chapters. Boo.
Old 2009-10-08, 11:14   Link #993
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Aw! Nagato is really sweet in this. She's out of character which is a perfect setting on the spin off.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:23   Link #994
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Finally got to read it, and one thing in particular stands out: Monday, December 22nd.

There are two things this proves.

1: So far, the only years since the turn of the century that have had that date are 2003 and 2008, with the next being in 2014. As I doubt the series takes place in the future, it's one of the other two.

2: With chapter 4 being placed on December 22nd, the previous three chapters occured during the same time period as the other Disappearance. Given the fact that Kyon has already been a member of the Lit. Club for a week, this means he's completely unaware of the other world, if there even is one in this story. At the very least, he's missed the deadline.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:33   Link #995
Heatth

1- You forget the original novel was never consistent about the date and the days of the week. It is very probable Puyo just didn't think to much about it.

2-I agree.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:34   Link #996
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I was referring to this particular series with the first.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:41   Link #997
Heatth

That is why I made the last phrase. I think Puyo probably just didn't bothered with it and used the most convenient date.
Old 2009-10-14, 01:42   Link #998
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Hah, 2003. What have I been saying?
Old 2009-10-14, 01:47   Link #999
Heatth

You know you can find reasons to be at any year between 2002 and 2014 right?
Old 2009-10-14, 01:49   Link #1000
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Why not 2000 or 2001? About the only thing you can't do is say it takes place before 2000, as that pesky mention of 1999 in the past tense prevents it.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, shounen