AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-03-15, 13:41   Link #21
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy
What surprises me about Japanese voice actors in general - and the cast members here are certainly no exception - is how many of them can sing at least passably well. And some of them are quite good. Compare that to, for example, the albums that William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy put out in the 60s...
Horie Yui and Tamura Yukari are two of the most successful seiyuu singers. Although I like Orikasa Fumiko better, of the ones I've heard. Chiba Saeko is good, too, I think.

I noticed that Chihara Minori, who plays Erika in Lemon Angel Project, majored at her seiyuu college in a course called something like "Singing Star." I think the seiyuu schools all teach some singing, probably since it's so hard to make a living from voice work alone.

I'm enjoying Lemon Angel Project, which is about the formation of an idol group, and eps 6 on give each of the six main seiyuu a chance to sing lead on the OP. There's even a flash file around that lets you play the OP and choose who is singing lead. The comparisons are interesting.

William Shatner's album will live forever -- in infamy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 03:13   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In American comparison for singing skill as well as voice ability, only the cast of Animaniacs come to mind:
Jesse Harnell (Wakko), Rob Paulsen (Yakko), Tress MacNeille(Dot) -- whom all could sing in voice as well as normally.

I could mention Julie Brown (Minerva Mink) and Bernadette Peters (Rita the Cat) but I believe they've done a little work prior to voice acting

I find it kind of interesting that the seiyuu have *schools* to pump these little jewels out (makes me wonder how many get their pockets picked and then dumped out on the street ala many "business schools" that fleece people).