AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2022-05-25, 20:10   Link #221
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
why kyo kept raphtalia instead of rishia?, his beef is with her right?
He knows Naofumi cares more about Raphtalia. If you want to screw with Naofumi, you go after Raphtalia.
Old 2022-05-26, 00:54   Link #222
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

-“Combat training” is rather meaningless in a world based on RPG mechanics.
-You’re saying TRAINED GUARDS. Don’t have “combat training”?
-You’re saying an army of TRAINED GUARDS guarding one of the most important locations in the country can be soloed by a small girl after an hour of leveling? How does this country even exist if they can’t even get their TRAINED GUARDS to level up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aogami View Post
You just said it, the few scenes with smol Raphtalia and going by both this forum and other places the overwhelming majority seem to be in favor of that.
I find it highly unlikely that people prefer a cute loli over basic level story telling.

Quote:
All that seems pretty tame compared to everything that he was doing in the spirit tortoise arc lol.
Ok so if it’s acceptable that he is apparently omniscient and omnipotent now, why doesn’t he just nuke Naofumi from orbit right now?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-26, 01:39   Link #223
Aogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Ok so if it’s acceptable that he is apparently omniscient and omnipotent now, why doesn’t he just nuke Naofumi from orbit right now?
What? Did your blind rage make you zone out when they said it was a clearly set up trap for Naofumi that was done well in advance?
He likely had something that allows him to remotely see and interfere in the Dragon Hour glass room rather than him being able to do that anywhere at anytime.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-26, 03:47   Link #224
Chosen_Hero

Wow, the anime really wants to force the Raftalia ship bait on people, doesn't it?

I really dislike it when an anime makes these kinds of changes just to force the directors favorite character into having more screentime.

From what I have heard about the actual way the events should go, there was literally no reason to make the change, especially if this version has this many continuity and logical errors.
Old 2022-05-26, 05:58   Link #225
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
What? Did your blind rage make you zone out when they said it was a clearly set up trap for Naofumi that was done well in advance?
He likely had something that allows him to remotely see and interfere in the Dragon Hour glass room rather than him being able to do that anywhere at anytime.
Then what about remotely interfering with a cardinal hero’s skill?

And Kyo #2 just happened to be there doing his demonstration on the very day the party arrived there? Despite Naofumi being dropped off in an inescapable labyrinth with no way of telling when, if ever, they would escape? And why only Raphtalia? Why not also Rishia. Why even let any of them escape at all? He literally has them at his mercy. He could have just killed them then and there with 3 being underleveled and undergeared and the fourth being useless against humans.
Old 2022-05-26, 09:34   Link #226
Frontier

Quote:
-“Combat training” is rather meaningless in a world based on RPG mechanics.
-You’re saying TRAINED GUARDS. Don’t have “combat training”?
-You’re saying an army of TRAINED GUARDS guarding one of the most important locations in the country can be soloed by a small girl after an hour of leveling? How does this country even exist if they can’t even get their TRAINED GUARDS to level up?
I don't think it's completely meaningless insofar as it's still important for a warrior.

Of course the guards probably have "combat training" but I don't think that matches with what Raphtalia has to deal with. Plus, protagonists are always more capable than random guards .

She wasn't fighting a full army solo until the very end, and that was to leave it deliberately ambiguous as to whether she would be able to make it out of there.
Quote:
I find it highly unlikely that people prefer a cute loli over basic level story telling.
You would be surprised .
Quote:
He wants to take his time screwing with him? At least that's my takeaway .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Wow, the anime really wants to force the Raftalia ship bait on people, doesn't it?

I really dislike it when an anime makes these kinds of changes just to force the directors favorite character into having more screentime.
I don't know if it's "ship bait" unless you're into the Naofumi and daughter ship. I mean, yeah, it's more Raphtalia screentime but I'm not sure that's "ship bait" .

Well, it beats more Rishia or Ost screentime...
Old 2022-05-26, 14:36   Link #227
Aogami

Quote:
Then what about remotely interfering with a cardinal hero’s skill?

