AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-19, 19:57   Link #6121
static-flare

Anyone realized the previous episode contains no footage of zeno-sama at all?
static-flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 22:34   Link #6122
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
I hope, Toei will not introduce an Ultra Instinct Broly ! In fact I hate this character and I don't get Toei's obsession with him. Is it because Broly was introduced by Toei and wasn't originate from Akira Toriyama's work?
After all, they personally asked Toriyama to include Kale as the new version of Broly. Then they made the infamous episode where SSB Goku get his ass kicked by Kale. It was such a stupid move that it almost took away my desire to watch the rest of DBS.
Every movie where Broly appear were so boring! It was just 20 minute of Broly one-sidedly trashing everybody until he is taken down by one combined move at the end. That's the plot of every freaking movie where Broly appeared in. Its much better to skip the whole movie and just watch the climax.
Not to mention, Broly has no personality or character! Seriously, holding a grudge over Goku and trying to get revenge over him for just crying louder than him as baby. That is definitely silliest characterization in Dragonball.
Can Toei just let go off their obsession over keeping Broly as the strongest Saiyan ? Its like Broly is one rival that Toei absolutely doesn't want Goku to suppress.
Honestly, I think many people would love an equal fight between Goku and Broly. I would love to see Goku beating Broly fair & squire.
Toei want to add a Broly like character because the many fan like him, and they design Kale but without Broly's personality and bring her to Tori, Tori agree and decide to create Caulifla
Old 2018-03-20, 11:23   Link #6123
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

What do you think of this? Will Frieza... go good?
Old 2018-03-20, 12:20   Link #6124
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

He might pretend to be good for while, but there's no way he would actually become a good guy in the span of 48 minutes. Especially when he's been acting like an asshole the whole tournament.
Old 2018-03-20, 13:03   Link #6125
SidVicious
Anime addict

Teaser for the movie:

https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/st...55548457447424

Edit: Global release in december, not just in Japan.
Old 2018-03-20, 13:39   Link #6126
RDNexus

Artstyle change, eh? Let us see how it mat fare
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 13:47   Link #6127
grecefar

Lol I was specting goku doing a shaft pose.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 15:53   Link #6128
sayde

Oh wow. The first thing that jumped out at me was the animation. It's clear this movie is benefiting from having some of the one-piece animators help out with this. Seeing Goku doing those hops never looked sexier. And then there's the antagonist.

Is that Yamoshi after all? Looks pretty hype.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 16:25   Link #6129
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Goodbye "Tekken Goku"
Old 2018-03-20, 17:06   Link #6130
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I watched the new episode a bit ago.

So Goku wasn't knocked out of the ring, and all that happened was that the true Ultra Instinct gave him a huge backlash? I wonder if he can fix this through training. I hope he can.

I'm glad 17 didn't self-destruct. Now I hope Universe 7 wins and they wish all of the universes back.

Anyway, yeah, the preview for the movie looks good. If it's about Yamoshi being revived, then maybe we'll hear the story about the Saiyans' origins and about he became the first Super Saiyan and also the first Super Saiyan God from him? Would be interesting if so.
Old 2018-03-20, 17:28   Link #6131
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Might as well ask if Vegeta ever let go of his pride?
Old 2018-03-20, 18:27   Link #6132
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The enemy from the trailer seems to have the green haired transformation. Not sure it's Yamoshi, because wasn't he supposed to be good?
Old 2018-03-20, 18:29   Link #6133
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Might as well ask if Vegeta ever let go of his pride?
Well he has at least demonstrated his willingness to turn his pride from himself as prince of Saiyans to just Saiyans in general, what with his long spiel about why Goku would still own everyone. And one could set up a scenario where Frieza temporarily finds being a good guy to be beneficial to him. How long it'd last or whether they'd be able to pull off some sort of transformation afterward where he just gets too used to it and starts his own tsun "it's all part of my plan" thing is anyone's guess.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 21:11   Link #6134
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not sure it's Yamoshi, because wasn't he supposed to be good?
Yeah I think so. But even if he's not Yamoshi, if some previous battles throughout Super are anything to go by, we might need to avoid immediately assuming he's evil just because he's fighting Goku. Given that they're both Saiyans, I'd say its just as likely that they ultimately end up fighting for fun.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 23:12   Link #6135
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Imagine the horror that Frieza live at Bulma's house.

Bulma: Trunks, call Uncle Frieza.
Trunks: Uncle Frieza. Good day.
Frieza: Hohohoho, such politeness from the monkey. Good. I like this.
Vegeta: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 03:04   Link #6136
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Yeah I think so. But even if he's not Yamoshi, if some previous battles throughout Super are anything to go by, we might need to avoid immediately assuming he's evil just because he's fighting Goku. Given that they're both Saiyans, I'd say its just as likely that they ultimately end up fighting for fun.
Another point, even if is Yamoshim he was in the better of cases only SSG, so at least that Original SSG is more powerful that Blue and shit, is a problem.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 03:24   Link #6137
Idealist 99

Quote:
The enemy from the trailer seems to have the green haired transformation. Not sure it's Yamoshi, because wasn't he supposed to be good?
I hope its not Broly, he and Kale are the only Saiyans with green color aura.
The last thing we need is MUI Goku getting his ass kicked by Broly or any other "Legendary Super Saiyan" for 50 minute before he/she is taken down by a combined attack.
Old 2018-03-21, 04:25   Link #6138
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Something could have corrupted him.
Old 2018-03-21, 05:00   Link #6139
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
My Kami, I hope not.

Also that quote was so weird. That describes better some more recent shonen protagonists - Naruto and Luffy, mostly, with their "friend magnet" personalities. But Goku? I wouldn't really say he fits. His crew is a ragtag bunch of previous rivals and enemies, true, but they mostly were gathered by sheer necessity, or by their desire to stick to Goku merely for the sake of a rematch (until they were left so far behind in the dust they sorta had to let that go).

Krillin's the only one that he really built a friendship with. Yamcha, Tien, Chaotzu and Piccolo just stuck around for various reasons, but they were always their own. Many of them trust Goku's strength, but it's not quite the same as saying they're really his friends. Piccolo is mostly attached to Gohan, Yamcha was Bulma's boyfriend for a long time, #18 is married to Krillin and #17 is #18's brother, so there's a network of relationships holding them together, but it's not like, say, #17 and Tien would have anything to share or say to each other. The other true frenemy of Goku is of course Vegeta, who by the way besides Bulma and his own family has pretty piss poor relationships with everyone else.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 05:39   Link #6140
Idealist 99

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Nope!
Piccolo and Vegeta became good because they found somebody they cared about, Vegeta found Bulma and Piccolo got attached to Gohan.
But the problem with Freeza is that there is nobody he actually loves, not even his own family or race. The only thing Freeza cares about is himself and nothing else.
Unless the show can introduce somebody that Freeza genuinely loves, he is staying evil for good.

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy