AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-11, 21:01   Link #2081
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
I doubt he cares. Tatsuya has also been worrying about Miyuki's future since like volume 4. He doesn't want to separate from her, and with this arrangement he doesn't have to. Miyuki has had the same anxiety since she was a kid. They want to be together whether it's as lovers or brother and sister.
You know that's still a problem though even if he doesn't care, one there's something else in the works we need to worry about with Maya then, two the entire engagement would be built on a lie even if we were to ignore all the terrible consequences outright incest can bring.

Last edited by KrimzonStriker; 2015-05-11 at 21:14.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 21:17   Link #2082
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
It's forced because he never had an opportunity to develop conditions when they robbed him of all other feelings. On what basis, because he doesn't dislike or like anything remember? If it's not possible for him to dislike anything why would he dislike Miyuki of all people, he can't dislike his family who treat him awfully after all.

I am not saying that the emotion is fake or not natural. I can drink and enjoy alcohol and not be addicted. What makes an addiction isn't the substance itself but the degree in which that substance is taken. Where do you think stalkers come from if not emotional affection taken to an obsessive extreme like the mother from the Psycho/Bates Not keep movies or the Adelphius complex. Love does not always have to be a good thing depending on the circumstance, and in these circumstances with no other moderating influences for Tatsuya he is the definition of an addict dependant on the love he feels for his sister at the expense of anything else.
Yes, he can dislike people. Just like he can like them. He wouldn't be able to hate however.. It's urges, not emotions.

And, again it isn't forced. Look what you say would have a point if we were talking about a stranger. If Tatsuya would have been made to love a random person that he didn't have any connection to. But he wasn't.

Real life stalkers are different from anime stalkers and may have a myriad of reasons for doing what they do. They might not even have ever spoken to the person they stalk. They by and large do seem to be emotionally or mentally unstable though. It's not a good comparison. In their case the addiction would be "stalking" or something similar, not the feeling of "love" itself, which is what I was saying earlier. What stalkers feel is often not actual love though.

Tatsuya is scared of losing Miyuki and as such his attachment to the world as a whole and his reason for existence (in his mind). So he is often excessive. His love for Miyuki is true however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
It is, how do you choose what you're going to do ? Let's say you like apples but like bananas more, if I removed your "love for bananas", and put a banana and an apple in front of you, you're gonna take the apple. When Tatsuya's strong emotions were removed he was left with a single route, he is completely incapable of choosing anything.
You're were talking about apples, but we've come to oranges now. This is a horrible example of an entirely different thing. Tatsuya's tastes are still the same, emotions don't work quite as simply as eating fruit.

And even concerning the example your viewpoint would be incorrect.
For all we know the person Tatsuya always loved the most was his little sister. It's not uncommon at that stage. So it coul be that Miyuki is an apple and Tatsuya simply loves apples the best and he never even tasted anything else before he found out that all other fruits taste like air. Nothing ever forces him to choose something he doesn't like.

This example doesn't translate into anything though so come up with something better. And tie it into actual events. If Miyuki told Tatsuya to eat dirt, he would simply say no. There are occasions in the novels where Tatsuya overrules Miyuki.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 21:43   Link #2083
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
Yes, he can dislike people. Just like he can like them. He wouldn't be able to hate however.. It's urges, not emotions.

And, again it isn't forced. Look what you say would have a point if we were talking about a stranger. If Tatsuya would have been made to love a random person that he didn't have any connection to. But he wasn't.

Real life stalkers are different from anime stalkers and may have a myriad of reasons for doing what they do. They might not even have ever spoken to the person they stalk. They by and large do seem to be emotionally or mentally unstable though. It's not a good comparison. In their case the addiction would be "stalking" or something similar, not the feeling of "love" itself, which is what I was saying earlier. What stalkers feel is often not actual love though.

Tatsuya is scared of losing Miyuki and as such his attachment to the world as a whole and his reason for existence (in his mind). So he is often excessive. His love for Miyuki is true however.
Logical preferences are not the same thing, him not liking a dirty unorganized rooms deals with the utility aspect, him not caring for needlessly being used is his cost-benefit analysis of something versus an opinion on say the morality of an issues, which is why he'll carry out those orders regardless of his disagreement with them.

Bates Motel/Psycho movies with a severe Adelphius complex wasn't between strangers but an over possesive mother who emotionally stifled her son to the point where he went insane and was never able to fixate on any relation but the one with her.

You think stalking or having an obsessive behavior is limited to strangers, that's not true. The highest occurrence of rape for example comes from people the victims know. And I didn't use just stalking, overly jealous lovers AND protective family members which Tatsuya falls under the latter can spiral out of control precisely because of their excess and lack of consideration for anything else over that emotion.

I'm not questioning the validity of his feelings, I'm once again questioning his excess and it's his excess to please Miyuki even to the point where he doesn't truly consider her a lover yet but is going along with this anyway which is the problem here. It's all the more telling that he calls his Aunt out on this lie (if that actually happened) which shows his assessment on whether this is a correct course of action but then because Miyuki confessed to him he throws these objections out the window to please her. Not because he agrees with what's happening but simply to please her. Right or wrong no longer matter if it conflicts with Miyuki's desires/happiness in Tatsuya's head... Correcting her behavior on minor issues if he thinks it will bring her unhappiness ultimately is one thing, that's cost-benefit analysis, but if say the truth would shatter her even though it's the correct thing to do Tatsuya will lie to the devil himself for her sake.
Old 2015-05-11, 21:48   Link #2084
xdhakspy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
I doubt he cares. Tatsuya has also been worrying about Miyuki's future since like volume 4. He doesn't want to separate from her, and with this arrangement he doesn't have to. Miyuki has had the same anxiety since she was a kid. They want to be together whether it's as lovers or brother and sister.
You know that's still a problem though even if he doesn't care, one there's something else in the works we need to worry about with Maya then, two the entire engagement would be built on a lie even if we were to ignore all the terrible consequences outright incest can bring.
In the conversation on the room He is already prepared to spend his entire life on Miyuki side either as brother or husband.

About incest is when occurs sex in a near order in the family and this is a large discussion because legally incest can occur also between 2 persons with different parents but they grew up together and on the familial record are step-siblings. So this is Satou's plot where He created a loophole in a sibling relationship...
1.- They didn't grew up like a siblings.
2.- They have the same parents.
3.- Genetically they are different so they can have a child without genetic problems.
4.- Legally Maya turns their relationship to cousins.

So technically they don't have the sibling tie in the childhood so they don't have the inner repulsion that have a normal person towards their family about romantic love.
And genetically there will be no problem about the born of a child.
So here is the question about if the love can transcend the blood and flesh of them?
xdhakspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 21:54   Link #2085
erbrah

Quote:
He loves her but he is not capable of feeling anything else. Let's say IRL you fall in love with someone ? does this mean your love is absolutely and definitely gonna last ? In Tatsuya's case it's even worse because since he can't feel anything else he's only left with one choice and currently it's his strongest emotion.
Let's not use me an example, because my train of thought is way different from most people.
Spoiler:

To me whether his love is eternal or not, it does not matter. There is no choice in loving or hating. Do you choose who you fall in love with? Can you choose to unfall in love? No, so this point is mute. Tatsuya does not always abide by Miyuki's wishes, but he always puts her first. There is a difference between being controlled and doing what you want.

No one in the Yotsuba or JSDF can control Tatsuya if he didn't feel like it. Maya even stated that JSDF is naive in trying to control him, because not even she can.
erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 21:57   Link #2086
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdhakspy View Post
In the conversation on the room He is already prepared to spend his entire life on Miyuki side either as brother or husband.

About incest is when occurs sex in a near order in the family and this is a large discussion because legally incest can occur also between 2 persons with different parents but they grew up together and on the familial record are step-siblings. So this is Satou's plot where He created a loophole in a sibling relationship...
3.- Genetically they are different so they can have a child without genetic problems.

