Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-05, 09:49   Link #21
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie
There's a difference between live-action and anime series. Those things just don't work that well

LOL!!!

your telling me,

It's like "You're under Arrest!" live version.

Watching cute girls in unconvincing police uniform driving at 5mph down an unexciting car chase isn't the same as the anime.

Don't think I remember any good live action anime shows...no wait.

Sailor Moon.
Old 2006-05-05, 13:02   Link #22
howzitboy

i love the cutie honey live action lol.
Old 2006-05-05, 17:46   Link #23
sorvani

i like the You're Under Arrest drama. it was well made, and changed to fit it's medium as compared to the manga/anime. Would fast cars and the super high heel braking manuever been cool? yeah. but not on a drama budget.

Sailor Moon rocked after the actors got 10 episodes of experience under their belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzitboy
i love the cutie honey live action lol.
yeah it did.

as for Sh15uya. i haven't watched any of these new releases yet, just downloaded them.
Old 2006-05-06, 03:40   Link #24
Sakuya
*Artist

I skimmed through them. The fight scenes are pretty cool. I mean they actually do look like real fight scenes and they actually do "hit". Her battle suit thing and her sword thing is really cool. But the only thing is there's this dark tinge to the entire episode that it's kind of annoying. You can't really see anything bright and clear. I'm not sure if I should continue watching.
Old 2006-05-08, 00:59   Link #25
nobirth

Peace

Conan-san: I just wanted to do a little shout out/clarification. The actor playing peace has done a lot of stunt work in Japan on things like Kamen Riders and whatnot. He's from the US, but is half Japanese and speaks Japanese pretty fluently-- without the bad accent you see in the show. I'm assuming that one of the directors thought that a $hitty accent would somehow enhance the character...
Old 2006-05-12, 09:56   Link #26
Ryozu

Send a message via ICQ to Ryozu Send a message via AIM to Ryozu
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobirth
Conan-san: I just wanted to do a little shout out/clarification. The actor playing peace has done a lot of stunt work in Japan on things like Kamen Riders and whatnot. He's from the US, but is half Japanese and speaks Japanese pretty fluently-- without the bad accent you see in the show. I'm assuming that one of the directors thought that a $hitty accent would somehow enhance the character...
Seems to fit just fine to me. It's not like anything he says makes much sense to start with, why not give it a bad accent, just to make it more nonsensical.

So, does anyone know where/if the a translated version of the Manga is available. Also curious if the Live Action comes to any kind of closure at the end... I hate being left hanging.
Old 2006-05-15, 09:36   Link #27
oasis

Send a message via ICQ to oasis Send a message via MSN to oasis
on the ending:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-15, 21:56   Link #28
shuubaru
the shuubaru

Send a message via AIM to shuubaru
are there specials to this series?
Old 2006-05-16, 17:51   Link #29
sorvani

thanks for subbing this! it's on my list after i finish saiyuuki
Old 2006-05-16, 20:04   Link #30
Soulcatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
I skimmed through them. The fight scenes are pretty cool. I mean they actually do look like real fight scenes and they actually do "hit". Her battle suit thing and her sword thing is really cool. But the only thing is there's this dark tinge to the entire episode that it's kind of annoying. You can't really see anything bright and clear. I'm not sure if I should continue watching. :(
Heh, the fights dont look real since when they hit, nothing happens - they just stand up and continue to "hit". Looks like cheap asian action movie.

Plus characters act amazingly stupid. I watched it only cause 2 leading girls were cute :)
Old 2006-05-16, 20:31   Link #31
Soulcatcher

double post.
Old 2006-05-16, 22:08   Link #32
powerguns
nanase roxs

I agree tat the fight isn't at all impressive enough. When I was watching the 1st ep, I was a little confuse of the story line. Somehow I know saya yuki was playing the part as guy. But shouldn't they find a real guy acting as tsuyoshi? Beside she is a little shorter than those other girls. I always whenever I see them trying to hug tsuyoshi. As for the ending, i...
Spoiler:
dame I din read this manga too. Now after watching this live action, I'm thinking should I read the manga
Old 2006-06-13, 07:09   Link #33
daisukechan
BakaDaichan

Send a message via AIM to daisukechan Send a message via MSN to daisukechan Send a message via Yahoo to daisukechan
what were their real names again? i accidently deleted the episodes off my comp and dont feel like redownloading them just to know their names o.o please help
Old 2007-04-05, 01:14   Link #34
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I was checking out the torrent listings of Mecha Saiyuki I came across this show I was quite intrigued by the show checked up on links but to my avail found no proper synopsis just a screen shot the screen shot looked neat. So I though about watching this show

Really Dumb Q about the show : what’s this show about does it have too much drama in it I am not into too much drama the genre stated was Sci Fi so what’s this show about and would you say I should go for it ?