Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-09-10, 13:58   Link #701
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I ran across a problem with Nico nico

I upgraded to firefox 3 and some flash videos on certain sites would not work
smilevideo turned out to be one of them
the problem was Ad block and Ad block Plus are bugged in firefox 3 but its not well known
so turn that off if you are having log in problems

anyway, I posted my first video, didnt have time to animate it, oh well but u can look at it
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4586318

I left out the subs on purpose, Ill add those to the youtube one though later this week

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2008-09-10 at 14:56.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 14:35   Link #702
Rembr

It's a community douga?
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 14:57   Link #703
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I thought that meant open to the public
I fixed'D it
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 15:23   Link #704
Rembr

You might want to put a comment on there so that it gets listed on the newly arrived. Although I'm not sure anyone would take notice since it's 5 a.m. over there.
Old 2008-09-13, 23:24   Link #705
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I know it isn't just me, but how many have realized that the new arrivals section has practically froze up?

It's so annoying... Everything gets deleted before they even make it...

More than that, what's the reason for this...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 09:12   Link #706
Rembr

http://blog.nicovideo.jp/niconews/2008/09/001806.html
Old 2008-09-15, 09:07   Link #707
Farplaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I know it isn't just me, but how many have realized that the new arrivals section has practically froze up?
Yup, had the same problem yesterday. Seems to work fine now though?
Farplaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 21:19   Link #708
Farplaner

>_> "Education Anime"

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4643809

This has me rolling on the floor...
Old 2008-09-18, 14:40   Link #709
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Bohemian Rhapsody, Engrish Style... I was on the floor most of the time thru this....
^_^

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4667272

Oh, btw... somewhat related topic. My tried and (used to be) true method of getting the .flv from niconico has been futzed with evidently by niconico... In the Firefox cache, I could always get the cached file, make a copy, rename it to <filename>.flv and bam. standalone video. Now, right when the video finishes caching (i.e. the little grey bar makes it all the way to the end) the cache file (something similar to 880F6724d01) completely disappears. Where do it go? it HAS to go somewhere...

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 17:33   Link #710
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika-chama View Post
Bohemian Rhapsody, Engrish Style... I was on the floor most of the time thru this....
^_^

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4667272
this is an epic song, and a quite awesome cover. But I see a good number of these, like a person records one part by their self and someone mixes them all together.

I have a question, how in the world do they organize this? Do they have a mixi community or organize it on ameba... How do they do it? I think these are really awesome, especially when they use the 4 different screen in one and show every person. Lets not forget the random animal masks and sometimes cat tails, lol.

Anyone know how do those crazy guys do it?

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 19:17   Link #711
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

... ... ... I am in awe. If you ever just barely heard of the game touhou and liked even one of its songs, you need to watch this! This is a god-like piano player playing zun's songs. They are from the touhou game imperishable night (my personal favorite touhou game, but the new one is giving it a run for its money...), and he threw dona dona in there, lol. Well most of the touhou meme songs you hear are from this game... not all, but most. This is really a gifted piano player, it makes me realize how gifted zun (the games creator, programmer and composer) his self is for composing these songs! I seriously recommend this.

Just a warning its 17 minutes. But its a medley... this guy plays extremely advanced piano for 17 minutes... I was so amazed. Uhm, if you never played the game, you might not be able to tell the songs apart, they are blended together very well!

As I type I'm on my third listen... subarashii... I hope you guys check this one out, its really special.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 02:22   Link #712
bayoab

This is not impressive in overall quality, but in scope. Someone has finally Yugioh-ized the entire Ryuuseigun. I found it hard to sit through all 14 minutes of it as there are some parts that are just repeating the same word or two over and over and over. However, it covers every Yugioh series, gets almost half of the memes in there, and has a few nice mashups. The author was however, clearly short on originality as the majority of the well done sections had been done before (and he admits to getting his ideas from them).
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 08:29   Link #713
Tabris

Oh God, my brother was just watching a music channel when an advert for clubland came up.

It had the speedycake remix of Caramelldansen on it. The only thing I could think was wtf? I turned around to see what was going on and it had godawful tackyass bratz looking characters doing the dance.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 09:47   Link #714
Farplaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigenbakuda View Post
... ... ... I am in awe. If you ever just barely heard of the game touhou and liked even one of its songs, you need to watch this! This is a god-like piano player playing zun's songs
I just watched this. Definitely was amazing!

I also watched this today Tamura Yukari teaching us all anime phrases in English!

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2907873
Old 2008-09-22, 20:12   Link #715
Rembr

When you make videos, do take it at least this far:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4444373
Old 2008-09-30, 03:33   Link #716
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4770623

Mesubuta interviewing the niconico medley series creator Shimo-san

I've listened to the whole thing and it was... unko tte kanji da yo ne~
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 02:38   Link #717
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

New version, ニコニコ動画(秋), goes live(?).

A buncha new things (again), which you can find the list here.

I'll do a quick translation for the layout change one, since most other features are more aimed toward Japanese viewers. (Maybe except that ai sp@ce thing, but I'm too lazy to try to find out exactly what the hell it is.)

Layout Change
- Theme of the current layout is "first view"--What you first see when the page's loaded.

[Removed]
- Weather prediction icon
- Random search (may pop up in another form later on)
- 右上 (may pop up later on in another spot)

[Location Changed]
- Videos watched recently page moved to within MyPage (...Well damn I uses that feature a lot. =\ )
- Info of the video moved to the bottom of the page, below the video itself

[Video Page]
- Uploader comment, blog links, etc. - those are all "initially hidden" so you have to actually hit the blue link to show the whole thing. (If you choose to have it open, it'll stay opened for all the other videos you view until you choose to close it.)
- Play button: You gotta click the play button for the video to play now. Premium members can set it back to how it was original and it'll auto-play upon loading.

[Search Result]
- Nicopedia and Nico Nicommunity will now also show up in search result.
- Something about a 2 column and 4 column search result listing, haven't tried yet.

This layout change is taking a while to get used to, took a while before I found where the Add to MyList drop-down is. orz
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 03:31   Link #718
wao
OK.

I haven't been to niconico much at all the past few weeks* but wow! I like these new changes.

Especially
the "hide description" thing! THANK YOU. I have always been annoyed at people who write incredibly long space-consuming line-break-filled descriptions and you have to freaking scroll down to see the video at all, which shouldn't be how it is (it got worse with those blog embed things... it's irrelevant to most viewers and should only be available when needed) That was one aspect I preferred in youtube's layout, where the description is at the side.
Personally I'd still rather have it that way on nico too, but it's not possible with the comments and other tabs, which are fine where they are (and I doubt the effectiveness of relegating the description to a tab).

The Mylist thing wasn't much of a problem for me as it's roughly along the same lines... but I used to use that "last viewed videos" option frequently too, pity it's buried now. I kinda miss the bar at the top I suppose, though I blocked the billboard.swf thing on it anyway...

Also I like that the video doesn't start until you tell it to because it's a pain opening a bunch of videos and having to rush to the tab to pause it before it starts blaring (worse when you reopen a crashed session )

*YES! YES! I have successfully gotten over my NND addiction! And in good time as I have final exams in a month. I can proudly declare I have not even thought about the rankings or anything niconico for that matter for 2 weeks straight. ...yeah whatever.
Old 2008-10-01, 05:20   Link #719
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
the video uploaders will be pissed. there are enough goofballs that ask stupid questions without reading the movie description, and there will be more of them now....
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 09:54   Link #720
Farplaner

It appears you can't search anymore unless you log in (the search box wouldn't appear). Not a big deal either way, just an observation...

Tags
video