So technically they don't have the sibling tie in the childhood so they don't have the inner repulsion that have a normal person towards their family about romantic love.
So here is the question about if the love can transcend the blood and flesh of them?
How much if anything Maya says is true? If she's willing to make one convenient lie what makes the claiming of genetic changes to Miyuki stand up to scrutiny/suspicion? And it's not like they were separated from each other last I checked, they just weren't close until recently but their respective identification of this is my brother and this is my sister were still present.

I'm not saying love can't, I just don't think it can based on lies and manipulation and I'd say that even if they weren't related.
Old 2015-05-11, 22:05   Link #2087
millie10468

After reading about how Ayako figured Maya got Miyuki and Tatsuya engaged in order to control Tatsuya's freedom, it makes me wonder if Maya realistically had other choices. Supposing she just named Miyuki the heir without engaging the two siblings, wouldn't it have turned out the same, with Tatsuya as Miyuki's guardian? Because it feels like she probably has less control over him by giving him back his original high status in the clan (or at least a status close to it). Once Miyuki became the heir, there was no reason to lose Tatsuya to another clan, was there?

Don't get me wrong, I understand her reasons for the engagement, I'm just interested in the other (if any) probable reasons she chose that particular way of doing things other than entertainment.

But it might hit an iceberg...
millie10468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 22:16   Link #2088
Clutchdog

Quote:
Logical preferences are not the same thing, him not liking a dirty unorganized rooms deals with the utility aspect, him not caring for needlessly being used is his cost-benefit analysis of something versus an opinion on say the morality of an issues, which is why he'll carry out those orders regardless of his disagreement with them.

Bates Motel/Psycho movies with a severe Adelphius complex wasn't between strangers but an over possesive mother who emotionally stifled her son to the point where he went insane and was never able to fixate on any relation but the one with here.

You think stalking or having an obsessive behavior is limited to strangers, that's not true. The highest occurrence of rape for example comes from people the victims know. And I didn't use just stalking, overly jealous lovers AND protective family members which Tatsuya falls under the latter can spiral out of control precisely because of their excess and lack of consideration for anything else over that emotion.

I'm not questioning the validity of his feelings, I'm once again questioning his excess and it's his excess to please Miyuki even to the point where he doesn't truly consider her a lover yet but is going along with this anyway which is the problem here. It's all the more telling that he calls his Aunt out on this lie (if that actually happened) which shows his assessment on whether this is a correct course of action but then because Miyuki confessed to him he throws these objections out the window to please her. Not because he agrees with what's happening but simply to please her. Right or wrong no longer matter if it conflicts with Miyuki's desires in Tatsuya's head...
Lets try to keep to the point. So just quickly addressing the first parts; Miya states that Tatsuya lost his urges not emotions and Tatsuya says that he is able to 'like' people. It's not based on logic, he has the capacity to feel to some extent.
I said that stalkers may have a "myriad of reasons for doing what they do". Stalkers can vary wildly on an individual basis, and often have mental conditions so I simply think that this is a bad example. Beyond that, the major separating condition is Tatsuya being unable to feel the negative emotions associated with love. So for now unless you mean to harm Miyuki directly there is no way to make him lose control. But I would agree that if he was able to feel those associated emotions like jealousy and possessiveness he'd potentially turn into something quite amusing and nutty. But this has little to do with emotion being an "addiction" anymore.

My issue was with stating that what Tatsuya feels for Miyuki was forced on him and fake.
His love for Miyuki might have become twisted in some way due to what was done to him that would make him act in certain ways, that's something I won't argue. But the actual feeling of sibling love for Miyuki, was always there.

-But I have to go for now. I'll have to continue later.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 22:17   Link #2089
xdhakspy

Quote:
How much if anything Maya says is true? If she's willing to make one convenient lie what makes the claiming of genetic changes to Miyuki stand up to scrutiny/suspicion? And it's not like they were separated from each other last I checked, they just weren't close until recently but their respective identification of this is my brother and this is my sister were still present.

I'm not saying love can't, I just don't think it can based on lies and manipulation and I'd say that even if they weren't related.
Yeah is true that based on lies is a bad think but this case is whether this lie is good or bad to the persons involved and we can see it in their development on the next volume.

About the close relationship between them I mean that they have a 5 yrs of sibling relationship and before Reminiscence chapter they know that they are brother and sister technically but they didn't have the relationship (bonds) They didn't speak to each other so the brother and sister relationship is only in words.
The repulsion between family members about love relationship in normal family occurs because the members of it interacting with each other since childhood so this create that barrier.
xdhakspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 22:27   Link #2090
Jirachier

Quote:
If Tatsuya wants someone who is not as perfect as Miyuki then he is a dumb fool. But he is not, so it's not gonna happens.
You think she's perfect, not everyone thinks that. There is not a single person in the world that is perfect and every other man should fall in love with her. Are you saying that Mari's fiancée would rather be with Miyuki for example ?
The guy likes Mari, everyone has a different taste. If Tatsuya had all of his emotions he might've wanted someone else and it doesn't make him an idiot.

Quote:
First, your "no choice" argument is legitimized by the scenarios where Tatsuya is abused. But he is not and will not be. Not on Miyuki's watch.
It's not that simple. He won't be abused, he already was and he can't take revenge because of 1) He still doesn't have enough power and 2) If Miyuki becomes heir he doesn't want to destroy her clan. So he can't even take revenge because of her. Also just because she treats him nicely doesn't mean it's all good.
You make it sound like if a woman is cute, knows how to cook/clean/etc then no man would want to leave her or be with someone else, it's not that simple. Many people don't want to be married, many people like women who won't be as nice to them as Miyuki, etc etc. Maybe Tatsuya wouldn't have wanted to get married and would just focus on his work as an engineer, or he wants someone who is also an engineer to share his passion for magic engineering. There are many possibilities, there isn't some list that has 10 or so elements that if a woman has everyone in the world will fall for her.

Quote:
Just go in front of anyone, say:"hey bro, you should dump your girlfriend. You should know that you are forced to love her because she treats you like a king so you are satisfied with her so much that you don't even bother to look for other girls." and see what happens.
It doesn't matter how well Miyuki treats Tatsuya, he did not get to choose whether to be with her or not.

Quote:
And second, the level of love and devotion they have for EACH OTHERS is unrealistic high?

Well, that has to do with the fact they are ideal, heaven-made couple, destined for each others.
You may say those are bad. But i know many people think it is good. Heck many of them often use it to say to their loved ones.

I think that you and many others are upset because Tatsuya and Miyuki don't give other girls a fighting chance, like they always do.
They're not made for each other. If Tatsuya chose Miyuki while having all of his emotions then you can argue that, right now he can't choose. Imagine if Miya instead of picking sisterly love had chosen Motherly love or love for Ayako.
Just by tinkering with Tatsuya's brain you can completely shift who he loves, how are they made for each other if the person he love was chosen for him by someone else through toying with his emotions.

I'm not upset because he ended up with Miyuki, I'm upset because Tatsuya never has a choice ever and Miyuki gets to have everything go here way but everyone thinks Tatsuya has it all and he's a lucky guy, when the truth is even with all of his military might he can't live a normal life, he can't choose anything for himself, Miyuki is his owner and he cannot disobey her, he will never be free.

Quote:
You're were talking about apples, but we've come to oranges now. This is a horrible example of an entirely different thing. Tatsuya's tastes are still the same, emotions don't work quite as simply as eating fruit.
Emotions are not that simple but in this specific case they are. The reason is, Miya removed ALL of his strong emotions, literally all of them except for one, which makes calculating what Tatsuya will do easy, if you only have a single powerful emotion left, it's the one that guide you, what other choice does Tatsuya have ? Are you saying he can fall in love with someone else ? He can't
are you saying he can ignore Miyuki's sadness if he takes revenge on the Yotsuba ? He can't

Quote:
And even concerning the example your viewpoint would be incorrect.
For all we know the person Tatsuya always loved the most was his little sister. It's not uncommon at that stage. So it coul be that Miyuki is an apple and Tatsuya simply loves apples the best and he never even tasted anything else before he found out that all other fruits taste like air. Nothing ever forces him to choose something he doesn't like.
Maybe he did love his sister the most, maybe it was someone else, maybe he was going to meet someone else in the future whom he wanted to marry. But what matters the most is the part where Tatsuya lost all of his other emotions and love for others.
Even in the scenario where his love for Miyuki was the strongest, it doesn't mean it would've stayed that way, it also doesn't mean every single decision he makes in his life would've been just for her like he does now. Right now he is completely enslaved to her desires, he cannot say no, he cannot give precedence to what he wants, he cannot do anything of his own accord.
Tatsuya's love MIGHT'VE been his strongest love before the operation but it was never anywhere near this strong, because other emotions also resided in Tatsuya, so his decisions were taken by weighting all of those emotions, right now he only has one emotion to consider, he cannot do anything else. He is a slave.

Quote:
This example doesn't translate into anything though so come up with something better. And tie it into actual events. If Miyuki told Tatsuya to eat dirt, he would simply say no. There are occasions in the novels where Tatsuya overrules Miyuki.
Tatsuya would only overrule Miyuki if he thinks something is more beneficial for her. If he was told to kill himself otherwise Miyuki will be harmed, he will kill himself. He was told to kill his mother or father or his friends otherwise Miyuki will die he will do it. If he has to kill the entire world he will do it.
If he was told Miyuki is sad because he doesn't have a woman in his life and chooses any random woman for him and told him it will make her happy if he's with her, he will do it.
Tatsuya will do anything that will satisfy his owner Miyuki.

Quote:
To me whether his love is eternal or not, it does not matter. There is no choice in loving or hating. Do you choose who you fall in love with? Can you choose to unfall in love? No, so this point is mute. Tatsuya does not always abide by Miyuki's wishes, but he always puts her first. There is a difference between being controlled and doing what you want.
I can't choose, but Miya chose for Tatsuya when she only kept a single strong emotion in his mind, she chose Miyuki when she could've chosen anyone else. Tatsuya had no choice in the matter.

Quote:
No one in the Yotsuba or JSDF can control Tatsuya if he didn't feel like it. Maya even stated that JSDF is naive in trying to control him, because not even she can.
They can control him through Miyuki.
Old 2015-05-11, 22:28   Link #2091
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
I understand your argument, believe me, I do.

I know that Tatsuya does not have a choice but to love Miyuki. That is, after all, is his last remaining emotions. Loving Miyuki is an obligation rather than a choice for him.

But, the emotion to love Miyuki was there-, It was there. It was not put into him, it was not added into him, he was not manipulated to love her, Tatsuya's love for Miyuki existed and skewered.

I would not have been favorable with this relationship if it weren't for the fact that Miyuki herself skewered her emotions to only love Tatsuya.

It took two powerful magicians to have Tatsuya prioritized Miyuki.

Miyuki prioritized Tatsuya out of her own choice.\

That is why I like Miyuki and loved her being paired with Tatsuya.

They are faithful to each other.

You can call artificial for Tatsuya, but it is natural for Miyuki.

That being said, given the choice presented to Tatsuya, who will she choose, a person that devoted herself to him for the better part of five year, or a girl that will only see him as someone that can elevate the clan that she belongs to new heights.
I agree, that's why I could only consider Miyuki to be the most suitable partner for emotionless Tatsuya right now. No matter how great the other girls, they won't make Tatsuya feels happy and seperating him from Miyuki would make it worse. Until the author stated otherwise and make Tatsuya emotion back and started to feel love to other girls; presently, the one who could make Tatsuya feels emotion is Miyuki and Miyuki only.

Quote:
^You know this sounds like an argument defending slavery just because there were nice slave masters right? I could love my master a ton but it doesn't mean what they've done to me is right.
I'm not saying slavery is good but there are others who thinks it's alright and they're willing to do that. What you think is right or justice doesn't mean others would think it right or just too. 'Justice is like a countless stars in the sky' (courtesy Arslan Senki) each and every people have different opinion on what is justice or right to them; there's no single black and white answer to that.

All this Tatsuya is forced to love Miyuki is just our opinion; so until Tatsuya himself said so (maybe it's actually Satou said so) it's nothing more than just our opinion.
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 23:01   Link #2092
TrueAlchemist

@RaymondSageClark Thanks you for sharing. I was also looking for his translation, but the last part seems to have his personal views.

Quote:
Yeah is true. Is Ichijou's clan desires (where Gouki is the head)

The change is that Miyuki accepts her feelings that she love Tatsuya and She will not give up anymore on this so She won't yield to anyone about Tatsuya.
And about Tatsuya is that He didn't reject Miyuki and He will try "努力" ((n,vs) great effort/exertion/endeavour/effort/(P)/) to see her not as his sister but as "Miyuki"
1.- Is true but is "implicit". Masaki didn't say that He love (like) Miyuki but we all know about it.
2.- I'm starting reading vol. 17 but is clearly that Yotsuba is secrecy and powerfull.
3.- Is a opinion from the translator about the actions that Maya took.
overall this 3 have true about + opinion from the translator.
Thanks you for clearing up.
So, is Gouki sending Masak to Yotsuba? Or, does he want Miyuki to marry into Ichijou?
Quote:
I was thinking the similar thing, but isn't Tatsuya still thinking they are still siblings because they have the same parents regardless of genetic manipulation?

xdhakspy, thanks you for the information.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 23:08   Link #2093
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
@RaymondSageClark Thanks you for sharing. I was also looking for his translation, but the last part seems to have his personal views.

Thanks you for clearing up.
So, is Gouki sending Masak to Yotsuba? Or, does he want Miyuki to marry into Ichijou?

I was thinking the similar thing, but isn't Tatsuya still thinking they are still siblings because they have the same parents regardless of genetic manipulation?

xdhakspy, thanks you for the information.
About Gouki, he's not sending Masaki to do anything because what he wants is use his son as a tool to place someone from Ichijou familiy inside the Yotsubas and get some influence on the family, that happens because Yotsuba family are OP as fuck right now. Also what he wants with that objection is stop Maya's plans.

AFAIK about Tatsuya he already accepted the fact that he's Miyuki's fiance even if they have the same father. But the main problem is one, we're thinking based on our world, instead of thinking based on Mahouka world where people gets manipulated and created like some product just to secure some power and influence, that's why seems like this is absolutely normal for them.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 23:12   Link #2094
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
After reading about how Ayako figured Maya got Miyuki and Tatsuya engaged in order to control Tatsuya's freedom, it makes me wonder if Maya realistically had other choices. Supposing she just named Miyuki the heir without engaging the two siblings, wouldn't it have turned out the same, with Tatsuya as Miyuki's guardian? Because it feels like she probably has less control over him by giving him back his original high status in the clan (or at least a status close to it). Once Miyuki became the heir, there was no reason to lose Tatsuya to another clan, was there?

Don't get me wrong, I understand her reasons for the engagement, I'm just interested in the other (if any) probable reasons she chose that particular way of doing things other than entertainment.
If she didn't engage them Miyuki could have dismissed him as her Guardian and released his shackles from the clan with the authority as clan head. If they are engaged, Tatsuya's chances of leaving the Yotsuba clan are slim to none.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 23:20   Link #2095
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
About Gouki, he's not sending Masaki to do anything because what he wants is use his son as a tool to place someone from Ichijou familiy inside the Yotsubas and get some influence on the family, that happens because Yotsuba family are OP as fuck right now. Also what he wants with that objection is stop Maya's plans.

AFAIK about Tatsuya he already accepted the fact that he's Miyuki's fiance even if they have the same father. But the main problem is one, we're thinking based on our world, instead of thinking based on Mahouka world where people gets manipulated and created like some product just to secure some power and influence, that's why seems like this is absolutely normal for them.
So, Gouki is planning to send Masaki as the husband of Yotsuba's next head?
This is an information that was not shared until now. I thought, Ichijou objected the engagement in vol.16, and In the preview of vol.17, I thought they are planning to propose engagement between Miyuki and Masaki, and no one knows whether Miyuki is marrying into Ichijou, or Masaki is marrying into Yotsuba even in 2chan.
Old 2015-05-11, 23:23   Link #2096
Jirachier

I think the way the balance was maintained in the TMC was that they shared their members and married to one another so that all the clans are equally powerful.
Gouki is probably annoyed at the Yotsuba right now because they have too many powerful magicians, he doesn't want Miyuki to stay in the Yotsuba because that's too much. But what he doesn't know is that as long as Tatsuya is in the clan the Yotsuba are still gonna be way stronger than the rest.
Old 2015-05-11, 23:23   Link #2097
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Well since long ago Masaki should be the next head of the 10MC, so being Miyuki's fiance makes sence because Yotsubas are like an army inside the 10MC.

On vol 17 they probably go full butthurt over Maya's desicion, just to place Ichijou clan in a good spot between the families.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 23:25   Link #2098
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
I think the way the balance was maintained in the TMC was that they shared their members and married to one another so that all the clans are equally powerful.
Gouki is probably annoyed at the Yotsuba right now because they have too many powerful magicians, he doesn't want Miyuki to stay in the Yotsuba because that's too much. But what he doesn't know is that as long as Tatsuya is in the clan the Yotsuba are still gonna be way stronger than the rest.
Yes, if power balance thing is playing here, Gouki wants Miyuki to be a wife of the next Ichijou's leader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondSageClark View Post
Well since long ago Masaki should be the next head of the 10MC, so being Miyuki's fiance makes sence because Yotsubas are like an army inside the 10MC. On vol 17 they probably go full butthurt over Maya's desicion, just to place Ichijou clan in a good spot between the families.
So, it is your speculation that Gouki is planing to send his son as a fiance of Yotsuba's heir. It means, Masaki will no longer be a heir of Ichijou.
Just one more note, fiance is fiance. It is not the same as heir. Even if Maya accepts this offer, Masaki will have no voice against Maya.

@xdhakspy can you clarify how much information regarding the proposal from Ichijou we have from the preview of vol.17?
Old 2015-05-11, 23:33   Link #2099
Zoks

Guys, drop the topic on the forced love Tatsuya has to Miyuki. It has little to do with this volume and is cluttering the thread. Take it to the Miyuki thread if you want to keep going at it.

Quote:
Yes, if power balance thing is playing here, Gouki wants Miyuki to be a wife of the next Ichijou's leader.

So, it is your speculation that Gouki is planing to send his son as a fiance of Yotsuba's heir. It means, Masaki will no longer be a heir of Ichijou.
Just one more note, fiance is fiance. It is not the same as heir. Even if Maya accepts this offer, Masaki will have no voice against Maya.
I doubt he'll stop being the heir to the Ichijou. Either they work some sort of deal out where one of the future kids becomes heir to the Ichijou and the other belongs to the Yotsuba, or they are trying to say Miyuki doesn't need to be heir to the Yotsuba, since they have Tatsuya.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 23:39   Link #2100
Jirachier

Quote:

@xdhakspy can you clarify how much information regarding the proposal from Ichijou we have from the preview of vol.17?
There is no way Gouki will send his son to be Miyuki's fiancé, he wants Miyuki to become an Ichijou not the other way around. If Ichijou went to the Yotsuba even if he's not as good as Miyuki or Tatsuya he's still a considerably powerful magician, it will just make them even stronger while the other clans get weaker.

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy