AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-26, 11:19   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
I could be wrong but as far as I remember the script of Ao and Zero is almost or just as big as the one in SC. I still say Xseed underestimated the Kiseki games and that they should get help. Sen is supposed to be even bigger and more ambitious.

Thinking about it now, I guess that may be true.... after all, the Sora trilogy are all PC ports while Zero and Ao were PSP exclusive. Guess it really wouldn't hurt for Xseed to get a little extra help in tackling those mammoths, huh? And even if they do manage to finish the Sora trilogy, there's still the question of whether they'd go for the PSP version of Zero or go straight for the Vita port instead (and it's not like we've had confirmation of a Vita port of Ao so far)....

But putting that aside for now, I'm really digging all that new info about Sen. If Falcom really intends to set the game's timeline after Zero and Ao then I guess that means those game's characters will show up in Sen as well. I'm also really interested in seeing the game's battle system in action. Golly, a trailer would really help right now....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 13:41   Link #22
defki

I am extremely psyched for this game. The tactics link system and coop actions sound awesome and the active voice also sound neat. But the story is what I am all excited. All the plot ties, reapearances of characters and cameos. Erebonia as the setting. The war. And maybe even more about Ouroborus. More of the Angis and Legions. And maybe finally the Leader. Fuck so many possibilities I can't wait. And let's not forget the music. The biggest LoH indeed. Import day -1.

On a side note I would not be suprised if Sen will also be a series similar to Sora.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 02:39   Link #23
defki

I know this is rather off topic but I just wanted to post this because localization and Xseed are mention several times and for the people wondering just what the problem is with the translation of the Kiseki games.

As you see this is the kind of Behemoth the Kiseki series is. Especially for someone small like Xseed. Zero and Ao are also very big. And with all of the games connected it is kinda harder to release them not in order. If Sen is really supposed to be bigger than SC you know what to expect. I am sure a bigger publisher would have less problems but who will do it?

Last edited by defki; 2013-02-12 at 11:00.
Old 2013-02-07, 23:15   Link #24
marvelB

Just a little bump to mention that we got a little more story details this time around. From the sound of it, it seems that the storyline will build up to a huge civil war. BTW, I am definitely digging that pic with the huge, scary monster..... I wonder if that thing will end up becoming an endgame boss....?
Old 2013-02-09, 20:12   Link #25
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
From the sound of it, it seems that the storyline will build up to a huge civil war.
Well duh, I think everybody who played Ao already knew this considering that Sen is set in Erebonia.
Definitely looking forward to this, can't get enough of this series.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 05:04   Link #26
Zexas

Old 2013-02-19, 05:44   Link #27
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Hahaha, siliconera. "Tio's son" was priceless.

I'm hoping Wazy pops up in Sen, seeing as Dominion members make some pretty important cameos.
Old 2013-02-19, 17:38   Link #28
marvelB

Darn, that trailer's just too short.... Well, at least I'm glad we got something, though! Hopefully we'll get a more lengthy video in the near future!
Old 2013-02-19, 19:54   Link #29
Iron Maw
Banned

Nice teaser, not much to say about it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Just a little bump to mention that we got a little more story details this time around. From the sound of it, it seems that the storyline will build up to a huge civil war. BTW, I am definitely digging that pic with the huge, scary monster..... I wonder if that thing will end up becoming an endgame boss....?
This site actually has more info
http://www.esterior.net/2013/02/maga...ki-showing-up/

Quote:
Alisa Leinfort
17 years old. Uses an orbal bow. She is the daughter of the chairwoman of the major orbal production company in Erebonia. She is rebelling against the urges to work for the president, like her mother, and has joined the military academy. She has an intense personality, but is softhearted on the inside.
Translation: She's a tsundere.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 01:24   Link #30
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

New characters revealed! One of them reminds me of Dudley.

I'm still curious as to which Dominion member is going to make a cameo in this title...
Old 2013-03-13, 10:52   Link #31
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Oh, c'mon. We're not going to get it. We haven't even gotten SC yet, much less 3rd, Ao, Zero... and now this.

All this excitement is basically irrelevant unless ya'll learn Japanese.
Old 2013-03-13, 11:56   Link #32
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
New characters revealed! One of them reminds me of Dudley.

I'm still curious as to which Dominion member is going to make a cameo in this title...
I'm still not hot on the whole "school setting thing" IMO, doesn't really fit the series at all and makes the title look a fairly generic otaku game. But this is falcom so...

EDIT:
Some character info:
http://www.esterior.net/2013/03/new-...weeks-famitsu/

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-03-13 at 12:12.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 15:21   Link #33
marvelB

Oh yeah, I actually recall Falcom tweeted a silhouette of one of those new characters a couple days back. I've seen some speculation that it might have been Olivier (of Sora fame), but it looks like it turned out to be that teacher chick. I DO expect to see Olivier show up eventually, though.....
Old 2013-03-13, 23:19   Link #34
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I'm still not hot on the whole "school setting thing" IMO, doesn't really fit the series at all and makes the title look a fairly generic otaku game. But this is falcom so...

EDIT:
Some character info:
http://www.esterior.net/2013/03/new-...weeks-famitsu/
I can see where your fear is coming from, and honestly I'm a bit apprehensive myself. Not because it makes the title look like a generic otaku-pandering title, but because stories in school settings have always had this tendency to slip into shallow school-life comedy...which might be jarring given the build-up that the story has (the impending civil war; come on, at this point after Ao no Kiseki, EVERYONE knows that the story is heading in that direction).

But it's Falcom, so I'm really hoping that they stick to their guns. And come up with a little less shounen-ish story than what Zero and Ao no Kiseki had.

PS. For some reason, I can't get it out of my head that Wazy is going to make an appearance in one way or another. That pretty boy is a...really popular character to say the least.
Old 2013-03-14, 07:44   Link #35
defki

It's not like the protagonists from the other games were any different. Low ranked Bracers, rookie police force and now military school and mostly young. Nothing out of the line. Ao hinted at this and once they mentioned a military academy many eyebrows were raised.

I still thinks it's the art that makes it more generic than it is.

But I don't think people should be worried. It's Falcom. At worst the story will be average. Kiseki is their flag ship series and Sen was built up with for quite some time. Can't imagine them screwing up.

It's too bad that we can't have an academy or school setting in games anymore without the whole otaku shit thrown around. It's not like there are many RPGs with this setting around.

Last edited by defki; 2013-03-14 at 07:55.
Old 2013-03-14, 07:52   Link #36
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Personally? Just don't make me do another tourist attraction picture taking sidequest, because that one...is a very, very horrible sidequest.
Old 2013-03-14, 08:00   Link #37
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Personally? Just don't make me do another tourist attraction picture taking sidequest, because that one...is a very, very horrible sidequest.
Word. No filler or slice of life crap. Get the plot moving asap.

But as this is supposed to be bigger than Sora and Ao/Zero I am afraid we will get a few terrible and boring quests about the daily life in school... .
Old 2013-03-14, 08:39   Link #38
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

If something along the lines of "we must help those in need, for it is our duty" comes up as an excuse for sidequests like that, someone's gonna get an Akashic Arm in the face. I wouldn't mind sidequests, really, but only if they actually add to the story and help enrich the experience (like in Ao where Lloyd can figure out who the mastermind is if you've done certain sidequests). If there's going to be filler...hoo boy. I'd love go and say that I'll just ignore them, but my OCD will never let me do that.
Old 2013-03-14, 12:27   Link #39
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Oh, c'mon. We're not going to get it. We haven't even gotten SC yet, much less 3rd, Ao, Zero... and now this.

All this excitement is basically irrelevant unless ya'll learn Japanese.
Unfortunately, that's been always the case with a few lucky exceptions. Furthermore, a "simple" learning japanese is too less for the LoH series given all the bombardment of political, IT, religious(?) and similar non-everdays-life terminology. Or at least it seemed like that from my minimal degree of comprehension.

What I hope for is an MC, who won't turn out as dense as Lloyd regarding the opposite gender (even if the bonding event(s) were partly responsible for it). And I'm sure that'd be feasible while still keeping the story-telling on the greater conflict(s) across the town/continent/whereever.
Old 2013-03-17, 01:25   Link #40
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Well, Joshua and Estelle were pretty upfront about their feelings. The character relationship dynamic was handled pretty well alongside the story, in FC, SC and The 3rd IMO, especially considering that it was what led to Joshua and Loewe's denouements.

Then came the new direction with Zero/Ao, featuring Capture King Lloyd. It wasn't bad, buuuuut I certainly do hope that the whole "dense protagonist with harem of females pining after him so openly" trope doesn't overstay its welcome in Sen no Kiseki (that is if they're going to even use it).

A bit off-topic, but I want a Ys vs Kiseki 2. Oh how I'd love to use Yin, or even Wazy. ;w;

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria