AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 4 36.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 9.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-09-05, 16:51   Link #21
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Can we talk about Ruruka's death? Man, that was brutal. It wasn't like all the previous victims, her body shows evident signs of torture. Why would the culprit kill her in such a horrific way. There are cuts all over her body, her are eyes bleeding, she seems to also have been strangled, and to add insult to the injury the killer put a candy on her mouth.
See my post above yours - It would fit all 3 :
Chisa, Izayoi and Seiko as well.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 17:02   Link #22
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Yeah, I see what you mean, but honestly, I think there's only one culprit. Only, the killer isn't among them.

You can see a monitor flashing in the area where Ruruka's dead body lies. This is how I think the culprit got to her despite the fact she blocked the only exit door. But since we now know the truth behind this building, there's no doubt the killer knows all the secret passages that allow to get from the one area to the other fast.

As for why the culprit would kill Ruruka in such a brutal way, I think this is due because her selfish actions. Simply put, the killer thought she deserved to pay for her sins in the most horrific way imaginable.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 17:09   Link #23
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Yeah, I see what you mean, but honestly, I think there's only one culprit. Only, the killer isn't among them.

You can see a monitor flashing in the area where Ruruka's dead body lies. This is how I think the culprit got to her despite the fact she blocked the only exit door. But since we now know the truth behind this building, there's no doubt the killer knows all the secret passages that allow to get from the one area to the other fast.

As for why the culprit would kill Ruruka in such a brutal way, I think this is due because her selfish actions. Simply put, the killer thought she deserved to pay for her sins in the most horrificl way imaginable.
As I said it was just a brain fart that needed to get out.
I personally think its Chisa as she has more than enough reasons to get medieval on that corpse considering how Ruruka nonchalently killed her own lover.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 17:34   Link #24
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

Chisa's forbidden action: Kyosuke Munakata dies.

Yeah, sure. Let's give her that and then kill her first. Because what is there to suspect about a forbidden action that deals with the death of another person?

This means there are only two ways to end this:

1. Either Munakata is killed, or...

2. Someone isn't actually sleeping and catches the killer off-guard. Namely...
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 17:51   Link #25
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You know the thing is the only person left whose NG code we don't know about is Munataka.
So we know Juzou wasn't the attacker - he couldn't have been since Ruruka wouldn't have died then.
We don't know Mitarai's code either. And its not outside the realm of possibility that Juzo managed to get one more murder off (for Munakata!) and his overall state could explain why the corpse wasn't suspended. Chisa also told him she would gladly die for Munakata twice already; killing her removes him from suspicion and takes a potential (NG) liability off the board.

SHSL make up artist would feel like an asspull, and I really can't buy the reasons for Chisa turning despair. Maybe I'm wrong, and Hajime/Izuru will kill Nanami in front of her later in the week or something and she'll break completely, but as of right now I'm leaning towards:

Juzo is attacker
Asahina is traitor
Nanami is mastermind
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 17:55   Link #26
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Only one person died in this episode.

Two are unconscious, but fine.

The other was an android, so it almost doesn't count.

Do you honestly think Munakata would actually kill Juzo? Take a close look, the blade was heated enough to cauterize the wound.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 17:55   Link #27
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 34
So instead of going on wide goose chases based on no evidence whatsoever, I think I'll just count actual existing evidence and see if it leads anywhere.

-There were supposedly 9 survivors at the start of the episode. If the robot girl counts as one of them, there were actually 8 people inside the complex. Naegi, Asahina, Kirigiri, Mitarai, Sakakura, Munakata, sweets girl and robot girl. Ergo, the numbers do not add up. There are some possibilities, but I'm not going to speculate here because conclusive evidence does not exist.
-The murderer has been able to kill people despite any barriers and barricades.
-Munakata supposedly knows the truth, and for some reason this causes him to go on a killing spree. Including Sakakura for reasons I simply do not understand.
-They are in an exact replica of the building somewhere below sea level, under the actual building. Said building was built by Munakata.
-All the forbidden actions are designed with specific purposes. Either as an inconvenience, or to guarantee that certain people will die at certain times. For this one I'm going to speculate a little and say that everything so far has gone exactly as the mastermind predicted.
-If Munakata knows the truth, then by extension, Tengan had to at some point have been in a position to find out the truth.
-Mitarai is the only one left whose forbidden action is unclear.
-Kirigiri has been keeping notes, likely to prepare for this moment.
-Monaca's robot had a record of all the forbidden actions.
-Something is happening at Jabberwock Island.

The thing that bothers me most is the unknown reason why Munakata still insists on that killing spree.
There might be some facts I missed or forgot. There are a lot of pieces to the puzzle but there still aren't any ones that link everything together. Despite being left with only four possible culprits, it's impossible to substantiate any kind of claim with any kind of evidence.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 17:58   Link #28
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
We don't know Mitarai's code either. And its not outside the realm of possibility that Juzo managed to get one more murder off (for Munakata!) and his overall state could explain why the corpse wasn't suspended. Chisa also told him she would gladly die for Munakata twice already; killing her removes him from suspicion and takes a potential (NG) liability off the board.

SHSL make up artist would feel like an asspull, and I really can't buy the reasons for Chisa turning despair. Maybe I'm wrong, and Hajime/Izuru will kill Nanami in front of her later in the week or something and she'll break completely, but as of right now I'm leaning towards:

Juzo is attacker
Asahina is traitor
Nanami is mastermind
Nanami being the mastermind is something I said would be LOL too last week .

As for Juzo while him being alive is still possible I doubt he is the attacker. There is no reason for him to mess Ruruka up like that and stuff her with sweets. If he had that much of a grudge against her he'd killed her during the regular wake time already.
Re-Killing chisa also means nothing given how we have no proof it really was Chisa's corpse to begin with.^


Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So instead of going on wide goose chases based on no evidence whatsoever, I think I'll just count actual existing evidence and see if it leads anywhere.

-There were supposedly 9 survivors at the start of the episode. If the robot girl counts as one of them, there were actually 8 people inside the complex. Naegi, Asahina, Kirigiri, Mitarai, Sakakura, Munakata, sweets girl and robot girl. Ergo, the numbers do not add up. There are some possibilities, but I'm not going to speculate here because conclusive evidence does not exist.
-The murderer has been able to kill people despite any barriers and barricades.
-Munakata supposedly knows the truth, and for some reason this causes him to go on a killing spree. Including Sakakura for reasons I simply do not understand.
-They are in an exact replica of the building somewhere below sea level, under the actual building. Said building was built by Munakata.
-All the forbidden actions are designed with specific purposes. Either as an inconvenience, or to guarantee that certain people will die at certain times. For this one I'm going to speculate a little and say that everything so far has gone exactly as the mastermind predicted.
-If Munakata knows the truth, then by extension, Tengan had to at some point have been in a position to find out the truth.
-Mitarai is the only one left whose forbidden action is unclear.
-Kirigiri has been keeping notes, likely to prepare for this moment.
-Monaca's robot had a record of all the forbidden actions.
-Something is happening at Jabberwock Island.

The thing that bothers me most is the unknown reason why Munakata still insists on that killing spree.
There might be some facts I missed or forgot. There are a lot of pieces to the puzzle but there still aren't any ones that link everything together. Despite being left with only four possible culprits, it's impossible to substantiate any kind of claim with any kind of evidence.
We also don't know Munataka's NG Code yet.
As for the number of Survivors there are other explainations such as Hagakure counting in that shouldn't be ignored.
However I am more on the 'Someone dead is still alive' train.- chisa's death was too sudden and too random, especially going by the way she narrates Despair.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-09-05 at 18:14.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 18:17   Link #29
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
How about we discuss why Miaya robot has a tablet with information of everyone NG codes in its body? If you say, Monaca collected them when everyone is sleeping, why mastermind allowed it?

It should be noted that Mastermind should be someone who is good at technology to be able to create those poison bracelets.

About Chisa, Munakata already re-killed her. If that was fake body then who died in her place? 16th participant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight

Do you honestly think Munakata would actually kill Juzo? Take a close look, the blade was heated enough to cauterize the wound.
It also cut his spine.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 18:18   Link #30
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Kirigiri's left hand looks like she was holding onto something. Probably the bottle of Cure W she took from Seiko.

Now people are going to ask, how can we be sure the cure worked? Bitch please, Seiko isn't regarded as the Ultimate PHARMACIST for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
About Chisa, Munakata already re-killed her. If that was fake body then who died in her place? 16th participant?
Or the absent 13th branch head. Aoi was sent as the substitute to attend the hearing.

Or maybe is a replica of her. There's actually someone who can make exact replicas of anybody.

Quote:
It also cut his spine.
Nah man, we cant' be sure about that.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 18:25   Link #31
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
How about we discuss why Miaya robot has a tablet with information of everyone NG codes in its body? If you say, Monaca collected them when everyone is sleeping, why mastermind allowed it?

It should be noted that Mastermind should be someone who is good at technology to be able to create those poison bracelets.

About Chisa, Munakata already re-killed her. If that was fake body then who died in her place? 16th participant?



It also cut his spine.
The problem is just that Seiko should no longer have that Cure W as Munataka had it earlier to treat his wounds.
As for Miaya Robot she might have simply scanned the bracelets. Its a cheap explaination. The other thing is whether Monaka actually was the one killing Miaya. The answer was a bit strange compared to the question Komari asked imho. (Leasst in the official translation)

Going back to Chisa - you don't need someone to die in her place. The corpse itself could be fake to begin with - there is no way to tell with the Make Up artist having been introduced in the Manga.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 18:29   Link #32
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
The bottle Munakata took likely wasn't the same. Besides, I don't think as a pharmacist Seiko would keep only one bottle.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 18:31   Link #33
Chosen_Hero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Kirigiri is alive, if there is anything i've learned from anime is that the mangakas/directors/writers are afraid to commit to truly killing one of the main girls in a series, especially after baiting as hard as this episode did. Just watch and see how she appears and just starts on her whole explaination on who the true mastermind is in the last few episodes.

Don't believe me?

1) She is the only one who has been investigating the situation, so none of this will be resolved without her input.

2) She has possibly the strongest plot armor of the series thanks to her dad, especially considering that she was just saved last episode only to die in this one? Bullshit.

3) Again, the hard ship baiting in the episode it was so blatant it was so blatant I couldn't have rolled my eyes hard enough.

4) The contrast being done with Naegi and Munakata, I mean come on, could they more clearly telling you that their stories will end on different sides of the spectrum? One will lose everything, while the other one won't 'cause hope.
__________________

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-09-05 at 18:42.
Chosen_Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 18:33   Link #34
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Making someone who never appeared in the story before (13th branch head) a mastermind is bad writing IMO, there should be some hint about that person's identity beforehand.

Also why didn't Seiko use that medicine on herself? and Kirigiri has never seen that medicine in work or know what it use for. How did she know that it can keep her alive?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 18:36   Link #35
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Also why didn't Seiko use that medicine on herself? and Kirigiri has never seen that medicine in work or know what it use for. How did she know that it can keep her alive?
She doesn't know, it's a gamble.

And we also have a good dose of foreshadowing with Seiko saying "I couldn't save anyone" while looking at the bottle of Cure W she's holding.

Speaking of which, maybe the "W" written on the tag is for "Woman".
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 18:42   Link #36
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Read My Sig :)
none of these essays above me make any sense lol
__________________
~Anime Songs Chord~
latest update 1 September 2016
ninjastarforcex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 18:53   Link #37
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Nanami being the mastermind is something I said would be LOL too last week .

As for Juzo while him being alive is still possible I doubt he is the attacker. There is no reason for him to mess Ruruka up like that and stuff her with sweets. If he had that much of a grudge against her he'd killed her during the regular wake time already.
Re-Killing chisa also means nothing given how we have no proof it really was Chisa's corpse to begin with.
I dunno, I'd imagine Juzo is a bit bitter if he is still alive. But I don't think he'd be able to do much more than set the stage for Munakata and die off.

As far as Nanami, Junko needs another otaku since Mitarai ran away. Particularly one that can introduce her to the wonder of 8-bit gaming. And considering continuity with DR0 I don't really think Ryota is coming back.

I guess we'll see but honestly I don't see them rehashing the same twists they've already done nor do I see them introducing a major plot point like SHSL make up artist only in the manga. Plus the theme in Future has been a lot closer to UDG as far as black hope/white despair and Monokuma being very hands off.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 19:16   Link #38
devilo96
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
The only way to save kirigiri....ask the Mc from dagan 2....to cure her because the mc from dagan 2 have all talent
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 19:22   Link #39
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
I just realized Kirigiri brewed some tea before they all went to sleep. So this is how she got the antidote.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-05, 19:50   Link #40
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Read My Sig :)
i swear if kirigiri escape death with cure w that will be so cheap and disappointing
__________________
~Anime Songs Chord~
latest update 1 September 2016
ninjastarforcex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.