AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-19, 18:26   Link #701
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

it was obvious that weiss would not like the made ​​aue Ruby is the team leader and the beds had to just watch business girls to guess what was in that bed ...
Old 2013-09-19, 18:42   Link #702
Hedd
Random Object

Nice to see it get a little deeper. The action is definitely a high point but I'm really looking forward to digging into each of the girls history and personality. I want to get to the chewy center.
Old 2013-09-19, 19:43   Link #703
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND Weiss is back to being a bitch

Spoiler:

Weiss is a total rich girl who got everything type...
Old 2013-09-19, 20:00   Link #704
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
Nice to see it get a little deeper. The action is definitely a high point but I'm really looking forward to digging into each of the girls history and personality. I want to get to the chewy center.
Agreed. I love the action, but I'm also very impressed at how they are dealing with the two completely disparate individualities of Weiss and Ruby. Although they both share a couple of common traits (they both seem heretofore to be "loners" when it comes to fighting, and they are both extremely good with their own weapons), that's about where the comparisons end.

I'm not surprised that Weiss's claim that she would be nicer to Ruby didn't last very long (24 hours, maybe?). It must have been a great shock to her that someone else, especially Ruby, was picked to be the team leader, the position for which she felt herself most deserving. Combined with the effect Ruby's shenanigans in the classroom just minutes beforehand had on her (although it's been a week for us), no wonder all that hostility came to a boil.

Weiss was so blinded by rage and jealousy, that she couldn't see that Ruby was actually being a good leader. Ruby was cheering her teammate on, and offering sound advice (which Weiss used) during the "battle". But, of course, Weiss's concept of being a good leader is more likely to be the Sargent Major type who goes strictly by the book, is also a strict disciplinarian, and thinks having fun is just for kids.

I gotta give Weiss credit, though. I doubt very much that she's ever had to bow down to anyone before (outside her family), and, as Professor Poop pointed out, she has always got her way with everything. Until now. To Weiss, Ruby is everything bad that she is not: crude, rude, and vulgar; and some things not so bad: happy-go-lucky, friendly, big-hearted, and kind. That Weiss was actually able to heed Professor Poop's words of wisdom and offer Ruby an olive branch (in the form of a cup of coffee) shows that Weiss really does have a soft gooey center hidden deep within that hard, rock-candy shell of hers. I just hope she can stick to her guns this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Weiss is a total rich girl who got everything type...
Actually, I suspect that the one thing Weiss never had when she was growing up was friends. She may have had playmates who she bossed around like a cruel step-mother, but friends? A Friend? I'm betting that Ruby will become the very first person that Weiss truly cares about (outside herself, of course, and maybe her family).
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 21:51   Link #705
GreatTeacherKen

A good character development episode. The end scene was especially heartwarming.

Professor Port impressed me quite a bit as I thought he was just going to be a comic relief character but he provided some good advice for Weiss.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 23:13   Link #706
Kreceir

Blake x Adam (Still waiting for Adam's appearance~)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images

Images
Old 2013-09-20, 08:03   Link #707
Tormenk

Great episode all around and well-thought to boot. Ozpin's mug is never going to leave his hand though. I'm expecting him to finish his first fight in the series by taking a sip out of it by the end of it.

Weiss's little confession at the end was a subtle touch from the writers I really liked. One of the things she never did get even though she must have wanted it badly as a kid. Add in her supposed circumstances we've been hinted thus far and it's pretty nice that her meeting Ruby, and being teammates together, is going to be the starting point for many great changes for both of them.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 12:23   Link #708
CBredbeard
Banned

This episode made me sick.

I thought Weiss would be forced to fight with a handicap. Like she had to win just like the professor had as a boy using a weapon or tool she wasn't familiar with. That she had a hard time with the pig annoyed me. That she later pointed to that as some sort of real achievement was worse. Does anyone really consider the monsters to be threats? Outside of the big ones?

Weiss should have high-lighted what she considered to be Ruby's shortcomings as well as her performance in the forest compared to Ruby who made many mistakes. And that Professor P. basically called her spoiled which came off as being bigoted, ignoring that Weiss has been groomed to lead a life of responsibility and decision making. She's literally spent her life preparing to be a leader, but being a boy from the sticks all he sees is a rich girl that by his estimation never wanted for anything.

Rather than a lesson on what it means to be a team-mate and what it means to be a leader, he tells her she's a bad person. Makes me feel bad that Weiss is basically alone. No one is supportive of her.

That Professor P. was portrayed as someone that thinks highly of himself not really worthy of respect makes his criticisms of Weiss all the more aggravating.

Then the little bit at the end about wanting to sleep in bunk beds and the coffee and being the best team-mate ever was all too abrupt and sweet. Weiss should have stuck to her guns and resolved to at the very least give Ruby a chance to prove herself. Ruby herself could stand to learn alot from Weiss in regards to commanding people, while Weiss could learn to be a bit friendly and less critical, but apparently everything is going to be fine from here and Weiss is the one that has to cave? I would have prefered to see Ruby take charge and earn Weiss's respect.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 16:42   Link #709
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

^We know who your favorite is.
Old 2013-09-20, 16:52   Link #710
Quol
That Guy

I like the fact that weiss was up to the challenge of admitting her mistakes instead of sulking, also the scene of ruby studying is supposed to show that she is trying to live up to her title but fell asleep with weiss helping her be a good captain (giving her coffee) by being a good team mate. It really is sweet.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 17:22   Link #711
Kreceir

Old 2013-09-20, 18:00   Link #712
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
I like the fact that weiss was up to the challenge of admitting her mistakes instead of sulking, also the scene of ruby studying is supposed to show that she is trying to live up to her title but fell asleep with weiss helping her be a good captain (giving her coffee) by being a good team mate. It really is sweet.
I agree! When Weiss comes out of that hard, rock-candy shell, she really can be very sweet, indeed. She can be as sweet as she can be nasty (which is pretty darn nasty). There's an anime term for this type of personality, isn't there?

Of course this isn't the first time that she has admitted her own shortcomings, so it is really no surprise that she is able to be introspective and honest with her self, thus seeing the need to alter her behaviour. She is "the smartest girl in the school," afterall.

Though some may think that her turn-a-round was much too abrupt, I disagree. The talk with Professor Poop may have been the very first time that Weiss was confronted with the truth about her personality from someone in a position of "authority." She immediately proved his point by being disrespectful to her elder and better, yet he still gave her some excellent advice as how to cope with her situation. This was a wake-up call for Weiss, and she was able to choose a new path before returning to their room. This whole scenario is perfectly well within the realm of real-life possibilities.

I don't think that this means the end of the Weiss x Ruby "disagreements," but I foresee that they will be on a different level. I don't doubt that Weiss believes that Ruby has it in her to be a good leader and, of course, Weiss is entirely capable of becoming the best teammate ever. Although she may never admit it, she must have been impressed with Ruby's execution of the plan to defeat Big Bird, no doubt gaining some respect, if only a smidgen, in Weiss's eyes.

On another note, does Blake never remove her "bow," even when she sleeps? I think I can guess what book she fell asleep reading.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 18:37   Link #713
shadow1296

Old 2013-09-20, 19:43   Link #714
Quol
That Guy

That right there has put me on their ship!
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 20:19   Link #715
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Weiss is so tsundere towards Ruby...it's cute.

And LOL At the Blake/Adam pics. Wonder if they'll bring him into this at some point? We all know Blake's got a naughty side to her with her Ninja Love book....
Old 2013-09-20, 22:00   Link #716
shadow1296

Images
Old 2013-09-20, 22:04   Link #717
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Images
+1 *save* nice
Old 2013-09-20, 22:11   Link #718
shadow1296

Images

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-09-21 at 10:37.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 13:50   Link #719
Azulay
Materialize!

Rwby Attack on titan

Spoiler:

Rwby K-on

Spoiler:

Blake&Yang

Spoiler:

NSFW

Spoiler:

Last edited by Azulay; 2013-09-21 at 13:51. Reason: .
Azulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 14:49   Link #720
shadow1296

Images

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby