AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Mai-Otome Character Do You Hate The Most?
Nina Wong 12 4.69%
Erstin Ho 9 3.52%
Mashiro Windbloom 12 4.69%
Arika Yumemiya 19 7.42%
Shizuru Viola 8 3.13%
Irina Woods 1 0.39%
Natsuki Kruger 2 0.78%
Juliet Nao Zhang 0 0%
Haruka Armitage 1 0.39%
Sergey Wong 61 23.83%
Tomoe Marguerite 74 28.91%
Nagi Dai Artai 26 10.16%
Miya Clochette 11 4.30%
Other (list below) 20 7.81%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-26, 00:42   Link #61
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Not to mention that Natsuki twice rallied the nations of the world against a common threat. She's more of a politician, a background figure, than a battlefield fighter. Shizuru can be said to be "her Otome" de facto, even though they're technically peers.
Old 2007-08-26, 08:08   Link #62
Prim8
Kaichou
*Graphic Designer

Number one hate: Tomoe
Followed by: Sergey
Old 2007-08-26, 08:21   Link #63
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I am probably going to get slaughtered by her many fans, but.... *activates Barrier Jacket*

Erstin.

Tomoe is an evil critter, I know. It's in her personallity to be evil. Erstin, however, is this kind girl, and I simply cannot fathom why she would betray her best friends for something as futile as 'my daddy wants it' especially when she doesn't want it herself! She's old enough to no longer be dependant on parents (hell, she hasn't seen them in years) and she damn well can make her own decicions.
Old 2007-08-26, 08:45   Link #64
disney72
Going Bonklers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I am probably going to get slaughtered by her many fans, but.... *activates Barrier Jacket*

Erstin.

Tomoe is an evil critter, I know. It's in her personallity to be evil. Erstin, however, is this kind girl, and I simply cannot fathom why she would betray her best friends for something as futile as 'my daddy wants it' especially when she doesn't want it herself! She's old enough to no longer be dependant on parents (hell, she hasn't seen them in years) and she damn well can make her own decicions.
good point.. hehe.. she's a pretty good student.. i guess someone will sponsor her if ever worse comes to worst..
Old 2007-08-26, 09:18   Link #65
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney72 View Post
good point.. hehe.. she's a pretty good student.. i guess someone will sponsor her if ever worse comes to worst..
...Sponsor? What are you talking about?
Old 2007-08-26, 09:22   Link #66
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

I guess this means that she relies on her family to sponsor her, and if she does something against their will, they will stop doing so.
Old 2007-08-26, 09:24   Link #67
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That still doesn't count as a good reason to try and off your best friends to me.
Old 2007-08-26, 12:04   Link #68
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

For me it was Shiho, just because everything about her majorly got under my skin (as I think I've stated earlier) so I picked other since she wasn't on here.
Old 2007-08-26, 14:25   Link #69
starCHILDE

Sergey for me, but Tomoe comes in a close second position because she was pretty cool at the beginning. Sergey was annoying from episode 1.
Old 2007-08-28, 09:06   Link #70
disney72
Going Bonklers

ohhhh... i hate tomoe, but followed (really closely) by sergey...

yep.. he's downright annoying...
Old 2007-09-06, 17:21   Link #71
Dulcetiar
Otome
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Dulcetiar
I think " Shiho ". She's so scary with maki maki, lol
(well actually I love every character in Mai-series. :-/ )
Old 2007-09-06, 23:07   Link #72
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I would really love it if I could vote multiple times. First of all Arika is just annoying to me never really liked her. Nina also annoyed me with her being with obsessed with her father. Tomoe I never really care about her. Mashiro now wth did they do to her, I liked Hime version and yet they turned her into this spoiled annoying brat. Sergey, kind feel bad for the guy but still don't really like him. Notice that nobody voted for Nao.
Old 2007-09-08, 20:16   Link #73
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Nagi. The whole plot describes him as a threat but they never properly fleshed out his ambitions.
Old 2007-09-09, 00:21   Link #74
cyg_lg

For me is this guy sergey i just hate him,
he always needs to be rescuted,
when he tries to do something only obtain get worse
the things and makes nina suffer...

Besides he seems to me so vulnerable and i don't like that ....

Tomoe is in the head !! that make me sad, cuz i love this character is interesting in her way ....

(sorry for my bad english)
Old 2007-09-13, 03:31   Link #75
X10A_Freedom

I tend to hate the most annoying character and for me, it was Arika. I just wish her brain grew a little more as the series progressed.

(but of course, we know Arinko grows some breasts instead of brains when it comes to the time of Zwei :/)

Spoils current vote results.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-13, 14:20   Link #76
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
Spoils current vote results.
Spoiler:
Arguably good intentions. But that's what makes her so awesome.
Old 2007-09-16, 09:45   Link #77
workingclass

come now nagi is the true playa. hes one of the main reasons i watched the hime/otome series. as a bad guy he is one of the funniest villians to watch. hes evil yet he doesnt seem evil, you can never really tell if hes trying to side with good or bad.

and truly he deserved the utmost respect in the hime series. my favorite part is when he chides natsuki on having a little extra draft, right before she shoots a hole through his hair. as a bad guy he makes the series enjoyable to watch. but meh we all are entitled to our opinions.

i chose tomoe in the end just cause non of the char were really annoying but in the end her whole char persona made her more annoying IMO
Old 2007-09-23, 00:47   Link #78
Fweakin

I'm frankly surprised Arika isn't higher up on the hated polling. It seems a lot of people went with the "characters who did bad things", as opposed to "bad characters".

Oh Arika, there is no limit to how much I wanted you to sacrifice yourself to save the world, if only to remove your irritating, whiny presence from my computer screen.

Last edited by Fweakin; 2007-09-23 at 01:21. Reason: Inability to construct a coherent sentence
Old 2007-09-23, 01:41   Link #79
Woodchips
つかれた!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fweakin View Post
It seems a lot of people went with the "characters who did bad things", as opposed to "bad characters".
I actually noticed this as well, which made me die a little inside. I mean, just because these characters aren't aligned with the side of 'good' (such an arbitrary word in my opinion) doesn't necessarily make them bad characters. I guess that the poll's title is a little bit ambiguous in the first place, but I assumed that this was a reversal on the: 'Which character in Otome do you like the most" poll.

In any case my vote definitely has to go to Arika. To me she is seriously flawed as a lead. She has: very little charisma, is whiny, excessively immature, daft, whiny, has very little believable motivations for becoming an otome, her voice is reminiscent of nails on a blackboard.... and did I mention she was whiny?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't go for the 'Truth, justice and peace' motivation. It's unrealistic and makes it hard to empathise with the character. Mai at least was believable: she fights because:

a) She feels guilty for standing by when she has the power to help.
b) Because if she doesn't the person dearest to her will turn into little green sparkles.
c) Because she's pissed. (See Mai going mental and trying to fry Mikoto)

Compared to that, Arika's "I want to save the world" seems both a little childish and pointless.

As always though, these are just my opinions and personal preferences. If strange redheads with ADD float your boat then I respect that, but I hated her.
Old 2007-12-11, 00:21   Link #80
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Angry The Most Hated Character Ever, Nagi Dai Artai!!

I was very sad because i felt sorry for both nina & sergey. Because That Son of the B*tch NAGI DAI ARTAI, Of course!!

I JUST REALLY DON"T LIKE THAT BASTARD NAGI!! PERIOD.

* just sad about what he did to nina & sergey previously...*

* and now feels no desire to studying, eating and sleeping*

yes, same goes like The idolm@ster anime that i just fretting around in that thread because of that Chihaya......

*cries* same goes that annoying HIbiki from that same show, of course....

Quote:
Originally Posted by starplattinum View Post
Sergay is final answer!!

go hell oldman!!!
oh come on, i really don't hate that sergey wong because he will be pre-kagami arata character and he should be the next KAMEN RIDER GATACK!!

NAGI IS the one that i hate him!!

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2007-12-12 at 01:00. Reason: I hate double posts...
Closed Thread