AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-06-12, 23:02   Link #2081
Xagzan

Obviously a great win, but I'm not celebrating a damn thing yet.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 23:22   Link #2082
X102reddragon

Just one more win.......
X102reddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 23:52   Link #2083
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Miami didn't have an answer for Leonard last year and they still don't.

Kudos to Duncan for the double-double record.
Old 2014-06-13, 01:13   Link #2084
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

The Spurs have been setting records left and right so far in this series. In Game 1, they shot around 80% in the 4th quarter. In Game 3, they shot 90% from the field for the first quarter and a half. In Game 4, Duncan set records for career playoff minutes and career playoff double-doubles.

It would be difficult to continue maintaining their offensive efficiency and they're due for a poor shooting night soon. Only question is whether they have it in them to win one last game. It would take a massive defensive effort once again.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 01:46   Link #2085
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Actually, their end shootinh percentage is on par of their average in regular season(50% overall and 40% from 3 point line). They just have amazing strings of make followed by long string of draught which eskews the per quarter number
Old 2014-06-13, 01:54   Link #2086
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

That's true .

Guess that's what JVG meant when he commented at half-time in Game 3 that Popovich doesn't want the game to turn into a shooting contest and would prefer to win the game through consistent intensity on defense.

Old 2014-06-13, 05:58   Link #2087
itisjustme

I don't know what to think of Lebron, his stats looked ok last night but his defense was terrible. When you say you belong on the mount rushmore of basketball you gotta take over when your team is doing bad man, go for 40 if you need, 50 if that's not enough. I thought he got the right idea in the 3rd but that was short lived and not aggressive enough, he gotta attack attack attack, post up go inside, instead of settling for jumpers.

And all that talk about his court vision and comparison to Magic, Diaw is making him look bad on that front.

He was shooting what 60, 70% Was he playing it too safe, maybe he should start chucking it a bit like Kobe, you gotta take shots to make them.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 10:51   Link #2088
kirikirito334

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
The Spurs have been setting records left and right so far in this series. In Game 1, they shot around 80% in the 4th quarter. In Game 3, they shot 90% from the field for the first quarter and a half. In Game 4, Duncan set records for career playoff minutes and career playoff double-doubles.

It would be difficult to continue maintaining their offensive efficiency and they're due for a poor shooting night soon. Only question is whether they have it in them to win one last game. It would take a massive defensive effort once again.
You're quite wrong on that. Good shooting is not something that disappears once you made it, if any, once you convert your shots, you're more likely to be more confident on your shots at the next game and convert it once again.

Furthermore, Spurs offensive efficiency, I agree, has to do with converting shots but it has more to do with the passes/rotation of the Spurs on the offensive end than the shooting. And we know Spurs is the best in the league in terms of offensive rotation. Also, let's not forget that Miami's weakness is post presence. Almost every game, Spurs has an advantage on Miami in terms of rebounding and points in the paint and that is something that the Spurs has done all season and in the playoffs.

Summary: They'll destroy Heat one last time and finally get their well deserve redemption.

PS: Heat got lucky on the final minutes of the last two games last year, they have to be miraculously lucky this year to make a 3-peat.
kirikirito334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-14, 19:19   Link #2089
Xagzan

If the Spurs do win...damn, what a hell of a magnificent redemption story.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 19:29   Link #2090
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Heat have a good first quarter so far. 22-12 after 7.5 minutes. Spurs are shooting a shockingly bad 21.4%.

Old 2014-06-15, 19:32   Link #2091
BPD Renegade

^ Lol, you got here right before I did frivolity.

Spurs didn't have a single field goal until five minutes in, and then another shooting drought until just under five min in the first. Hopefully things will pick up now.

--Edit--
End of first. 29-22. Spurs came back a bit, but Popovich does not seem very pleased.

Last edited by BPD Renegade; 2014-06-15 at 19:43.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 19:49   Link #2092
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
I don't know what to think of Lebron, his stats looked ok last night but his defense was terrible. When you say you belong on the mount rushmore of basketball you gotta take over when your team is doing bad man, go for 40 if you need, 50 if that's not enough. I thought he got the right idea in the 3rd but that was short lived and not aggressive enough, he gotta attack attack attack, post up go inside, instead of settling for jumpers.

And all that talk about his court vision and comparison to Magic, Diaw is making him look bad on that front.

He was shooting what 60, 70% Was he playing it too safe, maybe he should start chucking it a bit like Kobe, you gotta take shots to make them.
More dumb analysis. You don't just go for 40 or 50 in a Finals game when you feel like it. Especially not against a team like the Spurs.

Diaw is having a great series but I don't see how he's made LeBron look bad. James has made numerous quality passes to either give guys good looks or make another pass to get another guy a look but they haven't fallen. Don't know what you've been watching.

He wasn't playing it too safe. He simply wasn't going to maintain the pace he set in the 4th while also trying to play D on the other end. You point about Kobe is stupid considering how many times that kind of play lost the Lakers games. Remember when he kept chucking it and went 6-24 in Game 7 against the Celtics? Yeah, that's what you want...
Old 2014-06-15, 20:00   Link #2093
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Spurs are pulling back through good defensive effort, only 3 points down now. 35-32 after 1.5 quarters.

Edit: Spurs take the lead! 39-35 with 3:33 left in the 2nd qtr.

Tim Duncan's age: Irrelevant

Old 2014-06-15, 20:07   Link #2094
BPD Renegade

^ Go Spurs, go! Close it out!

--Edit--

Spurs up 8 now.

End of first half, Spurs up 47-40. I froze in shock when they showed Tim Duncan with a huge grin on his face. That guy is the definition of stoic.

Last edited by BPD Renegade; 2014-06-15 at 20:19.
Old 2014-06-15, 20:22   Link #2095
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Can't believe Spurs manage to lead despite horrid shooting night from everyone not named Ginobili and Leonard and their star(Parker) having a horrible night so far(0 point 1 assist). This is not a comfortable lead though. Miami will make a run(they always do) and Leonard's foul count is worrying, but I hope Spurs will be able to weather the storm.
Old 2014-06-15, 20:22   Link #2096
X102reddragon

Go spurs!!!!!
Old 2014-06-15, 20:29   Link #2097
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

The half-time commentary mentioned the minutes of the players on the Heat.

LeBron has played 23:46 so far, while Bosh, Wade, and Allen each clocked >20 mins! If the game keeps going at this pace, Wade and Allen will be completely gassed soon.

Edit: 56-42 with 1.5 quarters left. The Spurs haven't been shooting as accurately as in the previous games, but their defense has been excellent.

Looks like I just put my foot in my mouth. As soon as I wrote that, the Spurs hit 3 consecutive 3 point shots

Last edited by frivolity; 2014-06-15 at 20:57.
Old 2014-06-15, 20:57   Link #2098
BPD Renegade

Spurs up 21!!!
Old 2014-06-15, 21:00   Link #2099
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Hate that the Heat are getting spanked but man, the Spurs are fun to watch. Quality players from top to bottom.
Old 2014-06-15, 21:12   Link #2100
X102reddragon

Finish them!!!!!