Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-02, 03:59   Link #601
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Yeap, Suimei helped him beating those delinquents
Do you think Suimei was probably go around mind-wipe people from taking revenge on Reiji in Japan?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 10:00   Link #602
zztop

Some questions for WN readers:
1) In Chp 11, Reiji and Suimei mention Mizuki's "embarassing stunt" in the past. Do later chapters say what it is?

2) Do later chapters say what type of character the Demon King is? ie. Is the King the classic villain type, completely evil and twisted beyond reasoning? Or is he the misunderstood type who's quite a good guy, like Maou Satan of Hataraku Maou-sama? Or even the progressive-minded intellectual, like the female Demon King from Maoyuu Maou Yuusha?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 10:12   Link #603
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Do you think Suimei was probably go around mind-wipe people from taking revenge on Reiji in Japan?
If so then half delinquents in Japan would be mind wiped lol~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Some questions for WN readers:
1) In Chp 11, Reiji and Suimei mention Mizuki's "embarassing stunt" in the past. Do later chapters say what it is?

2) Do later chapters say what type of character the Demon King is? ie. Is the King the classic villain type, completely evil and twisted beyond reasoning? Or is he the misunderstood type who's quite a good guy, like Maou Satan of Hataraku Maou-sama? Or even the progressive-minded intellectual, like the female Demon King from Maoyuu Maou Yuusha?
1) Mizuki has chuunibyou

2) Nothing mentioned about him or previous Demon Kings. But Suimei hypothesized that Demon Kings and his army are followers of Evil God, the antithesis of Goddess Arsna
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 21:26   Link #604
Hiyono

Chapter 10's done, which should answer some of the questions that were asked. I'm not sure why people thought it was such an important chapter though... *shrug*
Old 2015-05-02, 21:32   Link #605
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^thanks nandesuto, great quality as always
Old 2015-05-02, 21:32   Link #606
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

It was important because chapter 10 wasn't finished by you know who xD
Old 2015-05-02, 21:55   Link #607
Sixth
Hu Tao

It is really rare to see a competent king in the fantasy series. That guys literally "owned" Suimei. He got what he wanted from someone who is stronger than him by miles through mere words. Too bad that the king is not wise enough to use his daughter to seduce Suimei to his side because the success rate would be 300%.

So, the reason why the king sent Felemenia to Suimei was hoping that Felmenia will seduce him to their side?

Oh by the way, Suimei's combat attire has a CLOAK??????????????????????????
Old 2015-05-02, 22:00   Link #608
techblade

Wow you can really tell the difference in quality of translations and thanks for the chapter. I don't care for the drama of the translation scene as long as I can leech.
techblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 22:11   Link #609
lalala12

Quote:
It is really rare to see a competent king in the fantasy series. That guys literally "owned" Suimei. He got what he wanted from someone who is stronger than him by miles through mere words. Too bad that the king is not wise enough to use his daughter to seduce Suimei to his side because the success rate would be 300%.

So, the reason why the king sent Felemenia to Suimei was hoping that Felmenia will seduce him to their side?
I differ, unless there is any addition information from author, we can temporary assume that he is one benevolent king and genuine feel remorse for summoming
suimei and co. Felemenia was send coz she is people other than king has known suimei's true identity, and help him along his journey as he is people from otherworld.
It also doubles as punishment for felemenia from king as she got overconfident and assault suimei but instead being owned by our mc.
lalala12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 22:36   Link #610
Hiyono

Quote:

Oh by the way, Suimei's combat attire has a CLOAK??????????????????????????
As you say, a nice king is a rarity in fantasy series; I think the characterization in this series is well done. Character motivations are framed well, and logical.

As a great example, consider Suimei's insistence on the power of numbers. To everyone else, it seems a cowardly thing, but we have to remember where Suimei comes from. In their world, there are magicians so powerful that, in his estimation, they could destroy the Maou and his million-man army with ease... and yet those very same magicians were forced to near extinction by all the other world powers ganging up on them. Who better to understand the overwhelming threat created by absurd numbers and who better to understand the futility of individual ability in the face of such a threat?
Old 2015-05-02, 22:43   Link #611
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
As you say, a nice king is a rarity in fantasy series; I think the characterization in this series is well done. Character motivations are framed well, and logical.

As a great example, consider Suimei's insistence on the power of numbers. To everyone else, it seems a cowardly thing, but we have to remember where Suimei comes from. In their world, there are magicians so powerful that, in his estimation, they could destroy the Maou and his million-man army with ease... and yet those very same magicians were forced to near extinction by all the other world powers ganging up on them. Who better to understand the overwhelming threat created by absurd numbers and who better to understand the futility of individual ability in the face of such a threat?
Laon said this is crappy series though
Old 2015-05-02, 22:50   Link #612
Hiyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Laon said this is crappy series though
Even aside from the fact that these things are a matter of taste, it's still all relative. I like this series... but do I like it nearly as much as my favorite Western fiction equivalents? Not even close. Honestly, I always lament the fact that the greatest Western fiction equivalents of the shounen genre aren't more well known among the anime/LN/manga fanbase - I'm sure they'd love it. (That's also an open invitation to PM me for recommendations if anyone's interested XD)
Old 2015-05-02, 22:53   Link #613
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

I think Suimei's world must have tons of FUTURE SENTINELS or else, I have hard time to believe the modern mage had to go underworld.

By the way, who is Laon?
Old 2015-05-02, 23:01   Link #614
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Even aside from the fact that these things are a matter of taste, it's still all relative. I like this series... but do I like it nearly as much as my favorite Western fiction equivalents? Not even close. Honestly, I always lament the fact that the greatest Western fiction equivalents of the shounen genre aren't more well known among the anime/LN/manga fanbase - I'm sure they'd love it. (That's also an open invitation to PM me for recommendations if anyone's interested XD)
Like Drenai Saga or Wheel of Time? I like them too

but I like japanese fictions better
I think japanese language expresses story better than english
Old 2015-05-02, 23:12   Link #615
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Oh? If you know any fantasy/adventure + harem western novel to recommend, I would welcome you to do so. I'm craving for more books to read at the moment.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-02, 23:19   Link #616
Hiyono

Yay! Someone's interested! Well, there's a few right off the top of my head for starters:
  • The Rook, by Daniel o' Malley
  • Blood Song + Tower Lord, by Anthony Ryan
  • The Emperor's Soul, by Brandon Sanderson
  • Red Rising + Golden Son, by Pierce Brown
  • Traveler's Gate Trilogy, by Will Wight
  • Codex Alera Trilogy, by Jim Butcher
Old 2015-05-02, 23:22   Link #617
zztop

Quote:
I think Suimei's world must have tons of FUTURE SENTINELS or else, I have hard time to believe the modern mage had to go underworld.

By the way, who is Laon?
Sentinels? Like the mutant-killing robots from the last X-men Movie?

Perhaps the world powers and related anti-magic groups were able to get the upper hand on the Modern magicians.
Old 2015-05-02, 23:27   Link #618
zztop

So based on Chp 10, the fantasy world's magic is quite far behind, especially if they have no understanding of the inner techniques of their most ancient magic circles (like the Palace's Summoning Circle) and have been relying on handed down instructions to operate it at all. And I'm guessing Suimei's setting out into the world to change that.
Old 2015-05-02, 23:46   Link #619
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Sentinels? Like the mutant-killing robots from the last X-men Movie?

Perhaps the world powers and related anti-magic groups were able to get the upper hand on the Modern magicians.
Yes, the future sentinels from the X-Men movie, Day of the Future Past.

Maybe these anti-mage really got numbers, and powers to surpress the modern mage with ease. Still lean on the high-technology drones or robots to wipe out the modern mages. Fast and effective.
Old 2015-05-03, 00:20   Link #620
Zoks

Suimei's refusal to help against the Demon Lord becomes a lot more justifiable when he prefers to spend his time researching how to go home. Initially I was under the impression he already knew how to leave, he just was going to dick around until his friends were done.

Quote:
Yay! Someone's interested! Well, there's a few right off the top of my head for starters:
  • The Rook, by Daniel o' Malley
  • Blood Song + Tower Lord, by Anthony Ryan
  • The Emperor's Soul, by Brandon Sanderson
  • Red Rising + Golden Son, by Pierce Brown
  • Traveler's Gate Trilogy, by Will Wight
  • Codex Alera Trilogy, by Jim Butcher
Don't forget the Sanderson's Stormlight Archives. Kaladin is so Shounen-esque it hurts.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, harem, harem (not mc), romance (not mc), webnovel