AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2015-03-17, 12:49   Link #21
monster

I suppose the issue with Firefox (using Flash for some and HTML5 for others), like sneaker said, also has to do with the YouTube settings.

As for Waterfox, maybe it's a browser identification issue. Video not showing up at all, whether in Flash or in HTML5, doesn't seem right.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 14:56   Link #22
sneaker

Cisco OpenH264 is useless for Youtube.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 08:14   Link #23
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If I disable Flash in Firefox, I can still watch YouTube videos. What else would be decoding them if it isn't the Cisco codec?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 08:29   Link #24
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
If I disable Flash in Firefox, I can still watch YouTube videos. What else would be decoding them if it isn't the Cisco codec?
Since I couldn't watch any YouTube videos after older versions of flash were blocked by firefox the likelihood of being able to play YouTube videos without flash will be a big fat zero (the addition of the cisco openH264 video codec was to fix other issues with 60fps HD videos if I remember correctly).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 12:20   Link #25
sneaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Either the embed VP8/VP9 decoder of Firefox or the OS' H.264 decoder. Right-click the video and open the "stats for nerds" (or similar). There will be a hint about what format is used. If under MIME type it lists "video/mp4" it is using your system H.264 codec, if it's "video/webm" it's using VP8/VP9 embed into Firefox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Since I couldn't watch any YouTube videos after older versions of flash were blocked by firefox the likelihood of being able to play YouTube videos without flash will be a big fat zero (the addition of the cisco openH264 video codec was to fix other issues with 60fps HD videos if I remember correctly).
Cisco is only there for video chat (WebRTC) if I remember correctly. It is very limited and can't be used for Youtube.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 05:28   Link #26
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

The old Youtube tag has been updated and the test tag removed. The change should propagate across the forum as the post cache is recycled. I don't anticipate problems with the change, but use this thread to report those you find. I was going to do everything in one hit, but the new tag will be changed later; its configuration is not part of the forum software and I don't have time update it right now.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 08:20   Link #27
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Thank you NightWish. The Youtube videos now load as intended.