AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-20, 13:55   Link #61
dark44

by this episode inaho saved her life 3 times for now
Old 2014-09-20, 15:18   Link #62
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
That is what I am predicting for Rayet too. She managed to survive the last episode and she still wants to defeat the Martians so she should be the MC or at least a major character.
I demand she become the next Inaho in Season 2 except to a lesser degree.
Old 2014-09-20, 21:34   Link #63
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh boy if she actually takes over as MC...If there was a list of people to lead this show going forward I'd probably have her near the bottom.

Though would certainly explain how she inexplicably got off so easy from her actions in the show to this point. Certainly can't lead the show if she was dead.
Old 2014-09-20, 21:52   Link #64
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I can imagine Rayet becoming reasonably close to what Inaho is right now. She probably won't become quite as competent as him, but she emotes more than he does, and so she might make for a more well-rounded main protagonist, in my view.

In fact, here's a Gurren Lagann comparison...

Spoiler for Gurren Lagann:
Old 2014-09-20, 21:54   Link #65
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I can imagine Rayet becoming reasonably close to what Inaho is right now. She probably won't become quite as competent as him, but she emotes more than he does, and so she might make for a more well-rounded main protagonist, in my view.

In fact, here's a Gurren Lagann comparison...

Spoiler for Gurren Lagann:
There is actually a what if comic showing what would have happened if Rayet was the one who gave Hime CPR before Inaho even arrived. It seems more interesting than the episode itself.
Old 2014-09-20, 22:15   Link #66
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I think Rayet is gonna be the lead on the Earth side.

A confrontation or the meeting of Rayet vs Slaine is just too good to pass up!

The clashing of views and methods would be a sight to see.

Make it happen, A-1!!!
Old 2014-09-20, 23:07   Link #67
Key Board
Carbon

She's one of the people personally involved with the Princess
and I think there's an intentional parallel between her and Slaine's dilemma

I think she's going to end up being important, but I'm not sure how much
She doesn't have the political value of whatever Asseylum might have had, nor is she a tactician like Inaho

But I guess that would make things more interesting, but at the same time it's also more challenging to write
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-09-21, 09:03   Link #68
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I expect Rayet to take over as MC, with Slaine likely going full villain.

With Crutheo being most likely alive as well, we can have the 3 factions there.
Old 2014-09-21, 11:28   Link #69
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
I expect Rayet to take over as MC, with Slaine likely going full villain.

With Crutheo being most likely alive as well, we can have the 3 factions there.
Even if it's not Crutheo then one of the Orbital Knights who wasn't in on the assassination plot. Plus, I think Crutheo is gone. Tharsis' Aldnoah core was no longer active. At least until it worked for Slaine.

That brings up something: Why did Saazbaum leave Tharsis for Slaine? Did he know the Aldnoah core would recognize him or something?
Old 2014-09-21, 13:53   Link #70
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Even if it's not Crutheo then one of the Orbital Knights who wasn't in on the assassination plot. Plus, I think Crutheo is gone. Tharsis' Aldnoah core was no longer active. At least until it worked for Slaine.

That brings up something: Why did Saazbaum leave Tharsis for Slaine? Did he know the Aldnoah core would recognize him or something?
At first we are supposed to believe he was shown Tharsis as proof that Cruheto was dead and that Slaine has no allies. But Sazzbaum didn't seem surprised that Slaine could pilot it. It could also be that with all that was going on he didn't bother showing his surprise.
Old 2014-09-21, 14:18   Link #71
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Well, Dr Troyard was into Aldnoah research, and him and Saazbaum seemed be pretty close still, maybe even involved in the plot to kill the princess? Maybe that's where Slaine's ability to power up the drives comes from.
Old 2014-09-21, 16:13   Link #72
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post

I think Slaine attempted to start the auxiliary power system, right? It might be that that worked, as opposed to him having Aldnoah activation rights. Therefore why I think Cruhteo might have survived. That, and no body ever being shown.

On the other hand, if he's going to be an antagonist, he should surely be able to use Aldnoah, so there's that.

I think they developed Rayet so she can take over as MC in season 2... we'll wait and see, haha.
Old 2014-09-21, 17:44   Link #73
Death Usagi
Banned

I feel like Rayet will become Kallen Mk. II for this series.

Aka the female ace pilot
Old 2014-09-21, 19:09   Link #74
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
At first we are supposed to believe he was shown Tharsis as proof that Cruheto was dead and that Slaine has no allies. But Sazzbaum didn't seem surprised that Slaine could pilot it. It could also be that with all that was going on he didn't bother showing his surprise.
Plus it worked out for him to an extent. He didn't get his revenge on the entire royal family, but he did kill Asseylum due to Slaine's interference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
I think Slaine attempted to start the auxiliary power system, right? It might be that that worked, as opposed to him having Aldnoah activation rights. Therefore why I think Cruhteo might have survived. That, and no body ever being shown.

