AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-25, 03:17   Link #1741
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Some spoilers are out already from chapter 41:
Spoiler for images:

The name of the queen was revealed - Shokuhou Misaki
From the images she looks like a "mischievous" person (if that is the correct expression to describe it), I expected more of a psycho character, considering her ability.

If in the first image (that one with hospital scene) is Kuroko, then even remnant was skipped.

Quite sad that autor decided to cut off Kuroko, Uiharu, Saten from any possible involvements, I really get to like their characters.
Hmm, kind of expected her to be a Mugino type character. Seems pretty normal so far.
Old 2011-05-25, 05:22   Link #1742
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Spoiler for images:

From the images she looks like a "mischievous" person (if that is the correct expression to describe it), I expected more of a psycho character, considering her ability.

If in the first image (that one with hospital scene) is Kuroko, then even remnant was skipped.

Quite sad that autor decided to cut off Kuroko, Uiharu, Saten from any possible involvements, I really get to like their characters.
OMG! Kyaaaa! She's magnificent!
Old 2011-05-25, 06:50   Link #1743
tsunade666

Quote:
Spoiler for images:

--------- facepalm..... jawdrop. WOW she's beautiful! I want to be her slave

oujosama type indeed like Mugino but she is a bit different. She is like the playful one or the mischievous by her looks. But she is indeed cute.
Old 2011-05-25, 07:08   Link #1744
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Spoiler for images:

While I agree it is sad, I forgive the author because we finally get to see the Queen. Only one level 5 left. I hope the fact that the author is revealing her now means that she will be showing up soon in the light novels as well.

It makes sense that the remnant and fake date are skipped over, since they can't be fleshed out to the extent the Sister arc was.
I'm still crossing my fingers that the Liberal Arts SS will be mangafied.
Old 2011-05-25, 07:23   Link #1745
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
While I agree it is sad, I forgive the author because we finally get to see the Queen. Only one level 5 left. I hope the fact that the author is revealing her now means that she will be showing up soon in the light novels as well.

It makes sense that the remnant and fake date are skipped over, since they can't be fleshed out to the extent the Sister arc was.
I'm still crossing my fingers that the Liberal Arts SS will be mangafied.
4 more spoilers:
Spoiler for images2:

Liberal Arts SS was already skiped, because it happened before remnant arc.

Though I don't understand Kamachi's logic with skiping arcs, without Unabara - no Unabara and missing Touma's promise that will be important later, without Remnant, missing Awaki's introduction, promise about Kuroko and explanation why Kuroko is in hospital injured, without Liberal Arcs - missing Misaka's first encounter with magic (and some nice involvement from other characters - Saten, Uiharu, Kuroko). At this rate he is going to skip even Daihasei, and possibly meeting between Uiharu and n.2 in vol 15 (and possible Saten involvement since she for the first time apeared in a cover of LN)
Old 2011-05-25, 07:32   Link #1746
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Two things,

1, The way I see it, it's possible that the author doesn't want to waste time on stories that we all know what has happened. If a second season comes up, we'll probably get those stories anyway. Though I won't be surprise at a Sister Arc movie... cough...

2, Finally the Queen shows up to destroy all the pathetic illusions, conspiracy theories, and preconceive notions that people have about her character. I'm personally not surprise that's she's more or less a 'normal girl' like Mikoto- Well, she's probably more ojou-ish I guess? And their relationship seems to be slightly antagonistic/rival-ish from those few images.

But more important.... WE'LL FINALLY HAVE 6 CHARACTERS IN THOSE DAMN LEVEL 5 FANARTS!!!!
Old 2011-05-25, 07:35   Link #1747
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think Kamachi wants to point out that you don't need to see them in the manga because he doesn't need to tweak it in the manga. Notice that none of the arcs shown in either anime series are tackled in the Railgun manga except for the heavily expanded Sisters Arc.

I understand what he is planning, since I already saw this happening in Angel Beats!, in which the manga expands on details that neither the seven chapters of the mininovels nor the anime series have touched up on.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-05-25, 07:54   Link #1748
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I just want to ask this since I am confused as hell.
Is the manga's storyline in the same universe as the light novel? Or should I consider it to be in different parallel universes?
Old 2011-05-25, 07:58   Link #1749
Zakoo

Huh the same why ? The manga just happens to skip stories we all know.
Old 2011-05-25, 08:01   Link #1750
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
It is the same universe as the Index LN's. Railgun Manga is supposed to be read as an addition to Index, not as a standalone story (the latest chapter confirms it: you sometimes won't understand what the hell is going on if you didn't read Index).
Old 2011-05-25, 08:02   Link #1751
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Is the manga's storyline in the same universe as the light novel? Or should I consider it to be in different parallel universes?
Some minor things are done differently but on the whole it runs parallel with the main story, not an alternate universe.
Old 2011-05-25, 08:49   Link #1752
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
You might say that it's an alternative telling of the same story, based on a different perspective. So yes, it's canon.
Old 2011-05-25, 08:50   Link #1753
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Hmm, the Queen reminds me of Illya from Fate Stay/Night quite a bit. She seems way more different than I expected from what we heard. Though, to be fair, all we've heard is that Misaka desn't get along with her. Misaka can be overly serious sometimes, so a mischievous person might annoy her, I guess.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-05-25, 08:56   Link #1754
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

I expect the Queen to be emo, but it turns out to be the opposite

Can't wait to see Haimura's version of Misaki xD

Looks like I need to change my sig
Old 2011-05-25, 10:26   Link #1755
Marina2

Quote:
4 more spoilers:
Spoiler for images2:
That drilled-hair girl in the first picture.......I used to think she's the Queen in previous chapter...look like I got tricked by author. Can someone tell me what the Queen said with that gril?
Old 2011-05-25, 11:28   Link #1756
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
That drilled-hair girl in the first picture.......I used to think she's the Queen in previous chapter...look like I got tricked by author. Can someone tell me what the Queen said with that gril?
The one looking (probably Mikoto) was thinking that Misaki was "that type of queen" and that they had "that type of relationship", Misaki answered with "just kidding" (she probably said something meant to be misunderstood before that).

She is not even 10% the snobbish little brat that I thought she would. Considering that her ability was mental I thought that Haimura might play us in irony and reveal a queen type of character who was blind and whell chair bound yet still was broken as hell

I suppose I should save the comments until the actual raw is in my hands.

About skipping the Daihasei sai, from our perspective Touma was "only awake" 1 day while Mikoto was active the whole week. That gives plenty of room for her to star her own arc in Railgun during that time if something weird happens in the competition, introducing the queen now can be a good build up to that.

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-05-28 at 04:12.
Old 2011-05-25, 11:43   Link #1757
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
About skipping the Daihasei sai, from our perspective Touma was "only awake" 1 day while Mikoto was active the whole week. That gives plenty of room for her to star her own arc in Railgun during that time if something weird happens in the competition, introducing the queen now can be a good build up to that.
Never mind her constant dreaming of what to do if she won
Old 2011-05-25, 11:48   Link #1758
Shadow5YA

That's impossible. Currently the manga is set before Mikoto's fake date with Touma. There's no way we're past Remnant yet.

Also, the shy expression from that hospital patient doesn't look like something Kuroko would do.
Old 2011-05-25, 12:27   Link #1759
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
The one looking (probably Mikoto) was thinking that Misaki was "that type of queen" and that they had "that type of relationship", Misaki answered with "just kiddig" (she probably said something meant to be misunderstood before that).

She is not even 10% the snobbish little brat that I thought she would. Considering that her ability was mental I thought that Haimura might play us in irony and reveal a queen type of character who was blind and whell chair bound yet still was broken as hell

I suppose I should save the comments until the actual raw is in my hands.

- I also didn't expected her to be like this, a person that can constantly read other people minds, I supposed would be without her own emotions, something like the closed, thinking type, that does not like to express emotions, adding the "rich oujo" to it could make for a nice psycho character.

- about not skipping Daihasei - i posted this some pages before:
Quote:
21.8. - accelerator was beaten
22.8. - epilogue (it's a must after big fight) (sister arc over)
23.8. - 26.8. - skipped in index
27.8. - Touma goes to Oowarai beach, plays with index...
28.8. - Angel fall start, everyone is swapped (from morning)
29.8. - Angel fall end (late evening)
30.8. - Touma in hospital
31.8. - last day of summer vacation, Misaka has fake date with Touma to avoid Unabara, fake Unabara was beaten, later Touma met Yamisaka Ouma (the guy with crossbow) and beated him the same day. Also accelerator got brain damaged this day.
1.9. - Hyoka appears, Kuroko+Misaka fights with Sherril (only short fight), Sheril was beaten by Touma the same day
3.9. - 7.9. - Misaka + co. - trip to Arts and Science city
14.9. - 15.9. Remnant arc
<----- WE ARE CURRENTLY HERE
19.9. - 25.9. Daihasei arc
and as you can see there is A LOT OF SPACE that was skipped, which could have been filled with amazing arcs (again reminder - Touma did most of his "feasts" in 1-2 days). So it is really possible for Kamachi to skip it completly.
Old 2011-05-25, 12:36   Link #1760
Shadow5YA

Quote:
- I also didn't expected her to be like this, a person that can constantly read other people minds, I supposed would be without her own emotions, something like the closed, thinking type, that does not like to express emotions, adding the "rich oujo" to it could make for a nice psycho character.

- about not skipping Daihasei - i posted this some pages before:

and as you can see there is A LOT OF SPACE that was skipped, which could have been filled with amazing arcs (again reminder - Touma did most of his "feasts" in 1-2 days). So it is really possible for Kamachi to skip it completly.
No... no we're not. Has it even been confirmed that it was Kuroko on the hospital bed?

We're still before Touma's fate date with Mikoto and run in with the Aztec magician. There's no way that we're past Remnant already.

The Aztec guy dropped his Unabara Mitsuki identity after he attacked Touma. The real Mitsuki hasn't shown to be interested in Mikoto, and even if he was, he was wounded and most likely sent to the hospital.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen