AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 3 30.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 30.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-09-26, 12:39   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv165
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 31
Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 12 Discussion [END] / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa 3: Future Arc, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 12:59   Link #2
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
We still haven't got all the answers.

But...

Spoiler for 12:
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 13:04   Link #3
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv165
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 31
To be more accurate:
Spoiler:


Disappointment is quite an understatement at this point.
__________________
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 13:08   Link #4
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
You may be disappointed, but for me this episode was pretty eventful and I really enjoyed it.

Spoiler for spoiler:


I believe there's still a final twist in store.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 13:13   Link #5
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv165
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 31
It wasn't eventful at all to me for the following reasons
Spoiler:
__________________
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 13:18   Link #6
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Please let Nagito come in and screw things up in the name of HOPE! xD
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 13:29   Link #7
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 30
'I used to think I couldn't be more dissatisfied than when junko or Chisa weren't the culrpits then I took this episode to the knee.'

This pretty much sums up everything I got to say o this

This misses pretty much everything - starting from a proper motive, to meaningful characters (srsly what did Kirigiri die for?) to a non-questionable end. Feeling no remorse to not have played DR2 here - the wrapup I was expecting is imho totally missing; Hope video being brodcasted or not.

Not really sure if I should actually buy DR V3 after this asspull.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 13:37   Link #8
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv165
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 31
Again, I sincerely believe Junko or Chisa being the culprit would be pretty bad because
-Junko was confirmed dead so many times in the lore, and it would be questionable that even the FF would fail to confirm her corpse with DNA check and whatnot. More importantly, narrative wise, it would just make Junko's existence quite cheap if she was as resilient as Megaman X Sigma and other baddies that don't know when to die. Junko has a threatening cult exactly because she is dead, so she leaves a legacy for other people for sake of despair.
-Chisa being the culprit would be terrible solely due to how it wouldn't make sense for her to lurk and "convert" Kyosuke while dying right from the get go, and the fact she "is actually alive!" would incur a flat plot inconsistency when you have so many people who saw her corpse and Kyouko checking the corpse thoroughly.

Honestly, I expected either Nagito, Kyosuke or Makoto to be the culprit. The former for planning yet another twisted "clashing hopes in utter despair so the ultimate hope would shine brightly at the end of the day" while the latter two suffering from split personality induced by a traitor (here, chisa for example) and whatnot.

The real culprit identity isn't exactly that surprising after all, but the motive itself is probably the biggest bogus of Future arc by a long shot.
__________________
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 13:54   Link #9
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Probably because we still haven't been told everything. Have you guys forgotten there's still one final episode next Thursday?

Sincerely,

Spoiler for spoiler:
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 14:00   Link #10
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Oh wait are we still using spoilers...

Spoiler for Hope?:

Last edited by stray; 2016-09-26 at 14:06. Reason: Spoils
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 14:03   Link #11
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Again, I sincerely believe Junko or Chisa being the culprit would be pretty bad because
-Junko was confirmed dead so many times in the lore, and it would be questionable that even the FF would fail to confirm her corpse with DNA check and whatnot. More importantly, narrative wise, it would just make Junko's existence quite cheap if she was as resilient as Megaman X Sigma and other baddies that don't know when to die. Junko has a threatening cult exactly because she is dead, so she leaves a legacy for other people for sake of despair.
-Chisa being the culprit would be terrible solely due to how it wouldn't make sense for her to lurk and "convert" Kyosuke while dying right from the get go, and the fact she "is actually alive!" would incur a flat plot inconsistency when you have so many people who saw her corpse and Kyouko checking the corpse thoroughly.

Honestly, I expected either Nagito, Kyosuke or Makoto to be the culprit. The former for planning yet another twisted "clashing hopes in utter despair so the ultimate hope would shine brightly at the end of the day" while the latter two suffering from split personality induced by a traitor (here, chisa for example) and whatnot.

The real culprit identity isn't exactly that surprising after all, but the motive itself is probably the biggest bogus of Future arc by a long shot.
I agree on the motive thing, which is pretty much why I disagree on the rest.
Both Junko and Chisa not only had motives, but both of them were somehow explainable as culprits.
- Leaving holes like never properly showing Junko's corpse and saying DR3s connected to killer killer (least someone said they said it was)to bring up the possibility of fake corpses in is just another one of those ass pulls.
The combination with the latter one especially since it was a meta addition to the mystery that tricked people into thinking stuff they might not have thought so otherwise (note: I am - not - saying I wouldn't have gone Chisa culrpit here; The solution would have been a proper mystery, and is a repeating thing in DR) - The only connection to Killer Killer I see atm though is that the victim there died by a single stab wound to the heart .

Connected to that, all those Cure W bottles around had 0 effect.
The only thing I can think about that would give them some use now would be if they ressurrected everyone using them in Hope Side (If this is even a thing to begin with) - which would imho be worse as it would make everything that happened meaningless.
You can't even call them a red hering anymore since both them being in use and them being not in use would at this point be totally meaningless.

In the end it came down to there having been more serious mysteries in both Fallout 4 and TES, as there the culprits at least had some higher motive in addition to the means.
Going by means alone - yes Kyousuke pretty much solved the mystery by saying tengan is the only one who could have done it.

Not sure if I am just mad for not listening to my own advice (which I even post here) to ignore all other DR media and solve this on its own or because this end makes me question whether I should bother spending time on a mystery game I was looking forward too (V3);
Pretty much unsure whether V3 wouldn't be a huge waste of money that will make me wish I'd bought a 3DS andf the PW 5 + 6, when I buy it.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 14:07   Link #12
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv165
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 31
Spoiler:


And I don't think anyone forgot about the remaining episode. However, it is the last episode of an entire franchise. There is no time for yet another plot twist before the final confrontation and epilogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I agree on the motive thing, which is pretty much why I disagree on the rest.
Both Junko and Chisa not only had motives, but both of them were somehow explainable as culprits.
- Leaving holes like never properly showing Junko's corpse and saying DR3s connected to killer killer (least someone said they said it was)to bring up the possibility of fake corpses in is just another one of those ass pulls.
It was -never stated- that Killer Killer was tied to DR3, and I don't know why you even go hell bent with that. They just clarified where Killer Killer was supposed to happen in the timeline, and that's about it. You are the one to blame about expecting fake corpse fooling people from a mere misunderstanding.
Quote:
The combination with the latter one especially since it was a meta addition to the mystery that tricked people into thinking stuff they might not have thought so otherwise (note: I am - not - saying I wouldn't have gone Chisa culrpit here; The solution would have been a proper mystery, and is a repeating thing in DR) - The only connection to Killer Killer I see atm though is that the victim there died by a single stab wound to the heart .
Again, you are the only one claiming DR is a proper mystery. Kodaka's teams do use a lot of foreshadowing and hints left and right, but you absolutely cannot claim it is a standard mystery to its truest sense. First and foremost, the games are mostly a battle of wits and so forth. There are too many elements that are witheld against the player during the investigations to find out the culprit of a case and you have to get the last pieces of evidence during the trials. That's not what a true mystery case works where everything is laid bare to the reader to figure out what's going on.

It is also why a lot of people, me included, just couldn't follow your train of thought: you keep insisting about "mystery case" despite it really isn't one.
__________________
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 14:09   Link #13
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Why so hasty?

Again, I tell you, we still have one more episode left to watch, that is likely going to give all the answers that were left out in this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler:


See? This is the part where I say it doesn't make any sense.

Spoiler for spoiler:


Side:Hope oughts to give us the answers this one hasn't.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 14:22   Link #14
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv165
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 31
And this is actually the very reason why it is bad writing. Even if it was "sabotaged" as you said, there was no reason for him to proceed with that plan with that risk in mind. And "if" the person behind the sabotage was the reason for the game to proceed, it makes even less sense for him not to tell the truth immediately.

