Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-11-06, 03:31   Link #721
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch24 View Post
An adult who had seen more messed-up and horrific stuff than anyone could possibly imagine.
A.k.a. a true Hommando.
Old 2013-11-06, 03:39   Link #722
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://variety.com/2013/film/awards/...ar-1200798376/

Quote:
“Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie – Rebellion”

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 06:35   Link #723
bogcsa1013

This would be a big surprise if it will win against Disney/Dreamworks movies. (But it happened once when Spirited Away won in 2003).
Old 2013-11-06, 06:40   Link #724
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
But 14+8 is 22, not 26..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Oops, my bad.

Still, it's an adult mental age.

If I remember correctly, Homura's time loops were of 40+ days, not a month. That's why I said she's 26 or so.
Old 2013-11-06, 06:43   Link #725
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogcsa1013 View Post
This would be a big surprise if it will win against Disney/Dreamworks movies. (But it happened once when Spirited Away won in 2003).
I am rather pessimistic about Madoka's chances to win let alone be nominated.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 06:58   Link #726
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Madoka has no chance of even being nominated in that. But I'm glad producers are aggressive on submitting the movie by themselves.

The movie is doing well on its own too. Reaching almost 900 million yen in just two weeks!
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 11:11   Link #727
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If I remember correctly, Homura's time loops were of 40+ days, not a month. That's why I said she's 26 or so.
oh yeah , 10 days matter a lot because 100 loops are enough for them to make a significant difference without being enough loops (10,000 or more) to make the difference insignificant again.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 11:31   Link #728
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Yea, it does matter, because time is cumulative. :P
Old 2013-11-06, 11:38   Link #729
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Yeah look at how Phil from Groundhod Day put those repeats to a good use. Like learning piano =p
Old 2013-11-06, 22:12   Link #730
KoiYuki

Sorry for the poor quality of these images, but I noticed these when rewatching the clip of the first 3 minutes. They show up very briefly when the nightmare is going through the doors.

The Madoka part shows up, splits down the center like a door, and the runes show up immediately after. I think they say "does not matter the let's dance now". And it actually says "the", not "then" or anything.. I'm not really great with the runes though, so I could be wrong.

I'm more curious about Madoka being there, not to mention there was a picture of a deer being stabbed with a fork and bleeding after that, too. Kaname...
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 22:17   Link #731
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogcsa1013 View Post
Western shows have a high chance of winning. Spirited Away got lucky.
Old 2013-11-07, 05:41   Link #732
Wanderer
Goat

As far as I can tell, it was at least somewhat ambiguous as to whether Demon-Homura's world was the "real world" or whether it's a fake world she created within her own barrier to trap Human-Madoka inside of.

Thoughts?
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 05:56   Link #733
Kazu-kun

^ Didn't QB said the darkness covered the whole universe or something like that? IMO that meant she put the whole universe (the real universe, including the real planet Earth) inside her barrier. Also, there's the thing about the dead magical girls (Sayaka, Nagisa, etc). Homura didn't trap them in the new world. They ended up there on their own after the Law of Cycles stopped working.

All in all, I think it's pretty clear it's the real world.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-11-07 at 06:10.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 07:06   Link #734
Wanderer
Goat

I'm not so certain that the Law stopped working entirely.

When Demon Homura was talking to Sayaka at the end, Sayaka was angry that Homura ripped off a piece from the Law of Cycles. Homura responded that it was only a very small piece (Madoka's memories as a human). So it's clear that the Law of Cycles still exists in some imperfect form, which doesn't mean it's stopped working entirely.

As for the barrier... well, normal witch barriers are alternate realities that witches would hide in to avoid detection. But they would also use them to envelope and trap their victims. So does a barrier the size of the universe... actually contain the universe? Or does it create a kind of parallel reality that exists alongside and magically interacts with the universe? It seems hard to tell, but I'm leaning towards the latter. Also, how Homura's "demon" barrier works is not clear either.

I'm also somewhat dubious of Sayaka being allowed to remain in the real human world, even with a rewrite. If it's an artificial world, though, I think it makes more sense.

And then there's these guys:
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
Spoiler for image spoiler:
It was a very surreal scene and I don't remember it perfectly. Something like... Kyouko tried to throw an apple their way from in a tree, and then they weren't there and Kyouko was in a different tree somewhere else... and Kyouko seemed to sense something was off for a second.

There was also Mami's scene where she heard the shatter from the teacup that Homura dropped, but saw nothing when she looked in that direction.

To me it seems to imply that maybe there is something "fake" about Demon-Homura's world, like there's 2 worlds side-by-side.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 07:19   Link #735
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
When Demon Homura was talking to Sayaka at the end, Sayaka was angry that Homura ripped off a piece from the Law of Cycles. Homura responded that it was only a very small piece (Madoka's memories as a human). So it's clear that the Law of Cycles still exists in some imperfect form, which doesn't mean it's stopped working entirely.
The part of the Law of Cycle Sayaka accuses Homura of stealing is the power of hope that saved all the magical girls, which implies the system isn't working anymore imo. Homura replies she only took a little bit of it, the memory of Madoka before Madoka's existence was erased form the world. The fact that Sayaka and Nagisa are alive still means the system is currently not working.

Quote:
As for the barrier... well, normal witch barriers are alternate realities that witches would hide in to avoid detection. But they would also use them to envelope and trap their victims. So does a barrier the size of the universe... actually contain the universe? Or does it create a kind of parallel reality that exists alongside and magically interacts with the universe? It seems hard to tell, but I'm leaning towards the latter. Also, how Homura's "demon" barrier works is not clear either.
I still think the darkness covering the universe means that she put the universe inside her barrier.

Quote:
I'm also somewhat dubious of Sayaka being allowed to remain in the real human world, even with a rewrite. If it's an artificial world, though, I think it makes more sense.
Welp, if the real world is inside a barrier, I don't see why she couldn't be alive.

Quote:
And then there's these guys
Again, even if it's the real world, it's still inside a barrier. Of course it's going to be filled with creepy ass things.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-11-07 at 07:47.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 10:57   Link #736
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Yea, it does matter, because time is cumulative. :P
yeah, but something like being 26,000 years odl versus being 22,000 years old is what I meant by it stopping mattering, you are already too odl for logic to apply, is like the billionaries whether they have 15 or 17 million it's anot a big difference to them, even though technically the difference is really big (2 billion).
Old 2013-11-07, 11:06   Link #737
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
^
Gen said Homura went through about 100 loops. I don't know where you're getting 10,000 from.
Old 2013-11-07, 12:03   Link #738
maximilianjenus
[E]

you won't get it if you don't follow the discussion and jsut nitpick at a single post out of context.
Old 2013-11-07, 12:23   Link #739
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Western shows have a high chance of winning. Spirited Away got lucky.
Spirited Away deserved the award from what the competition was at the time.

But yeah, like others have said, I don't think Madoka will be nominated. It's funny to imagine though.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 13:03   Link #740
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
Spirited Away deserved the award from what the competition was at the time.

But yeah, like others have said, I don't think Madoka will be nominated. It's funny to imagine though.
Are the judges going to watch them all?

Tags
madoka