AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-07-10, 08:03   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka LN - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volumes 17, 18, & 19) Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mahouka [LN/M], Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17, 18, & 19).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17)) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released. Note: In the case of multiple volume arcs, only discuss your expectations for the volume(s) listed in the thread's title. Expectations for volumes beyond the ones listed in the title belong in the Predictions for Beyond the Current Volume thread.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Last edited by LKK; 2016-02-08 at 22:12. Reason: added explanation about multiple volume arcs
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 08:10   Link #2
LKK

The Master Clan Conference Arc thread is now open. Feel free to post your speculations for what might happen in this arc. However, please keep your speculations regarding possible events to those that have a real possibility of happening in the upcoming volume. (No "30 years from now ..." posts, for example. ) Speculations that go beyond the scope of this arc still belong in the Predictions for Beyond the Current Volume thread.

As volume 17 spoilers drift out, they should be posted here.

Volume 17 is expected to release in Japan on August 8, 2015. The poll will open some time after the novel's release.

The Master Clan Conference Arc is expected to span more than 1 novel. Additional novels in the arc will be added to this thread as they are released.

Finally, remember that the Mahouka novel series has been licensed. As such, you can discuss the contents of the story. Limited summaries are permitted. Limited translations are permitted when they are used to support a discussion point. But you cannot ask for where to illegally find or read the novels or share such information. Not in raw form. Not in translated form.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2015-07-10 at 08:33.
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 08:22   Link #3
Kadia

Let's me be the first one to speculate. The first half of the volume should be about high school drama between the sibling and their cohorts and their pacification after the new about the sibling's identity and their engagement were announced.

The 2nd half would be about 10MC meeting and bombing.
Kadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 08:23   Link #4
AP24

The wait is killing me, especially when this is the volume where one of Tatsuya's biggest secrets is finally revealed to the public. Preview of the first chapter is still about 3 weeks away and it would suck more if the first chapter doesn't contain any of the importants parts we want to see.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 08:37   Link #5
Jiminy

I still don't understand why Mari should not only be on the cover but also be in the front row. I can understand why they chose Mayumi, but why Mari? is it even possible to give her enough screen time to justify this decision? She is only a student and a low rank member of one of the 100 clans with no direct interactions with the Shibas ever since she left first high. Besides comforting Mayumi I doubt there is much she can do. Well the author likes her and that might be reason enough.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 08:43   Link #6
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
I still don't understand why Mari should not only be on the cover but also be in the front row. I can understand why they chose Mayumi, but why Mari? is it even possible to give her enough screen time to justify this decision? She is only a student and a low rank member of one of the 100 clans with no direct interactions with the Shibas ever since she left first high. Besides comforting Mayumi I doubt there is much she can do. Well the author likes her and that might be reason enough.
At the end of volume 16 is was mentioned that the announcement of Tatsuya and Miyuki's engagement was sent out by the magic association to all of the numbers families. We don't know how the 10MC clan selection works, it's still possible that all of the numbers get to vote, this would allow the author to include Mari, Isori, Kanon and Erika in greater roles during the 10MC selection. (Just speculation on one way Mari could receive screen time.)

It was mentioned in volume 6 that amongst the watanabe family Mari is by far the most magically talented. If the 100's get a vote in the selection of the master clans it would make sense for Mari to be there as the watanabe families heir/representative or what ever she is classed as.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 08:50   Link #7
Aciald

Quote:
You mean the Magician who is so talented she was referred to as part of the big 3 with Mayumi and Katsuto? Mari is easily strong enough to be of interest to the TMC.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 08:56   Link #8
erbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
You mean the Magician who is so talented she was referred to as part of the big 3 with Mayumi and Katsuto? Mari is easily strong enough to be of interest to the TMC.
Her family name is of 100 families. Just because they have one cqc magician shouldn't make them interesting.

Maybe she will be made into a guardian/body guard of Mayumi?
erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 09:01   Link #9
Echizen777

Quote:
Because she is Mayumi's close friend? I didn't expect Mayumi to be on the cover TBH, with the preview I expected Lina, maybe Maya and the Shiba siblings but they put Mayumi there. So it implies that Mayumi will be more relevant than it was implied in the preview, more than Lina for this volume at least, she has marriage troubles + Yotsuba reveal + her dad and her brother acting without her knowing anything, since Mari is on the illustration Mayumi will likely interact more with Juumonji as well, last time she had chosen Tatsuya over him for obvious reasons and he's also invested in that mess as her 2nd candidate and next heir of the Juumonji clan. He did have a private talk with Tatsuya regarding his family too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erbrah View Post
Her family name is of 100 families. Just because they have one cqc magician shouldn't make them interesting.

Maybe she will be made into a guardian/body guard of Mayumi?

Not that I think they'll be interested in her but she is a member of the 100 families at the level of TMC combat magicians, so far, only she, Naotsugu and Toshikazu are in this category.

Last edited by Echizen777; 2015-07-10 at 09:28.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 09:11   Link #10
AP24

Quote:
It's probably because of her close friendship with Mayumi. The new volume might focus on Mayumi and Mari will play a great supporting role. Also, if the Hundred Families are involved in the selection of the Ten Master Clans then it makes even more sense for Mari to have significant presence in the volume. Of all Tatsuya's acquaintances who are from the Hundred families, Mari is the closest to Mayumi.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 09:22   Link #11
Kadia

I wonder Mari has right to attend the meeting, isn't her family mentioned in vol5 as a tail-end family of "Watanabe". I don't believe the magic association will allow the attendants bringing along close friends.

I believe she is on the cover with annoyed face because of her consoling duty and possible enmity toward Tatsuya.
Old 2015-07-10, 10:57   Link #12
erbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadia View Post
I wonder Mari has right to attend the meeting, isn't her family mentioned in vol5 as a tail-end family of "Watanabe". I don't believe the magic association will allow the attendants bringing along close friends.

I believe she is on the cover with annoyed face because of her consoling duty and possible enmity toward Tatsuya.
Maybe it will be a reunion in the beginning. Izumi and kasumi go out with mayumi a lot, and Mari also hangs out Mayumi. So it would probably have to do with a meeting of sorts or confrontation.

Maybe Nao gets injured/killed, he was/is watching Tatsuya. Mari confronts Tatsuya and blames him, which leads to a fight or Mayumi intervening.
erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 11:11   Link #13
bakato

Quote:
Quote:

I doubt her position on the cover is based on her own merits or lineage, but rather her position as Mayumi's close confident and Mayumi made the cover because she is the only close of acquaintance of Tatsuya who is a descendant of one of the 10MC. It is likely they will meet at the conference and face each other with his true identity known.

As for their expressions, it's not surprising. Finding out a trusted friend wasn't who they said they were is going to a hurt a little and make things awkward.

Last edited by bakato; 2015-07-10 at 12:24.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 11:33   Link #14
Kadia

how much about Tat's status will be revealed in this volume?

-Yotsoba's heiress fiance - Yes
-Strategic class magician - Not likely
-Silver Tourus - Possible (achievements credits now his identity as Yotsaba is known i don't see any points for keeping it hidden)

And to what extent of his magic abilities will be unraveled ?

-Material Burst - Not likely
-Baryon Lance - Not likely
-Mist Dispersal - Possible when fight terrorists

And lastly will he get the new hair style? I don't think so haha What do u guys think?
Old 2015-07-10, 11:44   Link #15
Tormenk

For the closest people around Tatsuya there's only going to be as much reaction as required to move the story forward. Erika might get an empathy scene since she kinda can relate to Tatsuya's status as family that was hidden away until they got acknowledged. Mari will probably be simple acceptance given her disposition. Mayumi would probably be disappointed in herself for not recognizing the signs and not understanding Tats better from her knowledge. Of course, Tatsuya can only come off better from each recognition or confrontation.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 11:56   Link #16
tigerdave

Quote:

I just looked at the cover. Mari looks worried, not annoyed. Mayumi looks sad and torn.
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 13:02   Link #17
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave View Post
I just looked at the cover. Mari looks worried, not annoyed. Mayumi looks sad and torn.
Even though Mayumi doesn't admit it she fell in love with someone from whom she was supposed to keep her distance. This guy belongs to a rivalling family, a bunch of psychopaths and killers. He lied to her about his identity and might even have used her for his own benefit. To top it all off this guy is already engaged to someone else.

Mayumi feeling sad and torn and Mari worrying about her friend. hmm yeah I'd say that's pretty much what I expected them to feel.
Old 2015-07-10, 13:13   Link #18
MRD143

Tatsuya never lied about his identity, until he was acknowledged by Maya he was only associated with the Yotsuba. Jumounji asked if he was a member of the TMC.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 13:37   Link #19
caminhas
Golden Sorcerer

Quote:
Even though Mayumi doesn't admit it she fell in love with someone from whom she was supposed to keep her distance. This guy belongs to a rivalling family, a bunch of psychopaths and killers. He lied to her about his identity and might even have used her for his own benefit. To top it all off this guy is already engaged to someone else.

Mayumi feeling sad and torn and Mari worrying about her friend. hmm yeah I'd say that's pretty much what I expected them to feel.
even though he had his personal agenda, it doesn't change the fact that tatsuya helped mayumi with her problems
caminhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 13:42   Link #20
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
Tatsuya never lied about his identity, until he was acknowledged by Maya he was only associated with the Yotsuba. Jumounji asked if he was a member of the TMC.
I'm sure she will perceive it as a lie. Especially because she doesn't know much about his past. Whether Tatsuya really lied or just misled her /implied something doesn't matter at all. It's not the reality but the perception of it that triggers certain emotions.

Last edited by Jiminy; 2015-07-10 at 14:04.

Tags
political intrigue