AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-22, 06:31   Link #17561
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Just thought of this: If Kakine can now make his body anew with Dark Matter as he wishes, then can he 'shapeshift' by making his body take the likeness of someone, like, let's say... Accelerator?
Ever seen Fulmetal Alchemist? Kakine is going to be one big mess of white.
Old 2012-03-22, 06:50   Link #17562
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Never mentioned that he died.
Yuiitsu wrote him off as a loss. I'm pretty sure that makes him dead. Besides, he's not Junior and is a wanna-be Junior

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-03-22, 07:27   Link #17563
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Besides, he's not Junior and is a wanna-be Junior
But that's what I've been trying to tell you... >.>

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-22 at 07:45.
Old 2012-03-22, 07:55   Link #17564
Ashaman

Ignore Kyon... The Crack has melted his brain.
Old 2012-03-22, 08:26   Link #17565
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

And I'm going to crack with that 12 page afterword...
Old 2012-03-22, 08:29   Link #17566
tsunade666

with that we close in the door for NT 4 as a completely translated work. This volume just gives more questions than answers -_- and I hate it when Kamachi skip the battle with Fiamma, Ollerus vs Othinus. I know he wants to keep it a secret for now. The abilities of the top tier.... but a simple or single word of deadly spell invoke is enough for my craving. But we only get a barrage of unknown attacks then stop and talk.... then fight but skip I also wonder what happen to the other characters.
Old 2012-03-22, 09:07   Link #17567
whitecloud

i wonder if we ever see those other character in the future...about safee or oumi the probability is small...like the us president is probably just a 1 vol character...
but i hope to see maria more, she is a quite interesting character..i hope she can be of some use to touma somehow..(as a maid i guess)

my hope for the next volume...
-misaka POWER upgrade....come-on we got angel level enemy and majin with power that could demolish earth (earth seems pretty cheap nowadays) and what she got is only a RAILGUN and some derivation of electric based power...give her wings

-how about kakine as enemy that be great...

-index?shes been absent for about several volume...

-how about misaki? from railgun manga she's seems to be in pretty deep in the dark side as well..
Old 2012-03-22, 09:07   Link #17568
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I'd imagine Aleister says something like...... 50:50 is possible because Majin encompass all possibility, but the possibility of me getting beaten does not exist in the first place, and you could not have encompass something that does not exist. Thus, your minor probability trick is useless before me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maybe because Crowley exist in a realm where numbers doesnt apply to him, neither would probability? Beside maybe you can defeat Crowley, but can u defeat ALL of him?

My guess though, Crowley would probably say-

"There's a reason why I didn't become a Maijin...."
But thats because his illusions were destroyed before.

Maybe, on that time, Aleister was a majin already but his plans crumbled down when he had to face certain illusion killer, the previous holder of the IB, and thus added the user onto his plans when he started his studies on science. All because Aleiser is a person that grieves when falls on the floor...

Now that translation are over (orz)...

Whar are your thoughts and ratings about this volume?
Old 2012-03-22, 09:10   Link #17569
whx_epic

Dont know if someone has brought this out before,
Does Kihara sounds a lot like Zerozaki from Zaregoto?
Kihara: a family full of dark scientist, some are not related by blood, but by occupation.
Zerozaki: family full of killers, related not by blood but by thirst for killing.
Old 2012-03-22, 09:10   Link #17570
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I'd imagine Aleister says something like...... 50:50 is possible because Majin encompass all possibility, but the possibility of me getting beaten does not exist in the first place, and you could not have encompass something that does not exist. Thus, your minor probability trick is useless before me.
Yet when Hamadzura and Levinia appear....

He retreats into his tube and craps his upside-down diapers

Quote:
Yuiitsu wrote him off as a loss. I'm pretty sure that makes him dead. Besides, he's not Junior and is a wanna-be Junior
Why so pessimistic? Nothing appeared to have killed Enshuu either...only Kagun and Byouri are confirmed dead....

Loss just means mission-kill I think...ceasing to be useful to Kihara. After all, 損失 usually means asset loss or detriment....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-03-22 at 09:37.
Old 2012-03-22, 09:17   Link #17571
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Spoiler for Crack Theory Which I've Kept for Someone to Give Me an Opening:
Ah, I thought of this theory, its crack but isn't imposible at all .

Btw, it seems some missing characters will appear next volume .
Old 2012-03-22, 09:22   Link #17572
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I just one-shot part 11-21, taking a break for tonight... Continuing tomorrow after work.

