AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-06, 17:26   Link #1
Tyrtaeus

Good place to browse for recent/nonRecent animes?

I understand that this forum is a good place to start but i was wondering if there are other specific places to reliably quickly and effectively get a scope of good animes that were released in the past couple years or so. Basically I'd like a place to tell me that "Blood +, Speed Grapher, Claymore, Dennou Coil & Ghost Hunt" are all really good for "blahblah" reasons and are complete or ongoing subbed and readily available but totally cool cause we know every series that comes out, and we're hardcore and stuff"

I found THIS great thread, but it's excellent scop is limited to current things.

Help is really appreciated, i'm a little tired of floating all over the net and aimlessly looking (AniDB is good, but one hard to decide the nature of some of the results).

Please direct me to threads on this forum and any other online places. Best of year for so and so reasons are also good, but i can't find any.

thank you !
Old 2007-08-06, 21:24   Link #2
pingu^
Mishi-Corp

most older anime have been liscenced, so distribution of the torrents have ceased for legal reasons.
Old 2007-08-06, 22:14   Link #3
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
From my experience such a thing doesn't exist. The best you can do is find personal websites with reviews of various anime. This is because many anime have split opinions, and they are vastly different opinions. Some examples are Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Elfen Lied, and Suzuka. This means that the more detail you want, then the more opinions you want, not facts, and opinions are biased. If you want to be specific I can give you examples of which anime is good (in my opinion, of course). If you want, I could also explain my top ten list (in my signature) and tell you why I think they're good. Of course, other people will have different opinions than I do.

If you want a general consensus without any detailed opinions, then you can try:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ings-anime.php

You can also click on each anime to see a brief synopsis then decide if you want to watch it or not. That's the best you can do. I have this problem too, but use the suggestions forum if you want to ask how good an anime is. Just note that the more details you want, the more spoilers you'll read.
Old 2007-08-07, 20:58   Link #4
Tyrtaeus

thanks Kholdstare, thats quite helpful, nice and clear. I guess i might go ahead and look for suggestions here.
Old 2007-08-08, 04:36   Link #5
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Here's a nice poll happened several months ago...

this is the thread of discussions

2006 favorite series

and these are the results and the site where it happened..(from lowest to highest ranked aka ascending order... )

1st Wave
2nd Wave
3rd Wave
4th Wave
Final Wave
Old 2007-08-08, 09:15   Link #6
BladeStone

Quote:
Originally Posted by capture View Post

and these are the results and the site where it happened..(from lowest to highest ranked aka ascending order... )
Those links rocked!
Old 2007-08-09, 13:55   Link #7
Tyrtaeus

Thats an excellent link, capture. Thanks!

(but IMHO Ghost Hunt should have been ALOT higher than 45th -_- . I guess that means that one can find good things even though they aren't in the top 5. Interesting.)
Old 2007-08-09, 15:35   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I started with the top-rated shows at AniDB. It wasn't hard to pick half-a-dozen series that seemed compatible with my tastes and worth watching. It all just exploded from there.
Old 2007-08-10, 17:51   Link #9
devildog23
Summerlurking

Well if you didn't know about this already, try this link.

http://www.animenfo.com/statistic/top.php?type=anime

Thats like the top 191 anime and you can browse by category too, like this link is comedy category, just select a genre at the top.
Closed Thread