Sabotage or not, the whole plan itself is arguably a farce in term of narrative.
__________________
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 14:32   Link #15
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
And this is actually the very reason why it is bad writing. Even if it was "sabotaged" as you said, there was no reason for him to proceed with that plan with that risk in mind. And "if" the person behind the sabotage was the reason for the game to proceed, it makes even less sense for him not to tell the truth immediately
Probably because the original plan was to trap everyone inside except Mitarai. Then there would have been no risk at all.

This is why I think the NG bangles wasn't Tengan's doing, nor the sleeping gas ball that started it all. Because what point there's in doing the later if the one person you doesn't want to be involved in a game that endangers his life is in the same room you are? Not to mention part of this deduction comes from Naegi and he may be right or wrong, or half-right and half-wrong.

I insist. They still haven't told us everything surrounding this mistery. This is what the final episode exists for, to give answers. I know Kodaka is better than this, and Hope has been described by them as the Perfect Ending.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 14:41   Link #16
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It was -never stated- that Killer Killer was tied to DR3, and I don't know why you even go hell bent with that. They just clarified where Killer Killer was supposed to happen in the timeline, and that's about it. You are the one to blame about expecting fake corpse fooling people from a mere misunderstanding.
I think someone stated in an earlier thread it was said that they would connect. - As I noted in the post though I would have gone for Chisa Culprit anyhow;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Again, you are the only one claiming DR is a proper mystery. Kodaka's teams do use a lot of foreshadowing and hints left and right, but you absolutely cannot claim it is a standard mystery to its truest sense. First and foremost, the games are mostly a battle of wits and so forth. There are too many elements that are witheld against the player during the investigations to find out the culprit of a case and you have to get the last pieces of evidence during the trials. That's not what a true mystery case works where everything is laid bare to the reader to figure out what's going on.
Personal opinion: When clues are given out doensn't really matter, as long as it is before the conclusion.
The overall mysteries were usually solvable prior to the trial though; Sometimes to a despairing obviousness other times it was hidden a lot better; The best example here Junko turning out to be the culprit in DR 1 - you got a small hint at the very beginning that got ignored or forgotten by many.
I for example ingored it at the point it was given because I was like 'Nice jab towards the model industry and people actually thinking they are not photoshopped'


Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is also why a lot of people, me included, just couldn't follow your train of thought: you keep insisting about "mystery case" despite it really isn't one.
I will agree to disagree on the bolded part - it was presented as a 'who did it' thing. It was definitely more of a mystery than some other stuff that actually sells itself as detective mystery on Kindle.
At the very leastt it made people want to think about the mystery, which is more than some more straight out detective mysteries do.

Edit: To rephrase it a bit:
My issue with this ending is that it comes off as a complete 'wtf?!' rather than a 'Well it turnes out I was wrong' - Proper or not its even arguable if the mystery was solvable at all with that kind of uhm... nose pulled motive.
Even Naegi or Asahina being the culprits would have been less strange than this.
But I guess we at least agree on the ending being bad writing due to Tengan's motive coming pretty much out of the air, especially when he could have abandoned everything when Mitari appeared.
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Twitch

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-09-26 at 15:27.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 15:13   Link #17
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
See? This is the part where I say it doesn't make any sense.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Side:Hope oughts to give us the answers this one hasn't.
From what we've seen in Despair it seems Mitarai and the analyst duo (Junko and Izuru) are more or less immune to SHSL mind control.

Like... if you work on editing porn videos all day you're going to be desensitized to it to a pretty high degree.

Side note but I'm sort of concerned I'm actually agreeing with you on a couple of things.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 15:18   Link #18
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Side note but I'm sort of concerned I'm actually agreeing with you on a couple of things.
Why does that concern you?

I'm curious. What things I did say do you agree.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 17:14   Link #19
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Why does that concern you?

I'm curious. What things I did say do you agree.
Still deciding. English subs would be nice too. But I do suspect there's going to be more twists incoming. Things could get very... weird in Hope side. Also, I'm still holding out for my dark horse.

Thursday needs to get here faster...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-26, 17:45   Link #20
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
ONe of the nicovideo tags tagged Tengan properly (Nagito Komaeda, old)
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.