Just a couple of thoughts that I notice people didn't mention (if you had, then I apologise)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Marian repeatedly mentioned, she's not a fighter type... Then again, neither is Utgard-Loki and Sigyn... But if this is Gremlin's standard for 'not suited for combat', then what the fuck is the standard of their combat members made of ?!?! Then again, Marian seem to be solo-ing everything by herself up to this point with the other two nowhere in sight so maybe she's the exception...

Secondly, I'm impressed by all the creative use of what I can assume to be pseudo-science theories, techniques and technology that Kamachi used in this volume to make the non-esper characters of Academy City seem almost as supernatural as the Magicians. It's one thing to pull myths and legends, it's another thing all together to use science fiction, and to blend both effortlessly into one takes a ton of research and one heck of an imagination.

One particular scene I would love to see more is the fight between HsB-07s and Loki's Nets. Sure the Nets pwned 3 of their Hypersonic planes, but the last scene showed that they weren't invincible as a Laser took one of them out.

The almost mythical status of 'Kamijou Touma' that Kamachi presents in this volume is kinda amusing- from Kagun's advise to seek him out "If you want to live", to Maria's "I've heard about him" and even Enshuu using his thought patterns as a viable weapon against another Kihara. It's super interesting seeing it from the POV of other people instead of said person's own POV... I'm not sure how to describe it... But it's like he's a superhero if you know what I mean

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S - I took twenty minutes and a night that could be spent playing [Tales of Graces F] to type all of this out, so I would like some responses for my effort That means you Kyon, Wilf, Tsun, Cosmic, Ping, Sumeragi, Asha, ShM, Flere, Jud, Oka, Ends, Soul, Faiz, MrT, Atrum, Twi...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-03-22 at 09:36.
Old 2012-03-22, 09:33   Link #17573
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
P.S - I took twenty minutes and a night that could be spent playing [Tales of Graces F] to type all of this out, so I would like some responses for my effort That means you Kyon, Wilf, Tsun, Comic, Ping, Sumeragi, Asha, ShM, Flere, Jud, Oka, Ends, Soul, Faiz, MrT, Atrum, Twi...
We took 8 days to translate 468 pages worth of text.. Your argument is invalid.
Old 2012-03-22, 09:34   Link #17574
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
We took 8 days to type out 468 pages worth of text. Your argument is invalid.
Damnit... >.>
Old 2012-03-22, 09:35   Link #17575
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

He is even so from the viewer's perspective...it's like....he's here, now everyone, and I mean EVERYONE even the bad guys, are going to turn out ok....

it may be stupid elsewhere but the way Kamachi writes him it's somehow acceptable....

And if that bolded included my name you could have at least spelt it correctly in your effort to type that out...
Old 2012-03-22, 09:39   Link #17576
whitecloud

welll...marian said she is once is a combat type she just become a support type later on if i dont mistaken...
about touma...he is a superhero...it will not be long before accel become one too a dark hero that is..
Old 2012-03-22, 09:41   Link #17577
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
He is even so from the viewer's perspective...it's like....he's here, now everyone, and I mean EVERYONE even the bad guys, are going to turn out ok....

it may be stupid elsewhere but the way Kamachi writes him it's somehow acceptable....
He's been setting this up ever since Accelerator started hero-worshipping that unnamed Level Zero.

I know that Amakusa and other Necessarius members respect him, but that's because they know him personally and fought beside him. There's something amusing hearing it from people that never met or spoke to him but seem to hold him in some high enough regards like an urban legend

And of course there's that Dramatic Entrances that he's so fond off...

Quote:
And if that bolded included my name you could have at least spelt it correctly in your effort to type that out...
Fix'd.
Old 2012-03-22, 09:41   Link #17578
cleed

So Othinus objective of cutting off Touma's right arm was to make it grow a new more powerful one?
Old 2012-03-22, 09:42   Link #17579
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:

I wanted to comment on that, but decided to ignore it on seeing your name on the 'those online' list...

Anyway, just counted. We have a total of about 74,400 words and 202 pages worth of text...

This series became like Dáinsleif since the pope was introduced lol. Keep drawing the sword little by little, and by the end of the story, it'll be the end of the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
So Othinus objective of cutting of Toumas right arm was to make it grow a new more powerful one?
Othinus wanted to use it to eliminate that 50/50 drawback of her power to be able to do anything.

...Chaos, the name's still not edited...
Old 2012-03-22, 09:51   Link #17580
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
...Chaos, the name's still not edited...
Cosmic? I've already changed it... Are you sure you're not looking at your quote ?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen