AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-04-29, 06:27   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - News & Announcements

This thread is for news and announcements related to the Index Light Novels that don't fit into any other thread or topic (but may be the launching point for new threads).

This thread is not "General Discussion". Please only post if you have news or information to share about the franchise, and to discuss said news and announcements.

If you are posting information that might spoil people who have not yet read the latest novels, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags.
Old 2015-04-29, 08:55   Link #2
Fizix
Nitpicking

How is this different to the current LN thread? (The YenPress one, this sounds like the same thread).
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 10:14   Link #3
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This will probably hold news about stuff that's not necessarily about the LNs but are related to Index, like releases of non-LN format media by Kamachi or any attempt by Miki or Dengeki Bunko to troll us again with their announcements.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 10:17   Link #4
Fizix
Nitpicking

Maybe, I just thought it would be helpful to explain how this is different to the other thread as it sounds exactly the same to me.
Old 2015-04-29, 13:57   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
How is this different to the current LN thread? (The YenPress one, this sounds like the same thread).
The Yen Press thread is only to discuss issues related to the English localization of the novels/manga. This is for other news and announcements that don't already have a thread. It's based on the request here.
Old 2015-04-29, 14:00   Link #6
Fizix
Nitpicking

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. That really wasnt clear from the OP though.
Old 2015-04-29, 21:58   Link #7
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. That really wasnt clear from the OP though.
Theres a pretty big difference between the news about YenPress and the news about the novel things in general
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 04:50   Link #8
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Toaru Hourou no Imagine Breaker (A Certain Wandering Imagine Breaker)

Its time to use this thread for what it was made for.

As part of the Kamachi Kazuma 10th Anniversary Celebrations, Kamachi wrote a short story that was released a prize in the Ichiban Kuji lottery (Announcement #5).

The short story is titled Toaru Hourou no Imagine Breaker or A Certain Wandering Imagine Breaker. For a while, we had no details about the contents of the short story. Luckily, Debi from Trigger Happy End made a blog post about it here. (Its all in Japanese though. Also, no pictures for the SS).

The story occurs in the first 10 days of September (again) putting it somewhere between OT6 and OT7 (or between the 2 anime seasons if that's how you remember it ). (My guess is that it occurs on September 6 or 7th considering there is no other time that this could occur).

In a nutshell:

1. Someone is setting up a magical attack against Academy City (again) .
2. The thing that will become the key for this attack is Kamijou Touma's sleeping time.
3. After this, within a 5 hour time period, if Kamijou is not sleeping for at least 2 hours (ie awake for 2 hours or more) the magical attack will commence! (I'm guessing this repeats every 5 hours. Don't know how this works so don't ask. Also: Fukouda! )
4. Because of this, Kanzaki Kaori arrives to put Kamijou to sleep.

Other characters who appear: Index (obviously); Himegami Aisa (hooray); Misaka Mikoto (obviously) and Shirai Kuroko (seriously).

Comedy and potential jokes about sleeping in the same bed together are bound to occur.

As for the effect of the magical attack in question, I don't know if Debi is trolling me or not so I'll wrap it in spoiler tags:

Spoilers
Spoiler for Debi's probably trolling but...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Hoping that more details can come from a better translator (and that js06 will get to this).
Old 2015-04-30, 16:49   Link #9
Fizix
Nitpicking

The spoiler...

I really, really hope you aren't being trolled. That's so stupid its perfect.
Old 2015-05-08, 07:27   Link #10
entei08

NT 13 Preview

学園都市をハイテク自転車『アクロバイク』で疾走する上条当麻! 荷台には、振り落とされない よう彼の腰に 両腕をしっかり回して密着する御坂美琴。……これは一体!?

Kamijou Touma rushing through AC on the Acro Bike! On the back, Misaka Mikoto holds on to him for dear life... What is this!?
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 07:35   Link #11
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

We Pokemon now.

Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2015-05-08, 07:37   Link #12
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

It also needs to be added that the release date for NT Volume 13 is July 10, 2015.

8th novel in a row for Kamachi; released before Mitou Shoukan://Blood-Sign Volume 3 whenever thats coming.
Old 2015-05-08, 09:11   Link #13
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
NT 13 Preview

学園都市をハイテク自転車『アクロバイク』で疾走する上条当麻! 荷台には、振り落とされない よう彼の腰に 両腕をしっかり回して密着する御坂美琴。……これは一体!?

Kamijou Touma rushing through AC on the Acro Bike! On the back, Misaka Mikoto holds on to him for dear life... What is this!?
Whats the point in a preview like that? It says absolutely nothing other than that the novel features Touma and Mikoto... which is a given and could mean absolutely anything.

They may happen to be on a bike and he is going too fast

They may be under attack by whoever the cardboard cutout bad guy of this volume is

They may be attempting to get somewhere fast because stuff has gone down

It may be a random skit where Mikoto might have finally dared to ask Touma out on a date and he said yes. Thus Kuroko is giving chase with intent to kill.

It'll probably be the latter and mean nothing for the contents of the novel.

If you haven't already guessed, I hate previews that say nothing and serve no purpose. They are pointless, if you're going to give a preview, give an actual preview that will make me interested in the novel.
Old 2015-05-08, 09:50   Link #14
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
Its a single line teaser; not even a preview. You're not supposed to read too much into it.

Also before any more conversation is had, the discussion will continue in the NT13 Speculation Thread.
Old 2015-05-17, 09:08   Link #15
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
More detailed summary of NT 13

The date is 24th of December

After the battle with St Germain, Kamijou Touma reclaims his normal life with Index and Othinus.

AC is full on bathing in Christmas colors. However the SOL does not last.

The boss of Dawn-colored Sunlight, Birdway, asks Kamijou to prevent the activation of a certain spell.

It seems a group of enemy magicians has infiltrated AC and plans to activate a spell of great scale.

The spell which incorporates a saint, will activate on the 25th of December in midnight!

Kamijou who once again gets dragged into an incident faces the emergency of a time limit.

He is rushing along AC on the high tech bicycle the Acro Bike.

However, at this point the number three Level 5 Misaka Mikoto cuts in!?

Underneath the surface of this incident are people prowling about in the dark. The higher ups of AC, the Anglican Church and the Magic God

Tonight is Christmas Eve.

A number of stories crosses their paths in AC.
Christmas already? Not that I'm complaining, that means Touma finally got some rest between volumes (inb4 short stories filling the gap).

Still, Birdway asks for help, a spell using a saint on the 25th... Could it be the Nicholas Foundation?
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-17, 09:18   Link #16
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wait a sec, where did that come from?

Old 2015-05-17, 09:20   Link #17
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Wait a sec, where did that come from?
The 2ch Kamachi thread, so I've heard.
Old 2015-05-17, 09:26   Link #18
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I wouldn't trust that. The more chunky summary doesn't usually show up until much later.
Plus, even 2ch can spout bullshit once in a while.

EDIT: The very first response to the summary post was even "source please".

Old 2015-05-17, 09:33   Link #19
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I wouldn't trust that. The more chunky summary doesn't usually show up until much later.
Plus, even 2ch can spout bullshit once in a while.

EDIT: The very first response to the summary post was even "source please".
You're right, what was I thinking.
Old 2015-05-17, 09:35   Link #20
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Highly skeptical about this. For the story to randomly jump from December 1 to December 24 seems impossible given Kamijou's tendency to frequently get involved in incidents.

Also it was my mistake to ask people to post LN announcements here when they already have a thread (it was a moment of stupidity on my part) so let's refrain from doing that in the future. Leave this thread for when the news in question doesn't have a thread it belongs to yet.

The discussion continues in the NT13 Discussion Thread.