AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-08-08, 18:13   Link #741
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abysmalheart View Post

Quote:
"But ●●(this will be a spoiler so can't tell you the name) actually wants to break up (??) so he or she might be happy that his or her parents interfered. But it seems it was too late."
He is foreshadowing something I sense DEATH FLAG !!!

TELL ME PLS !!!! I am dying to know if honoka,Mayumi,Ayako and lina have a chance.
PM me if you know or ask your friend I am ready to be spoiled !
Not necessarily. If someone tells me something like that, I think about pregnancy. The only couple where I can think of the parents interfering are Katsuhige and Kotona (unlikely) or Mari and Nasomething. It doesn't always have to be death, especially since Sato(u) didn't do such in the past.(with one exception)
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 18:24   Link #742
Blarrow

Eh it feels like author suddenly changed his whole plan while writing vol 16-17.

Previously Miyuki wanted to "free" Tatsuya and now she binds him even more.
Miyuki X Tatsuya route was technically unavailable because of the whole magician's duty thing and now it seems to be the only possible ending, with Tats and Miyuki genetically not being siblings.

Spoiler for img:
Blarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 18:32   Link #743
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarrow View Post
Eh it feels like author suddenly changed his whole plan while writing vol 16-17.

Previously Miyuki wanted to "free" Tatsuya and now she binds him even more.
Miyuki X Tatsuya route was technically unavailable because of the whole magician's duty thing and now it seems to be the only possible ending, with Tats and Miyuki genetically not being siblings.

Spoiler for img:
Actually that is pretty realistic. Self-deception and rationalization are not exactly uncommon. Miyuki wants Tatsuya to be free. Miyuki wants to marry Tatsuya. So she convinces herself that Tatsuya marrying her will set him free. I am sure others will argue it but I prefer this explanation because it is pretty common.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 19:06   Link #744
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
Actually, I am hoping it will be the Black Sage or some other antagonist who fixes Tatsuya's emotions. Force him to live with the crushing guilt of all the thousands and thousands of lives he has ended. That's about the only way i can think of to make a fight with Tatsuya even remotely interesting at this point. Sort of reverse what was done to Maya. Sadly even I think that is unlikely to happen.
I dont particular see why he would feel guilty. Even with full emotions Magicians seem to be fairly rational beings, and pretty much everyone he wiped out was an enemy combatant. Its not like he has ever gone and just killed some random fodder for the kicks. I seriously doubt even with his full emotions back he would feel guilty for anything.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 19:13   Link #745
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Calm down your delusions guys, there is no chance for the girls to finally win the Tatsuya bowl. Or all of you forgot about what the author said? "every girl have their own good ending", that means everyone is going to end in a good way and probably not with Tatsuya.

For example, for now we have:
-Tatsuya - Miyuki
-Mikihiko - Mizuki

Probably the next couples:
-Mayumi - Masaki
-Erika (after give up on tats) - Leo
-Honoka - Shippou
-Fujibayashi - Erika's brother (can't remember his name)

About Masaki x Mayumi, it's just random opinion of some japanese shippers ( Miyuki-shippers ?). According to anon of /a/, there is no flag between them, not even one, in vol 17. Mayumi still not confessing her love to Tatsuya...She doesn't give up yet....The only new flag is Honoka x Shippou. So what's the point of shipping Mayumi with Masaki ?.... it's really silly.....DO they want that pairing just because he/she is in love with their waifu or with their Jesus-sama ?... lol.... And I just remember Satou said that both Miyuki and Mayumi will have happy endings, he did not say "every girl".

Last edited by BalorView; 2015-08-08 at 22:03.
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 19:18   Link #746
raz3x

I still find it very hard to believe that Tatsuya's going along with this whole thing without a plan, well, at the very least I like to believe it, after all that talk about not being strong enough to stop the whole Yotsuba family yet, I truly hope he still manages to do something very deserving of his speech. But if I'm wrong as this engagement truly makes it seem that he's only bound to Miyuki by his lack of feelings (he's only got brotherly love, not many choices he has (Yoda mode ON lol)), the freedom you guys talk about can only be obtained by fixing this whole lack of emotions thing.

Quote:
Actually, I am hoping it will be the Black Sage or some other antagonist who fixes Tatsuya's emotions. Force him to live with the crushing guilt of all the thousands and thousands of lives he has ended. That's about the only way i can think of to make a fight with Tatsuya even remotely interesting at this point. Sort of reverse what was done to Maya. Sadly even I think that is unlikely to happen.
Same thing the guy above said, it's not like he was some kind of psychopath and frequently went on rampages killing everything on sight, alright, the Okinawa shit was pretty overkill till Yanagi stopped him, but he was still protecting his family which seems pretty rational to me. We've got tons of people in the mahoukaverse like Erika, The Crimsom Prick, Jumanji killing the dozens and they still alright, so I think it would be kinda lame to make him the only one feeling guilty about it.
raz3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 19:34   Link #747
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I don't particular see why he would feel guilty. Even with full emotions Magicians seem to be fairly rational beings, and pretty much everyone he wiped out was an enemy combatant. Its not like he has ever gone and just killed some random fodder for the kicks. I seriously doubt even with his full emotions back he would feel guilty for anything.
It's not about justification. The vast majority of people would be horrified about killing anyone. Military and police have to go through a great deal of training and conditioning to be able to handle emotional guilt like that. Tatsuya has never had to deal with emotions or feelings of that nature, ever. And it's not like Tatsuya's body count is small. He killed thousands at Okinawa. The naval base he destroyed had many tens of thousands i am sure. The weight of all that guilt, justified or not, suddenly thrust upon someone who has never had to deal with severe emotions should be crippling (not permanently, of course). A good example is the fight he had with Lina.
Old 2015-08-08, 19:50   Link #748
Zoks

Just want to point out one thing. Tatsuya and Miyuki are still siblings, even on a genetic level. The ramifications of her genetic manipulation makes it so incest would not result in genetic defects in their offspring. They're still siblings.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 19:54   Link #749
-Mahesvara_

I'm hoping Lina plays a bigger part in this arc and Satou saying he wants to put her in the story more, makes me feel optimistic about it.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 19:57   Link #750
raz3x

Quote:
It's not about justification. The vast majority of people would be horrified about killing anyone. Military and police have to go through a great deal of training and conditioning to be able to handle emotional guilt like that. Tatsuya has never had to deal with emotions or feelings of that nature, ever. And it's not like Tatsuya's body count is small. He killed thousands at Okinawa. The naval base he destroyed had many tens of thousands i am sure. The weight of all that guilt, justified or not, suddenly thrust upon someone who has never had to deal with severe emotions should be crippling (not permanently, of course). A good example is the fight he had with Lina.
Yours is a valid argument, I acknowledge that, even though I still find it something very unfitting of Satou, turning Tatsuya into a post-war traumatized soldier. But since we are now joining the realm of probabilities, I shall stop right here hehe.
raz3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 20:13   Link #751
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
Just want to point out one thing. Tatsuya and Miyuki are still siblings, even on a genetic level. The ramifications of her genetic manipulation makes it so incest would not result in genetic defects in their offspring. They're still siblings.
Please avoid this stupid discussion, can't remember who was the person saying this (author or editor) but the confirmation is "at genetic level they aren't siblings".
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 20:13   Link #752
Aciald

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz3x View Post
Yours is a valid argument, I acknowledge that, even though I still find it something very unfitting of Satou, turning Tatsuya into a post-war traumatized soldier. But since we are now joining the realm of probabilities, I shall stop right here hehe.
I'll return the favor and fully agree the chances of Satou doing that are slim.
Old 2015-08-08, 20:28   Link #753
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Let me answer this question.
I know there are some confusions because we don't have translation of vol.16 in English, yet.

On genetic level, it is hard to call Miyuki as a sibling of Tatsuya. She is close to distanced cousin than a sister for Tatsuya. And, she is not genetically altered to have Tatsuya's children. She was genetically altered to control Tatsuya. Her job is to stop Tatsuya if Tatsuya gets out of control with cocytus. According to Maya, even Tatsuya is not safe from cocytus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
I'm hoping Lina plays a bigger part in this arc and Satou saying he wants to put her in the story more, makes me feel optimistic about it.
According to anons at 2chan, Lina's scene is not long in vol.17. My wild guess is, she may show up when dispatched USNA STARS and Major Canopus fails to kill Jiedo or gets wiped by Jiedo.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 20:37   Link #754
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
According to anons at 2chan, Lina's scene is not long in vol.17. My wild guess is, she may show up when dispatched USNA STARS and Major Canopus fails to kill Jiedo or gets wiped by Jiedo.
Its possible or she could be called in as reinforcements, considering this arc is going to be 3 volumes long, Jiedo and his minions are going to be quite formidable.
Old 2015-08-08, 20:48   Link #755
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
Its possible or she could be called in as reinforcements, considering this arc is going to be 3 volumes long, Jiedo and his minions are going to be quite formidable.
We need more confirmation, but according to anons @ 2chan, Lina said, Canopus is stronger than her without heavy metal blast. Canopus may be USNA version of Yanagi. I don't know why, but it feels like, we may witness Canopus vs. Yanagi than Canopus vs. Tatsuya.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 20:57   Link #756
Kadia

Quote:

I see that coming as stated in the last preview that Canopus joining the fray will have a great consequences. Otherwise i can't see any chance for Lina coming to Japan.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 20:58   Link #757
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
We need more confirmation, but according to anons @ 2chan, Lina said, Canopus is stronger than her without heavy metal blast. Canopus may be USNA version of Yanagi. I don't know why, but it feels like, we may witness Canopus vs. Yanagi than Canopus vs. Tatsuya.
Well isn't it just the 10 master clans and the Stars going after Jeido? So I don't think he'll fight Yanagai unless the 101 cooperates with the 10MCs, but that's unlikely considering the dislike the 101 has of the 10MCs.
Old 2015-08-08, 21:01   Link #758
Zoks

Quote:
I know there are some confusions because we don't have translation of vol.16 in English, yet.

On genetic level, it is hard to call Miyuki as a sibling of Tatsuya. She is close to distanced cousin than a sister for Tatsuya. And, she is not genetically altered to have Tatsuya's children. She was genetically altered to control Tatsuya. Her job is to stop Tatsuya if Tatsuya gets out of control with cocytus. According to Maya, even Tatsuya is not safe from cocytus.

I wasn't saying she was altered so she can have his kids, just that it was a side effect. And the base source of her genes still make them siblings. I don't understand why people argue this point. It doesn't change anything.
Zoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 21:06   Link #759
somerand

Quote:
I wasn't saying she was altered so she can have his kids, just that it was a side effect. And the base source of her genes still make them siblings. I don't understand why people argue this point. It doesn't change anything.
It's stated in volume 16 that genetically speaking Maya is closer in biological relation to Tatsuya than Miyuki is. This puts them genetically speaking on the level of Cousins. People don't "argue the point" it's a simple stated fact in the novel that they aren't biological related to the same degree as normal siblings due to genetic engineering.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 21:15   Link #760
solhaz

Quote:
Almost all the talented magicians are married off for either political reasons or for the sake of breeding. You need to see the whole picture here, Honoka could be married off to some unknown dude that would just f*ck her for breeding, and probably never love her. Tatsurou and Miya's marriage is the best example of this. Heck, Katsushige's situation is heading in the same way, he'll probably not be allowed to have Kotona as the legal wife.

What you're saying about it being hell for Honoka is nonsense, you're not her. Honoka already knew that Tatsuya cannot love someone romantically since volume 5, but still insists in chasing Tatsuya.

Although not on the same level of Miyuki, Tatsuya does like Honoka. It's probably the closest thing to romantic feelings Tatsuya can have for someone. It's a no-brainer what Honoka would choose between being married off to someone that she doesn't love, and doesn't lover her either, and to someone she loves and at least likes her.

There are people out there who's willing to share their loved ones. It's not only in fiction that that happens, you know...

Heck, why am I even arguing this thing here? Harem, banzai! Add Lina and Kyouko-tan too, and we're good to go.
We saw here that they could also marry for love, besides Honoka wasn't 10MC, that political arrange marriage couldn't be enforced on her, for example: Kitayama Benio, she could even married to a normal human. Really, you haven't read the last of vol 16? Katsushige are engaged to Kotona, Maya allows them to marry.

Honoka didn't really believe his reason back then (around 50% only I think). If she really knows all about Tatsuya who could only likes her as a friend and still want to be his mistress, be my guest, as long as Miyuki and Tatsuya agree. Though If I was her parents, I would never allow her to be one. She doesn't have to be paired with someone else, but I want her to move on and find another good man who would love her as much as she loves him, to fall in love with.

LOL ask every single women out there whether they are really willing to share their husband whom they truly love very very much, the answer is NO. I know a man who has lots of wives, when he wanted to marry the 3rd wife, the 2nd wife raised a lot of ruckus to the 1st wife, she just answered "Now you know my feeling back then."

Last edited by solhaz; 2015-08-08 at 21:39.
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
political intrigue