AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-11, 12:39   Link #21
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
That it is. I just didn't expect something like that to happen to AW. Not that I mind. I wonder if the SAO game will also have an original story?

Yeah, probably. KYH, Niko, Chiyu... and probably Fuuko? I'm guessing she hasn't been revealed in the trailer because she hasn't shown up in the anime yet?

Huh, so who's that black-haired girl in the Dengeki scan?
Spoiler for Name of Black-haired girl:

But I dont really think that PS3 or PSP is going to be shipped over here but I was doing some thinking, and I know that if somebody would make a MMORPG of Accel World, I got money that it would be over here before PS3/PSP does.

Last edited by Neki Ecko; 2012-06-11 at 12:40. Reason: Added spoiler since she havent show up yet on the Anime
Old 2012-06-11, 13:09   Link #22
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Spoiler for Name of Black-haired girl:

But I dont really think that PS3 or PSP is going to be shipped over here but I was doing some thinking, and I know that if somebody would make a MMORPG of Accel World, I got money that it would be over here before PS3/PSP does.
Spoiler:

I'm positive that it won't; very few videogames with visual novel elements make it over to the West. I'd love to see this game get localized.

While an Accel World MMO sounds like a fantastic idea (I think I'd enjoy a SAO MMO more), I imagine licensing and whatnot would be a serious pain.
Old 2012-06-11, 13:16   Link #23
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Spoiler:

I'm positive that it won't; very few videogames with visual novel elements make it over to the West. I'd love to see this game get localized.

While an Accel World MMO sounds like a fantastic idea (I think I'd enjoy a SAO MMO more), I imagine licensing and whatnot would be a serious pain.
I know the feeling, Tales of Xillia is getting a sequel and the current game hasn't been localized in North America yet. I mean we've got all the Tales series games and movies, but this title isn't making it localized debut or announcement. It pains me because a game like this has great potential but it's a risk in itself because if it doesn't sell in another country then they've wasted their time localizing it for the fans for nothing.

A Sword Art Online MMO I would like that, but a 2D anime fighting game combining both SAO and AW that would be more awesome and could work because Kirito, Asuna, Lizbet, Haruyuki, Aqua Current, Kuroyukihime are definitely fighting game material. It's just my opinion though.
Old 2012-06-11, 13:34   Link #24
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I know the feeling, Tales of Xillia is getting a sequel and the current game hasn't been localized in North America yet. I mean we've got all the Tales series games and movies, but this title isn't making it localized debut or announcement. It pains me because a game like this has great potential but it's a risk in itself because if it doesn't sell in another country then they've wasted their time localizing it for the fans for nothing.

A Sword Art Online MMO I would like that, but a 2D anime fighting game combining both SAO and AW that would be more awesome and could work because Kirito, Asuna, Lizbet, Haruyuki, Aqua Current, Kuroyukihime are definitely fighting game material. It's just my opinion though.
I've pretty much given up on seeing Xillia make it over; I'm sure it'll happen sometime down the line, but I just don't know if I'll be interested in buying the game when the time comes. And that’s not even mentioning the Vesperia fiasco.

Haha, that sounds like something a fan of the fighting genre would say; nonetheless, I concur. It shouldn't that hard to do, considering how the author is the person who owns the intellectual rights to the characters in both of the series.
Old 2012-06-11, 13:42   Link #25
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:

Haha, that sounds like something a fan of the fighting genre would say; nonetheless, I concur. It shouldn't that hard to do, considering how the author is the person who owns the intellectual rights to the characters in both of the series.
I can't tell whether you agree with me or you think I'm a pathetic fighting game freak.

I mean the characters have special abilities and talents in their respective series so making 2D sprites, putting in special moves, and adding colors would really make the game works if Reki-sensei chose to do something like this. I mean Persona 4 is getting an 2D fighter and an awesome one at that, and SAO and AW are series that fans like myself really care about and a 2D anime fighting game adaptation based on those two series fans would be content with that (fighting game ones).
Old 2012-06-11, 13:52   Link #26
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I can't tell whether you agree with me or you think I'm a pathetic fighting game freak.

I mean the characters have special abilities and talents in their respective series so making 2D sprites, putting in special moves, and adding colors would really make the game works if Reki-sensei chose to do something like this. I mean Persona 4 is getting an 2D fighter and an awesome one at that, and SAO and AW are series that fans like myself really care about and a 2D anime fighting game adaptation based on those two series fans would be content with that (fighting game ones).
I agree! I actually left out a word, but I doubt that it would've made a big difference (it should've been 'true fan' instead of just 'fan').

Indeed. I'd love to see Examu handle all of that; they're great at what they do.

But eh, this game also seems to have 1 v 1 fights. I wonder if there's any sort of complexity to it?
Old 2012-06-11, 14:00   Link #27
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
I agree! I actually left out a word, but I doubt that it would've made a big difference (it should've been 'true fan' instead of just 'fan').

Indeed. I'd love to see Examu handle all of that; they're great at what they do.

But eh, this game also seems to have 1 v 1 fights. I wonder if there's any sort of complexity to it?
Well Skull Girls have a character assist but if they did something like that it'll be a little bit like Marvel, but Arcana Heart and Persona are practically doing the same thing but with a twist. Examu and Aksys Games really know how to make really great game mechanics, and I'm sure that with SAO and AW I'm sure they'll be able to think of something to make the mechanics unique and edgy. I mean Kirito has Duel Skills and Haruyuki/Silver Crow has flight I wonder how they'll incorporate that in actual gameplay.
Old 2012-06-11, 14:47   Link #28
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Sword Art Online MMO and Accel World MMO, I can see the possibities about those two (wont be on WoW or GW level but you can push it to around RO). I can actually see it in my head (Legion quest, Parent/Child system, etc etc etc)
Old 2012-06-11, 18:12   Link #29
Awrya
U mad?

AW game looks quite good. Wonder if PV2 is for the psp game, character designs are not up to ps3 standards
Looks like there will be loads of text in Japanese, so either I learn basic Japanese characters or hope it will be released in USA/EU, though it can wait a while.
Old 2012-06-11, 18:53   Link #30
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
AW game looks quite good. Wonder if PV2 is for the psp game, character designs are not up to ps3 standards
Looks like there will be loads of text in Japanese, so either I learn basic Japanese characters or hope it will be released in USA/EU, though it can wait a while.
It's for both the PSP and the PS3 game. And yeah, they aren't; the graphics look like they were made for the PSP and got ported to the PS3. But then again, this game wouldn't the first one to have such poor 3D models (*cough*HyperdimensionNeptunia*cough*).
Old 2012-06-28, 13:37   Link #31
Ray
Garnet

KYH looks so damn awesome in that outfit..
Old 2012-07-06, 09:39   Link #32
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
2nd Commerical came up on the site today:

Old 2012-07-06, 09:50   Link #33
Ray
Garnet

Wow, proper anime scenes of KYH in her suit, but without the helmet? Damn, I want this game so much now.

Edit:

Images
OVA screenshot
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Ray; 2012-07-13 at 12:23.
Old 2012-07-26, 12:17   Link #34
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Images for the game and OVA:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-07-26, 12:24   Link #35
Ray
Garnet

Dat bikini CG. <3

KYH looks awesome in her assault mode.
Old 2012-07-26, 19:15   Link #36
novalysis

I must admit, I am very surprised that the Accel World PSP Game is not a hastily put together 2D Sprite Base game with limited combat mechanics and hilariously outdated graphics.

It looks good. Far better than I'd have thought it would.
Old 2012-07-26, 19:17   Link #37
Ray
Garnet

*points at the title*

It's also for the PS3. Although.. it'll probably work much better on the PSP. Bleh.
Old 2012-07-27, 07:36   Link #38
Awrya
U mad?

Just noticed, in the ova KYH has SC's wings? Wonder if she got them via fusion DBZ style?
Old 2012-07-27, 18:07   Link #39
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath; These kinds of Anime-to-Game titles pretty much never gets localized regardless of which company does it.

Well, unless they're SUPER well known like the Shounen Big Three I guess.
That does get me wondering, do you think that anime to game titles would sell enough units if localized. I mean, on one hand they can be rather esoteric, but on the other hand, the DVDs seem to sell well enough.

I've actually read somewhere that a lot of anime-based games do not get localized not because there are not enough people requesting localization, but because major retailers such Wal-Mart do not think it will sell.
Old 2012-07-27, 22:03   Link #40
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Lol. The fact that a game like this is (given the source material) on the PSP/PS3 brings me to tears over our current technological state
Closed Thread

Tags
accel world, ps3, psp