AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-06-14, 03:11   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 908 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's been twist after twist so far with the Reverie! What shocking new info will pop up next? Let's find out! Credit goes to various sources:

-Chapter title is "Beginning of the Reverie". Ministory involves Orlumbus making a sort of "pirating schedule", heh.

-Shirahoshi's bruises are tended by the Tontatta princess, Mansherry. Mjosgard tells her that he'll accompany her to the conference, and will take full responsibility if any more conflict occurs. Meanwhile, Pell apologizes to Vivi for not coming to her aid sooner. As for Cobra, he apparently reads a letter, and sets off to have a conversation with king Riku and Fujitora....

-Later, the queen of the Sorube(?) Kingdom, Conney, is denied entrance to the Pangaea castle. Behind the queen, Charloss and his father, Roswald, arrive at the castle to attend to urgent business. Roswald is riding on the back of a slave that he got on rental: Present Shichibukai, former Revolutionary Army Commander, and former king of the Sorube Kingdom, BARTHOLOMEW KUMA!!!! As the nobles and their slaves enter the castle, the queen who was denied entrance manages to sneak in after them. It's soon revealed that queen Conney is actually the supernova, JEWELRY BONNEY! It looks like she's connected to Kuma somehow, as she tears up at seeing the former monarch reduced to such a state, then swears she'll reach her target. Underground, we see Sabo with Morley, Lindbergh and Karasu, who are sneaking through the holy land using Morley's ability. They swear that they won't leave without rescuing their comrade Kuma, who was a former WG member nation's king who was made an example of....!!!!

-The day of the Reverie arrives. We see the Gorousei, who say that Cobra has requested a meeting with them, which arouses their suspicions. They say that the Nefertari family are traitors to the original founders of the WG, and also discuss the news about Big Mom and Kaidou making their move. They then conclude that if it's impossible to maintain the world's balance forever, then a purge is necessary. We then cut to the room with the Empty Throne, where we see the mysterious figure from a couple chapters back (who was in the frozen chamber with the big straw hat), who has shredded pictures of Luffy, Blackbeard, and Shirahoshi scattered on the floor, and is staring at a photo of Vivi. As he approaches the throne, the Gorousei refers to this person as Im-sama (or Imu?). As Im sits upon the throne, the elders prostrate before him, asking him if there's a light he wishes to extinguish from history....!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 08:12   Link #2
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Oh interesting to see who this Im-sama guy is. Seems really important.

Hopefully Kuma get's rescued.

Too bad no chapter next week.
Old 2018-06-14, 08:13   Link #3
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

empty throne my ass...

there's a theory that the mysterious figure is luffy's mom? haha
Old 2018-06-14, 09:24   Link #4
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
empty throne my ass...
I know, right? Nice cover up again by the WG suggesting that no one individual rules over all. Because of this, Im-sama is most likely never exposed to the world. If word were to ever get out about this, a worldwide rebellion would ensue. Dragon probably knows what's going on here.
Old 2018-06-14, 11:00   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that they've actually revealed it, it just seems so obvious in retrospect that the so called Empty Throne actually belonged to someone. Why is he holding Vivi's picture?

Bonney just gets more and more mysterious. She was apparently connected to Whitebeard, and now Kuma?
Old 2018-06-14, 17:04   Link #6
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Why is he holding Vivi's picture?
The impression I have is that Im/Imu/Ym/whatever is looking at pictures of those he perceives as the greatest threats to the world's balance. Luffy and Blackbeard alone are self-explanatory, but again, notice that one of those pics was of Shirahoshi..... which indicates he's most likely aware of her identity as the ancient weapon Poseidon. As for Vivi... well, her country ALSO has an ancient weapon of its own, remember. As for why he wasn't looking at a picture of Cobra instead.... I dunno, I guess he's focusing on the next generation instead or something, lol.

But yeah, the fact that he's sitting on the so-called empty throne raises more than a couple of questions, indeed. You know, so many people were focusing on that straw hat, but maybe Im himself is the great secret Doflamingo was referring to.....

Quote:
Bonney just gets more and more mysterious. She was apparently connected to Whitebeard, and now Kuma?
Looks like the theory going around now is that she's a relative of Kuma, possibly his daughter. I mean, she even disguised herself as the queen of the same nation that Kuma originally ruled....

And on the subject of Kuma.... damn, it looks like this guy had a real complicated past. From a former monarch to a revolutionary spy/Shichibukai, yet now he's reduced to a world noble's mindless robot slave..... guy's been through a lot. I guess Bonney will team up with Sabo's group if her goal is also to rescue Kuma, then....
Old 2018-06-14, 17:46   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yep, Kuma really has it rough. It's sad seeing him reduced to such a state.

Plenty of theories going around about Imu. Him being the first and possibly only immortal made thanks to the ope ope no mi seems quite likely to me. It would explain why even the Five Elders hold such respect for him.
Old 2018-06-14, 18:10   Link #8
The Small One

I guess the Straw Hat was the equivalent of a crown in the past.
The past of Kuma is really interessting. I wonder what exactly made the King of a country join the revolutionaries… and why did he decide to go back to the WG to become a Shichibukai and even let himself be turned into a cyborg…
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 18:25   Link #9
espec22

Finally, the series BIG BAD (partially)has beeen revealed and it only took 908 chapters. For a moment, I thought they were going to fight Gol D. Rogers in the big finale....althought.... he has an Straw Hat...............HOLY S*+T , HE IS GOLD D. ROGER........'s evil twin brother
espec22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 18:28   Link #10
WyrdMonger

Possible Theory: after his country was presumably devastated, due to leaving the WG, Kuma became a pirate and eventually a Revolutionary. As for joining the Schibukai, and surrendering himself to the Pacifista prohect, it's possible he did it to protect his rebuilt kingdom, and possibly have it reinstated to the WG.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 19:16   Link #11
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I got a feeling that Charloss and his family came from Goa Kingdom and maybe Sterry is the first one to spot that person in throne room.

Most likely Im is not aware that Pluton now is in hands of Franky (Since he destroy the blueprints and most likely he have the blueprints on his brain). I still think that Cobra may ask about Poneglyph and perhaps Alabasta is a way led to Uranus, the last ancient weapon.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-14, 20:58   Link #12
danielevo

So good chapter, this so hype me up..

By the way, some say the kneeling person to imu sama is Shanks !
danielevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 01:09   Link #13
Ultragunner

Oda, please, my body can't take it any more!!!
Old 2018-06-15, 03:24   Link #14
cyberdemon

I wonder what connects Blackbeard to Luffy, Shirahoshi, and Vivi in the eyes of the celestial dragons. I could see a connection with the other 3. Luffy crew has the blueprints to pluton through frankly. Shirahoshi is Poseidon. And Vivi’s Alabasta has a ponyglyph of Pluton. Perhaps Blackbeard has Uranus.
Old 2018-06-15, 04:23   Link #15
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the final boss is here
although Blackbeard would mess everything up for sure soon

I wonder why Shirahoshi's picture got stabbed.. are they going to remove everyone that got affiliated with Straw Hat?

and we need a background story of Bonnie.. last time we saw her got captured by Blackbeard
and now she is in Reverie trying to save Kuma
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 04:46   Link #16
Ultragunner

^ actually the last time we saw her was at the end of Dressrosa when the news of Doflamingo's defeat broke, Bonney was stealing some food ans reading the newspaper
Old 2018-06-15, 05:24   Link #17
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by espec22 View Post
Finally, the series BIG BAD (partially)has beeen revealed and it only took 908 chapters.
Honestly, despite Im's reveal, I'm still pegging Blackbeard as the one who will ultimately become the final villain. At least, I feel he's more fitting since Oda's built him up as the anti-Luffy of sorts, plus there's quite a few mysteries behind him that are left unsolved (how he's able to use a second DF, his being part of the D lineage, his interest in history, etc.). Plus, he's got several hundred chapters on Im, who only first appeared two chapters ago, lol.

Quote:
Plenty of theories going around about Imu. Him being the first and possibly only immortal made thanks to the ope ope no mi seems quite likely to me. It would explain why even the Five Elders hold such respect for him.
While I also think Im being an immortal is likely, I just want to say I also believe the elders themselves are likely to be immortal, as well. It was even confirmed last chapter that the five of them are the highest rank of Celestial Dragon, so I wouldn't be surprised if they literally turned out to be the last surviving founders of the WG (making them over 800 years old).....

BTW, this chapter interestingly revealed that Mjosgard was one of the few world nobles who does NOT possess his own slaves. Roswald even went as far as to compare him to Doflamingo's late father, Homing. I think this lends further credence to Mjosgard's redemption being genuine, seeing as he's considered a maverick among his fellow nobles....

Also, woo! We finally see king Clockbeard! I think his design is still my favorite among the new royalty introduced!
Old 2018-06-15, 06:22   Link #18
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
^ actually the last time we saw her was at the end of Dressrosa when the news of Doflamingo's defeat broke, Bonney was stealing some food ans reading the newspaper

wow I didn't notice her... hahaha
I really thought the rest of Supernova generation is already forgotten except Luffy and Law
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 08:59   Link #19
Theia_Loki

Holy... shit!

This stuff with Kuma and Bonney... It's all starting to make sense now. Kuma being a former king, Bonney disguising herself as the Queen of Sombey, Blackbeard taking her captive two years ago, Akainu/Sakazuki's concern with her, and Kuma being converted into a Pacifista... It doesn't explain why Kuma was referred to as 'Tyrant', but it does give some further perspective regarding him.

Guess Bonney might be his daughter or something.

And once again, the World Government's revealed to be more and more hypocritical. No one sits on the throne as a sign of everyone being equal... yet one guy from the shadows sits upon it when no one but the Gorousei is looking.

I honestly hope they won't sink too low by killing Mjosgard, 'cause that would be the lowest point for them to reach even before they turn their attention to Vivi and Shirahoshi.

But how would they even know about those two even having connections to Luffy in the first place? Was CP0 spying on them even then?!
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-15, 09:22   Link #20
grecefar

I was crying like bonnie when I saw kuma, my god... ;A;

It seems that IM is the one who is going to restore the "balance" of the world and maybe the way is to get rid of luffy, teach, shirahoshi and use vivi in some way, maybe make her his queen?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote