AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-24, 11:48   Link #301
Tenzen12

Now whole that death flag from two episodes ago feel like quite cruel joke. I don't think I able realy say more on that right now

That aside, Fanna is now big girl, it's nice see how it connect with Tsuioku. Before that message I though pilot might be Charles cause that Seagul and monstrous skill, but I doubt these two would meet again in such terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
you don't need to worry since I didn't start shipping them after this episode
because I started from first episode
Yeah, same here
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 11:50   Link #302
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
How did the cadets take out fighters with one shot only using bolt action rifles while the enemy planes had to destroy theirs using multiple shots at their planes with machine guns?
Anime logic after all. In real world, those rifles can't even penetrate fighter's hull.
Old 2014-02-24, 11:54   Link #303
Tenzen12

Hard to destroy? Do we watch same anime, cause what I saw was pretty much one sided slaughter (Not mention that american production came with "anime logic" long before Japan und using it on daily basis even today).
Old 2014-02-24, 12:32   Link #304
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
^That and their awesome strategy was to hover in one place huddled together in a circle like sitting ducks, practically asking them to shoot them. The kids took out a couple of planes but a lot of them dropped like flies because their incompetent teachers taught them an efficient way to get killed.

Also, I like how Nina ran out of her castle looking to assist her friends but achieved absolutely nothing. She was upstaged by Ignacio and a mysterious pilot who came out of thin air to protect the prince. If Nina's got a bodyguard then who's to say that Albus, of royal descent, doesn't? (It'd be interesting if that was his dad.)
Keep in mind that they are only training cadets. They probably only knew basic strategy at best, not to mention they probably only trained with tactics that were passable against the same type of plane they rode in. Not to mention that in the midst of battle, it's VERY easy to make a stupid decision that will doom your entire unit.

I am glad that Nina was upstaged -- had we seen the typical "hidden talents" of Kal to save the day, or her power miraculously returning -- this would not have been nearly as good an episode. This is supposed to be more of a one-sided slaughter, having a bunch of skilled fighters go up against novices.
Old 2014-02-24, 13:07   Link #305
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Anime logic after all. In real world, those rifles can't even penetrate fighter's hull.
Agreed, the rifles had to have been loading with really big armor penetrating rounds. They should have been ripped apart in 2 passes. I'm said so see Wolf and his pilot go. Fausto didn't turn out bad either. Both groups were able to settle their differences when it came to defending their home.

I'm guessing the unknown pilot belongs to people like Claire that can control the wind.
Old 2014-02-24, 13:15   Link #306
Tenzen12

That's very unlikely, That pillot delivered message from Levanne, one of countries featured in Princess and Pilot and there was no magic involved in war that Isla got into

Actualy person that send that letter was heroine of that movie/novels and thinking about it again pilot could be protagonist of it as well afterall.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-02-24 at 13:33.
Old 2014-02-24, 13:25   Link #307
EroKing

Best girl lives, nothing else matters. They better not kill her off later in the series...
Old 2014-02-24, 18:41   Link #308
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That's very unlikely, That pillot delivered message from Levanne, one of countries featured in Princess and Pilot and there was no magic involved in war that Isla got into

Actualy person that send that letter was heroine of that movie/novels and thinking about it again pilot could be protagonist of it as well afterall.
Never got to see Princess and the Pilot, but I heard it was set in the same universe as this one. I guess I should see it before next week's episode.
Old 2014-02-24, 19:35   Link #309
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Nobody watch the next episode preview.

Massive spoilers...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 20:52   Link #310
Darthtabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That aside, Fanna is now big girl, it's nice see how it connect with Tsuioku. Before that message I though pilot might be Charles cause that Seagul and monstrous skill, but I doubt these two would meet again in such terms.
Just because the pilot of that plane has a letter from Juana doesn't mean he has direct access to her. I think it's probably supposed to be Charles.

While this was a very good episode, I do have some criticisms of how the combat was portrayed. This series has a tendency to overdo it a bit with the number of craft involved in battles and the number of enemy craft that get shot down. Even considering that it was likely Charles at the controls of that Levamme fighter I still think the enemy planes it was fighting were taken out too easily, and the number of enemy fighters that went down to fire from cadets who were armed almost entirely with bolt action rifles was even more ridiculous (seriously, there's a reason why fighter aircraft carried machine guns).
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 21:44   Link #311
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Most of WW2 aircraft's guns are not machine guns, but autocannon (20mm and above), only few carried machinegun. if Fausto is hit by these calibre, his body will be torn to pieces. Some attacker like IL-2 can even survive from many direct hits of 20mm calibre.
Old 2014-02-24, 23:09   Link #312
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Machineguns were generally less and less useful as WW2 went on, to the point when towards the end of the war, you were seeing more and more fighters with lots of 20mm, as opposed to .303, .30 cal or .50 cal machineguns.

Even today, 20mm is kinda the sweet spot between damage and size (because larger shell = reduced ammo count).

That pilot was kinda haxx, lol. But if it's Charles, all is forgiven.

But for some reason, his plane seems more like a Mustang to me than a Spitfire or Hurricane.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 23:12   Link #313
servidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
But for some reason, his plane seems more like a Mustang to me than a Spitfire or Hurricane.
The winds looked like that of a spitfire, but the hull seems like a Mustang.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 23:22   Link #314
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
The winds looked like that of a spitfire, but the hull seems like a Mustang.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Note the nose, intake, and belly design - strong Mustang styling.

Now wondering if the mecha designer went and bought WW2 fighter kits and kitbashed them together, lol.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2014-02-24, 23:36   Link #315
Darthtabby

Going by the "Flight Log" that came with my copy of The Princess and the Pilot the Levamme fighters in that movie were a cross between the Supermarine Spitfire and Bell P-39 Aircobra, with a "ground pose" based on the FW-190. The Levamme fighter that appeared in this episode looks rather similar but isn't exactly the same -it has a chin intake, a different canopy design, and some odd fins low down near the back.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 00:13   Link #316
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

The enemies were using germans designs I believe. I know for sure their dive bombers were Stukas.

Anyways, that fight was all kinds of ridiculous. Bolt-action rifles vs machine guns, and they managed to shoot down a few planes before getting obliterated. The balistics were all backwards, the enemy planes were shooting .22 whereas the cadets were the ones shooting .50 cal.
Old 2014-02-25, 00:14   Link #317
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Nobody watch the next episode preview.

Massive spoilers...
Seems par the course for this show. It's like the writers feel a surprise would be rude.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 00:17   Link #318
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Most of WW2 aircraft's guns are not machine guns, but autocannon (20mm and above), only few carried machinegun. if Fausto is hit by these calibre, his body will be torn to pieces. Some attacker like IL-2 can even survive from many direct hits of 20mm calibre.
And to think Ari survived being hit by one and that their plane wasn't torn to shreds after being hit multiple times. That's some seriously plot armor.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 00:46   Link #319
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

This anime's plot armor is quite strong, there are pircture of a soldier with lost-a-half head after hit a 12.7mm anti-material rifle's shot. With 20mm, Ari will lost her arm and bleed to dead.

And I don't know what happen to Sky Clan's paratroopers, they look more train and better equipment, and they look like WW2 German trooper in real life. So maybe Sky Clan is actually a powerful country or a "Reich".

If cadet's rifles don't shot down fighters magically and all Isla's planes would be shot down like flies, even the Knights with Toperdo wings are no march for them, then Levamme come in massive force with even prototyped jet fighter and take down Sky Clan's fighters as ease. Thus Levamme will offer "friendly help" to Isla, Isla beyond the choice of accept or refuse the offer after saw the power of both Sky Clan and Levamme. The story will be better.

BTW, look like Karl know Silver Fox emblem, did this force appear in any other series of same author yet?
Old 2014-02-25, 01:06   Link #320
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

The more I watch this show, the more I think the Sky Clan and Isla are fighting for real for the first time, which is why both sides tactics suck. Contrast Levahme and Amatsukami.

Also, the Seagull is this verse's version of Mobius One. Look at that kill count.

You are now imagining terrified enemy chatter: "That's the fighter with the Seagull emblem!"

"It's the Seagull! We're doomed!"

"They've sent the Seagull against us..."

Yeah, I'm feeling a lot of Ace Combat 4 nostalgia right now.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
adventure, drama, pilot, romance