On the other hand, if he's going to be an antagonist, he should surely be able to use Aldnoah, so there's that.

I think they developed Rayet so she can take over as MC in season 2... we'll wait and see, haha.
The thing is I could see them bringing him back. germanturkey pointed something interesting on another thread.

Quote:
The first death is Seylum; her sentence had already been passed. The second death is Saazbaum, the executioner who failed to fulfil his duty the first time. And Inaho, in Slaine's eyes, is the reason those two died, as he endangered the princess and defeated the count.
Quote:
If Slaine is Piso, then could this be a clue to the what will happen in the second season?

As the death of Germanicus [a famous Roman general] occurred during the same year most people suspected Piso of having poisoned him (although no definite proof was available). The armed attempt of Piso to gain once more control of the province of Syria immediately after the death of Germanicus only aroused more indignation, and Tiberius was forced to order an investigation and a public trial in the Roman Senate for Piso and his wife. Piso committed suicide, though it was rumoured that Tiberius, fearing incriminating disclosures, had put him to death.
With Crutheo being Tiberius.
Old 2014-09-22, 10:33   Link #75
Fjoergyn

Rayet has an unfinished character arc. I'm very interested to see much more of his character that I think was the best female
Old 2014-12-13, 18:30   Link #76
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

My favorite character finally appears in the newest teaser and she's narrating the whole thing too.

The new OP sounds awesome and I can't wait to see the visuals.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2014-12-13 at 18:44.
Old 2014-12-13, 18:58   Link #77
Thess

The latest CM is great. I hope I see Rayet in action in space. She also lost the hoodie, she looks like she has nothing to hide.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-12-14, 11:23   Link #78
Velsy

I guess I am against the masses. I hope she gets what she deserves.. She hada shot at redemption and she threw it away. If she became the MC, then I will seriously face palm my desk. Hell no.

You might ask why? Well she and her father were accomplices in the attempted assassination of princess to start this war. While the princess wasnt murdered (yet), the decoy and the driver were. Later, the veteran solider and Yuki break rank to save her ass. After being saved and hiding who she was. Sure she lends them a hand by driving a vehicle in there operations and pretending to be nice... Until she finds herself in a situation where the princess is unguarded and alone.. She chooses to use the opportunity to finish the job. The Princess was dead but from the professionalism of Inaho CPR, she was successfully revived and saved. To make matters worse she hides in the showers and steals the gun from the captain creating yet a hostage situation. Add those crimes up and well, you got to be kidding if they going let her walk around anymore. Those are serious crimes. At first I was wtf when Inaho gave the gun back to her. but after re-watching the scene, I realized he emptied the gun before giving it back.

I am usually for people having a chance at redemption when they really mean it. She had a chance and threw it away. So I had hope'd she face trial. As for the ending... the 2 she wanted to kill the most, she ended up helping? ugh, right. Like that makes any sense.

So bottom line, I dont want to see her get let off from serious charges, and I dont want to see her become a main character, that be so degrading... from my point of view :/ It should be either Inko or Yuki, Yuki may even well change after Inahos death. It would of effected her the most.

oh and the other "half" I dont like her.. I hate characters who blame others. People who blame others dont make good heros. Her father got his karma. That was all, now shes getting hers.

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2014-12-14 at 11:46.
Old 2014-12-14, 17:06   Link #79
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I guess I am against the masses. I hope she gets what she deserves.. She hada shot at redemption and she threw it away. If she became the MC, then I will seriously face palm my desk. Hell no.
The main characters are Asseylum, Slaine and Inaho. So far, the only relevant cast listed in magazines for the second half are Slaine and Harklight. You can see the scans here.

Nonetheless, there's no reason to believe she won't have a keyrole as an ace pilot of the United Earth Forces, Yuki remarks she's excellent. She also assisted the Terrans during the last battle, they need all the help they can get.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-12-15, 01:35   Link #80
Velsy

When did ace pilot come into the equation ? Yuki did say she wasn't bad for a gamer when giving her a run at a simulation. She absolutely failed when fighting the target Yuki fought bravely against. Think it was called the Pillbug.

Apart from getting a lucky shot on a target that was already disabled by the crew, and somehow surviving in the last episode. I dont think ace, but rather support maybe. But wait she already blew her chance, will they really give a fully armed mech to a criminal whos already attempted an assassination on there own allies? but I guess they could take the risk. When they really get desperate <.< Loosing Inaho was a blow in itself.

Well I guess its wait and see, if they hyper her up or not :/ I really hoping she receives her punishments afterall.

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2014-12-15 at 01:45.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters