AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-05-01, 09:28   Link #6941
HasuMasu
*Artist

I'm having this weird image problem, some images aren't showing up.

Seemingly random because I can't think of any pattern other than they're images.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 14:51   Link #6942
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post

Seemingly random because I can't think of any pattern other than they're images.
Is it imgur again? Or images in general?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 15:33   Link #6943
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:

On the forum? or some other place like irc, etc.
Old 2013-05-01, 16:13   Link #6944
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:

My guess would be:
- your dns server has problems.
Pictures you see on a page can be located on a lot of different servers. So if your dns server frequently drops your requests for dns lookups, you will experience exactly what you describe. Test if the problem goes away with an different dns server. For example Google's @ 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
- bad connection in general.
Can also be the cause, but not as easy to fix. This usually leads to partly loaded images.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 00:18   Link #6945
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Is it imgur again? Or images in general?
No, seems random.

Surprised you remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
On the forum? or some other place like irc, etc.
Random places like here, ff.net, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
My guess would be:
- your dns server has problems.
Pictures you see on a page can be located on a lot of different servers. So if your dns server frequently drops your requests for dns lookups, you will experience exactly what you describe. Test if the problem goes away with an different dns server. For example Google's @ 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
- bad connection in general.
Can also be the cause, but not as easy to fix. This usually leads to partly loaded images.
My connection is generally bad, yes.

However, I've not had partially-loading problems.

Probably this DNS thing you're saying, but how do you use those numbers?
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 16:39   Link #6946
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
No, seems random.

Surprised you remember that.

Random places like here, ff.net, etc.

My connection is generally bad, yes.

However, I've not had partially-loading problems.

Probably this DNS thing you're saying, but how do you use those numbers?
This is a bit complex but bare with me.

Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Centre

You should have one Network active with "Access type: internet". On that click the link next to Connections (Ethernet or WiFi).

On the small window that shows up hit Properties and, from the list, choose "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP)".

Choose the option "Use the following DNS server addresses:"

Type in those numbers on the two boxes bellow.

Hit ok and everything should be up and running. Do ask if you have any questions.
Old 2013-05-03, 10:39   Link #6947
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
What's the difference between envy and jealousy?

I've always thought that envy pertains more to material matters (such as goods) while jealousy deals with the abstract (eg relationships).. but is there any time when it's 'more appropriate' to use either in literature etc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
There are two definitions/usages of jealousy. The first usage is the synonym of envy, about wanting what another person has. The second usage of jealousy is about a fear of losing what you already have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Fear of loss?...

Yeah, that seems.. more appropriate. Thanks.
I always thought jealous is the more 'negative' word. If you are envious, if you wish to have what they have. If you are jealous, you wish them to not have what they have and be like you. Well, that's always how I used it in essays in school (though I can't remember whether it was legit or not), seems like I learned something new today
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 12:07   Link #6948
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
The government is preventing me form using my money until I can fully pay off a debt. What can I do with the money I have?
Old 2013-05-03, 13:24   Link #6949
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
The government is preventing me form using my money until I can fully pay off a debt. What can I do with the money I have?
1) Pay off your debt.
2) Convert to cash -> strippers
3) Convert to cash -> gamble -> win? goto 1) or 4) / lose? file bankruptcy
4) Convert to cash -> leave country
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 12:39   Link #6950
Crontica

How many points do you have to get before you get permanently banned?
Old 2013-05-06, 12:58   Link #6951
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
According to the AnimeSuki FAQ:

"We don't think that there is any advantage to either you or us to let you know exactly how much mischief you can get away with before we decide to send you to "less moderated" forums for the rest of your life."
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 17:52   Link #6952
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Adding to what monster already quoted, one must also mention that even the same infraction can yield different amount of points; depending on the severity, frequency, previous history of each member, etc, etc.
Old 2013-05-06, 20:35   Link #6953
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I learned that wage garnishment is something the debtor takes out of your paycheck but not your actual bank account. I can still use the money in my account but I am still somewhat cautious because I don't want to go to prison. Should go through with it?
Old 2013-05-06, 23:16   Link #6954
Ryohka

I know this may sound strange but does anyone else think the rules are oddly unspecific about why we can't post or ask for pm's to raws? I am particularly interested in knowing specifics on which magazines a particular manga originate in, and how to obtain said raws and I'm just wandering why that's not allowed?
Ryohka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 23:27   Link #6955
Ryohka

Quote:
I learned that wage garnishment is something the debtor takes out of your paycheck but not your actual bank account. I can still use the money in my account but I am still somewhat cautious because I don't want to go to prison. Should go through with it?
If the money is in your account that means the wages have been taken out of your paycheck already and that's what's left. If you look at your check stub it should have a list of things coming out of your check such as: FEDERAL TAXES, STATE, SOCIAL SECURITY, AMOUNT WITHHELD...etc. So I'd say you're fine, but also that your question is more of a yahoo answers question or belongs on a finances forum...
Ryohka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 01:35   Link #6956
Guernsey
The GAP Man

According to the notice, I have an excess amount of $425 dollars and it looks like I am forbidden to remove any money in my account until expressly permitted by the court. What does this mean for my account? Does this mean I cannot use the money until I pay that off to the debtor? Or can I use my until the court says I can? I still have some money in my account but it is just sitting there. I may have to read it again because does mention credits, property and etc.
Old 2013-05-07, 05:05   Link #6957
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
According to the AnimeSuki FAQ:

"We don't think that there is any advantage to either you or us to let you know exactly how much mischief you can get away with before we decide to send you to "less moderated" forums for the rest of your life."
Hmm sad it was getting kind of fun collecting points to display to my peeps. I guess 3 points is the limit~
Old 2013-05-07, 12:28   Link #6958
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
According to the notice, I have an excess amount of $425 dollars and it looks like I am forbidden to remove any money in my account until expressly permitted by the court. What does this mean for my account? Does this mean I cannot use the money until I pay that off to the debtor? Or can I use my until the court says I can? I still have some money in my account but it is just sitting there. I may have to read it again because does mention credits, property and etc.
I don't think it can be clearer than that. The court has to grant you permission to withdraw money from that account, so don't touch it until they say you can, else you'll find yourself in more trouble than you need to be.
Old 2013-05-07, 13:06   Link #6959
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Garnishments of bank accounts happen immediately without anyone telling you "please don't take the money out". You simply wake up and there's X dollars gone from the account. If you owe more than what is in the account, any further money deposited is also siphoned out until the amount required has been collected.

I've gotten garnished a few times in my life (payroll and bank) over disputes in how much tax money I owed ... I've NEVER had any state/fed entity say I'm forbidden to remove any money. Either it was in my account for my use or they simply took it and I had to argue with them about getting all or part of it back.

You probably need to talk to a tax lawyer or at least a tax accountant.

The Feds and states have gotten pretty bad about grabbing the money without warning and then you have to negotiate for it back (e.g. um yeah, I filed that return. do I have to start sending them via signature required mail because you misfiled it? here's a copy)
Old 2013-05-12, 08:12   Link #6960
Kawarimi
( ゚∀(・-・) 〜(^∇^〜)
*Author

Who's the new Mewtwo-looking Pokemon I've seen pictures floating around of recently?

Didn't see anything about it in Bulbapedia.

AS' Social Thread
Gone but not forgotten.

REBUILD
Kawarimi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious