Old 2008-06-23, 16:22   Link #1041
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

NO please ^
Old 2008-06-23, 16:26   Link #1042
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
They blame him because it gives them something to hate him about along with blaming someone for her perhaps not being around as much.
I can't understand the pointless Suzaku-bashing, but bashing the bashers isn't better.
He wasn't able to beat Kallen on the battlefield. He was beaten by Toudou, he gained a horrible defeat against Lelouch in Ep. 7. His record during R2 isn't even average. Nevertheless, he was the one to retreive Kallen. At least he didn't freeze her into carbonite .
Zhou Xanglin called Kallen "捕虜, horyo" (I think so), which means prisoner of war. Article 13 of the Third Geneva Convention "Prisoners of war must at all times be humanely treated.". I don't remember the name of CG's "Geneva Convention alter ego", but I'm pretty sure it doesn't include any latitude for BDSM fetish...
Maybe I'm too upset about the two little teasing scenes with Kallen bound, which prohibits me from just enjoying the fanservice .
Old 2008-06-23, 16:27   Link #1043
Eliarine

I think that the Suzaku hate has reached such a ridiculous level that anything he does is a new reason to blame him. Plus Kallen is pretty much forbidden territory among a lot of fans.

She was caught. He's in charge of her. That's it.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 16:29   Link #1044
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't see what retrieving her has to do with much. I don't see what the big deal is anyway.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 16:34   Link #1045
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
I don't remember the name of CG's "Geneva Convention alter ego", but I'm pretty sure it doesn't include any latitude for BDSM fetish...
Maybe I'm too upset about the two little teasing scenes with Kallen bound, which prohibits me from just enjoying the fanservice .
Haha, but those Kallen bondage scenes are great fanservice to many Japanese (even if that's not your "thing" personally). And the show is big on fanservice.

The reason why they show Kallen bounded up and gagged like that is the exact same reason why they have the camera angle shot directly on CC's butt when it's CC's mouth that is doing the talking.

If Code Geass didn't care about fanservice, I am pretty sure that they would have Kallen just standing there with her hands tied behind her back.

But, Code Geass IS about fanservice.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 16:40   Link #1046
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
I can't understand the pointless Suzaku-bashing, but bashing the bashers isn't better.
He wasn't able to beat Kallen on the battlefield. He was beaten by Toudou, he gained a horrible defeat against Lelouch in Ep. 7. His record during R2 isn't even average. Nevertheless, he was the one to retreive Kallen. At least he didn't freeze her into carbonite .
Zhou Xanglin called Kallen "捕虜, horyo" (I think so), which means prisoner of war. Article 13 of the Third Geneva Convention "Prisoners of war must at all times be humanely treated.". I don't remember the name of CG's "Geneva Convention alter ego", but I'm pretty sure it doesn't include any latitude for BDSM fetish...
Oh please do you see how the chinese gag and bound their prisoners?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 16:40   Link #1047
DarkLordOfkichiku

Well, anyway, Kallen's likely to get off lightly - maybe even partly thanks to Suzaku here (since he knows that Millay and the rest of the Ashford crew don't want anything bad to happen to her, so he might use his status as a KoR to help in that regard), so no need for this much hatred. I'm sure that Suzaku'll eventually do something more deserving of people's hatred than in this episode, so no need to waste energy
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 16:41   Link #1048
zalem

I hate Suzaku, but even I don't blame him for Kallen's capture. Xingke and the eunuchs are to blame for that. And Kallen herself is to blame for going out when her mech was in the middle of getting resupplied. That was just stupid. I actually do like Kallen, but that just wasn't a smart move.

No need to be up in arms just cause she is bound up a bit. LOL. I find the bondage amusing. Besides in the end she will be fine. Well, unless the emperor messes with her memories. In that case I'll be pretty pissed with Suzaku.
Old 2008-06-23, 16:44   Link #1049
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the britannians are having a cosplay party
she's cosplaying c.c
Old 2008-06-23, 16:44   Link #1050
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, anyway, Kallen's likely to get off lightly - maybe even partly thanks to Suzaku here (since he knows that Millay and the rest of the Ashford crew don't want anything bad to happen to her, so he might use his status as a KoR to help in that regard), so no need for this much hatred. I'm sure that Suzaku'll eventually do something more deserving of people's hatred than in this episode, so no need to waste energy
Her father might also have some influence to help her out. She'll be fine in the end and everyone will be happy with the way things go with her. Well, not everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
I hate Suzaku, but even I don't blame him for Kallen's capture. Xingke and the eunuchs are to blame for that. And Kallen herself is to blame for going out when her mech was in the middle of getting resupplied. That was just stupid. I actually do like Kallen, but that just wasn't a smart move.
Well, she probably wanted to prove herself to Lelouch or something. Which unfortunately worked and is just going to encourage her more.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-23, 16:47   Link #1051
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Her father might also have some influence to help her out. She'll be fine in the end and everyone will be happy with the way things go with her. Well, not everyone.
Might well be a combined effort of sorts - if her father turns up to fetch her back home, Suzaku might just hand her over without any protests - it'd probably be within his authority, I'm sure.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 16:49   Link #1052
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Might well be a combined effort of sorts - if her father turns up to fetch her back home, Suzaku might just hand her over without any protests - it'd probably be within his authority, I'm sure.
Meh, whatever. She'll be fine and gain more than anyone in this show probably next to Lelouch.

Old 2008-06-23, 16:53   Link #1053
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post

The reason why they show Kallen bounded up and gagged like that is the exact same reason why they have the camera angle shot directly on CC's butt when it's CC's mouth that is doing the talking.
Maybe CC is talking out her ass? She has all those strange Geass powers. Who knows these days, right? >_>'
Actually the sad part of what I've just said is that out there somewhere there probably IS an anime where this is true... *Sigh*

But anyhow... Seeing Kallen bound and gagged the first time was one thing, but this second time was a little humorous somehow. It seems like this is becoming her thing. If I got bound and gagged as much as her I would probably start to welcome it. You say fans enjoy that kind of fanservice, I say Kallen could possibly start to enjoy it too.
Married life with Lelouch could be interesting huh?

I don't think Kallen has any ill feelings about getting captured. Her feelings for Lelouch put her at ease knowing that he got worked up and claimed he would come to save her. I don't know about her father doing as much, but Lelouch certainly will try to save Kallen somehow. I guess we should've seen this coming though. The, "When this is over, will you come back with me to Ashford Academy?" scene sort of predicted this event. Lelouch had to go back to Ashford alone. Tear tear... q_q
@ Tenken below me: Lelouch isn't just her night and shining armor. He's also one of the only guys who's actually seen her naked! You think she'll let him get away with that? This is payback, he doesn't have a choice BUT to save her!
Old 2008-06-23, 16:54   Link #1054
tenken627
what Yagi said

Are you saying that this way, Lelouch is Kallen's "knight in shining armor"?

He already is now in someways since he gave those words of encouragement during her capture. She is going to be waiting for Lelouch.
Old 2008-06-23, 16:56   Link #1055
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Married life with Lelouch could be interesting huh?
Oh, knock it off and stop gloating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Are you saying that this way, Lelouch is Kallen "knight in shining armor"?

He is now in someways since he gave those words of encouragement during her capture. She is going to be waiting for Lelouch.
Unfortunately, yes. And now Kallen is going to have all those Zero fantasies she had back in season 1 fufilled. I guess they just had to make her the one though.

Old 2008-06-23, 16:57   Link #1056
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Maybe CC is talking out her ass? She has all those strange Geass powers. Who knows these days, right? >_>'
Actually the sad part of what I've just said is that out there somewhere there probably IS an anime where this is true... *Sigh*
There probably is a doujin somewhere with CC actually doing that. I don't know, those doujins are pretty weird
Old 2008-06-23, 16:57   Link #1057
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

do here think she will be mindwipe and then she will become a couple with suzaku

suzaku X kallen anyone

*runs
Old 2008-06-23, 16:59   Link #1058
Traece
:cool:

What is it with everyone and mindwipe? Just because there's Geass users it doesn't mean there's going to be mindwiping! This isn't Gundam every 50 soldiers isn't a blasted Newtype!
But no there is a possibility that Kallen could be manipulated to fight against Lelouch which means there's a good chance that she would end up dying in his arms. That would suck... I would cry. Really, I would cry.
And no, no Suzaku x Kallen. Suzaku isn't interested in women anymore. His hardcore lover died on him, he's not going to go down that road again.
Old 2008-06-23, 17:01   Link #1059
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
would the emperor even bother to mind wipe her
is she really that importent to them
Old 2008-06-23, 17:02   Link #1060
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Oh please, not this Kallen dying nonsense again. The only girl who ever has a shot of dying in his arms is C.C. and even that isn't going to happen. Kallen will not die. She will be fine in the end so stop worrying about it.