AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 9 28.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 40.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 28.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-14, 07:49   Link #21
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Rikka and Yuuta would likely do the deed for the first time, when they are 25, recently married, and the Rikka's grandparents are asking for the first great-grandchild, or Yuuta's parents asking for their first grandchild.
THIS. Pretty much how I imagine their relationship would end up. There is nothing wrong with Kyoani trying to keep their relationship pure, but I guess that made them boring to some of the audiences. This is the first time I ever heard people cheering for a love triangle to happen between the main couple which says something about how boring they are. Personally, I have little reason to care about how those two are progressing as of current. I'm quite indifferent about their relationship at this point. I want more Sophia actually. Not in sense of triangle just more of her screentime that's all.

3 things about this episode that intrigue me:

1. The card Deko found in the bag

2. Sophia hasn't appear at all this episode is suspicious. This reminds me of episode 4 preview. Hope she's up to something.

3. There is also the Mori Summer Horoscope Website. Shinka suspected Deko running the site, but I don't think it's her. Deko worships Mori Summer like a goddess, I don't think she would dare to pretend to be the goddess herself. This means someone else has taking up the role of Mori Summer's imposter.

And no, I don't this is the end of the 2nd year school trip. There should be more next episode, and hopefully something interesting happens.
Old 2014-02-14, 08:17   Link #22
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
is bad cuz she just keep following her "yuri route/flags with dekomori , if the peoples ending the who the reason of her love her club is due to a first year blond... lol
Indeed, it's as though not a single of Nibutani's friends are wearing yuri goggles like us, except for Kazari obviously.

Quote:
maybe if their friends stop to force then and let them try by themselfs their can progress better on their own pace, really a amazing episode 10/10 for me.
Forceing is too strong of a word. They are just teasing. I mean you honestly never do that to your friends when you find out they got themselves boy/girlfriend?

Quote:
ps: more nibutani try to deny her chunibiou more she just get more inside/possessed, she really must let her chunibiou side come out by herself like rikka or deko or she gonna ending really turning more crazy than even the new girl as she keep regressing to her old self(maybe in a bad way unlike yuuta who was able to reconcile with his dark flame master and can control both unlike her who just keep losing more and more the control(her buttom is a big sense of danger in ending great broke).
And how would suggest she start doing that? Get herself a chuuni bo... girlfriend?

The reason Yuuta was able to reconcile with his dark flame master self is due to how important it is to both him and Rikka's relationship.
Old 2014-02-14, 12:42   Link #23
Vaans
NEET

Really...I just can't seem to see Yuuta and Rikka as a couple at all.

Now I'm thinking Yuuta and Nibutani would make an interesting pair, but its already set in stone the Yuuta x Rikka couple is.

Even so, Nibutani liking him and stealing him away from Rikka would make it interesting. Now, where's Satone?

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Old 2014-02-14, 13:43   Link #24
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Yes, it's EXTREMELY hard to see Yuuta and Rikka as a couple. Rikka is basically a 5 year old trapped in a 17 year old body, personality-wise. She's a child and has shown no signs of ever growing up, save for the last few episodes of last season, which seemed to be ignored in favor of regressing her character. It's going to cause massive problems for her later in life, that's for sure, and if this wasn't an anime world, I doubt Yuuta would have the patience to deal with it for long.
Old 2014-02-14, 13:58   Link #25
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaans View Post
Really...I just can't seem to see Yuuta and Rikka as a couple at all.

Now I'm thinking Yuuta and Nibutani would make an interesting pair, but its already set in stone the Yuuta x Rikka couple is.

Even so, Nibutani liking him and stealing him away from Rikka would make it interesting. Now, where's Satone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yes, it's EXTREMELY hard to see Yuuta and Rikka as a couple. Rikka is basically a 5 year old trapped in a 17 year old body, personality-wise. She's a child and has shown no signs of ever growing up, save for the last few episodes of last season, which seemed to be ignored in favor of regressing her character. It's going to cause massive problems for her later in life, that's for sure, and if this wasn't an anime world, I doubt Yuuta would have the patience to deal with it for long.
to be fair if you true pay attention to yuuta you gonna see who he also is chilsh, he also admitted who he can't do the things he also too much shy as her, is not rikka alone, this is a love storie about 2 teenagers(near adult) with mind of childrens try to learn about the "love" and relationship in their innocent way, yuuta is not a pervert/sex hunger, both of then share the same problem, but in rikka case this is more easy to see than him, he only show when pressed while rikka just keep showing at all times.
Old 2014-02-14, 14:29   Link #26
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I will say it was nice to see some development between Yuuta and Rikka at the end and I'm hoping it'll continue. Judging from the way the season has been, though, I'm not keeping my hopes up.
Old 2014-02-14, 15:14   Link #27
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Where's Sophia? She's just so much more likeable than Rika (as a love interest)...
Old 2014-02-14, 15:34   Link #28
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Where's Sophia? She's just so much more likeable than Rika (as a love interest)...
This joke is not funny.
Old 2014-02-14, 16:33   Link #29
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
THIS. Pretty much how I imagine their relationship would end up. There is nothing wrong with Kyoani trying to keep their relationship pure, but I guess that made them boring to some of the audiences.
I don't find it boring, and I don't have a problem with it, per se. In fact, it's nice, in some ways.

However, it does greatly limit what you can actually do with the pairing. This episode was nice, and the episode where Yuuta and Rikka went out on a date to see dolphins was nice. But I could see this level of romance losing its charm if it becomes the primary focus of Season 2.

That's partly why I'd like to see other characters get more focus.
Old 2014-02-14, 16:45   Link #30
AC-Phoenix
Detective

'You and Togashi kun were so close'

Finally someone is recognizing it

Whats up with that 'Die in a fire' phrase btw? Not the first time I heard that one in an anime oO.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2014-02-14 at 16:58.
Old 2014-02-14, 16:55   Link #31
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
'You and Togashi kun were so close'

Finally someone is recognizing the better it

Whats up with that 'Die in a fire' phrase towards people who got a girlfriend btw? Not the first time I heard that one in an anime oO.
I think it's meant to come across as a comically over-the-top expression of extreme jealousy. I think this also ties into why Yuuta and Rikka's friends are pressuring them a bit - Most of them don't seem to have boyfriends/girlfriends of their own, so they're hoping to live vicariously through our canon couple.
Old 2014-02-14, 18:49   Link #32
ices
Working Hard

We know what you did there Nibutani

Old 2014-02-14, 19:34   Link #33
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
We know what you did there Nibutani

Spoiler for [URL="http://i.imgur.com/nEsmfyO.jpg:
I was surprised there were no panties shots in that scene where Dekomori was balancing herself on the window seal. I've been following too many ecchi/harem shows :-S

Although I did like the scene where Rikka gave Yutta a Peek on the cheek and the scene where Yutta is like come to the bed Rikka ;-) . MY favourite scene in this episode is still the end where they seal the mountain, it's just the Chuunibyou in me is like, nope that's still pretty awesome, so envious of them.
Old 2014-02-14, 23:23   Link #34
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't find it boring, and I don't have a problem with it, per se. In fact, it's nice, in some ways.

However, it does greatly limit what you can actually do with the pairing. This episode was nice, and the episode where Yuuta and Rikka went out on a date to see dolphins was nice. But I could see this level of romance losing its charm if it becomes the primary focus of Season 2.

That's partly why I'd like to see other characters get more focus.
Same here, I think it all comes down to character dynamics. I find the chemistry between DekoxShinka, YuutaxSophia, or SophiaxRikka far more interesting then YuutaxRikka.

Actually, I also like YuutaxRikka only when they are doing their Boke/Tsukkomi routine, but whenever they start behaving like a couple, for some reason their dynamic stop becoming interesting for me, and I don't feel like cheering for them as much as I was back in s1.
Old 2014-02-15, 00:34   Link #35
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's because they look awkward together and it gives off the same feeling as seeing WataMote's Tomoko spilling spaghetti all over the place when ordering at a fastfood restaurant. However, the awkwardness factor may be part of what the series is trying to say.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-02-15, 02:36   Link #36
Aimop95

SO MUCH KAWAII! MY EYES!!!

In other news, What'd Deko find?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
She's more mature and in touch with reality. But hey, then this show wouldn't be as half as exciting.

Last edited by Flower; 2014-02-15 at 06:03. Reason: Please be more careful next time! ^^
Old 2014-02-15, 04:15   Link #37
novalysis

I wonder, how would Chuunibyou turn out if Rikka was not in Yuuta's school? I have a suspicion that Nibutani and Yuuta would actually be even better friends, and rumors would be circulating that both of them are in a relationship by the start of the 2nd year. And then, Sophia returns to Yuuta's life, possibly transfers to Yuuta's school with the same level of familiarity and chemistry, which then sparks rumors of a love triangle.

At which point, it could go down the White Album 2 route of two friends in love with the same guy, or it could subvert everything, with all of them being "just friends", who may or may not have unacknowledged flames for each other.

Back to the topic at hand - while Yuuta's likely loyal to Rikka, the very fact that Yuuta has two good female friends with a far sharper chemistry with him places Rikka in a very challenging position. And I suspect this is going to be a message of the second season - you don't need superior Chemistry to other potential love rivals, as others see it for a Relationship, but a commitment to each other. Making both Nibutani and Satone very shippable with Yuuta though is almost certainly a deliberate decision, and possibly a fuel for the plot of the second half of the season.

Still, I think a Nibutani or Sophia romance would have been fascinating what if scenarios . Nibutani would have been a romance between two recovering Chuunis who found a way to deal to go beyond denial. Satonewould have probably been a route where chemistry fuels the entire romance. I could really see it working in VN format, though it's likely a case of "Best Girl is not Main Girl".
Old 2014-02-15, 05:50   Link #38
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Back to the topic at hand - while Yuuta's likely loyal to Rikka, the very fact that Yuuta has two good female friends with a far sharper chemistry with him places Rikka in a very challenging position. And I suspect this is going to be a message of the second season - you don't need superior Chemistry to other potential love rivals, as others see it for a Relationship, but a commitment to each other. Making both Nibutani and Satone very shippable with Yuuta though is almost certainly a deliberate decision, and possibly a fuel for the plot of the second half of the season.

Still, I think a Nibutani or Sophia romance would have been fascinating what if scenarios . Nibutani would have been a romance between two recovering Chuunis who found a way to deal to go beyond denial. Satone would have probably been a route where chemistry fuels the entire romance. I could really see it working in VN format, though it's likely a case of "Best Girl is not Main Girl".
By others I supposed you include the audiences as well? In fact, Yuuta and Shinka's roommates this episode act like audience surrogate for some people.

But you made a good point here. I have been trying to avoid shipping Yuuta with other girl beside Rikka because of 1.) They're OTP so it's pointless and 2.) they had been through a lot in S1, but to be honest I also see Yuuta when pair up with the two other girl produce a stronger chemistry than Rikka, but as you said: chemistry isn't everything and I can see they both are trying to do their best to make it work in their on way. That is the part of their relationship I can appreciate.

That being said, the strong point of YuutaxRikka relationship is ep. 12 which probably brought some people to tears. I don't think you can get that kind of emotion if Yuuta end up with the other two girls.
Old 2014-02-15, 08:26   Link #39
ices
Working Hard

If there are a number in someone mail address, it's usually their birthday right?

Season 1 - Episode 5

Rikka's (previous) mail address is rikka0612@siftbank.ne.jp. The number 0612 in that mail address could mean "6th December" or "June 12th". For now, let's go with June 12th and assume that was actually Rikka birthday. Not some random number or someone else birthday.

Now pay attention to the calendar in this episode.

See the circled date. It's June 12th. The third day of the School trip. If our guess is right, then the circled date is Rikka's birthday...

Last edited by ices; 2014-02-21 at 08:20.
Old 2014-02-15, 09:32   Link #40
romcom89

@ ices, you are right. Rikkas birthday in the 12th of June

http://www.anime-chu-2.com/diary/?p=449
Closed Thread