AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-15, 22:20   Link #41
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupumanager View Post
I see it pretty strange that even the Versian Infantry Grunts can say "Kill The Princess on-sight" like that is nothing grand - If it was Redcoated/Greycoated-Knights conspirator, that is understandable, but Blueshirt Soldiers? Doesn't sounds like Indoctrinated commoners to me. Let's compare, several episodes back Trillram, a Knight was legitimately scared his clan would be branded traitors.
Those episodes had a different writer and I swear certain ideas and portrayals didn't make the transition to the current one. I mean I guess the only argument you could really make is that Sauzbaum was trying to avoid revealing himself to Cruhteo at the time and everything had to be all hush hush, but then we see he has no problems just flying right over to his castle and just offing the guy when he finds out the truth, which makes me wonder why he would bother to keep it under wraps in the first place since it doesn't seem necessary and in recent episodes he doesn't strike me as even remotely afraid of possible consequences.

I thought it was strange too just how many soldiers seemingly went along for the ride on the whole Princess assassination thing. Like even a scene of him making a speech to his men and convincing them of why they had to do this would have been nice. Now that I think about it where have all those soldiers been any other time we've seen one of those castles anyway? I'm pretty sure that the most recent episode was the first instance we've seen of a standing Martian army. Other times it never seemed like anyone was around really aside from the Vers Knights except on some shots of what I guess are supposed to be the castle command centers where you had some people operating consoles. I mean even when Slaine took the gateway back to Mars there was seemingly no other living person in the castle aside from the Emperor. No guards, no servants, like nobody aside from him and then eventually Sauzbaum who if he really wanted to could have easily had his revenge right then and there and totally pinned it on the Earthling scum and had one less potential problem to deal with later on. It's just bizarre sometimes how the Martian society and politics are portrayed cause like you know there's supposed to be an actual citizenry and army somewhere with your share of loyalists and dissidents, you see them in flashbacks after all.
Old 2014-09-16, 11:12   Link #42
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Well, if the grunts had all been stranded there with Saazbaum since the Moon blew up then it's not hard to imagine that they would be more loyal to him...

Not sure if they were actually allowed back to Mars or not since it seems that the only other gate back is through Rey's audience chamber.
Old 2014-09-16, 11:16   Link #43
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well, given how Saazbaum didn't even attempt to deceive Slaine and he told straight-out the truth I believe it makes a lot of sense that Saazbaum did the same with his men.
He held a motivational speech and told his entire plan to make a land for the Martians to live. So Saazbaum's troops aren't just doing as told. They pretty much fight for the idea/belief they share with Saazbaum. That's actually a pretty solid idea for him.
Remember, the reason why nobody reacted to Asseylum's speech is because even the moon base where the laser transmission was sent up to were filled with Saazbaum's supporters. Thus nobody received it and this gave Saazbaum an opportunity to pinpoint Asseylum's location.
He's well in his way in leading a whole new faction that only uses the Vers Empire as a cover.
Old 2014-09-16, 13:44   Link #44
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
Those episodes had a different writer and I swear certain ideas and portrayals didn't make the transition to the current one. I mean I guess the only argument you could really make is that Sauzbaum was trying to avoid revealing himself to Cruhteo at the time and everything had to be all hush hush, but then we see he has no problems just flying right over to his castle and just offing the guy when he finds out the truth, which makes me wonder why he would bother to keep it under wraps in the first place since it doesn't seem necessary and in recent episodes he doesn't strike me as even remotely afraid of possible consequences.

I thought it was strange too just how many soldiers seemingly went along for the ride on the whole Princess assassination thing. Like even a scene of him making a speech to his men and convincing them of why they had to do this would have been nice. Now that I think about it where have all those soldiers been any other time we've seen one of those castles anyway? I'm pretty sure that the most recent episode was the first instance we've seen of a standing Martian army. Other times it never seemed like anyone was around really aside from the Vers Knights except on some shots of what I guess are supposed to be the castle command centers where you had some people operating consoles. I mean even when Slaine took the gateway back to Mars there was seemingly no other living person in the castle aside from the Emperor. No guards, no servants, like nobody aside from him and then eventually Sauzbaum who if he really wanted to could have easily had his revenge right then and there and totally pinned it on the Earthling scum and had one less potential problem to deal with later on. It's just bizarre sometimes how the Martian society and politics are portrayed cause like you know there's supposed to be an actual citizenry and army somewhere with your share of loyalists and dissidents, you see them in flashbacks after all.
Well, I kind of explained in a previous post as to why the grunts and soldiers that belong to Saazbaum's castle would be on his side. Because of the feudal system they're under, the men would more than likely be more loyal to the knight that lords over them, than to the king, who is far away. He spread his view to them, and Vers people tend to be very impressionable. Also, in this kind of system, even if they had disagreed, they would probably still go down with him, according to Vers law, if caught.

As for we we've never seen all these guys before? Well, I guess the show just never felt cause to do so?

But it makes since considering the sheer size of these castles. And these castles are supposed to be similar to real castle workings, where a feudal lord would have an army and servants and vassals and such that all lived within his castle and grounds. The landing castles just happened to be mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well, if the grunts had all been stranded there with Saazbaum since the Moon blew up then it's not hard to imagine that they would be more loyal to him...

Not sure if they were actually allowed back to Mars or not since it seems that the only other gate back is through Rey's audience chamber.
Well, they weren't really stranded that long. They said in episode 1 that they were able to eventually accomplish transport between planets, it just took much longer than the hypergate. Instead of a few minutes, it now takes 3 months.

And yes, the knights do travel back and forth from Mars. Cruhteo just did when he picked up Asseylum to take her to Earth. Also, they'd have to. They'd need to resupply, and the knights would have to keep up with Vers' affairs. As the foremost nobles of the empire, with the most power under the royal family, they would have to keep up with everything going on in order to remain in power.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-21, 02:55   Link #45
Nerroth
NePoi!

While it's not yet known whether there will be a timeskip for the second cour or not, I wonder if that option might allow Eddelrittuo to have a greater role in the story? Say, if they move ahead by enough years for her to be as old then as the first cour's main characters were/are now.

She has said that she can drive a Kat, has already been shown to drive a Humvee in the face of enemy fire, and will have something of an identity crisis to deal with regardless of how one reads the outcome of the first cour.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2014-09-21 at 03:06.
Old 2014-09-21, 03:51   Link #46
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
While it's not yet known whether there will be a timeskip for the second cour or not, I wonder if that option might allow Eddelrittuo to have a greater role in the story? Say, if they move ahead by enough years for her to be as old then as the first cour's main characters were/are now.

She has said that she can drive a Kat, has already been shown to drive a Humvee in the face of enemy fire, and will have something of an identity crisis to deal with regardless of how one reads the outcome of the first cour.
She's 12 presently, a 3 years timeskip will make her 15. So probably.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-21, 19:12   Link #47
jpwong

So I was thinking, since Saazbaum failed to die (at least that we saw) if next cour he's leading the earth forces on an invasion of Mars. If you put aside the whole martian superiority thing (maybe being beat down by Inaho changed his perspective), he could basically bargain his way to his goal still. An earth invasion would mean toppling the martian royalty, plus if he's offering to fly the attack force over on his landing castle, it puts him in a great position to demand terms to improve Mars' resourcing problems, or at the very least let the martians all relocate to earth.

It gives earth a least some standing in the next cour, while also shifting the focus to mars and lets Slaine do his thing without being specifically tied to either side of the fight. It also doesn't specifically require Inaho or Asseylum to be alive (though I'm sure they'd show up via flashback scenes if they stay dead).
Old 2014-09-21, 19:39   Link #48
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
So I was thinking, since Saazbaum failed to die (at least that we saw) if next cour he's leading the earth forces on an invasion of Mars. If you put aside the whole martian superiority thing (maybe being beat down by Inaho changed his perspective), he could basically bargain his way to his goal still. An earth invasion would mean toppling the martian royalty, plus if he's offering to fly the attack force over on his landing castle, it puts him in a great position to demand terms to improve Mars' resourcing problems, or at the very least let the martians all relocate to earth.

It gives earth a least some standing in the next cour, while also shifting the focus to mars and lets Slaine do his thing without being specifically tied to either side of the fight. It also doesn't specifically require Inaho or Asseylum to be alive (though I'm sure they'd show up via flashback scenes if they stay dead).
Saazbaum doesn't believe in Vers superiority, at least not anymore. When he's talking to Slaine he explains how it is all BS used by the royal family to manipulate people into war with Earth to mask the misery over in Mars.
Old 2014-09-21, 21:41   Link #49
Irenesharda

Quote:

It's possible, but I don't know if his pride would allow it. He also hates Terrans, not because of any idea of superiority, but because he doesn't believe they deserve to have the Earth's resources and cannot understand the problems of Vers.

However, it would be interesting to have him working together with the Terrans anyway.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-21, 22:01   Link #50
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
It's possible, but I don't know if his pride would allow it. He also hates Terrans, not because of any idea of superiority, but because he doesn't believe they deserve to have the Earth's resources and cannot understand the problems of Vers.

However, it would be interesting to have him working together with the Terrans anyway.
It's true that his pride might not allow it, but there's always the notion that one's goals will take the front seat to personal pride at some point. It would really come down to which of his objectives he values the most.

I just put it out there because right this second, the show has a bit of dichotomy if the show is to shift to mars for the next cour in that earth is basically screwed, and therefore is unlikely to have the ability to send anyone to mars right now. The knights can get to mars, but it seems unlikely that they're willing to help the earth do that, and it remains to be seen if any of the other knights share Saazbaum's vision of toppling the monarchy (and it would probably be a poor choice to toss the entire cast for Slaine and a bunch of previously un-shown knights to carry the fight to mars).

Basically if they plan to keep any of the earth side cast for the next cour (which frankly at this point is basically everyone who isn't Slaine), earth needs someone who can take them to mars (unless the show is staying on earth). There's very few people who can fit that bill.
Old 2014-09-22, 15:35   Link #51
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

You know now that I think about it, i'm actually happy that Asseylum is dead. I can smile if there will be a scene where Mars get nuked and Martians get vaporized without the guilt of seeing Asseylum. Asseylum is dead now, no more guilt obstacle blocking the way!
Old 2014-09-22, 15:39   Link #52
Thess

Quote:
Basically if they plan to keep any of the earth side cast for the next cour (which frankly at this point is basically everyone who isn't Slaine), earth needs someone who can take them to mars (unless the show is staying on earth). There's very few people who can fit that bill.
Mars could come to them. Slaine, with the Moonbase, is the one who knows about their location.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-22, 20:00   Link #53
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Mars could come to them. Slaine, with the Moonbase, is the one who knows about their location.
True, but there's no real shift in the plot if it's just going to be more martians attacking the terran main base. Basically if the focus of the show is going to shift from the terran-martian conflict to one about the martian social structure they're going to have to take the show to mars at some point, and if they plan to keep any of the former cast around at that point, earth needs someone who can take them over.

I suppose an alternative is the emperor flys to earth, gets offed at some point and then everyone on mars dies of starvation because it takes 3 months for anyone who can reactivate their aldnoah power sources to get back and do it
Old 2014-09-23, 03:21   Link #54
Irenesharda

I would really like to go to Mars proper, and we could then look at the real source for all this Aldnoah power. Also, a change of setting with some new characters would be good too. I really think we've seen all we can see of Earth and what remains of the Terrans. However, because of the time needed to travel to Mars by any of our characters, they would need to either just have Earth Forces retreat and go underground, or just lose altogether. This war won't hold out for the 3 months needed to travel there.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-23, 03:55   Link #55
Raviel

^I'd like to think that Asseylum's announcement had at least some sort of effect on the Orbital Knights and the rest of Mars.

Maybe her announcement causes enough confusion for an uneasy truce to break out between Earth and the loyalist Orbital Knights while those belonging to Saazbaum's faction decide to lay low for a while and plan their next move.

I think that would give enough time to for the setting to shift to Mars.
Old 2014-09-23, 03:59   Link #56
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
^I'd like to think that Asseylum's announcement had at least some sort of effect on the Orbital Knights and the rest of Mars.

Maybe her announcement causes enough confusion for an uneasy truce to break out between Earth and the loyalist Orbital Knights while those belonging to Saazbaum's faction decide to lay low for a while and plan their next move.

I think that would give enough time to for the setting to shift to Mars.
Saazbaum blocked her broadcast from reaching the other Martians.
Old 2014-09-23, 04:00   Link #57
Raviel

I must've missed that line, I'm pretty sure Saazbaum said something more along the line of her message falling on deaf ears instead.

Can anyone tell me when Saazbaum said he blocked her broadcast?

EDIT: Nvm, found the scene in question, wow we really can't speculate on anything without going off the slippery slope.

Last edited by Raviel; 2014-09-23 at 04:14.
Old 2014-09-23, 04:10   Link #58
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I must've missed that line, I'm pretty sure Saazbaum said something more along the line of her message falling on deaf ears instead.

Can anyone tell me when Saazbaum said he blocked her broadcast?
At the end of episode 10 when he's talking to Slaine and sets him free. He said that the people of the moon base were loyal to him and that her message was never going reach anyone. I'm guessing all communiques get sent through there. Sorry, I'm too tired to find you a timestamp.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-25, 21:54   Link #59
HtwoN

Any chance for the 4-eyes guy with the laser kat appear in season 2?

I like that guy's kat. He can be a great opponent. He looks pretty calm and collected too.

But problem is that he is in New Orleans, pretty far from Russia.
Old 2015-01-18, 01:37   Link #60
Irenesharda

Since Lemrina doesn't have her own thread yet, I'll just use this one.

It's pretty clear that Lemrina doesn't have any love for her sister or her grandfather. I was thinking, if she wants to take everything that belongs to her sister, I can actually see her having a scheme of her own.

What if, she is the one who kills her own grandfather, and then takes over the throne as Asseylum, who being the kind person she is, names her half-sister as her heir until marriage/children.

Lemrina then plans to kill her sister and show her as being dead, and thus becomes Empress of Vers?

And of course no one accuses her, thinking of her as the poor crippled princess.

I don't know, I can see her trying it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread