AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-02, 16:42   Link #101
Yolteotl
The Observer

Send a message via AIM to Yolteotl
The sound of the soul can be a powerful weapon of destruction or a soft blanket of warmth and comfort to others.
Yolteotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 04:18   Link #102
ItachiGT
Banned

An anime which can touches one soul.
I watched this series a few years ago.

BUt thing which bothers me is the ending. I don't quite understand ist, or does anyone?

Also pretty dissappointing the resonance here i must say.
This is a great story with a strong relatio to music. Just a wonderful complex anime.
ItachiGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 04:45   Link #103
Westlo
Lets be reality

What about the ending do you not understand?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 04:56   Link #104
ItachiGT
Banned

So Ayato finally became the "tuner". Does this mean that in the end we didn't see the Ayato we know but another one?

And what about Haruka Shitow? Isn't she dead?

Or is the end another timeline/dimension because Ayato "re-tuned" the world?

Sorry but i haveN't understand the last eps. at all^^

And my memories of this series is now a bit vanished.

But i came up with the idea of posting after i had heard some music of this series^^
Old 2007-07-03, 15:23   Link #105
kujoe
from head to heel

That is Ayato. Basically, he lives the life he would've lived if Tokyo Jupiter didn't happen. Take note that he has a painting of RahXephon, which suggests that he still has memories of the old world. His two friends are no longer Mu; his true mother becomes his daughter, and he and the others (e.g., Haruka) are still the same people more or less.

This is why the notion of art and music plays a role in the story: "tuning" is part reset, part re-imagination and creation all in one.

I assume that the other characters still exist in some way. Perhaps, he really has a twin brother this time around, or maybe Maya gets her wish to be Ayato's mother after all. Who knows? But this is just pure speculation on my part.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 15:52   Link #106
ItachiGT
Banned

Rofl sry, but that is somehow absolutley nonsense.......

So that: "yeaheaaa we all died but Ayato as tuner revive everyone and make everything about the Mu disappear........"

Hm ok^^

What is about the time-difference? Ah forgot, Ayato is like god so he can do as he wish^^

Thanks for your help.

But this is somewhat a disappointing ending for me........everything what happened before, well has no value at all, because Ayato can "tune" as he wish, hmmm
Old 2007-07-03, 16:23   Link #107
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Watch the Movie, it's easier to understand.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-03, 17:04   Link #108
ItachiGT
Banned

Perhaps i just don't like the ending.
Because this too much happy-ending^^.

I wished for something like that:

Everyone who died would still be dead.
Ayato becomes the Keeper of the time or sth. like that and tunes the world.
But he stays as a god.

And that what was shown in the end is a another timeline , another parallel-dimension to say it so.
ANd in that the Mu would never appear, since the new "god" erased them.
So what would happened if the Mu has never appeared in Ayato's life or in general!
Old 2007-07-03, 19:15   Link #109
kujoe
from head to heel

Forbin is right. Watch the movie.

The scenario you thought of is what more or less happens at the end of the movie.

The ending of the series is one big "happy end" indeed. The same goes for the movie, except with some minor (and major) differences. I think it was Oshii who said that RahXephon is essentially about one young guy trying to reunite himself with his girlfriend—which is actually true when you think about it.
Old 2007-07-03, 19:35   Link #110
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Well I wasn't a fan of this at first. It was an NGE ripoff for 2/3rds of the series. The dolems sincerely lacked any inspiration. BUT, the last 1/3rd was a wonderful end sequence, the love story was quite lovely to watch develop.

It has one of my favourite episodes standalone - Asahina's moment in the sun was outstanding
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 14:29   Link #111
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Forbin is right. Watch the movie.

The scenario you thought of is what more or less happens at the end of the movie.

The ending of the series is one big "happy end" indeed. The same goes for the movie, except with some minor (and major) differences. I think it was Oshii who said that RahXephon is essentially about one young guy trying to reunite himself with his girlfriend—which is actually true when you think about it.
Don't forget that he actually gets 'some' in the Movie.
Haruka's Relationship with him is better explained in the movie.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 15:16   Link #112
kujoe
from head to heel

That's because the movie has more of Haruka's story this time around. Not only do we see a different story, but we also see it from her point of view. If you've watched the series, there's no point in keeping the spoiler a secret anymore, so the shift in perspective makes the story more refreshing in that sense.

As for Ayato getting some, I found it strange that...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan
It has one of my favourite episodes standalone - Asahina's moment in the sun was outstanding
Episode 19, I presume? Same here. I even still remember the episode number.
Old 2007-07-04, 15:58   Link #113
Hazard

All right this is how I saw the ending. As we saw in a previous episode when Ayato was battling his fellow teammate he was able to turn back time. I think thats what he basically did at the end but this time in a much grander scale back to when the Mu first attacked and jupiter incident accured but this time he made it so it never happend. So he and Haruka would have continued to go out get married and have a child which looks like a reincarnation of Quon. Its not shown what happens to the other characters but there probly stilll there living the normal lives they should have. As confusing as the series was the ending was actually quite simple, giving every one a second chance at life.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 23:11   Link #114
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Wow.... Just finished watching the anime series and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed, no, loved, it. I also had a few things to get off my chest.

Many people have written Rah off as an Eva rip-off. While the show clearly takes a lot out of Eva's book (and makes no effort to hide it.....Elvy's cross, anyone?), such a condemnation is the furthest thing from the truth. NGE will forever be one of the most influential anime series to come along, and many more shows will draw inspiration and reference from it. I think that while both shows seem similar on the surface, namely their theological and psychological overtones and mecha/sci-fi plot, their purposes differ, and affect the outcome of the final product. Hideaki Anno created Eva with the agenda of revitalizing anime and making his own social commentary. It is because of this that Eva became a highly abstract and interpretable work. While Rah may be filled with the same themes and points of reflection, it is clear that the show's main purpose was to entertain. It could even be argued that all of the grand and epic themes simply sugar-coat a love story. While that is less ambitious one to say the least, there is nothing wrong with it at all. Rah's story, though complex and deep, can make a lot sense at the end of the day, because Rahxephon simply aims to tell a story, while on the other hand Anno used Eva to further his own personal agenda. Because of all that, I think that Rahxephon is a much more pleasing viewing experience than Evangelion ever will be (and I actually like Eva). Its characters for the most part lack the psychological complexities of Eva's protagonists, but seem more likable and relevant; It ends happily ever after while Eva ends.....well, you can fill in how it ended to you here. Of course, none of that stopped NGE from having a vast and infamously rabid fan base. However, I do believe that had Rah come out instead of Eva 12 years ago, it may have been what Eva is now.

I guess I'll end this essay...I mean post... with saying how much I loved this show. When the characters triumphed and struggled, I felt happy and sad for them, as opposed to the numbness I felt when watching some of the things Shinji and co. went through in NGE. While it may not be as original, thought provoking, or generally well liked as Eva, it had all the elements of a great story, which is what anime film and television is all about really.

Last edited by mcruz1014; 2007-07-20 at 23:22.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 08:38   Link #115
Zifx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcruz1014 View Post
Wow.... Just finished watching the anime series and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed, no, loved, it. I also had a few things to get off my chest.
I also agree that while Evangelion and Rahxephon have a number of things in common, they are each their own and both great series. I remember after watching Rahxephon I had a hard time deciding which I liked best, but then thought that they are really just different series that emphasize different things. To me Evangelion was more about the characters and human nature in general, whereas Rahxephon focused more on the story itself (but both had great stories and characters imo).
Zifx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 09:52   Link #116
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
RahXephon is a lot better than NGE.

'nough said.
Old 2007-07-21, 12:33   Link #117
Westlo
Lets be reality

Evangelion is not that original itself, Anno retread a lot from his previous works in Gunbuster and Nadia for Evangelion as well as being influenced by many Tomino series, Space Runaway Ideon and Mobile Suit Gundam in particular.

Originality while nice, shouldn't be a big factor in how high/low you rate a series, also many things you might think are original have a very high chance of not being.

For instance Evangelion seems very original but than you watch Annos pasts works (not to mention Tomino) and it doesn't seem as original. There could also be something in another medium that touches the same subjects.

No ideas original, theres nothing new under the sun
Its never what you do, but how its done
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 20:45   Link #118
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Quote:
No ideas original, theres nothing new under the sun
Its never what you do, but how its done
How well put.... I couldn't agree more.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 04:29   Link #119
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I loved RahXephon and hated Eva with a passion... I still dig it out to watch it every so often. I think it is a great love story packaged in sci fi, whilst Eva for me was a angst fest. I journeyed with Ayato as the storied unfolded and really felt for him during some of the sadder scenes.
Spoiler for Do I really need to spoiler this series?:

I loved everything about RX, the story, the chars and the art work. Oh the music kicks arse too.

PS The movie is worth watching too
Old 2007-09-02, 22:45   Link #120
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
I understood it and if you've seen Evangalion then I explain the ending of RahXephon as a watered down and more sane version of the Eva ending.

I enjoye dthis anime, it was very good. The animation was very smooth. And the VA's were very good too. I hope to read the manga and the novels someday.
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha