AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 33 27.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 16.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 9.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 5.08%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-12, 02:17   Link #361
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I wonder if Alto bought groceries or that food has been stock for months.
They're in for a big surprise then.

The real sad thing is he's feeding Sheryl gormet crap. If it's your last meal, do it like Homer Simpson would. Ka-bleeewwwy! Not to mention Sheryl's probably used to food like that. Junk food binge, let her live a little for Pete's sake. It's not like her figure will go to hell if you let her have one Happy Meal.
Old 2008-09-12, 02:30   Link #362
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

For ONCE, Ranka has my attention... probably because it also involves Brera and their pasts. I'm extremely curious as to what will happen to them next episode.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-12, 02:37   Link #363
Deryns

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
For ONCE, Ranka has my attention... probably because it also involves Brera and their pasts. I'm extremely curious as to what will happen to them next episode.
She has managed to get my attention several times, unfortunately she has never managed to hold it. Let's see if she can break that pattern.
Old 2008-09-12, 02:40   Link #364
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post

****Sméagol is that you???.... now i see this as a pity shot. and i don't think Sheryl wants this image to be shown specially during her last moments ^^****

I guess people were too focused on Lion and Northern Star...

.........~~~i don't know if this has been pointed out before....

Spoiler for Sayonara?(this could be a big spoiler so don't click):

Spoiler for ....:
You're being insulting. There is nothing wrong with loving a character & feeling their pain as long as you dont let it stop you from moving on with your life. Its called compassion & empathy which most people posses. Sure they're not real but you invest emotion in them because you can relate to them in some way. They are created so that we, the viewers, can identify with them & learn from them. If people want to cry & whine, Then they have a right to, it doesnt automatically make them mentally unstable because of it.

OTOH, I agree with you abt the song, While I dont think it guarantees that she's gonna die, it definitely speaks of her current emotions & feelings. I think all of her songs have a sad wistful quality to them that basically tells us her story & reveals her uncertainties & pain cos she obviously wont directly tell anyone abt them. She uses her songs as a medium to get her pain across hoping there's someone out there who would finally notice.
Old 2008-09-12, 02:45   Link #365
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*Brought popcorns for all those that wants to stay on the sidelines in thi shipping thread*
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-12, 02:45   Link #366
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Lols... sorry i guess i was a being bit harsh ^^. well i said it's okay to cry... and when i mean invested heavily i meant obsession beyond normal or what is considered normal. Both side of the camps have their share... ^^.... gumenasai

Last edited by sekidousai; 2008-09-12 at 03:09.
Old 2008-09-12, 02:46   Link #367
Deryns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
*Brought popcorns for all those that wants to stay on the sidelines in thi shipping thread*
Does it have extra butter and salt?
Old 2008-09-12, 02:50   Link #368
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yup.

Is that drink on the house?

XD I need some good laugh after a depressing episode.. which I think the shipping war in this thread will provide
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-12, 02:50   Link #369
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNa
Do you also have beer to go with that?
Old 2008-09-12, 02:51   Link #370
magnuskn

Quote:
I guess i'm just one of those people that looks at the left when everyone is looking at the right..... a good habit IMHO so that you can prevent being run over by cars ^^.
Or maybe get into more danger of being run over, because you were looking at the wrong side. ^^
Old 2008-09-12, 02:56   Link #371
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn
Or maybe get into more danger of being run over, because you were looking at the wrong side. ^^
lols. you know what i mean....

if not then i meant "i like looking at differrent angles" and like what SMS is doing... Looking beyond the smoke and mirrors ^^.

i think i drank my beer too early too much ^^. ....
Old 2008-09-12, 03:04   Link #372
aneeshadc

Quote:
Lols... sorry i guess i was a being bit harsh ^^. well i said it's okay to cry... and when i mean invested heavily i meant obsession beyond normal or what is considered normal. Both side of the camps have their share... ^^.... gumenasai
I agree. its crazy to go overboard but u didnt exactly specify so ...well, sry If I overreacted, I'm too sleepy to react cautiously , no hard feelings?.....gdnite.hav a class at 8.00 tom, so .....
Old 2008-09-12, 03:16   Link #373
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
I'll have mine with caramel, please.

XD

*now, to wait for teh subs*
Old 2008-09-12, 03:34   Link #374
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

haha, got this silly thot - imagine they throw a "Zero" on us instead of "DYRL"

Spoiler:

juz some silly random thot.
Old 2008-09-12, 03:35   Link #375
magnuskn

Show of hands for those whose heart broke a little when they showed Chibi-Sheryl staring forlorn at the couple dining, while standing shivering in the street?

Man, Galaxy as a place to live must suck.
Old 2008-09-12, 03:35   Link #376
KiraYamatoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Agreed. Right now most of us are just feeling the pain that Sheryl is going through. We hate seeing our queen getting kicked to the curb with every passing episode.
The question needs to be asked: why would Kawamori likes to pick on Sheryl that much when she really doesn't deserve that much? Ranka clearly rather deserves to take worse than anything she has endured. From all the anime series I watched, I noticed that the producers working with a love triangle involving two girls as rivals (with one being younger) for one man seems to have a guilty pleasure of putting the oldest one into huge suffering rather than picking on the youngest one. Are they afraid to make the youngest one cry? Are they afraid the poor young one wouldn't be able to climb out of hell by herself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
The more I watch, the more I feel that Sheryl is a strong girl. Much stronger than Ranka will ever be.

But because she is strong, I feel Kawamori's just having his way with her. "Oh ho ho because you are Sheryl Nome, because you are strong, I am going to let you get the short end of the stick and I expect you'll be able to handle it." That's just brutal and unfair. So she's being mistreated because she's a WOMAN who's actually interesting and has personality?
If THAT is the excuse for making Sheryl suffer far more than what Ranka should receive, it would a very very POOR and LAME reason. Being a woman should NOT be a reason to pick on her character like that. I don't care if Ranka is still a little girl: if you play with women, then climb yourself out of hell in the same conditions damnit!

As I wrote earlier: at least in DYRL, Minmay took the worst of the hit when the three were tangled in that love triangle and it was (to me) a correct decision for once because it was well-deserved for her selfishness. If you asked me, they should have gone that way with Ranka, no hope at all of ending with Alto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Saw the episodes, a few thoughts:

Spoiler for 23:
Interesting point. Man, I still hate being toyed like that when watching an anime series.
Old 2008-09-12, 03:42   Link #377
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
*grabs one of the popcorns

oh well sekidousai, it is a drama and unfortunately a triangle coupling, i'm here to enjoy my feelings being wavered around and my anger aroused because of what the director do to my favourite characters.

no i don't need therapist thank you
Old 2008-09-12, 03:43   Link #378
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
But your not taking into account the context of her situation. Sheryl is dying & that is what has made her more obsessively self reliant than before. Before she knew she was dying she was willing to let alto into her life & take comfort from him on occasion without being clingy.... So there, I hope your lousy flame retardent suit wasnt strong enough to survive the heat of my flame.
Oh no, I'm fine. My suit is in working order, thanks!

Sheryl was NOT any less self reliant before now... She was MORESO! Like the head of the barnyard, strutting around. Pushing other's buttons and dragging Alto by his tie... being dismissive and superior. The illness knocked her down a peg and then Grace dumped her right into the fire! Only now that she's in that life or death situation is she willing to admit to her inner feelings and be held.

Sheryl is damaged goods, and no wonder! Thanks for nothing Grace! Some people come to a place that they shut others out in order to protect what they see as what's left of them. I work with a number of people like this to varying degrees... Heck, on SOME level, most people have at least a bit of this in the form of self-preservation. But Sheryl is one of those who's taken it to a damaging level where she needs to do some real inner work to regain herself, and only THEN will she be successful in reaching into others hearts in a lasting way.

She may never get that chance though... (Although I don't believe she'll die.) One can always hope.

As for Old Jeb, I said it was a joke... and so it remains, but I do still see some of that stubbornness in Sheryl.

Ranka OTOH, is a whole 'nuther ball 'o fun... Nice job getting yourself in danger again! Really well thought out plan... Oh, wait. You never plan! OY! Well Ranka, Ozma, SMS & the fleet are on their way to find you again. Good luck with that!

In the end, I still really like them both for opposite reasons... Let the ships sail on!
Old 2008-09-12, 04:25   Link #379
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really have no idea why some people expect an M7 ending, when the romance in this show is much more prominent than it ever was in M7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Alright folks. It's pretty obvious.
Ranka end.
Ranka end.

That can't be right *denial*

blah blah blah

Ranka x Alto end = DO NOT WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T MAKE OUR QUEEN CRY!!!
Kawamori has got you and Seifall in the palm of his hand
Old 2008-09-12, 04:33   Link #380
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I really have no idea why some people expect an M7 ending, when the romance in this show is much more prominent than it ever was in M7.
As I said some pages ago. And was ignored. <grumble>

To repeat:

"Honestly now, M7 had a very weak love "triangle". Basara ignored Mylene 99,9% of the time, Mylene was so immature it hurt and Gamlin was just that poor sod who always was running ( well, rather walking... running would have meant doing something energetic ) after Mylene. Quite pathetic.

M7 had the music as the primary part of the series, the antagonists as secondary and the romance tertiary. VERY tertiary.

Frontier has put the triangle up front, with the music being secondary and the antagonist tertiary. Of course at the end all the plot has to be resolved, so now the non-romantic parts are taking more prominence, but to leave the triangle unresolved would be to leave the foundation of the series unresolved. It won´t happen.

Unless we are looking at a second season. That would throw quite the spanner into all our discussions, eh?"