And Kyo #2 just happened to be there doing his demonstration on the very day the party arrived there? Despite Naofumi being dropped off in an inescapable labyrinth with no way of telling when, if ever, they would escape? And why only Raphtalia? Why not also Rishia. Why even let any of them escape at all? He literally has them at his mercy. He could have just killed them then and there with 3 being underleveled and undergeared and the fourth being useless against humans.
At that point why not question why Kyo even left the portal open for them to go through and not close immediately after he went through it (which happens in the source material too). You're just so ridiculously desperate to nitpick anything and everything for changes done to an absolute nothing burger part of the story, which I repeat isn't even 5 minutes worth of an anime episode, which is the most craziest part to throw a massive tantrum over.
If they completely go for an anime original ending that completely ruins any possible connection for future arcs then feel free cry your eyes out, but mean time it's clear the anime studio heard people complain that they didn't like that child Raphtalia was only around for a single episode in season 1 so they didn't want a repeat of that but worse with her only appearing for less than 5 minutes in season 2 where Naofumi never even witnesses it.
Old 2022-05-27, 02:19   Link #228
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
At that point why not question why Kyo even left the portal open for them to go through and not close immediately after he went through it (which happens in the source material too). You're just so ridiculously desperate to nitpick anything and everything for changes done to an absolute nothing burger part of the story, which I repeat isn't even 5 minutes worth of an anime episode, which is the most craziest part to throw a massive tantrum over.
If they completely go for an anime original ending that completely ruins any possible connection for future arcs then feel free cry your eyes out, but mean time it's clear the anime studio heard people complain that they didn't like that child Raphtalia was only around for a single episode in season 1 so they didn't want a repeat of that but worse with her only appearing for less than 5 minutes in season 2 where Naofumi never even witnesses it.
....Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you knew what I was thinking better than I did.

What's with this style of conversation? I know I sometimes make mistaken assumptions about people but like what?

Why is all criticism a "tantrum" to you?

Frontier is disagreeing with me but they're not making this personal in any way (and thanks for that).
Old 2022-05-27, 05:09   Link #229
Aogami

Quote:
....Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you knew what I was thinking better than I did.

What's with this style of conversation? I know I sometimes make mistaken assumptions about people but like what?

Why is all criticism a "tantrum" to you?

Frontier is disagreeing with me but they're not making this personal in any way (and thanks for that).
I've played along for several posts already giving simple explanations for why they did several changes(it all boils down for more Raphtalia screen time) or how some things worked in the new material, you're just going to such degrees of nitpickyness/complaining about the most insignificant things that it really can only be described as throwing a tantrum.
And hate to sound like a broken record but all of it is over the most insignificant part of this entire arc which is the 5 minute section you'd even be seeing L'arc and crew, it's just tiresome seeing the same conversation the past few weeks over something so utterly unimportant.
If these changes do somehow end up changing the story in a drastically different way resulting in some shitty anime only ending then I'll happily eat crow at that time.
Old 2022-05-27, 12:05   Link #230
Magewolf

Quote:
I've played along for several posts already giving simple explanations for why they did several changes(it all boils down for more Raphtalia screen time) or how some things worked in the new material, you're just going to such degrees of nitpickyness/complaining about the most insignificant things that it really can only be described as throwing a tantrum.
And hate to sound like a broken record but all of it is over the most insignificant part of this entire arc which is the 5 minute section you'd even be seeing L'arc and crew, it's just tiresome seeing the same conversation the past few weeks over something so utterly unimportant.
If these changes do somehow end up changing the story in a drastically different way resulting in some shitty anime only ending then I'll happily eat crow at that time.
I think more than likely Kyo being all-knowing and all-powerful will turn out to have no effect on how things turn out. Which is the problem.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-27, 12:12   Link #231
Aogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I think more than likely Kyo being all-knowing and all-powerful will turn out to have no effect on how things turn out. Which is the problem.
Said it before but he's not all knowing or all powerful. He purposefully sent them to the Infinite Labyrinth and the only way to leave that country in a reasonable amount of time is through the Dragon Hourglass so it really isn't difficult to set up a trap with that knowledge. That includes setting something up that lets him see and and interfere inside the Hourglass room, remember this is the same story that has crystal ball deep fakes/video editing.
Old 2022-06-01, 08:30   Link #232
Frontier

As if Naofumi didn't have enough reason to hate Kyo, taking Raphtalia away from him makes it more personal than ever...and it seems like all this rage in Naofumi is building up to something? Is that purple flame a new Wrath Shield ?

Wow, Kizuna is getting the red carpet rolled out for her now that she's back somewhere that actually acknowledges her as a Cardinal Hero. Naofumi isn't awarded the same luxury, presumably because the populace thinks of him the same way Naofumi's world thinks of Glass and company (as if Naofumi didn't have enough to deal with) .

I will never underestimate what this show will make a Hero out of when we literally have a "Boat" Hero in Ethnobolt, who thankfully is actually a good guy willing to help Kizuna and Naofumi out by tracking down Raphtalia and Glass. And his "boat" is something he hovers with and can then enlarge into a literal airship. He's also basically the Fillolial equivalent in this universe and a giant talking rabbit. In general Ethnobolt was just really surreal .

Time for shikigami sidekicks! Kizuna has her cute moon penguin Chris, and Naofumi summons up basically Raphtalia as a tanuki, and she's adorable! And then they end up just calling her "Raph" which is now the only word she can say. It's perfect .

Poor, poor Filo. She's at level 1 and basically powerless and captured by a guy trafficking animals and he ties her up and tortures her to make a show of her in front of people. It says a lot that the normally resilient Filo is reduced to tears and desperate pleas for her friends to save her .

Wow, serious Rishia talking down Naofumi and then saying with a serious face if there's any difference between torturing or questioning. Also poor Kizuna keeps feeling like a criminal .

Naofumi mentally torturing that guy with what he put Filo through was some satisfying karmic justice, especially knowing it apparently broke him .

Good things those wanted posters are pretty generic and not good at identifiyin them...plus they're not Tales of level of wanted posters .

So did they undo Raphtalia's slave crest and that's why Naofumi couldn't read her anymore? And now she's chained up and being marched off to some huge mansion in the snow. Is that Kyo's secret base? Or Kazuki ?
Old 2022-06-01, 17:58   Link #233
cyberdemon

Naofumi actually heard trash#2s name. How unrealistic lol
Old 2022-06-01, 18:40   Link #234
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They went through all that trouble to go to Kizuna's country and they spent like five minutes in it before going back. Obviously, I understand why there was no time to waste, but they could have at least gathered more allies given what happened last time Kizuna ventured there. Boat guy didn't even stick with them. How are they even supposed to rescue Raphtalia? Kizuna is useless against human opponents and Naofumi's level is super low.

I'm glad they at least managed to rescue Filo without trouble. Poor bird went through a lot.
Old 2022-06-01, 19:31   Link #235
Aogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Boat guy didn't even stick with them. How are they even supposed to rescue Raphtalia? Kizuna is useless against human opponents and Naofumi's level is super low.

I'm glad they at least managed to rescue Filo without trouble. Poor bird went through a lot.
Naofumi and Rishia actually leveled up quite a bit during the time, both of them being at level 40. It's still quite a bit under Kizuna's level 108 but season 1 has proved that level gaps don't mean as much when skill is involved.
Old 2022-06-01, 21:16   Link #236
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They went through all that trouble to go to Kizuna's country and they spent like five minutes in it before going back. Obviously, I understand why there was no time to waste, but they could have at least gathered more allies given what happened last time Kizuna ventured there. Boat guy didn't even stick with them. How are they even supposed to rescue Raphtalia? Kizuna is useless against human opponents and Naofumi's level is super low.

I think that's why Kizuna was prioritizing finding Glass and co. They basically are her allies .
Old 2022-06-02, 00:03   Link #237
Lex79

The episode felt a bit rushed, but since it lead to have Filo back in the party I'm not complaining.
Old 2022-06-02, 07:17   Link #238
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Naofumi and Rishia actually leveled up quite a bit during the time, both of them being at level 40. It's still quite a bit under Kizuna's level 108 but season 1 has proved that level gaps don't mean as much when skill is involved.
When did that happen? I'm pretty sure he was still level 9 last episode.
Old 2022-06-02, 08:01   Link #239
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
At that point why not question why Kyo even left the portal open for them to go through and not close immediately after he went through it (which happens in the source material too).
Wait, you mean he deliberately left the portal open, even if by default rules it should have been impossible for Naofumi to get through it? So Kyo, not only in the few minutes he had to interact with Naofumi he completely understood that he would follow him, he also knew that Host Horai had the power to circumvent the default limitations and that she would use it in her dying breath?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-02, 10:25   Link #240
Aogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Wait, you mean he deliberately left the portal open, even if by default rules it should have been impossible for Naofumi to get through it? So Kyo, not only in the few minutes he had to interact with Naofumi he completely understood that he would follow him, he also knew that Host Horai had the power to circumvent the default limitations and that she would use it in her dying breath?
That's the thing I was pointing out, Dengar was trying so hard to nitpick the hell out of the different anime material that you could easily do the same with the actual source material stuff if you're playing by the same rules.

Tags
adventure, fantasy