AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-10-06, 04:10   Link #781
King of the End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taekan View Post
I'll definitely buy the novel and read chapter 3, 4 and epilogue.
I just want to read how it ends. So I'm not interested in the last fight or whatever. This sure must be the same for almost everyone.
So I might drop some spoilers here after I do that.
Good luck, hope there's nothing in there that causes you to rage.
King of the End is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 10:18   Link #782
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taekan View Post
I'll definitely buy the novel and read chapter 3, 4 and epilogue.
I just want to read how it ends. So I'm not interested in the last fight or whatever. This sure must be the same for almost everyone.
So I might drop some spoilers here after I do that.
Yes....i just want to know what happend in chp 4 and epilogue...so gonna wait ur spoiler
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 13:32   Link #783
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

The thing I want to know the most is if Hayato picks Claire or Emilia, both, or if it was an open ending from a shipping angle.
Old 2018-10-06, 13:48   Link #784
Taekan
JP->EN Translator (Kinda)

I can't wait for the volume to be available.

and as @King of the End said, I hope there's nothing that can cause me to rage D:
I'm excited, nervous, scared, worried, etc, etc.

and I'm like @Kadmos1, wil our Perfect Queen stand a chance in the end?
Old 2018-10-07, 09:48   Link #785
LeftSeven
2D artist

wow. you won't give up, props to you, bro.
Old 2018-10-08, 09:33   Link #786
Honjo Masamune
The Fucking Master

The truth is that we already know how this will end,I've seen it so many times already....will win Emilia and I will spend another month cursing another author.Dammit.Go Claire,go!Fight!
Old 2018-10-08, 09:54   Link #787
RDNexus

If you guys followed a story for what it is instead of what you wanted it to be, you might end up not raging that much.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 10:57   Link #788
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
If you guys followed a story for what it is instead of what you wanted it to be, you might end up not raging that much.
The problem is that the story kinda lied to us about that. There were a number of scenes that looked like it was about to at least cement a 3p end with Claire before it was revealed the author was yanking our legs the whole time.

Besides, what else would we focus on in a story like this, the plot?
Old 2018-10-08, 12:01   Link #789
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
The problem is that the story kinda lied to us about that. There were a number of scenes that looked like it was about to at least cement a 3p end with Claire before it was revealed the author was yanking our legs the whole time.
Exactly, this is the whole point. If we hadn't just all this baiting then I would probably be only disappointed because of my personal preference and investment (imagining it happens), but if it ends the way most of us fear then it's cheating in the worst way possible since there is no justification for it.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 12:19   Link #790
RDNexus

At least shippings and such rank low in my list of priorities when following a story
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 15:01   Link #791
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
At least shippings and such rank low in my list of priorities when following a story
They aren't generally that important to me either, but nothing else about the show really interested me, so here we are.
Old 2018-10-08, 18:17   Link #792
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Of course Claire had times where she got the romantic focus. What else would you expect? If she didn’t then it would just be another Mirage in Macross Delta. Plenty of people complained about that. I guess there’s just no winning with people; times like these I can understand why xrick hates shipping so much.
Old 2018-10-08, 18:27   Link #793
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I guess there’s just no winning with people
If the implementation is garbage, then probably not .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-08, 19:58   Link #794
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Matter of opinion.

Clearly people complain if the girl they like gets focus but doesn’t win, and they complain if the girl doesn’t get focus and doesn’t win. There’s just no pleasing people.
Old 2018-10-08, 20:00   Link #795
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Of course Claire had times where she got the romantic focus. What else would you expect? If she didn’t then it would just be another Mirage in Macross Delta. Plenty of people complained about that. I guess there’s just no winning with people; times like these I can understand why xrick hates shipping so much.
Why are you assuming the people complaining now are the same people who complained about that?

I don't watch Macross, and I have no idea what the situation was, but the implication from your statement is that she was never built up as a romantic option at all? In that case, I would have preferred that here. If Claire was never going to be with Hayato, don't bother making that part of her character.

My major complaint personally is that given the tone of the early segments I expected the show to follow the path of many of its modern companions and just have Hayato get with them both. That didn't pan out, so I largely lost interest and now just pop in to see if something interesting happens with the plot.
Old 2018-10-08, 20:34   Link #796
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Why are you assuming that I’m assuming that? My point is that authors/writers/directors can never win because people are always complaining about something.

Nor did I assume you or anyone here watched Macross. My intent was clear; people complain when the author/writer/director does it one way, and people, same or different, still complain if they do it the other way. There’s no winning.
Old 2018-10-08, 20:37   Link #797
Taekan
JP->EN Translator (Kinda)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
In that case, I would have preferred that here. If Claire was never going to be with Hayato, don't bother making that part of her character.

My major complaint personally is that given the tone of the early segments I expected the show to follow the path of many of its modern companions and just have Hayato get with them both
THIS+9999

It was kind of miserable, since all their interactions felt like breadcrumbs.
If you are going to do something so poorly, then don't do it.

Don't make us ship for a character who's never going to have a chance. I guess that's why the author didn't do that with any of the other girls, but then why do they fall in love with Hayato? At least make them fall for Fritz or whatever.

What I hated the most was the development of Volume 12 - Chapter 4.
Yeah, it's your work. Yeah, you do what you want. But how can do you do it so poorly executed. That was a turn around for all the events that happened later in the series, involving why Hayato had sex with Emilia when EVERYONE WERE BETTING their lives fighting Serivia and her apostles and why Claire maybe just decided to step aside due to her loss against Emilia (what a crappy fight, the worst plot armor and reasons to win I've read in a long time).

But all these doubts will be cleared in two days. My hopes are really low so I'm already prepared for disappointment.
Old 2018-10-08, 20:45   Link #798
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I’ll just point out that for nearly 20 years now, and not just with anime and not just on the internet, I’ve watched people call “poor execution” just because the story didn’t go the way they want.
Old 2018-10-09, 00:22   Link #799
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Why are you assuming that I’m assuming that? My point is that authors/writers/directors can never win because people are always complaining about something.

Nor did I assume you or anyone here watched Macross. My intent was clear; people complain when the author/writer/director does it one way, and people, same or different, still complain if they do it the other way. There’s no winning.
You said there's no winning with people. If "winning" is making people happy, then the implication of your statement is that everyone will always be unhappy, since there is no "winning".

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and added an unwritten "with some people" since you obviously didn't mean everyone ever, but regardless your statement is either assuming that the people who are unhappy are naysayers who will never be pleased, or you were just commenting on the reality that you can't make everyone happy in a melodramatic fashion.

As for Macross, you asked about the show and said plenty of people hated that. With zero information as to what it was other than presumably different from this situation. For this to not be a non-sequitur the other party would have to have some idea of what Macross Delta is.

Quote:
I’ll just point out that for nearly 20 years now, and not just with anime and not just on the internet, I’ve watched people call “poor execution” just because the story didn’t go the way they want.
In this case it actually is the execution. A large number of the readers on this forum interpreted the story a certain way, only for it to turn out the author never meant it in such a way. The execution failed to properly represent the authors vision to the audience, hence the complaints.

If Claire hadn't had all those scenes suggesting she was a legitimate love interest rather than a false lead, and there were still complaints over the execution instead of just "what could have been", that would be sour grapes. In this case it's more that people feel like the story misled them and are annoyed at the story for it.
Old 2018-10-09, 07:37   Link #800
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Thank you. Finally the wannabe literature critics can quieten down.

Tags
ecchi, harem, harem bait, no harem, otp