AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-16, 12:50   Link #1101
Clutchdog

Well, I'm not sure that's entirely correct. It's not like Tatsuya's behavior is any different around the various women that approach him. And jealousy in the end is just a byproduct of possessiveness.

Miyuki however always prioritizes Tatsuya's wishes and doesn't want to get in his way or trouble him. I think if she wasn't the sort of person that considered it arrogant and not her place to control Tatsuya in this way, she would very much limit Tatsuya's interaction with other women. She is after all very conscious of the fact that she's just another thing that binds Tatsuya to an unpleasant fate, that's why she limits it to just being extremely upset.
I think her true nature is in this sense a bit in conflict with her want of being Tatsuya's 'ideal girl' and not wanting to treat him like an object because of how the family has treated Tatsuya.

I think instances like her getting upset at Tatsuya having Kyoukos phone number and getting upset when Mayumi dropped the bomb last volume are rather signs of possessiveness rather than jealousy.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 13:00   Link #1102
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
Well, I'm not sure that's entirely correct. It's not like Tatsuya's behavior is any different around the various women that approach him. And jealousy in the end is just a byproduct of possessiveness.

Miyuki however always prioritizes Tatsuya's wishes and doesn't want to get in his way or trouble him. I think if she wasn't the sort of person that considered it arrogant and not her place to control Tatsuya in this way, she would very much limit Tatsuya's interaction with other women. She is after all very conscious of the fact that she's just another thing that binds Tatsuya to an unpleasant fate, that's why she limits it to just being extremely upset.
I think her true nature is in this sense a bit in conflict with her want of being Tatsuya's 'ideal girl' and not wanting to treat him like an object because of how the family has treated Tatsuya.

I think instances like her getting upset at Tatsuya having Kyoukos phone number and getting upset when Mayumi dropped the bomb last volume are rather signs of possessiveness rather than jealousy.
Being possessive like that is jealousy.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 13:10   Link #1103
Clutchdog

Well, it's not exactly the same thing. Possessiveness breeds jealousy. Basically jealousy is feeling that no one else but you deserves/should receive closeness or affection from whoever is in question. At some point however you might as well use them interchangeably.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 16:18   Link #1104
MRD143

I just look at the fact that Miyuki isn't as messed up in the head as Her Brother/Cousin or Her Aunt. So I am fine with Her possessiveness.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 20:03   Link #1105
Narvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
I just look at the fact that Miyuki isn't as messed up in the head as Her Brother/Cousin or Her Aunt. So I am fine with Her possessiveness.
Not messed up in the head? You can't be serious. She's borderline psychotic.
Narvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-16, 21:05   Link #1106
MRD143

I was comparing her to Tatsuya and Maya. Compared to those two she is pretty normal.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 17:29   Link #1107
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narvi View Post
Not messed up in the head? You can't be serious. She's borderline psychotic.
Miyuki is psychotic? Do you know what the word means?

I think you are exaggerating quite a bit there. The main fault of Miyuki is her possessiveness of Tatsuya. Practically all women are like that to the person special to them. SO, you're calling all women psychotic?

Anyway, this is Mayumi's thread.

I wonder if the competitive juice comes out of her after learning of the news about the "supposed" siblings?
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-20, 04:54   Link #1108
tansun

Location: Where the Sands of Time shift and the rain of Fate fall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
Miyuki is psychotic? Do you know what the word means?

I think you are exaggerating quite a bit there. The main fault of Miyuki is her possessiveness of Tatsuya. Practically all women are like that to the person special to them. SO, you're calling all women psychotic?

Anyway, this is Mayumi's thread.

I wonder if the competitive juice comes out of her after learning of the news about the "supposed" siblings?
@Armando99 her competitive juice has been flowing ever since she found out they were getting engaged.

Last edited by tansun; 2015-05-20 at 12:14.
tansun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 09:57   Link #1109
Chirst

Got funny thing from Mahouka twitter about Mayuki
Ps.I think it is not against the rule here since it's posted by official website.
Spoiler for Mayumi:
Chirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 20:28   Link #1110
amtro
Distro

That's from the Mahouka 4koma, I bought it. It's pretty funny, but I doubt it'll get translated any day soon. It's not licensed either.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 21:14   Link #1111
BalorView

Spoiler:
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 21:27   Link #1112
amtro
Distro

And that I believe comes from the unofficial comedy fanbook. I also have that one.
Old 2015-06-01, 23:34   Link #1113
Chirst

Found 2 pictures of Mayumi in a lovely dress.
Spoiler for Mayumi:
Chirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 00:56   Link #1114
amtro
Distro

That one is a plot spoiler. They didn't even have that picture of Mayumi on the site, that must be a screengrab from the game from someone who was fortunate enough to get the card.
But yeah, this pretty much confirms the final couples. Specially with this one.

Spoiler for :
Old 2015-06-02, 23:01   Link #1115
rzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirst View Post
Spoiler for Mayumi:
If that's official I kinda figured she was going to end with him. -_- All the pairings were pretty set in stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
That one is a plot spoiler. They didn't even have that picture of Mayumi on the site, that must be a screengrab from the game from someone who was fortunate enough to get the card.
But yeah, this pretty much confirms the final couples. Specially with this one.

Spoiler for :
Is that the confirmed ending of what's going to happen or is that what the creators of the game wanted to happen?
rzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 00:03   Link #1116
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzac View Post
If that's official I kinda figured she was going to end with him. -_- All the pairings were pretty set in stone.

Is that the confirmed ending of what's going to happen or is that what the creators of the game wanted to happen?
Actually nothing is set in stone yet. Given that these aren't romance novels I am a bit surprised things were not settled. Mayumi is still up in the air. My guess is that Tats and Miyuki will end up together but since it was not properly consummated, I think we will see Mayumi and possibly Honoka and Erica used to create tension. I don't expect we find out who Mayumi ends up with for several books if not until the end.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 13:10   Link #1117
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirst View Post
Spoiler for Mayumi:
I KNEW IT!

Gotta admit. They look pretty damn cute together.

*Fingers crossed for Vishnu-expy*
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 14:35   Link #1118
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I KNEW IT!

If I understand your comment then she's Lakshmi and he's Vishnu? Interesting thought but who knows. In the end those images don't mean much. The only one who decides the pairings is Satou. To be honest I don't really care who ends up with whom. Mayumi can stay single or marry anyone she wants including Tatsuya, Hattori and a penguin. I won't care at all. For me the interesting part is that those images seem to be in almost every Mahouka related thread and forum lately. ... Well ... I got to admit they really look cute together.

For now I'm more interested in whether she will change her attitude towards Tatsuya or not. The fact that the one she likes is a Yotsuba and will be married to someone else, someone more beautiful and powerful, might drive her nuts.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 16:09   Link #1119
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

^ ^^ really? Because it just looks wrong to me.
Look at it this way, it's like Asuka and jimongy w/e his name is spelt, being together. It's laughable. Atleast towards me.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 00:50   Link #1120
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I KNEW IT!

Way to rub the salt.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote